AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-02, 03:17   Link #401
for3ver
The Lost Child

sneaky oba-san?? :O

thanks for the summary
Old 2012-04-02, 06:40   Link #402
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

After reading to many spoilers, I don't know why but my image of Miyuki become worse and worse. She is like weight to Tatsuya. Even knowing what Yotsuba did to Tatsuya, it seem like she didn't do something for Tatsuya. Is she even know that she is the hostage for Tatsuya? Or is Tatsuya's family (his mom, his dad, and Miyuki) is a bunch of coward?
Old 2012-04-02, 06:59   Link #403
bludvein

Umm, yes she does know she is in effect a hostage of sorts. She doesn't really care for her family either, but pretends to for Tatsuya's sake. Its weird like that, Tatsuya pretends he doesn't hate the Yotsuba in order to not pressure his sister, and Miyuki plays along with it. Her loyalty is to her brother.

As for the rest of the family, i'm not sure if coward is the right word, even though they are scared of him. Who wouldn't be, given what he can do and the obvious resentment he holds towards them?
Old 2012-04-02, 07:17   Link #404
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
After reading to many spoilers, I don't know why but my image of Miyuki become worse and worse. She is like weight to Tatsuya. Even knowing what Yotsuba did to Tatsuya, it seem like she didn't do something for Tatsuya. Is she even know that she is the hostage for Tatsuya? Or is Tatsuya's family (his mom, his dad, and Miyuki) is a bunch of coward?
Spoiler for sandhy!:
Old 2012-04-02, 07:37   Link #405
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Spoiler for Tatsuya vs Yotsuba Clan:
Old 2012-04-02, 07:57   Link #406
bludvein

Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-04-02, 08:28   Link #407
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

can anyone tell me about Tatsuya and Miyuki's parent? About his dad and mom.

Are they failure as a parent?
Old 2012-04-02, 08:53   Link #408
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
can anyone tell me about Tatsuya and Miyuki's parent? About his dad and mom.

Are they failure as a parent?
Yes, they are. They are too incompetent to realize their own son's hidden potential and disgard him as failure themselves.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:33   Link #409
sunsown

I cannot understand what the feeling of resentment or vengence Tatsuya has on the Yotsuba family. Is it because of the way the Yotsuba family trains their members (Tatsuya included) and does genetic manipulation and all?
Old 2012-04-02, 09:50   Link #410
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
I cannot understand what the feeling of resentment or vengence Tatsuya has on the Yotsuba family. Is it because of the way the Yotsuba family trains their members (Tatsuya included) and does genetic manipulation and all?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-02, 09:55   Link #411
bludvein

I think it has something to do with the torture and treatment as an expendable object. For the record, not all the Yotsuba go through any kind of experimentation, only the rejects. Most of them don't survive.

Theres a scene in a summary over on jcafe where he takes his shirt off and his entire body is laced with scars, burns and remnants of stab wounds. Keep in mind that Tatsuya can instantly heal injuries. So those scars were done either before his magic was done maturing or while it was somehow blocked.

That's only the tip of the iceberg. It doesnt take a large imagination to guess where his resentment comes from.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:23   Link #412
sunsown

If the training is to make them stronger then isnt it natural as they are that kind of a family where power speaks. If they are strong they are allowed to exist. Otherwise they are subjected to training. If they go through it till the end they survive. You could take the example of the Zoldyck family in Hunter x Hunter where to become a proper assassin they go through hellish training.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:28   Link #413
shadowphx15

Spoiler for Tatsuya vs. Yotsuba:
Old 2012-04-02, 11:12   Link #414
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Since the MC is already so badass. I think the author might have trouble trying to write the LNs from year 2-3 in high school without introducing more badass enemies.

But seriously, the difference in power between the MC and the rest of students in his school is a bit...
Old 2012-04-02, 11:29   Link #415
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Since the MC is already so badass. I think the author might have trouble trying to write the LNs from year 2-3 in high school without introducing more badass enemies.

But seriously, the difference in power between the MC and the rest of students in his school is a bit...
That's why we have power suppression.
Spoiler for power suppression:

In a "normal" circumstance such as the school, he can only access up to gram demolition and gram dispersion along with his martial arts and his great intellect.
Old 2012-04-02, 11:54   Link #416
tsunade666

plus your forgetting the whole 13-1 Apostles and the other unregistered war level magicians.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:00   Link #417
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
That's why we have power suppression.
Spoiler for power suppression:

In a "normal" circumstance such as the school, he can only access up to gram demolition and gram dispersion along with his martial arts and his great intellect.
Spoiler for the MC's secrets:
Old 2012-04-02, 13:22   Link #418
Voceane

I think the initial problem with his family is not from his lack of power but from his emotions. He can't use his power because he is too human.
I think that he has and his family could have measured his potential but his emotions are an obstacle to there development. How to react when you discover that if you use its power can kill thousands or millions of people. He must learn to control his emotions and he has no remorse for his actions or he'll self-destructs.
At First, his familly confronted him with emotional pain, they take away his mother and told them that she is dead. (Is dhe really dead? or is she used as backup for her aunt? If I remember his mother is the twin of the head of the familly.) But that's not enough they torture and finally they implanted a machine in his brain to erdicate all humanity.
Old 2012-04-02, 13:25   Link #419
Richocet
Lover of Purity

The way I see it is that his problem is the lack of emotions, as he doesn't seem to have any and is trying to regain them.
Old 2012-04-02, 13:54   Link #420
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
I think the initial problem with his family is not from his lack of power but from his emotions. He can't use his power because he is too human.
I think that he has and his family could have measured his potential but his emotions are an obstacle to there development. How to react when you discover that if you use its power can kill thousands or millions of people. He must learn to control his emotions and he has no remorse for his actions or he'll self-destructs.
At First, his familly confronted him with emotional pain, they take away his mother and told them that she is dead. (Is dhe really dead? or is she used as backup for her aunt? If I remember his mother is the twin of the head of the familly.) But that's not enough they torture and finally they implanted a machine in his brain to erdicate all humanity.
Actually, that sequence isn't quite right. I'll release the Flashback Arc's summary soon. So you'll see.

Spoiler for mother:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings