AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 14:11   Link #3241
fuff

where can i get the patch for lambda?? is it out?
Old 2012-03-23, 14:26   Link #3242
Kloanoa
El Psy Congroo

Send a message via MSN to Kloanoa
Well I finally got the whole game to work, also thanks to the person hosting that manual patch for Lamda on mediafire.
Old 2012-03-23, 15:18   Link #3243
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey View Post
Lambda isn't a very effective character... and her ability sure doesn't help. Don't use her with people like Will, Battler, Beatrice and Virgilia. >_>
Hopefully that'll get improved. In terms of her moves, everything apart from Meta Super is practical, just lacking in the damage department. And her ability needs changing. Something like blocking without filling the gauge whilst it's active. Because right now, she's a pretty lame character.

I still havn't seen a single combo or practical way for Lambda to fight which isn't overly reliant on a good matchup or draining SP at a stupid pace. (The best combo i've seen deals 3000 damage for 4 SP)
Old 2012-03-23, 15:31   Link #3244
Terras

I honestly would not be surprised if this was intentional for obvious reasons. The way she holds herself, the majority of her basic attacks, etc, pretty much show she's not going all out against the opponent in a mocking sort of way.
Old 2012-03-23, 15:49   Link #3245
Kloanoa
El Psy Congroo

Send a message via MSN to Kloanoa
Lambdadelta is a fun character.
Old 2012-03-23, 16:08   Link #3246
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
Hopefully that'll get improved. In terms of her moves, everything apart from Meta Super is practical, just lacking in the damage department. And her ability needs changing. Something like blocking without filling the gauge whilst it's active. Because right now, she's a pretty lame character.

I still havn't seen a single combo or practical way for Lambda to fight which isn't overly reliant on a good matchup or draining SP at a stupid pace. (The best combo i've seen deals 3000 damage for 4 SP)
Umm most of her specials are pretty lackluster too, they have way too much startup to be any useful at anything else than keepaway (and keepaway isn't that good in Ougon...) Her normals are okay, I guess. 2C is an interesting tool but I don't know why they gave it to her. Her 6B/3B popcorn flick is pretty interesting, too.

The special version of her 22X shield should protect against every projectiles,

Her blackhole special should have less start up or invincibility during startup (or atleast super armor),

Her 236X should definitely have less startup to be comboable into 2C considering the luck factor in the AB version of it,

214X traps should stay out much longer because now they don't really feel menacing at all.

236236C is pretty damaging and the scaling is awesome, I think it should remain untouched.

c.5C should have more range because it whiffs in combos against a few characters such as Shannon.

Her comboability is pretty bad, too. I think her most effective and only damaging combo is j.2C 6C 6B 5A 5B 2B f.5C 2C 236236C and like j.2C 6C 6B 5A 5B 2B f.5C 2C 236A if meterless, but doesn't ground the opponent and leaves you in an unsafe position.

I would DEFINITELY make it so UltraPER prevents guard damage during metaworld, that would totally be a good thing.

I think a patch might be needed to improve her. She has tools to be an awesome character, but they are all kinda... weak. Honestly, there is no point in using Lambdadelta with anyone... except if you really like Lambda. I will stand corrected when someone actually makes her work as she is now.
Old 2012-03-23, 16:24   Link #3247
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
I honestly would not be surprised if this was intentional for obvious reasons. The way she holds herself, the majority of her basic attacks, etc, pretty much show she's not going all out against the opponent in a mocking sort of way.
I kinda agree. I do very much get the impression she's not taking this seriously judging from half her moves (she throws popcorn, pushes people backwards and smacks them with a fan) and then the other half seem like she is being serious (candy bombs, exploding candies, black holes and underhand kicks). Maybe without Bern being around, she doesn't want to bother?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solkiskey View Post
Umm most of her specials are pretty lackluster too, they have way too much startup to be any useful at anything else than keepaway (and keepaway isn't that good in Ougon...) Her normals are okay, I guess. 2C is an interesting tool but I don't know why they gave it to her. Her 6B/3B popcorn flick is pretty interesting, too.

The special version of her 22X shield should protect against every projectiles,

Her blackhole special should have less start up or invincibility during startup (or atleast super armor),

Her 236X should definitely have less startup to be comboable into 2C considering the luck factor in the AB version of it,

214X traps should stay out much longer because now they don't really feel menacing at all.

236236C is pretty damaging and the scaling is awesome, I think it should remain untouched.

c.5C should have more range because it whiffs in combos against a few characters such as Shannon.

Her comboability is pretty bad, too. I think her most effective and only damaging combo is j.2C 6C 6B 5A 5B 2B f.5C 2C 236236C and like j.2C 6C 6B 5A 5B 2B f.5C 2C 236A if meterless, but doesn't ground the opponent and leaves you in an unsafe position.

I would DEFINITELY make it so UltraPER prevents guard damage during metaworld, that would totally be a good thing.

I think a patch might be needed to improve her. She has tools to be an awesome character, but they are all kinda... weak. Honestly, there is no point in using Lambdadelta with anyone... except if you really like Lambda. I will stand corrected when someone actually makes her work as she is now.
I agree. She could be a really good character, but she needs some big changes The black hole moves need invincibility...the candy is pretty useless if you guard against it in the SP version, and if Lambda follows up with an attack it leaves her vulnerable to being Guard Touched.Ideally, they'd also last longer.

I mean, if you have the time to set up a special, they're pretty great moves. The idea behind the black holes are a really unique combo extender (Set up a black hole and you wouldn't need to Dash Cancel), and the keep away SP shield could be a great knockback move.

I wouldn't make the Candy Mines last longer, but deal more damage. It's kinda obvious they're meant to be really threatening, but they just aren't.

Maybe similar to the way Lambda gets more arcade runs when Bern comes out, Lambda gets improved when Bern comes out?
Old 2012-03-23, 17:32   Link #3248
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azule View Post
I kinda agree. I do very much get the impression she's not taking this seriously judging from half her moves (she throws popcorn, pushes people backwards and smacks them with a fan) and then the other half seem like she is being serious (candy bombs, exploding candies, black holes and underhand kicks). Maybe without Bern being around, she doesn't want to bother?

I agree. She could be a really good character, but she needs some big changes The black hole moves need invincibility...the candy is pretty useless if you guard against it in the SP version, and if Lambda follows up with an attack it leaves her vulnerable to being Guard Touched.Ideally, they'd also last longer.

I mean, if you have the time to set up a special, they're pretty great moves. The idea behind the black holes are a really unique combo extender (Set up a black hole and you wouldn't need to Dash Cancel), and the keep away SP shield could be a great knockback move.

I wouldn't make the Candy Mines last longer, but deal more damage. It's kinda obvious they're meant to be really threatening, but they just aren't.

Maybe similar to the way Lambda gets more arcade runs when Bern comes out, Lambda gets improved when Bern comes out?
The idea behind the black hole special is interesting, but I don't know how they could make it work...
Old 2012-03-24, 01:53   Link #3249
fuff

where can i get the patch for lambda?? is it out?
Old 2012-03-24, 02:52   Link #3250
immblueversion

I know it may be weird saying this, and I don't know if anyone else has done it already, but I think I've managed to figure out the names of Lambda's specials and SP specials, despite them being written in cutesy Japanese internet slang, which I'm not entirely familiar with.

Specials:

すぃ→⊃ (すいーつ) - Sweets
は→とぅぉ→む (はーとうぉーむ) - Heartwarm
こω∧oぃとぅ (こんぺいとう) - Konpeito
ふ〃らっ<ほ→る (ぶらっくほーる) - Black Hole

SP Specials:

ぉっきなすぃ→⊃♪ (おっきなすいーつ) - Big Sweets
超は→とぅぉ→むっ♪ (超はーとうぉーむ) - Ultra-Heartwarm
ぉっきなこω∧oぃとぅ♪ (おっきなこんぺいとう) - Big Konpeito
すぃ→とほ→る~♪ (すいーとほーる) - Sweet Hole

However, the other attack names have me stumped:

にU〃ぃЗ☆はなひ〃 (にびいろ☆はなび) - Dark Gray(?) Fireworks
ぉかU☆すぃせぃ!! - (おかひ☆すいせい) - ???? Comet

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-03-24, 05:33   Link #3251
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Guys, refresh my memory, what's the best place to buy CROSS?
Old 2012-03-24, 07:46   Link #3252
Ouverture
Golden Fighter

Probably amiami.com
Old 2012-03-24, 09:56   Link #3253
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
にU〃ぃЗ☆はなひ〃 (にびいろ☆はなび) - Dark Gray(?) Fireworks
ぉかU☆すぃせぃ!! - (おかひ☆すいせい) - ???? Comet
にじいろ☆はなび (Rainbow-Colored Fireworks)
おかし☆すいせい (Candy Comet)
Old 2012-03-24, 10:29   Link #3254
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
にじいろ☆はなび (Rainbow-Colored Fireworks)
おかし☆すいせい (Candy Comet)
Makes much more sense that way.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-03-24, 12:16   Link #3255
Mormel

I really like playing with Lambda and will probably play a lot since I just finisched my A-levels :3
Is it normal that the in the replay menu it shows Bern's face instead of Lambda's? Or should I reinstall?
I'm really sure that she will get a little tweak later, but she instantly rose to one of my favourite characters
Old 2012-03-24, 12:27   Link #3256
Walterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
I really like playing with Lambda and will probably play a lot since I just finisched my A-levels :3
Is it normal that the in the replay menu it shows Bern's face instead of Lambda's? Or should I reinstall?
I'm really sure that she will get a little tweak later, but she instantly rose to one of my favourite characters

It's a replay bug as usual, happens in all patches.

The previous patch it would list replays from 28-31/12/2011 and had matches of Ange Ange vs Battler Battler or something like that.
Old 2012-03-24, 17:40   Link #3257
lugh121

Lambdadelta solo combo 3219 damage, just using 3SP bars

http://youtu.be/p0MiTFPhPlY
Old 2012-03-24, 23:06   Link #3258
Solkiskey

Doesn't look very practical, you want to avoid long ass combos in real matches.
Old 2012-03-25, 01:36   Link #3259
fuff

please dont ignore my post...where can i get the lambda patch?
Old 2012-03-25, 01:47   Link #3260
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
please dont ignore my post...where can i get the lambda patch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post
Here is the manual pack: http://www.mediafire.com/?6v15373hug42tu5

Thanks to my friend!
It's just a couple pages back.

Just dump the folder in your Ougon Cross directory and agree to replacing some files.

Edit - Oh, here's the actual installer if it's easier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterion View Post
Patch has been rehosted on Mediafire, link below:

Auto patch 2.20