AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-11, 03:48   Link #1
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Zettai Karen Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The anime adaptation of the Zettai Karen Children manga is now mentioned on Shounen Sunday's news page:
http://websunday.net/news/
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The official site for the Zettai Karen Children anime:
http://www.z-child.com/

Broadcast starts: April 6, 2008.
Here are some of the info NeoSam contibuted ^_^
Old 2008-03-11, 04:19   Link #2
Siegel Clyne

It takes over Hayate the Combat Butler's time slot on TV Tokyo, Sundays, 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 09:01   Link #3
hi no ken Jebus

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. I'm not a big fan of Hirano who will be voicing Kaoru looking forward to Aoi and Shiho though. Also the fact that it's taking the Hayate time slot means that it will probably end up being toned down and deviate from the manga. But yay! it's getting animated
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 21:13   Link #4
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

The first episode was absolutely awesome. Hilarious, action packed, not at all disturbing, wonderful all around. Easily easily the most impressive first episode of this season thus far. There were crotch beams, teleportation, super tsunpower, the works.

Cappery:
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=759
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 21:14   Link #5
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm hoping someone subs this. It was on my "to watch" list before this season got off to a start.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 23:04   Link #6
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 1:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 02:38   Link #7
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I'm hoping someone subs this. It was on my "to watch" list before this season got off to a start.
After watching the first episode, I'm hoping the same thing. It was kind of fun to watch and it's got definite potential as a for the heck of it series.
Old 2008-04-06, 03:20   Link #8
Rias

I think those who have not read the manga would probably enjoy this series...those who already have read the manga would probably complain abit
Spoiler for thoughts of ep1:
Old 2008-04-06, 09:26   Link #9
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

As far as I can tell, they changed the sequence of things a bit, like how the children only just meet Kouichi in episode 1, how the anti-babel espers show up much earlier than in the manga etc etc. But that's all forgiveable since they probably wanted to show the development of the relationship of the children with Kouichi and they wanted to move the plot along faster than the manga.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 12:37   Link #10
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Oh good to hear that the episode was good. I am getting it right now...I absolutely love Hirano Aya so I can't wait to hear her good work. Sounds like this is much better than Boobnaut
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:06   Link #11
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Oh good to hear that the episode was good. I am getting it right now...I absolutely love Hirano Aya so I can't wait to hear her good work. Sounds like this is much better than Boobnaut
I've heard people describe her role as ranging from oversold to outright annoying in how high pitched it is and that it's actually hurt their attempts to watch the show. Just be forewarned.

I've never really liked Aya Hirano's acting anyway, even as far back as Haruhi and what little I've seen of Kiddy Grade. It always comes across as forced rather than natural, like she's trying way to hard and ends up overacting. Her entire popularity in the west seems to be based off of what many think is a personal talent in being able to change pitch and tone on the fly. In actuality as Houkoholic has said many times, any seiyuu worth their weight in talent can manage that as a basic skill. That's probably why much of Japan's 2ch audience isn't particularly impressed.

Anyways......so if anything I'm interested in the show for the possibility of seeing lolis kick some ass. Deep, I know....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:39   Link #12
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep1:
As for the OP and ED, I loved them both, especially the singing. I don't believe I have ever heard better singing from a seiyuu group. Both were at least as good as Kotoko's final OP for Hayate (which I watched a bit of for comparison). The ED comes out as a single late in May, and the OP late in June.

Kaioshin: Are you sure about that idea that Hirano's popularity "in the West" is based on that voice-switching parlor trick? It was one of the things that helped bring her to the attention of a wider Japanese audience, however, I will agree. And I've skimmed 2channel, and to me the opinion seems pretty well split between the anti-Hirano forces who hate her work and people who think she did a great job. My own opinion isn't so clear, as I wrote in the spoiler. As for the substance of your criticism (over-sold, etc.), I think it's a reasonable point of view in general, just something I personally think is made up for by other aspects of her work, such as inventiveness and power. One thing I'll say about her performance here: there's no way you can ignore it, lol. It does bother me when you post criticisms before you've actually watched an episode, but I doubt watching it will change your opinion. Anyway, there's some top-notch "lolis kicking ass."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-06 at 15:14.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:49   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:53   Link #14
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
I first became interested in this series a few months ago through my issues of Weekly Shounen Sunday, which I order each week in order to scanlate Inuyasha. I'm glad to finally see it animated.

Kaoru: God, why did they have to use Hirano. I'm convinced that they used her simply for the ratings. I hate her random squeaks and "Haruhi 2.0" voicing of Kaoru. I pretty much screamed in agony when she shifted to her Konata voice @ 9:45 in the episode for a completely unnecessary "timotei" moment. KAORU IS SUPPOSED TO BE A TOMBOY!

Aoi: Shiraishi's voicing was a real treat. She dipped into pretty much all of her voices (Hayate, Kaede, etc.) and it worked really well.

Animation: After watching all the deceptively low-budget trailers for this series, I was expecting Synergy's second-string animators to be doing this series. It was quite a shock to find out that this anime would be done by the Hayate team and given appropriate treatment. Needless to say, the animation is gorgeous and has exceeded my expectations.

Shiho: No complaints about Tomatsu's voicing. However, a seasoned soft-voice seiyuu like Saeko Chiba would've probably been a better choice.

Final thoughts: I hope the fanservice arrives soon like it does in the manga. I need my PPGZ and Kodomo no Jikan vibes to be fulfilled.

Last edited by Starks; 2008-04-06 at 20:14.
Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:18   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:19   Link #16
yozaku
Always Idle

I just curious

Its this anime like other TV Tokyo anime who has short length?

and what genre is it?
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 12:27   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@yozaku -- This is comedy based around a group of ten-year-olds with superpowers and bad attitudes, who work for a state security organization and deal with extraordinary threats to public order. The show takes over in Hayate's timeslot, so I imagine we're looking at 24 eps or so, but there's no official word. There is plenty of manga material to take it that far (12 volumes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
...God, why did they have to use Hirano.... KAORU IS SUPPOSED TO BE A TOMBOY!
If you read my previous spoiler, you'll see that the actual mangaka says that although Kaoru is a tomboy, he thought she should be played with a somewhat feminine voice, rather than strictly tomboy. And he said that Hirano was his own first choice for the role (even though he didn't make the decision). But that being said, even I am having trouble getting used to the high-tension Haruhi-as-Konata voice Aya's using in the role.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-04-07, 12:39   Link #18
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
BTW, I respectfully disagree with your characterization of Kaoru as tsundere.

If the anime decides to take a few liberties and follow the newer trends of the "tsundere" archetype, there will be no "dere" side, which nowadays is left up to imagination of the viewer.
Old 2008-04-07, 14:46   Link #19
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
BTW, I respectfully disagree with your characterization of Kaoru as tsundere. If the anime decides to take a few liberties and follow the newer trends of the "tsundere" archetype, there will be no "dere" side, which nowadays is left up to imagination of the viewer.
Fair enough. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I did see signs of softness there, but the speed with which she repulses attempts to get close (in the anime and in the bit of manga I've looked at) is pretty impressive, lol.
Old 2008-04-08, 05:09   Link #20
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

In the manga, Kaoru does show some signs of dere, though usually not to Kouichis face.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babel, comedy, esper, loli, shounen