AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-10, 20:06   Link #281
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
...Why does International get so many threads on "staff work"? What do you mean by staff work? What other kinds of threads would be in this proposed subforum?
Statistics, biographies, and graphic designers are the three I would think of.
Old 2008-06-10, 21:14   Link #282
ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Can you explain how that is supposed to work?
On 6/22, the characters from the series whose name starts with "あ(a)", "い(i)", "う(u)", "え(e)" and "お(o)" can be nominated. For example,

<<アリス・キャロル@ARIA The Origination>>(Alice Carrol@ARIA The Origination)
<<ホロ@狼と香辛料>>(Horo@Spice and Wolf(Ookami to Koushinryou))

On 6/23, the series whose name starts with "か(ka)", "き(ki)", "く(ku)", "け(ke)" and "こ(ko)", and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Also, do you know if this one qualifies? I don't know the stance towards doujin animu there is...
Doujin anime is not eligible, and so is 星の記憶, IIRC.
Old 2008-06-11, 03:44   Link #283
wontaek

There is a possibility that Korean Best Moe tournament schedule may be affected by Korean government announcement that they seek to enforce limits and bans to internet use. Although this announcement has been made more than a month ago, the chance of this being enforced became great as Korean government actively seeks to stomp out any dissident voices. Please note that this is one of many issues millions of Koreans are currently protesting in mass street gatherings.
Old 2008-06-11, 07:57   Link #284
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
There is a possibility that Korean Best Moe tournament schedule may be affected by Korean government announcement that they seek to enforce limits and bans to internet use. Although this announcement has been made more than a month ago, the chance of this being enforced became great as Korean government actively seeks to stomp out any dissident voices. Please note that this is one of many issues millions of Koreans are currently protesting in mass street gatherings.
Huh... that will be a problem. Although I can see why the government would do so, that's probably something that won't fly with most of our Korean voters. Although I have noticed that the time changed to 2330 rather than 2300.

Outside limitations is the reason why I have ISML currently on a three-per-week schedule rather than every day.
Old 2008-06-11, 09:44   Link #285
slimeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
ah, sorry to say, but there can't be such thing happening really,
well, just think, if Kor, govt, really does such thing, it will cause serious uproar
and they'll be forced to cancel it anyway.

also, i think u heard wrongly, cuz what they really said they'll gonna try to find a
way to control the portal sites such as daum or naver
(especially daum agora i believe)

in sum, best moet won't be affected in any way by 2mb's policies so no worries lol
Old 2008-06-11, 12:24   Link #286
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
On 6/22, the characters from the series whose name starts with "あ(a)", "い(i)", "う(u)", "え(e)" and "お(o)" can be nominated. For example,

<<アリス・キャロル@ARIA The Origination>>(Alice Carrol@ARIA The Origination)
<<ホロ@狼と香辛料>>(Horo@Spice and Wolf(Ookami to Koushinryou))

On 6/23, the series whose name starts with "か(ka)", "き(ki)", "く(ku)", "け(ke)" and "こ(ko)", and so on...
oh right, so its series name? i thought it was character name whose name begins with those.
btw, is there a a list of eligible series anywhere, suppose i can compile it myself but id ratehr not go through that

禁則事項です
Old 2008-06-11, 13:54   Link #287
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimeball View Post
ah, sorry to say, but there can't be such thing happening really,
well, just think, if Kor, govt, really does such thing, it will cause serious uproar
and they'll be forced to cancel it anyway.

also, i think u heard wrongly, cuz what they really said they'll gonna try to find a
way to control the portal sites such as daum or naver
(especially daum agora i believe)

in sum, best moet won't be affected in any way by 2mb's policies so no worries lol
The sites you mentioned controls large chunk of the news traffic in Korean Internet. It is also the popular discussion board for those who have questions about Korean government policy. Anizone members were mostly anti-2mb to start with, and the administrator has openly posted criticism of many of government policy. Korean government will likely kill the small fries like Anizone, which hosts Korean Best Moe, before they go for the big guys.
Old 2008-06-12, 20:42   Link #288
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Does anybody have the full list of eligible anime for J Saimoe?
Old 2008-06-12, 21:15   Link #289
ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
http://www9.atwiki.jp/animesaimoe2008/pages/13.html
Old 2008-06-12, 21:18   Link #290
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nice list. Too bad I can't read it very well.
Old 2008-06-12, 21:38   Link #291
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
when ppl say 'J Saimoe', do they just mean the main saimoe? or is there another one aside from that which is japan only?

禁則事項です
Old 2008-06-12, 21:59   Link #292
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
when ppl say 'J Saimoe', do they just mean the main saimoe? or is there another one aside from that which is japan only?
Yeah, it's just Saimoe. We just put the J because there are so many saimoe tournaments that it might get confusing.
Old 2008-06-12, 22:03   Link #293
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Is that the hirigana order?

Quote:
Right now, yes, it's Saimoe. Although there are huge tournaments that are on the rise so quick that there will be no "main" Saimoe.
Old 2008-06-12, 22:04   Link #294
BowenArrow
-.-

Send a message via MSN to BowenArrow
im gonna ask a noobie question
where did the name come from o.o
Old 2008-06-12, 22:09   Link #295
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Quote:
Is that the hirigana order?
yeah, all the 'a' are at the top, e.g. ah my goddess, and all the 'wa' are at the bottom, e.g. one piece (wan piisu)

Quote:
Right now, yes, it's Saimoe. Although there are huge tournaments that are on the rise so quick that there will be no "main" Saimoe.
really? i thought that even with all the other tournaments around, saimoe is still the biggest. so in that sense it is the 'main' one

禁則事項です
Old 2008-06-12, 22:14   Link #296
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Yeah, it's just Saimoe. We just put the J because there are so many saimoe tournaments that it might get confusing.
Actually, it's Korean Best Moe, but it's easier to just say K Saimoe, since it's just a ripoff of Saimoe, anyway .

ISML is much easier and better sounding that F Saimoe, so we go with ISML.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowenArrow View Post
im gonna ask a noobie question
where did the name come from o.o
Sai = Best/Ultimate/Kamina
Moe = Shana Moe.

@Minhtam: I think so.
I would translate it, but I suck at Japanese.
I'd probably just do it for the practice, though I can read maybe fourty Kanji, so if any of the other couple thousand show up, I lose.

Quote:
really? i thought that even with all the other tournaments around, saimoe is still the biggest. so in that sense it is the 'main' one
It also came four years before Korean Best.

Saimoe's vote totals are only a few hundred over K Best's, though, so it's not so much bigger.
Old 2008-06-12, 23:02   Link #297
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Saimoe's vote totals are only a few hundred over K Best's, though, so it's not so much bigger.
wow, i didnt know korean best is that huge... but then again it is the largest anime community outside of japan, so i guess its possible.
lol, the japanese must think "f*ckin gaijins"... joke... nah, the only time they must have truely thought that was when this happened in saimoe2007 finals when foreign votes actually made/broke the difference in the final result, considering foreign votes actually amount to a very small portion of the total votes.

禁則事項です
Old 2008-06-12, 23:34   Link #298
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
wow, i didnt know korean best is that huge... but then again it is the largest anime community outside of japan, so i guess its possible.
Yeah, Hina vs. Tamaki (Kousaka) pulled in quite a few votes, ending up with 1863-1308, which is a very high profile match in J Saimoe.
Quote:
this happened in saimoe2007 finals when foreign votes actually made/broke the difference in the final result, considering foreign votes actually amount to a very small portion of the total votes.
I've actually complained about it a lot myself, especially considering that Nagi now does a lot better than Rika in ISML, where it's mostly foreign voters.

And here's half of the list, from A-Zo (up to Zombie Loan) to the best of my abilities. I would have gone further, but a fourth through the list I began thinking to myself "This is bloody long."
If there's something you know and I don't, please share.
Spoiler for List a - zo:

I might do the rest later.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-06-13 at 00:18.
Old 2008-06-13, 02:25   Link #299
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Kaiji (lololololol)
There aren't any women in Kaiji are there?
Old 2008-06-13, 03:27   Link #300
Rayneing
Trombe!

There is one, but she's barely in it. I don't think she even got a name. But that's not the point at hand, the point at hand is Kaiji himself is pretty damn moe.
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe