AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-03-31, 16:06   Link #17081
X207
Gamyūsa

i have a question to you all. ive decided a few weeks ago to stop buying any gundam models. i have a decent collection atm
144s
0 raiser HG
00 gundam
throne drei
blitz gundam (no grade)
calamity gundam
gaddess

100 scale
lunamaria zaku
gold frame amatsu

to be completed
anew colours garrazzo 50% done
sd lunamaria zaku
blitz gundam aka nebula blitz gundam

on order in shipping progress
sd blitz gundam
akatsuki shiranui

i just finished painting some red areas on the amatsu to make certain details more visible. i just remembered how the wing binders of the amatsu armor look similar to deathscythe hell custom. i would like to know if there is much difference in major details between the 144 and the 100 scale of the hell custom (ova version).

Last edited by X207; 2010-03-31 at 16:18.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 16:47   Link #17082
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Why such decision? :P I think I shall never give up this hobby. there'll always be models I just cannot resist to buy. And my collection is much much bigger than yours... Still have space to put them all, though :]
Old 2010-03-31, 20:39   Link #17083
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Why such decision? :P I think I shall never give up this hobby. there'll always be models I just cannot resist to buy. And my collection is much much bigger than yours... Still have space to put them all, though :]
most likely enough space. i bought a table to work on so once they're all done i can store the paints and such away. at times i really hate how they produce the models so small details still need painting. i know they're cutting costs but its slightly annoying that i need to paint the details.
Old 2010-03-31, 22:11   Link #17084
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

well, i'm not giving up but i am on a break. i have about 13 models unfinished and a boatload on a wish list..

guess i'm just lazy xD
Old 2010-03-31, 22:27   Link #17085
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmReaperNL View Post
well, i'm not giving up but i am on a break. i have about 13 models unfinished and a boatload on a wish list..

guess i'm just lazy xD
i know what you mean, if i dont start early then the chances i'll work on the models decreases as the hours pass. i guess i'll probably take a break from buying atm to deal with the unfinished models atm. ever since i purchased my second model after the NG blitz ive always been behind 1 or 2 models. hopefully it'll be faster once i get past my garrazzo. its the first one i repainted 90% of the colors.
Old 2010-03-31, 23:51   Link #17086
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
Anyone happen to know about this Nu Gundoom kit http://www.mcmodel.cn/list3.asp?id=28
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 07:46   Link #17087
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i know what you mean, if i dont start early then the chances i'll work on the models decreases as the hours pass. i guess i'll probably take a break from buying atm to deal with the unfinished models atm. ever since i purchased my second model after the NG blitz ive always been behind 1 or 2 models. hopefully it'll be faster once i get past my garrazzo. its the first one i repainted 90% of the colors.
I know the feeling as well. With real life stuff and work, I'm lucky if i can get in 1 to 2 hours per week. I have to say lazy does cut in that too. But i said this before i won't force myself to work on any model cause then i will screw up and then it just makes it twice as much work.
Old 2010-04-01, 13:39   Link #17088
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I know the feeling as well. With real life stuff and work, I'm lucky if i can get in 1 to 2 hours per week. I have to say lazy does cut in that too. But i said this before i won't force myself to work on any model cause then i will screw up and then it just makes it twice as much work.
I build one HG per semester break.......when I start working after graduation,its probably going to be worst.

I think I have at least 20 HG unbuilt.But.......I was up fixing my HG Arios today about the broken arm problem I posted.I had to replace it with my 2nd spare[aka 3rd Arios],because I screwed up my first spare arm which came defective from the box...and it actually felt good.It took me 2 hours to build an arm and a torso[which is super slow],but strangely after not doing it for so long,I'm strangely enjoying the actual work,which usually I find annoying[usually I get joy from results,which is why I go through the work].

And now,I just went from 3 Arios to just one.Well,at least got spare for other parts.And least I finally have a complete HG Arios again.Mission Success,but not so much with the economics of scale.
Old 2010-04-01, 13:57   Link #17089
GrimmReaperNL
Oro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlans89 View Post
Anyone happen to know about this Nu Gundoom kit http://www.mcmodel.cn/list3.asp?id=28
you mean other then it looking really cool?
(why is it named gunDOOM?)
Old 2010-04-01, 17:09   Link #17090
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Because it carries GUNS OF DOOOM!!!
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 18:08   Link #17091
Hamachi

What are your thoughts about TT Hongli models kits?
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-01, 21:44   Link #17092
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
Quote:
Chinese's attempt to make their own model kit. The name? Ask them
The design looks cool, but the quality is something to doubt 'cuz the price of it is half of HGUC Nu Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
What are your thoughts about TT Hongli models kits?
My friend possess a TT Hongli Hi-Nu and he said the quality is not quite bad, but they are unstable, some are ~ 90% as good as Bandai, some are worse. Since it's a rip off, don't expect much about this.
atlans89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 01:01   Link #17093
Dynamite

Well, TT Hongli kits are just Bandai kits at a lower quality and price.

The molds are actually recasted from Bandai kits. As they have a good amount of quality control, the molds come out quiet well. But the plastic they use feels cheap. It isn't like the old brand-less knockoffs that use some soft plastic. But you can tell its a TT Hongli is a knockoff by touching it.
Also, the joints are never perfect.

If I was doing a kitbash or something along those lines, I wouldn't want to "waste" a Bandai kit on it, especially if I'm weathering the hell out of it. So I can resort to a TT Hongli.

But then again, the only place you can find TT Hongli kits (to my knowledge) is Walter Hobby. They're based in China so the shipping takes a crazy long time. Also, they charge way too much for shipping. I've shipped items from China before and they are not anywhere close to the Walter Hobby shipping costs.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 09:06   Link #17094
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
here gonna kick ppl's head out it for those who grab the kit 1st...

the boxarts

so damn for fast finger for me...... -_-
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 09:25   Link #17095
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
here gonna kick ppl's head out it for those who grab the kit 1st...

I believe I make a mention of that way back in Feburary :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Various sources on my side hinted at a one time special release of the HGUC Unicorns bundled with the previously magazine exclusive Unicorn Head stand to celebrate the debut of the OVA.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...31#post2909531

Now would anyone believe me if I say that a redesign for the HGUC Kshatriya is in the works ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 22:17   Link #17096
Dynamite

I'd actually take your word on it.
They did it with MG Unicorn. And for something that has huge gimmicks (therefore huge threshold to fail) there is an even greater need of a "reboot" if the first one wasn't great.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 01:57   Link #17097
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
hhmmm....shld i do seraphim 1st for seravee hw/b or arios hw/m to complete my collection? =\
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 14:40   Link #17098
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
hhmmm....shld i do seraphim 1st for seravee hw/b or arios hw/m to complete my collection? =\
Do you mean buy or make?I think Seravee would be okay even without Seraphim,so build it first if you want.

Just build the one you like first,Arios GNHW's GN Cannon is pretty cool though.Reminds me of a smaller Gadessa's GN Mega Launcher.

By the way,is the new MG Unicorn worth buying?For the record,I never had the Ver Ka.What is the general opinion on the new MG Unicorn.
Old 2010-04-04, 00:59   Link #17099
bio9205
Reborn

Anyone have HG 1/144 Kyrios? I've heard many bad things about it like loose parts and such - true or not, and are these fixable? Thanks.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 03:11   Link #17100
JC...
I am a Pie

hmm well I can't entirely remember about if they're fixable because it's not a demolished wreck with parts of an enact stuck to it... the shoulder joints are really loose, although it may just be mine, it can stand on one leg so far but I seem to remember it falling over alot with the nose for the jet mode on the back, it may just be mine though. transforming it's quite a pain but I guess If you just want to display it then moving it around and stuff doesn't really matter.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy