AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-13, 15:30   Link #101
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
The OP and ED don't really scream action to me, and this being Noitanima I wouldn't expect it.

I'm basing what I said on the the interview that was linked

Spoiler tag just in case but it's really vague

Spoiler for interview:
Old 2011-04-14, 03:57   Link #102
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'm basing what I said on the the interview that was linked

Spoiler tag just in case but it's really vague

Spoiler for interview:
As I said, there will be some action, but it won't be an action series where the focus is action. Your quote confirms it as the first episode won't have any action.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:28   Link #103
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I love the ED more *_*

As for the action stuff in this series, I think there'll definitely be action... but it's not exactly an action series as donquigleone has said.

I assume it just has more action compare to Eden of the East. I also think that it might turn out to be somewhat like Liar Game~

I see this as Eden of the East with a touch of Liar Game, Yugi-Oh and... hhmm... even Code Geass.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 08:56   Link #104
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I'd be very happy with this anime if there's even the slightest bit of mind battle in Liar Game. Protagonist these days depends on their hot-bloodedness too much rather than strategy.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 10:14   Link #105
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

There's some sort of game at the official site and it had quizzes, screencaps, and info on the terminologies at the series. I took a screencap of majority of them. xD

Spoiler for a sample:

It was fun, but would've been more enjoyable if .. they're in a language I understand ;_;

Few minutes to go and the first episode's gonna air, yaaaay~ (but I need to be early tomorrow, drats T_T)
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 14:48   Link #106
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Looks like FUNi has C:

http://beta.funimation.com/c-control
Old 2011-04-14, 16:46   Link #107
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Wohoo, now to try and wait a week for the first episode (and fingers crossed that someone gets Anohana but, at this point, that looks fairly unlikely).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:56   Link #108
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

1The first episode:
-Eh. QB human form appeared.
-Did keiyaku, and suddenly fantasy battle.
-Was it even really about money?...
Old 2011-04-14, 18:06   Link #109
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
-Was it even really about money?...
it was at first, but then feelings started becoming real ...

Might need to rewatch this when not half asleep, because I'm sure the financial district isn't this crazy
Old 2011-04-14, 19:01   Link #110
msg

It's all bout the maney, it's all bout...dum dum dee dee dum ^ ^
Cool anime...will be watching this...
Old 2011-04-14, 19:32   Link #111
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Wait,did someone just fansub the episode,release it in a low quality format and pretend that it's a rip from funimation when a few details show that it's clearly not?

Nice trolling.

And right I guess I expressed myself badly,even the fact there's a bit of action is a surprise to me.

Quote:
Might need to rewatch this when not half asleep, because I'm sure the financial district isn't this crazy
The pacing felt all over the place to me but at the same time it could just be done on purpose to kind of make you feel overwhelmed like our MC is feeling.
Old 2011-04-14, 19:59   Link #112
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm feeling hopeful that this will be the first of this guy's animes that I can understand well enough to enjoy. This had actual human characters and some real story, so I am still there.

Generally, I don't watch anime for the eye candy, but this eye candy was wonderful, I thought.

Good to hear Makino Yui (Hanabi) again. And Sakurai Takahiro (Masakaki) does it for me. Since Shiki, I'm realizing that Uchiyama Kouki (Yoga) is pretty good, too.

What I mean to say is: good first episode. More, please.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 20:03   Link #113
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Well I was already interested in this anime, but I didn't even realize that Kenji Nakamura was the director of Monoke .

Now I'm even more interested. Can't wait to check it out...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 20:28   Link #114
kyouray
2D > 3D

[C] was my most expected series for this spring since it's directed by Kenji Nakamura and the 1st episode didn't disappoint. I'm sold.
Purple Cow Studios (Yozakura Quartet OAD) is involved so that'd explain why ryo-chimo is credited. He did key animation alone for the opening and I hope he will animate more things for this series.

Last edited by kyouray; 2011-04-14 at 20:56.
kyouray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 21:23   Link #115
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

The OP is forgettable, but the visuals are decent (despite feeling kind of busy). The ED is GODLY, however -- music, vocals, AND animation-wise. Just wonderful.

As for the episode itself, very interesting start. But when it got to the Financial District... I dunno, it kinda bored me for some reason. Then it was lame for a while, but I hung in there until it got halfway through the second half. It's an interesting concept. I like how they're combining the perception of money with fantasy. It's kinda neat. I'll stick with it for a couple more episodes.
Old 2011-04-14, 22:23   Link #116
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Spoiler for 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray
Purple Cow Studios (Yozakura Quartet OAD) is involved so that'd explain why ryo-chimo is credited. He did key animation alone for the opening and I hope he will animate more things for this series.
Interesting! I wonder if there's any chance for ryochimo to pop up again later in actual episodes. The genga on the OP was really really good -- not just the actual animation, the drawings themselves make the character design look loads better than in most shots from the actual episode. It (actual episode) was quite irregular in that regard.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-04-14 at 22:39.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:05   Link #117
karuroso

"Sorry my boyfriend is here" oooouuch >_> the guy here really has it tough uh? Can't help but cheer for him but this whole contract about future just screams bad end D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 23:16   Link #118
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

That was a very interesting first episode. The art is quite eye-catching and so far the plot seems intriguing. Also, the ED is just wow. Colorful, and really cool to look at. The song is really good too! So far I'm liking what I see. Will be keeping my eye on this one.
Old 2011-04-14, 23:27   Link #119
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
"Sorry my boyfriend is here" oooouuch >_> the guy here really has it tough uh? Can't help but cheer for him but this whole contract about future just screams bad end D=
Yeah but she doesn't tell the other guys she has a boyfriend (They'd stop trying to hit on her if she did.) and she's still hanging with him. So the relationship with the boyfriend may not be what it seems. It could be subsistence dating.

The prologue fight, now that was a weird way to make money.

Spoiler for just in case...:
Old 2011-04-14, 23:35   Link #120
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina