AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-06, 17:12   Link #241
GrtAndPwrflTrtl

?

if you want to run while leaning forward that much the arms counterbalance you. Why lean forward? is stealthier beacause you're leaning down and present a smaller target mebbe? or maybe not.
GrtAndPwrflTrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 04:11   Link #242
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
First think of "fluid dynamics". That's how they run because it's the most fluid way to run.
But ONLY putting your arms back isn't even "A KEY PRINCIPAL". If It weren't such a distraction seeing the arms catching air it would be easier to see something important. "That" being when running and leaning your back forward, you are closing in on a 45-90 degree angle to your legs like this little diagram my runner here:

~o
^

Next if you or I are adept in expressing the natural ratio of "incline-ation" required to understand how this works, one of us can can let the part of your body that is ahead of our legs sort of fall "head forward" into the run (weightlessly). That means you can run your legs all you want without having to run your upper body or even pay attention to the weight of your falling upper body for that matter because the upper body is constantly always "falling" ahead of the acceleration point.

The point to remember is that which falls ahead of the accelerating point no longer needs to have it's mass be supported or carried in the run because at the acceleration point; that which falls ahead pulls the run instead of the runner pulling it. Then and only then do you know to stick your arms back, and that's only first and foremost because you don't want to actually trip forward. You have them as a counter balance.

The way they do it in anime is a little but different but it's the same principle:
head-forward running (running on horizontal axis-tilts to increase gyroscopic symmetry)
~o
^

vs.

head-up running (no tilting into a direction)
O
lL
^

With the western traditional head-up running your legs have to work about twice as hard to deliver the weight of your "straight" upper half into your each step. Head-forward running has to offer the ones who are conditioned to understand it's benefits: the ability cut the weight load of the body on the legs in half. And those with the strength to actualize it beneficially can "FOCUS" that "INERTIA" of their upper body to work to "PULL" or even "STEER" exactly into the direction they are head-ing.

In soviet Russia, mechanics learns you!

Unfortunately, our legs are still supporting that weight :P If anything, you are just increasing the normal force in the x (parallel to the ground) component, which would help I suppose, but I don't think wasting muscle energy is worth that, considering that is not conserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green˛
*bows to green* Love that pic *continues being a retard*
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 14:21   Link #243
Silqthashakka
Riff

Stupid running

I'm a college runner and I noticed that alot of animes have their characters running that way. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Sure its cool but you can't get any power running like that. The only one running normally in the new arc is Chouji and he's supposed to be the obese one. WTF?! You are so much faster when your arms are pumping because this causes your legs to move much faster. But I guess its ok cause it looks cool....whatever..... dumb retards. I could probably beat them all in running.
Silqthashakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 14:51   Link #244
Kinjo

As far as I know ninjas used to run like that if they had a sword in one of the hands so if they would come to a sudden stop it's very easy to swing the sword in a either straight or diagonal upward motion, espicially while running in narrow suroundings where you have limited vision. However in naruto they seem to do it for no reason at all but there is a story to it and the style of running is a true "ninja thing" so I can live with it
Kinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 16:23   Link #245
Zimok

people in real life dont use jutsu!!!! i guess people in naruto shouldnt be able to either
Zimok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 17:58   Link #246
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Unfortunately, our legs are still supporting that weight :P If anything, you are just increasing the normal force in the x (parallel to the ground) component, which would help I suppose, but I don't think wasting muscle energy is worth that, considering that is not conserved.
Forgetting that last part which tries to assume something concrete and just consider that if what you say is that increasing the normal force in the x (parallel to the ground) component, in the direction you are going then it has the kinetic (&) potential to pull the rest of the body that passes behind the y axis into the direction of accelleration.

And in real life people's muscles burn something called ATP that at a body’s MAXIMUM exertion will last only 15 seconds worth before your muscles start taking damage and they start feeling like dead weight. However running at around or slightly upwards of 50% and using chakra to (bear with me) envelope gravity as they so do you can save your ATP and go the same speed or greater by running Naruto Shinobi style. I noticed Idate running at full exertion for around 15 seconds which he saved for the very last fifteen seconds, which only worked out not because he was only running at an ever increasing speed but instead because he was about to collapse after 15 seconds. Afterall he ran aerodynamic in order to catch up to him and as the end drew near then burned up everything he had left at the very end.

ATP stores take 30 minutes or more to recover once they are exhausted then your body starts producing harmful lactic acid as the muscles eat away. I guess shinobi's know what's up some of them being genius and all. ReaLlife running contests are nothing graceful about them, instead it is like a contest to see who can exploit their bodies at their tissues expense.

Don't balk at the play fluid dynamics has to do with everything. When skydivers need to maximize their acceleration towards the ground thousands of feet below they are so going to focus face forward with their arm blown back behind their sides just like shinobis do so nya!

Last edited by kiai; 2004-11-11 at 18:18.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 16:58   Link #247
blahblahmaster

Actually Chouji runs like a retard right after it shows him running normally in the opening.
blahblahmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 18:42   Link #248
Etheralking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimok
people in real life dont use jutsu!!!! i guess people in naruto shouldnt be able to either
ehem... people in real life aren't drawn. point made
Etheralking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 09:47   Link #249
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheralking
ehem... people in real life aren't drawn. point made
So people in the anime are aliens or something or do they reflect us "humans"?

I suppose having them run like that is retarded, but then again if someone can accept people in Naruto cloning themselves then running like a retard can be accepted too
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 10:13   Link #250
Etheralking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
So people in the anime are aliens or something or do they reflect us "humans"?

I suppose having them run like that is retarded, but then again if someone can accept people in Naruto cloning themselves then running like a retard can be accepted too
Correct and correct. The naruto world is a fictive world in which physics like we know them do not exist. It also has talking dogs and frogs in it.
Etheralking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 22:29   Link #251
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etheralking
Correct and correct. The naruto world is a fictive world in which physics like we know them do not exist. It also has talking dogs and frogs in it.
My dog talks to me after a few pints
Old 2004-11-23, 23:08   Link #252
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Cant you just let this topic die? People have given countless answers and most of you decided to ignore all of them and leave your pathetic "OMG THEY'RE RETARDS" spam. *stuff* like this doesnt belong of the front page and should never be discussed more then first page, with 252 and 10+ pages you just made an ogre from absolutely nothing but trash.
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:14   Link #253
coash

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
ATP stores take 30 minutes or more to recover once they are exhausted then your body starts producing harmful lactic
HAHAHAHAH YOU STEPPED INTO MY TRAP. YOU WANT TO DISCUSS ADENOSINE TRI PHOSPHATE I CAN DO THAT.

lactic acid isn't harmful. it's an anaerobic process that reoxidises NADH to NAD+ to make more acetyl-CoA (using CoASH as enzyme ala my nick) for TCA. there are no 'ATP stores'
coash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 09:03   Link #254
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coash
HAHAHAHAH YOU STEPPED INTO MY TRAP. YOU WANT TO DISCUSS ADENOSINE TRI PHOSPHATE I CAN DO THAT.

lactic acid isn't harmful. it's an anaerobic process that reoxidises NADH to NAD+ to make more acetyl-CoA (using CoASH as enzyme ala my nick) for TCA. there are no 'ATP stores'

hehe reminds me of A-level Biology I got an A for it.

Yes you are correct, a redox reaction occurs which you have highlighted.

As for ATP stores...A muscle has only enough ATP stored to perform high-intensity muscle contractions for about 10-15 seconds. For the energy system to continue, more ATP must be produced. Creatine phosphate gives its phosphate molecule up, to ADP to create more ATP. The ability to regenerate ATP (from ADP), depends on the supply of creatine phosphate in the muscles....I think...its been 5 years now since my A-levels heh

here's a start for people who have no clue whats being talked about:
http://www.sagewoodwellness.com/Doc0002.htm
Old 2004-11-24, 10:34   Link #255
PsiNide

You know a thread has gone, when people start talking about Lactic Acid, ATCs and NAD+.
PsiNide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 11:12   Link #256
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiNide
You know a thread has gone, when people start talking about Lactic Acid, ATCs and NAD+.
lol it's gone way beyond anime here...lol It's starting to hurt my head
Old 2004-11-24, 11:13   Link #257
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiNide
lol it's gone way beyond anime here...lol It's starting to hurt my head

The topic should end here I hope
Old 2004-11-24, 11:22   Link #258
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

Before either of you go mental over this....know this : I AM THE SUPREME RULER OF THE UNIVERSE !!!! i decide who runs like this , and it was me who gave the ANime team the inspiration to make the characters run like that ! , so now you see , it aint retarded its just....well......MISUNDERSTOOD !
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 11:52   Link #259
naantje
Annoyance :)

even kiai doesnt reply here anymore, please let the thread die in peace..
Old 2004-11-24, 14:18   Link #260
Cotaa

That's just the way ninjas run. They're just capable or running fast while keeping their arms behind the back. They'll all really start looking like 'retards' if they're swinging their arms while running especially in combat mode. Not that swinging the arms while running is retarded, we all do in real life, but it's just not in the world of ninjas. You cant compare ninjas in naruto to those professional runners in real life.. Those guys wont stand a chance against folks in Naruto. Ninjas in Naruto aren't even regular ninjas, more like super or fantasy ninjas?

Here are 3 of some reasons:
1. it looks 'cooler'
2. to be ready to fight, if you swing your arms like 'retards', you wont be able to react was fast as you can when you need to make a move or evade an enemy's attack.
3. stealth in a way...

If it's a running contest on the ground, then you might see ninjas swinging their arms. But ninjas like to jumping around and hoping on the tree and the roof, so you wont see them swinging arms that much.

Last edited by Cotaa; 2004-11-24 at 17:34.
Cotaa is offline   Reply With Quote