Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 18:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 07:40   Link #986
Mercurius.H
King of Hg

Spoiler for ep18:

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 08:10   Link #987
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 18 thoughts below...

Spoiler for Episode 18 thoughts:
Old 2011-07-31, 08:23   Link #988
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Question: how is Kaede still ignorant of her father's job?

They discussed the Hundred Power with her rather openly. As a Barnaby fan, she's got to know it's the same power as Bunny's... and his partner. So the partner has the same power, beard, clothes, skintone, and jaw as her father. They both live in Sternbild. How many more clues would she need?
Old 2011-07-31, 08:35   Link #989
Crontica

It's official, i cant tell which direction this series is heading in anymore, for one it was surly Kotetsu's downward spiral then out of nowhere a 180 degree turn on Barnaby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Spoiler for episode 18:
The Bourne Identity.
Old 2011-07-31, 08:40   Link #990
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

They discussed the Hundred Power with her rather openly. As a Barnaby fan, she's got to know it's the same power as Bunny's... and his partner. So the partner has the same power, beard, clothes, skintone, and jaw as her father. They both live in Sternbild. How many more clues would she need?
Her fangirlism that blocks off the existence of Wild Tiger from her Bunny Utopia.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 08:46   Link #991
TrueKnight

There is an easy way to make Kaede understand. All Tiger has to do is asking Bunny a favor accompany him for a while to his home and meet her. Fangirlsm appeased, case solved.

Ep 18 made me wonder if Bunny could really time travel...but nah..
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 08:47   Link #992
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Kriem's story was sad and it makes sense about her actions, but she's still a villain. Wow just when Barnaby was over avenging his parents he gets hit with the truth. I guess they just have to investigate Ouroboros again.

Lol Kotetsu can't retire from his job. Kade's power is interesting. Still don't see how she can't tell her dad is Wild Tiger though. Also i wonder who the magnetism power belongs to. It would be interesting if it was his brother.
Old 2011-07-31, 09:08   Link #993
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

This is one of the inherent flaws that tends to go along with classic-style super hero stories.

You might as well ask "How can a news reporter, of all people, not recognize that her close co-worker and colleague is actually Superman?"

So, while I certainly see where you're coming from, it is the sort of flaw that you almost have to let slide in order to enjoy superhero-based shows.
Old 2011-07-31, 10:17   Link #994
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I think Kotetsu ought to ask Kaede to live with him in Sternbild- until he wraps up his work anyway.

Put it this way:

Kotetsu: "Kaede dear, I really really am quitting my job and coming back, but my partner is having all sorts of problems and I don't want to abandon him. I need some time to get him in a good condition and then I'll quit and come home."

Kaede: "Liar. You think I'll accept that?"

Kotetsu: "No really, I mean it. Why don't you come here and stay with me until I finish helping my friend? That way you can see that I'm all packed up and really coming home when I'm done."

Kaede: "Really? I don't know... I got school, and you'll probably won't ever finish."

Kotetsu: "No, no. I really mean it."

Kotetsu: "I can probably arrange for you to meet Barnaby-"

Kaede: "Yes! I'll come!"

Then we have "Hero take your daughter to work day" and we can have all sorts of shenanigans with Barnaby and Kaede, Dragon Kid and Kaede... and of course Katrina and Kaede.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 10:33   Link #995
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I think Kotetsu ought to ask Kaede to live with him in Sternbild- until he wraps up his work anyway.

Then we have "Hero take your daughter to work day" and we can have all sorts of shenanigans with Barnaby and Kaede, Dragon Kid and Kaede... and of course Katrina and Kaede.
I really approve of this!!! It will really be interesting!!

BTW, what are the chances that they give an extra season or two to Tiger and Bunny? This series really needs 13 or 25 more episodes!!
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 11:13   Link #996
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post

Put it this way:

Kotetsu: "Kaede dear, I really really am quitting my job and coming back, but my partner is having all sorts of problems and I don't want to abandon him. I need some time to get him in a good condition and then I'll quit and come home."

Kaede: "Liar. You think I'll accept that?"

Kotetsu: "No really, I mean it. Why don't you come here and stay with me until I finish helping my friend? That way you can see that I'm all packed up and really coming home when I'm done."

Kaede: "Really? I don't know... I got school, and you'll probably won't ever finish."

Kotetsu: "No, no. I really mean it."

Kotetsu: "I can probably arrange for you to meet Barnaby-"

Kaede: "Yes! I'll come!"

Yeah. I thought of that too (especially since Kaede's a next, so a closer look at the Hero life would be good for her). OTOH, I could understand Kotetsu not wanting to expose her to that kind of danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is one of the inherent flaws that tends to go along with classic-style super hero stories.

You might as well ask "How can a news reporter, of all people, not recognize that her close co-worker and colleague is actually Superman?"

So, while I certainly see where you're coming from, it is the sort of flaw that you almost have to let slide in order to enjoy superhero-based shows.
Her close co-worker... whom she knows is a survivor from Krypton and has the same super-powers as Superman.
Old 2011-07-31, 12:53   Link #997
deadite

They did say that the distance between Kaede and Kotetsu would change. Also the OP depicts Kaede in a Sternbild Train looking at Kotetsu's cell.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 13:10   Link #998
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
They did say that the distance between Kaede and Kotetsu would change. Also the OP depicts Kaede in a Sternbild Train looking at Kotetsu's cell.
that will be the day Kaede find out about his identity, but now it is best and safest for her to stay at home until she learn to control her powers
Old 2011-07-31, 13:39   Link #999
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A Rock and a Hard Place:

If I'm to nitpick, the bit where Kotestu getting interrupted every time he's trying to tell Bunny he's quitting was pretty clichéd. I'm not sure he had the balls to do it anyway, though - this ep wasn't exactly his finest hour as a character.

Other than that, though, it was another solid effort. Loved Blue Rose and her tsundere reaction, and how everyone sold her out. Loved Kriem's backstory and Barnaby's existential crisis. But Kotetsu has a real problem on his hands now - how can he deal with two competing crises at once? For me, his duty is to be at his daughter's side considering everything she's dealing with.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 13:41   Link #1000
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Hmm... Tiger's brother is Magneto?

What Bunny need right now is Professer X
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere