AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-25, 07:17   Link #9441
Eratas123

@demino_hellsin - Meister said it came from the bible! You can't excuse that from being high tech, unless you're telling me that the bible is a machine now.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:18   Link #9442
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Hawke - I thought it was orange and red? What would her dad think of her piloting something without his signature colors?
- Ange: "The red paint just VAPORIZED! Why the hell is the IS Core incompatible with Repulsor tech--OW! That's HOT!!!"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 07:18   Link #9443
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's quite easy to excuse something. Especially if they play with a completely different set of rules than you do.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 07:19   Link #9444
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Tracheotomy = A surgery where you must slice through the trachea to open an airway, usually to insert a pipe into it so the patient can breathe without using mouth or nose. In Islamic culture, this is how we 'slaughter' (for lack of better word) our animal, leaving most of the neck intact but not the airway and carotid artery.

So, Tracheotomy, when used as euphemism for killing technique, meaning slicing the neck of your enemies to kill them quickly, by cutting both the air and blood supply.

As for Hi-tech debate, Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:21   Link #9445
demino_hellsin
That one guy

and then the memories of illegal beheading videos suddenly come to mind
Old 2011-11-25, 07:22   Link #9446
Eratas123

@ Hawke - Starke's a mad scientist, isn't she? That's oddly endearing considering most of the OC's dark or self destructive personality's

@ demino_hellsin - Then please explain to me how an IS appearing from the bible can be justified with science. Go on, I'm curious.

Side note - Remmeber, we're all writers here, so don't get offended when we argue about things. I actually find it fun and interesting to listen to others POV.

@ Zero - So when someone's choking you, will it help you?
Old 2011-11-25, 07:24   Link #9447
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - So when someone's choking you, will it help you?
What?
Old 2011-11-25, 07:24   Link #9448
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I said he played by a different set of rules, never said I knew those rules =))

probably why I find it excusable.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:28   Link #9449
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meister - Vatican will be a setting for some missions in Shadow. That's when they'll meet Arch-bishop hax Treme's Vatican OC will be one of the main viewpoint characters along with the three protags. Hilariously, she'll try to convince Irish (The only protag with no religion) to take christianity as his belief. Works just about as well as you'd expect
Hell, Friendship barely even worked, what makes anyone think God can succeed?

Quote:
Side note - Where the hell did her IS come from? And please don't say "magic" or "faith", I find that improbable.
Of course, who the hell do you think I am?!

First Shift occurs when the IS assesses its pilot and completes Fitting to her. This process takes in to account many factors, but there are still so much more we don't understand about how the complete process works and what factors. The current theory is that Bernadette is the most pious of pious persons on the planet who memorized the Bible both forwards backwards and sideways, and that was imbibed by the IS. The unit being a Rafale, thus sharing a name with an archangel, interacted with her unique brain structure further. Silver Gospel, being a Jewish machine, may not have had this profound an effect. Another theory is that one of those OOAs is actually an ISper OOA, which would make Bernadette an ISper, but to date no evidence of her being a chou-nouryoukusha exists.

As you can see, I deliberately left it vague, while leaving enough for readers to chew on. This is where the statement [It Came From The Bible] derives its origin from. Louise's explanation in the [God's Right Hand] arc would be the best for this:

"In other words, like Karon and Vandam I, a perfect storm of factors both unknown and unknown. History is full of such people, where factors of time, place, human, environment come together and create an event carved into time itself. While Bernadette's existence is closer to that of Jesus, and Karon's similar to someone like Stanford Raffles, the fact is both people left a mark in history, and so could these two."

Context however is that she was talking about Assassins, Knight Templars, and PT, using the 2 pilots as analogies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post

Ange in Firemoth. End Of Discussion.
Browning: *flying the New Testament* I am your mother.

Ange: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-- I mean, aw, come on!
Old 2011-11-25, 07:29   Link #9450
Eratas123

@ Zero - I saw in Saw a person get trapped in a glass box filled with water give himself an Traechtomy to get more air to survive longer. I'm wondering if this means that it'll help in a situation like choking.

@ demino_hellsin - Maybe it's just rule of funny? If that's the case, I won't question it.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:32   Link #9451
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Replied to you Eras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Ange: "The red paint just VAPORIZED! Why the hell is the IS Core incompatible with Repulsor tech--OW! That's HOT!!!"
Higsby: T-that was kinda cute.

Max: I don't know this man!
Old 2011-11-25, 07:32   Link #9452
demino_hellsin
That one guy

how many pieces do you guys think an IS can be broken down to? As in the pieces are built individually to the size of BIT units. I can't seem to think of an agreeable number.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:33   Link #9453
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - I saw in Saw a person get trapped in a glass box filled with water give himself an Traechtomy to get more air to survive longer. I'm wondering if this means that it'll help in a situation like choking.
Oh, I see, yes, but of course it's damn hard to do it to yourself especially if there's no antiseptic... can be harmful in the long run.

I actually surprised that I watched an old movie about rogue bugs once, and when a kid get choked by the bugs poison (which causing asthma like effect), the resident doctor in the cast use a sterilized ballpoint pen as pipe. The procedure is correct, but I actually wonder if pen can be used at all...
Old 2011-11-25, 07:37   Link #9454
Eratas123

@ Meister - Ironically enough, he'll probably turn to Christianity by the end of the story. For now he doesn't believe in God due to his experiences.

So the Origins are deliberately vague then? I can accept that since most plots need their mystery. Most of the characters in Shadow wonder where the hell it came from though. Irish and Ichika in particular since they're familiar with the core regulation system.

@ Zero - The guy from Saw used a pen as well, it's possible but it leaves the risk of damage. Can you use a knife for it? I'm planning to use it as a counterattack when Tatenashi tries to choke Irish to subdue him and she's too strong to overpower so he goes with the procedure to keep himself awake.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:40   Link #9455
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Demino For easy assembly, I have them in 2 shoulders, 2 arms, backpack, 2 legs, then odds and ends that each IS has or does not have. Sometimes a lot of it comes as a package, like for example, the Uchigane in my work is just 2 arms + rest of it.

~~~IS-Type Magazine~~~

About the New Testament:

[New Testament] is a angelic unit of an IS line which gave rise to the Gospel series. Designed for Mutually Assured Destruction and Wide Area Bombardment. The prototype MPIS interacted with Browning's acceptance of herself and the cross she has to bear during her story arc, and transforms into a new 3rd Gen Testament.

Rachel Browning and her IS, the New Testament.

It is armed with not one, but TWO Buster Cannons. This was why I didn't want to reveal her to you back then, Eras, but now Hawke forced my hand!

And yes, Rachel really hates the skirt, and does not understand why the IS created it. Though Higsby suggests that its because of her true self being less of a troll but more of an innocent girl, like how Karon is now, which earned him a BIG bashing.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:40   Link #9456
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - The guy from Saw used a pen as well, it's possible but it leaves the risk of damage. Can you use a knife for it? I'm planning to use it as a counterattack when Tatenashi tries to choke Irish to subdue him and she's too strong to overpower so he goes with the procedure to keep himself awake.
Well, No. Tatenashi's hand would be large enough to cover his neck and there's no way he can use it, stabbing her hand is more practical either way....
Old 2011-11-25, 07:42   Link #9457
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...but Ange is more moe!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 07:44   Link #9458
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hard to top something that looks like the daughter of Kira Yamato and Nanoha Takamachi
Old 2011-11-25, 07:45   Link #9459
Eratas123

@ Zero - She has IS shields, I doubt stabbing her would do any good. Besides, where do you you have to stab to perform it? Also, the choking is from the back, more like a choke hold than the traditional use both hands from the front since a choke hold puts the target to sleep.

@ Meister - WHOA! I WANNA SEE THAT! But why the hell are the wings so big?

@ Hawke - I sure hope she gets some modesty when she gets to IS academy. Maximillian would get killed by her dad if he saw her in the buff.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:49   Link #9460
HasuMasu
*Artist

Wing Zero EW huh? Just about the only thing I liked about Gundam Wing.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest