AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-10-04, 23:52   Link #21
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so who wants to comment on the Graze's face/eye/mouth cannon? its a beam weapon right?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 00:05   Link #22
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
so who wants to comment on the Graze's face/eye/mouth cannon? its a beam weapon right?
Judging by the explosion, even using Gundam logic instead of physics, the explosion is too small to be any type of beam cannon. It also doesn't turn into line but rather separate bullet, so i'd bet my money on some type of energy bullet or heated bomb rather than Beam
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 04:47   Link #23
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Isn't it some sort of enhanced sensor?

I think I see something similar from Code Geass Knightmare frame
Old 2015-10-05, 04:54   Link #24
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post

Yeah it reminds me of the same thing where that thing opens up do get a better scan of things.
Old 2015-10-05, 05:04   Link #25
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:

uh yeah, upon reviewing for the second time via clearer download, that was not a cannon weapon on that Graze's head, its a type of retractable secondary sensor unit similar to a Knightmare Frame's Fact Sphere down to its shape!!,
the shots that were fired at Orga?, was from the Graze's rifle, not its face!!, whooops!!!, now its confirmed that we have yet to see an units using Beam or energy based weaponry in this series, they all appear to use conventional solid ammunition & melee weapons, awesome!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-10-05, 07:30   Link #26
The 48th Ronin

What's the name of that unit, again? The one that looks like the love child of Aries and Knightmare Frame?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-05, 08:37   Link #27
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
What's the name of that unit, again? The one that looks like the love child of Aries and Knightmare Frame?
Pretty sure you're referring to the Graze.
Old 2015-10-05, 09:16   Link #28
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

so who else see that the Graze's "Factsphere" sensor seems to display emotion in reacting to its pilot, such as rage or anger?, well its shown in U.C. mostly in Zanscare Empire models due to their organic like eyes, G-Reco suits on the other hand makes them look cute for a killing machine, the Graze is on the verge of creepy territory due to looking like a bulging eyeball hidden underneath a conventional looking sensor, i mean look at its reaction when the Gundam Barbatos impaled its head, its nightmare fuel
Old 2015-10-05, 09:27   Link #29
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

You know someone from another forum mentioned that a lot of the MS seems to have the exposed waist thing. Even the Gundam Kimaris and Graze have it though the Gundam Gusion doesn't.

I wonder whether they'll explain why that is in some future manual.
Old 2015-10-05, 21:05   Link #30
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://g-tekketsu.com/ms/01.html

Official website just updated Barbatos with its Form 1 linearts.
Old 2015-10-05, 22:38   Link #31
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
so firing your gun at point blank is now considered melee attack?
It is when you're getting stuck in and mixed up in close range combat. For IFVs, this is a melee.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 00:29   Link #32
solidvanz
Special Operative

Spoiler for possible material that may appear later:

Last edited by Flower; 2015-10-11 at 16:29. Reason: please use spoiler tags or post in the spoiler thread for things like this....
solidvanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 01:28   Link #33
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

still speculating on whether that booster has actual Beam weapons
Old 2015-10-06, 04:03   Link #34
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

We don't even know whether beam weapons exists in the show though since we're taking about weapons that destroyed civilization, I would assume that beam weapons to be a minimum for a Gundam show.

Another design I seemed to have taken a liking in is Mcgillis' Schalwalbe Graze. I love high mobility MP variants. That it's a variant of the Graze prototype is even sweeter. Those thrusters are really neat too. If they are more tradeoff associated, so much the better.
Old 2015-10-06, 07:55   Link #35
Chibiloli

Yeah, how does the Graze's rifle work? I don't see any E-Pac's or Magazines on it, and since you guys say its a solid weapon, it makes me wonder where the ammo goes into the thing.
Old 2015-10-06, 09:54   Link #36
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

If I were to guess, it would be those two rectangle-like things located on either side of the handle. Don't know whether they are replacable but that would likely be the best guess.

The HG manual ones out next week so maybe we'll know soon.
Old 2015-10-06, 13:42   Link #37
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
If I were to guess, it would be those two rectangle-like things located on either side of the handle. Don't know whether they are replacable but that would likely be the best guess.

The HG manual ones out next week so maybe we'll know soon.
I speculated those shapes being the magazines too, they probably are. Considering every other weapon has a visible magazine.

Graze kit comes out on Thursday, so we'll know soon enough.

So after all this time, those red tanks were just Gjallarhorn mobile workers. For being puny tech, against each other, they appear to be good weapons.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2015-10-07 at 10:59.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-06, 23:35   Link #38
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

One thing I hope from this series is that they don't go too crazy with the tech. So far all the mechs seems relatively grounded, with the use of physical melee weapons and physical shells firing guns. Beam weapon will be inevitable in a Gundam series so that's fine. What I am concerned is the apparent mysteries behind the Disaster War and the Gundams' role in it, meaning Gundams might be much more powerful than just being high perfomance suits. Whatever the Gundams can really do, I hope the creative team don't go too overboard. Temporary performance enhancing such as Trans Am is fine, but please don't go too extreme with teleportation or Unicorn's new type magic.
Old 2015-10-07, 05:13   Link #39
dragon1412

Quote:
One thing I hope from this series is that they don't go too crazy with the tech. So far all the mechs seems relatively grounded, with the use of physical melee weapons and physical shells firing guns. Beam weapon will be inevitable in a Gundam series so that's fine. What I am concerned is the apparent mysteries behind the Disaster War and the Gundams' role in it, meaning Gundams might be much more powerful than just being high perfomance suits. Whatever the Gundams can really do, I hope the creative team don't go too overboard. Temporary performance enhancing such as Trans Am is fine, but please don't go too extreme with teleportation or Unicorn's new type magic.
But.. But ... but i like Unicorn newtype power

That aside, we finally get an tradditional warfare gundam for once. So i hope that they don't go overboard with it as well
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-07, 07:02   Link #40
Wandering Soul

Quote:
While I liked some of the over the top Gundam abilities like Unicorn newtype power, it would be for the best if this series doesn't go overboard.