AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2012-12-24, 12:19   Link #2841
Ilidsor
Angelerator

So I wrote that Christmas fic I talked about earlier

A Dual Christmas Tale: Two level fives, two confessions, two couples, two dates, and two tiny Santa costumes. It's Christmas time in Academy City and two unexpected new couples will be born and experience their first Christmas dates. Oneshot. Touma/Misaki Misaka/Thor.
Old 2012-12-24, 13:41   Link #2842
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post

A Dual Christmas Tale: Two level fives, two confessions, two couples, two dates, and two tiny Santa costumes. It's Christmas time in Academy City and two unexpected new couples will be born and experience their first Christmas dates. Oneshot. Touma/Misaki Misaka/Thor.
-spits out drink-

Holy Pairings of Crack Batman!

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 2012-12-24, 15:52   Link #2843
tsunade666

Misaki X Touma!!! Great pairing! the hell flere where's your story. Its been ages! WE WANT MORE MISAKI!
Old 2012-12-24, 19:02   Link #2844
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Misaki X Touma!!! Great pairing! the hell flere where's your story. Its been ages! WE WANT MORE MISAKI!
I had originally planned on Misaki running into #10032 on the Vol12 date for their first meeting, but the current development in Railgun manga blew it out of the water. The current railgun manga plot with Misaki is better than anything I could think up, so I'm putting my fic on hold for now.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 19:55   Link #2845
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I had originally planned on Misaki running into #10032 on the Vol12 date for their first meeting, but the current development in Railgun manga blew it out of the water. The current railgun manga plot with Misaki is better than anything I could think up, so I'm putting my fic on hold for now.
Nooooooo!
Personally, I like your fic better than the manga. Right now, Misaki's a b*tch in the manga, while in your fic...well, you give her more detail, more insight.
Old 2012-12-25, 03:11   Link #2846
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
-spits out drink-

Holy Pairings of Crack Batman!

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone.
Same here. Wish there was some more to that fic.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:28   Link #2847
Arkanian

Hello everyone! I've been starting work on a To Aru fic, largely as a way to get back into writing. After rearranging the plot a bit, Hattori Hanzou ended up being one of the fic's main characters, which is a problem because I don't really have a good feel for his character. The only useful thing that the wiki has to say about his personality is that he's "kind of a frivolous character," which is only helpful in that it tells me that I'm probably writing him wrong, though I've so far only written one scene with him in it. Would anyone be able to help me with this?
Arkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:10   Link #2848
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
Same here. Wish there was some more to that fic.
And now it got real .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanian View Post
Hello everyone! I've been starting work on a To Aru fic, largely as a way to get back into writing. After rearranging the plot a bit, Hattori Hanzou ended up being one of the fic's main characters, which is a problem because I don't really have a good feel for his character. The only useful thing that the wiki has to say about his personality is that he's "kind of a frivolous character," which is only helpful in that it tells me that I'm probably writing him wrong, though I've so far only written one scene with him in it. Would anyone be able to help me with this?
Just try and lets see how it goes .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:15   Link #2849
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Hanzou, from what little I know of him from his short appearance in vol 15 to his relatively important appearance in NT1, is that he comes off as the reliable partner best friend character to Hamazura. You can try to read SS2 if you want to know more.

The thing about writing characters that the author doesn't really touch on as often is that you can add in little bits of your own personal flavoring so long as it doesn't clash with what we already know. Don't be afraid to give them quirks that you build up from just the smallest of canon scenes.

To use one of my own examples with Kakine and Girl-in-dress
My entire oneshot was just based on their one interaction in vol 15

Quote:
The girl pulled out her cell phone and called a SCHOOL comrade.

“I lost my target. There’s only a baby, a mother, and a baby carriage around here. …Do you think it’s possible that man disguised himself as a baby, a mother, or a baby carriage?”

She was called an idiot and told to die in response, so she hung up and put her phone back in her pocket.
Admittedly, I've also used something from Nobuchi

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:23   Link #2850
Miraluka
Banned

I'm trying hard but I can barely make a picture of Kakine going "Uruse, shine, baka!" at the cellphone .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:36   Link #2851
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Sadly there isn't much about Hanzou. He make an apperence in Toaru Majutsu no Index Side Story 2, Where he falls in love with Yomikawa Aiho and also plays a part in New Testament 1.

You are going to have to read those novels to get a better feel for his character
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 20:51   Link #2852
Arkanian

I did recently finish reading NT volume 1, but I generally have trouble getting the feel for characters in general. That said, I'm glad there's a decent amount of leeway. I should probably read that side-story.

Here's the only scene with him that I've written. Keep in mind that I was basically writing whatever was going through my head at the time, so it's terrible. The time-frame probably doesn't work, Hamazura's probably OOC, I probably got events wrong, etc. Normally I'd do a lot of revision first (To clean up my writing style if nothing else), but advice from you guys would probably be more useful more quickly than any revisions I could do myself.

Of course, it helps that this scene outlines the plot somewhat. It's also worth noting that for whatever reason I decided to try imitating the writing style for the Baka-Tsuki Translations and I should probably stop talking and just put up the excerpt shouldn't I.

Edit: Oh, and there's spoilers for NT Volume 1 in there. Should probably mention that.

Spoiler for Excerpt:
Old 2013-01-11, 20:52   Link #2853
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm trying hard but I can barely make a picture of Kakine going "Uruse, shine, baka!" at the cellphone .
It could work!
Old 2013-01-11, 21:19   Link #2854
Arkanian

...Alright, so I reread the SS Volume (Or at least, the bits with Hanzou in them) and I think I've got a better feel for them. I'll need to rewrite his dialogue in the snippet I posted -- he probably shouldn't be talking so formally -- But I think I can start writing new scenes with him now. It was good to know that he's not particularly well-established in canon, though I'm afraid that might mean the character (And thus the fix) won't draw much interest. Since it would probably be poor form to just post snippets in this thread or something, I guess I'll just let you know when I think I have a chapter ready -- I intend to post it over on Spacebattles. I'm still interested in knowing what you think, though, and may ask for help in the future.

Thank you very much!
Old 2013-01-11, 21:46   Link #2855
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What do you mean, that always computes! Especially with the Fren/kakine-stein crack!
Old 2013-01-12, 20:00   Link #2856
Arkanian

For those of you who care, I posted the first chapter of it over at space battles:
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...-toaru.246628/
Old 2013-01-17, 10:44   Link #2857
tsunade666

I'm sad for the lack of fan fic for this series. I've always check in fanfiction.net but I always found none that interest me and even if there is. Its not being updated (still waiting for an update on Index and Madoka crossover)

Is there other sites or forum that has good fanfiction for index series?
Old 2013-01-17, 14:44   Link #2858
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll put it this way, FF.net is as big as it gets.
Old 2013-01-23, 09:16   Link #2859
Twi

I had a stray thought for a fanfic.

What if Saten was actually a magician sent to infiltrate AC, like Tsuchimikado but from a small cabal?
Old 2013-01-23, 09:21   Link #2860
jalvin_billster1091
Arcaneus Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I had a stray thought for a fanfic.

What if Saten was actually a magician sent to infiltrate AC, like Tsuchimikado but from a small cabal?
You'll have to rearrange the story line a little bit to reflect those magicians traits but other wise, if done well it would be a nice hit.

That reminds me i need to finish a few chapters for the story on "Touma Around the Bend" Badly....
The chapter is sitting there half done but still got a long way to go.

"A Certain Unknown Level 0" That is a story I'm loving at the moment, even though there is some plot holes it is pretty good =]
jalvin_billster1091 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction