AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 05:50   Link #121
Trudinh

Technology in this anime is pretty high, so im sure they will figure out how to cure him of his blindness. ^^
Old 2012-03-23, 05:52   Link #122
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudinh View Post
Technology in this anime is pretty high, so im sure they will figure out how to cure him of his blindness. ^^
Maybe ..but we dont know if he want to. Plus even if is sight come back...there is still the lose of Inori and I'm sure this is the thing that hurt him the most.
Old 2012-03-23, 05:54   Link #123
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

There are enough plot holes for an OAV or a second season.

There was no reason for Shu to go blind. Inori went blind, not him. It could be psychosomatic because of the psychologically charged episode he went through and he does seem to still be recovering emotionally at the end. He did experience the emotions of the whole world at the same time and then saw his girls dematerialize just when he was about to accept death.

It does suck that the people who betrayed him got happy endings but that was the whole point to his and Inori's sacrifice. He was going to save everyone on the planet, no matter who they were. He intended to avert mass extinction. In the end he wanted to be the savior and save the bad ones and the good ones.

As for Inori... she's different like Mana. According to Gai, Mana can't fully die until she kills off the human race. Inori came back from the green/blue crystal flower from the green crystal world or something to help Shu defeat Gai. Inori and Mana sort of became opposing forces.
Old 2012-03-23, 05:59   Link #124
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Ugh, I'd refused to comment on the recent episodes because they were so meh. However, this is the last episode. So I figured I'd come back and comment. Hope you all don't mind that I lurk every once in a while.

I was overall disappointed. I couldn't get any sleep waiting for this episode to come out. Now I wish I'd taken that "will be bad ending" to heart. It bored me a little. It was the same talk as before. However, the end... I almost cried. Not just because it was bad on so many levels but Shu and Inori...

There was almost no character development added to the important characters. Gai is still the same as ever, however, if the directors thought explaining his motives would add development, it was too late to do so. And I feel sorry for the VAs here. They've become likely attached to their characters only for some of them to fall into a hole like Gai did. Still, I must admit that Shu showed some development that's been growing for the last three to four episodes: he understood his role and the burdens of everyone around him. He could've been like before and given up but instead he stood, even though it was only a ghost of Inori. Impressive. Still, too late.

Um... why didn't Arisa get to die? She kinda deserved it. Less if they make a sequel and she retains a better personality. It's kinda sad that she got to survive and Hare did not. Yoshino, that was just wrong... And they shot her in the heart (unless I'm seeing the angle wrong).

I cried because Inori died. She had finally shown the character development I had hoped for. Then she went and died. Though, finally I understand the "take it" line from the first episode. I wonder if that was given for foreshadow or if the directors just went along as they pleased and that was the only piece they could come up with. Overall, it would've been better had both died together. Yes, it would be sad and bittersweet, but it would flow better. For one, how the hell did Shu get out alive? Especially if he's blind after the final clip of him in the tower? It leaves a lot of plot holes. What gets me is that even though Inori is dead, he doesn't mourn for her. For a girl he loved, he's awfully cold about it. I just can't take the ending seriously, albeit the moment she actually does sacrifice herself - THAT was hardcore and sad, especially if I was in Shu's place. Otherwise, the ending was both a disappointment and sad. However, as for the blindness, I think they pulled an FMA on us: give up something in order to attain something. In short, Inori gives him the blindness she has in exchange for taking all of his illness and king's power, then dies. I have a feeling that's why the whole screen turns white near the end. That's my take on it at least. I don't know if that helps anyone understand the piece.

I'm hoping for a sequel, at least to explain certain holes in the plot.

One thing I loved about this episode was Daryl helped into an elevator shaft to escape. Hopefully if they make a sequel, Daryl will meet Tsugumi.

Well, hopefully I'll see you all if a sequel is made.

(Though, inwardly, I think they should just remake this to have a good story and plot. It seems to spiritual for normal people to get. The whole basis of this plot was mostly about the soul: which is what Gai was trying to say when saying the crystals hold the memories of the world. 90% of those who watched GC didn't seem to get the similarity of spiritual symbolism the story had. That made it hard for certain people to get what was going on.)
Old 2012-03-23, 06:01   Link #125
hoarfrost

It's like they woke up one morning, realized that they had to end this thing, and scribbled something on the back of a jelly stained napkin.

I don't really even have much more to say about it at this point. But what I wouldn't give to have the production team's honest, no BS appraisal of the direction that this project went.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:01   Link #126
Sixth
Hu Tao

I hope the writer or any source will at least say something like, Shu still can use his void power or something like that. If not, it is mega bummer for Shu.

He lost his arm, lost his eyesight, lost his girlfriend, and losing his power is just too sad.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:12   Link #127
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
And that's all your fault Damn Gai Tsutsugami...

you must definitively die the first time and don't came back..

Sigh
Old 2012-03-23, 06:27   Link #128
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

There was enough development of Inori's character. She was one the better developed characters in the series. Her character was only alive for 1-3 years...correct?

She was grown in a tube and was extracted fully grown. She was designed as an organic weapon based on Mana. She had super power, her blood slowed down the virus. She was to serve as Mana's new vessel.

She was exactly what she was portrayed as being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I hope the writer or any source will at least say something like, Shu still can use his void power or something like that. If not, it is mega bummer for Shu.

He lost his arm, lost his eyesight, lost his girlfriend, and losing his power is just too sad.
He absorbed Gai's void. The void he used to save the Earth was taken by Inori so she could be the savior... I believe. He should still have his original one... the one Gai took.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:36   Link #129
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
It's like they woke up one morning, realized that they had to end this thing, and scribbled something on the back of a jelly stained napkin.

I don't really even have much more to say about it at this point. But what I wouldn't give to have the production team's honest, no BS appraisal of the direction that this project went.
Seconded.

It's not whether the ending was a positive or negative ending but it's just so terribly thrown together, just like last episode.

Like patching a leaking water balloon with a staple gun.
Old 2012-03-23, 06:47   Link #130
tsunade666

darn, what an ending. I was hoping a dead Shu or at least let Shu rest but the story writer is too much bully that he needs to bear his sins more or just plain bullying.

The ending leave me with different impression and expression but really the one who totally I can't forget was the scene when Mana starts dancing and beam spamming the world and turning the HUMANS into crystal.... but WTF THE DOG WAS UNHARMED!!!! I was WHAT! THE HELL! the human beside the dog was crystal but the dog was still barking. The hell is that. LOL WWW LOL WWW

Ah ah ah I just can't say any more on this series. It deserves more but it got butchered good in way that I won't forget it as a series that leaves too much to desire but still such a fine work but they really ruin it >.>
Old 2012-03-23, 07:10   Link #131
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
3. In particular, giving Shu blindness seems cruelly excessive to me. The guy went through virtual hell, and lost Inori. Do we really need to make things even worse for him? I haven't seen a major character get screwed so bad since I watched Madoka Magica.
Ugh, that one seriously rubbed me the wrong way. Just when I thought the writers had enough of abusing him, they go and pull that stunt. The final scene with him listening to her song and imagining her with him just made me feel bad.

Having said that I feel that the epilogue cold have been good had the staff cut out the OP. I'm honestly amazed they didn't do that since they could have done a lot with the extra 1min 30secs.
Old 2012-03-23, 07:17   Link #132
zero7090

dam the plot/twist is so mainstream and obvious
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
somehow i feel in the end they will pull a twist like gai, inori and mugi son/relative surprise sacrifice and become good guys in the end of the series.
Srsly the ONLY good scene in this ep is when daryl was saved by Rowan. All other are bland and anti climax.

Ichiro Okouchi, Hiroyuki Yoshino, i am disappointed. At least make a twist like Inori was the real personality of Mana and the sis-con Mana was actually the personality of the meteor (like Jenova) or something like that...
Old 2012-03-23, 07:25   Link #133
Evil_Sephiroth

Now that I remember..

GC is not a Novel series, then if they want to do a OAV or second series they must write all from the beginning...

Uff.....that's tragic ;_;

Let me watch high school DxD 12...at least ending is more enjoyable LOL
Old 2012-03-23, 07:31   Link #134
Arya

Well, as anyone here I am *a bit* disappointed. They rushed through the episode so fast that I couldn't feel the Inori sacrifice. This thing disappointed me the most. When Inori *waked up* the music started so well and I was waiting for the reprise, as in episode 11th, to reach the peak, instead the fight with Gai ended so abruptly ... the first half is more a beautiful AMV that even if it is well done it is difficult to connect to, to feel it.
All in all this episode suffers the lack of direction/writing and development the whole series does.

But I liked the very end, the "few years later" timeskip. And I have to say that I liked the Shu's blindness. I mean romantically speaking was a nice touch. The last thing Shu saw was Inori face, then he got blind. As he severed his connections to the outside. Something like Can't he never see Inori again? Ok, the all world is not worth to be seen then So she is engraved in his heart, in his mind and in his memory. Mixed with the earphone it was a strong combo. Thanks as always to the strength of the song that is awesome.

I don't know if they will made a second season. Surely I hope so. But this is a series that would deserve a remake, a really good remake. FMA got one, even that negima something. Sadly I know that they will not do one.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-03-23, 07:34   Link #135
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol!!! now I understand why Shu's eyes looks weird... so he is blind... hahaha

please let another OVA to save this anime... like he meets Inori again or something like that.... damn!!!
Old 2012-03-23, 08:11   Link #136
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Srsly the ONLY good scene in this ep is when daryl was saved by Rowan. All other are bland and anti climax.
He had plenty of time to get into the elevator with Daryl and he didn't have to act hostile towards the UN forces and get shot. Did he truly believe in what Gai was trying to do and just wanted suicide by grunt?

I don't think so. To me it just feels like lazy writers trying to get a knee-jerk reaction out of the audience for another avoidable death.

As for the ending itself... Well, it could have been worse. I -- like many here -- expected a Shu X Inori noble death together which was almost brought to fruition until Inori took the burdens off of Shu and sacrificed herself.

Somewhere in me I wanted to Shu to live on and be happy without Inori (Ayase I'm looking at you, you fox) but being robbed of his sight was just too damn harsh in my opinion.

Although I am reminded of the "Cripple Combo" image board of Shu and Ayase and despite knowing I'll go to hell for it, gave a laugh.

In the end I only hope we see an OVA detailing a few more of the kinks, especially what Daryl is doing now despite stalking Tsumugi.

Plus seeing how the rest of the Undertakers have gone on with their lives.

Overall I give GC an 8/10.

I loved Inori and fucking adored Hare and still get pissed off when I recall how Hare died. Loved the emotion but what a prick of a way to go...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-03-23, 08:59   Link #137
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This needs a Tsugumi x Daryl OVA. The ending feels a little....rushed.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-03-23, 09:18   Link #138
Evil_Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
He had plenty of time to get into the elevator with Daryl and he didn't have to act hostile towards the UN forces and get shot. Did he truly believe in what Gai was trying to do and just wanted suicide by grunt?

I don't think so. To me it just feels like lazy writers trying to get a knee-jerk reaction out of the audience for another avoidable death.

As for the ending itself... Well, it could have been worse. I -- like many here -- expected a Shu X Inori noble death together which was almost brought to fruition until Inori took the burdens off of Shu and sacrificed herself.

Somewhere in me I wanted to Shu to live on and be happy without Inori (Ayase I'm looking at you, you fox) but being robbed of his sight was just too damn harsh in my opinion.

Although I am reminded of the "Cripple Combo" image board of Shu and Ayase and despite knowing I'll go to hell for it, gave a laugh.

In the end I only hope we see an OVA detailing a few more of the kinks, especially what Daryl is doing now despite stalking Tsumugi.

Plus seeing how the rest of the Undertakers have gone on with their lives.

Overall I give GC an 8/10.

I loved Inori and fucking adored Hare and still get pissed off when I recall how Hare died. Loved the emotion but what a prick of a way to go...
Again a InoriXShu death is a lot better then this ending ;_;

I wanted a InoriXShu happy ending, but probably was too much....

but....thus...crap...
Old 2012-03-23, 09:25   Link #139
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

I thought it was sad enough, as Shu lost his girl forever. Then i read some posts in this thread and found out he was blind, that made me rewatch that last part to confirm it for myself. Seems the writers really wanted to give Shu the ' pitiful hero ' image, sacrificing so much one has, and yet not much was given back in return.

Sad it ended on such a note, but at least the ED was really emotional, and in my opinion properly timed.
Old 2012-03-23, 09:48   Link #140
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
This needs a Tsugumi x Daryl OVA. The ending feels a little....rushed.
no, just please no.

everyone else already said my thoughts. GC is the first trainwreck I agree with(almost no other series has pissed me off this much). the only episode that felt right to me was ep 14, proper character spotlight along with some good development and shoe actually felt like a "real" character there without being inconsistent.

ep gets 6/10, only cause shoe did survive and that inori died.
whole series gets 5/10. no need to explain.
Closed Thread