AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-22, 10:13   Link #201
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I understand if you (as an NNA fan) are frustrated by the lack of enthusiasm here
Here? Nope, not at all. Now lack of enthusiasm in Japan, that's hurtful. After all, those are the guys who decide what gets made and what does not.
Then again, you guys probably know this already first-hand!
Old 2010-08-22, 10:18   Link #202
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Here? Nope, not at all. Now lack of enthusiasm in Japan, that's hurtful. After all, those are the guys who decide what gets made and what does not.
Then again, you guys probably know this already first-hand!
We know too well, buddy T_T
Old 2010-08-22, 11:23   Link #203
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well now again we play the waiting game.
KJ finished his illustrations and now is going to finish NNA.

Now awaiting his new project.
Also btw NNA s1 was great, lots of SR omakes. S2 was not that much, but had good character and background developments most especially Jun and Arashi.
Old 2010-08-22, 11:30   Link #204
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
S2 was not that much
Again and again, because it was mostly filler. Best episodes were actually based on manga, I think you can actually tell which ones were without looking it up.
Old 2010-08-22, 12:18   Link #205
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Best episodes were actually based on manga,
Yep that was the fact.

S1 though had an awesome intro and ending. Brilliantly done and the presentation was excellent.
Old 2010-08-22, 12:34   Link #206
Sphire

Glad to see NNA has some fans!
Old 2010-08-22, 13:48   Link #207
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphire View Post
Glad to see NNA has some fans!
Once a fan, always a fan.
Old 2010-08-23, 03:44   Link #208
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Not really. Death Note I was a fan, but when they killed L. Well I dropped everything about DN.

SR though is different because it gave us great times and great laughs.
Old 2010-08-23, 09:43   Link #209
Solafighter
Hige

Mh, i just remember these youtube videos, seeing some Japanese people on the rooftop and burning the SR mangas after readin the ending of the SR manga. I think they were fans once, but not anymore.
Old 2010-08-23, 11:50   Link #210
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Those are too hardcore fans. There are too many of them now adays in Japan and other countries as well.
Old 2010-08-24, 05:25   Link #211
yakumo-chan

I would prefer school rumble over NNA....

who wouldnt??

anyone?
Old 2010-08-24, 09:30   Link #212
random_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Mh, i just remember these youtube videos, seeing some Japanese people on the rooftop and burning the SR mangas after readin the ending of the SR manga. I think they were fans once, but not anymore.
hehe yes, after an ending like that, i understand why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Those are too hardcore fans. There are too many of them now adays in Japan and other countries as well.
hmmm i believe that those are hardcore fans of another character, i mean, IF anyone would be interested in Tenma, do you think that there will be so many people around he world that is mad about that crappy ending?

I believe that KJ wanted us to take interest on Tenma, because according to him, she was the star of the series, but we know who is the REAL star...

He ended the series as it was supposed to be, at least for Tenma, because, being realistic, SR it was ALL about Tenma, it was created BECAUSE of Tenma and it ended for Tenma, if KJ makes another SR secuel, he can't eliminate Tenma from the next series, she is too involved in everyone's life!

I believe that IF we are going to see something about SR on the future, it will be in one-shots or maybe he will make an extra volume or an OMAKE in another series or magazine.
Old 2010-08-25, 02:02   Link #213
Sphire

Talk about JK and the future has got me thinking, if you could ask for clarification of past events or insight into certain aspects of SR that have already occurred, what would you ask for?

For instance, we saw how Harima came to like Tenma, but never saw how Tenma came to like Karasuma. I'd have liked to see that. Or for instance during the camping trip, we never see what happened between Mikoto and Imadori...or between Akira and Hanai.

I'd also like snippets of events during their first year, but that may be too much. So would you guys have anything in particular you'd die to know?
Old 2010-08-25, 10:35   Link #214
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Talk about JK and the future has got me thinking, if you could ask for clarification of past events or insight into certain aspects of SR that have already occurred, what would you ask for?
More ERI - HARIMA - YAKUMO

Whatelse.
Old 2010-08-25, 10:43   Link #215
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Who cares about the main character if it doesn't sell to the audience.

Yes she got her ending good for her.

Now can we concentrate on Harima? She has 2 lovely girls and he's doing his manga?! Come on SR on Tenma's side of the story is all gag till the end. 4 long years before it ended.

We need a SR with something....A plot and a REAL one. Not a comedy gag all through out.

Man like some nerds and fanatics of comics Japanese and Western ones they would always say to authors. "It's fine and satisfying for them, but they dunno how it is that affect the people who appreciate and follow the story."
Old 2010-08-25, 12:21   Link #216
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
lif you could ask for clarification of past events or insight into certain aspects of SR that have already occurred, what would you ask for?
  • Harima's background - his parents aren't seen, but his brother seems to live with them (or at least one of 'em?)
  • Harima's feelings regarding the girls or what section of his brain is broken to not be over Tenma EVER - really I never understood how it can be defined as true love, it looks more like obsession to me; wanting what you can't get
  • Their third year. We never seen anything besides a few snippets in SRZ
  • Akira. Just more Akira!
Old 2010-08-25, 14:37   Link #217
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
We need a SR with something....A plot and a REAL one. Not a comedy gag all through out.
you've got the point! everytime we got some kind of serious scene it was turned into a gag a few seconds later

for example when Harima confessed to Eri (by mistake) ... seconds later the topic was kind of totally pushed away with Tae entering the screen and Harima getting an Eri-kick

or when Eri and Harima had to work on the photo album and Eri told him to stay over night at here place!!!

That stupid Nakamura choosed the wrong scene and Harima left! (becuz it happened like that in "The Three who were slashed" (or something like that xD)
Old 2010-08-25, 14:49   Link #218
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth_760 View Post
for example when Harima confessed to Eri (by mistake) ... seconds later the topic was kind of totally pushed away with Tae entering the screen and Harima getting an Eri-kick
Eri never forgot, though. It's the origin of their love-hate relationship. They've only been polite to each other until then.
You know as much as I'm let down by the lack of resolution the comedy is what I miss most.
I like the romance as the sub plot~
Old 2010-08-25, 18:57   Link #219
Sphire

Ow, lotsa Tenma hate. Makes me wanna go all Togo Masakazu and say 'Gentlemen, shall we take this outside?'

At times, especially nearer the end, I felt it was Tenma that moved the plot along, or it was her character that made things tolerable. These were usually the times when the plot turned romance heavy (which usually revolved around Harima and Eri), and with either comedic relief or just through her character, I thought the 'plot'(perhaps arc is the better term) became better.

The other side being Eri, and while I do love her character, she tended to be more serious and when coupled with jealousy, she could annoy me. So at times the story needed Tenma to balance things out.

One of the best case in point for me:
Spoiler for Do I really need spoiler tags for the story?:

Well, at least that's part of why I love Tenma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
You know as much as I'm let down by the lack of resolution the comedy is what I miss most.
I like the romance as the sub plot~
Aside from the lack of resolution part, I agree with you. I miss the comedy and characters the most. The romance parts are nice, but I too prefer them as sub-plots. Otherwise to me it would just be another harem/romantic drama(with great characters though ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
  • Harima's background - his parents aren't seen, but his brother seems to live with them (or at least one of 'em?)
  • Harima's feelings regarding the girls or what section of his brain is broken to not be over Tenma EVER - really I never understood how it can be defined as true love, it looks more like obsession to me; wanting what you can't get
  • Their third year. We never seen anything besides a few snippets in SRZ
  • Akira. Just more Akira!
Nice points. Though I have to admit I'd have hated it if Harima got over Tenma so quickly. His character would seem so flimsy if so. I think(or hope) it would take a lot to change him, which is alluded to in SRZ. No one ever said one-sided love can't be true love. But for it to be true, it should take a lot to break/overcome it. Otherwise again, it'd just be another rom drama(I'm looking at you Toradora! gawd I hated the ending in that show).

As for Harima's feelings towards the girls. I agree not much is known, but I did love it when Yakumo confessed, and Harima replied with a comedic gag because of misunderstanding it, but the underlying message was that Harima knew exactly what Yakumo said, but didn't want to hurt her by outright rejecting her, which he would have done. Shows how classy a guy Harima is (though as I typed this, I remember there being a scene in that 'three who were slashed' show about how Mangoku rejects a girl in a similar fashion(maybe without the gag))

Ok that's enough SR analysis for the day.....

God I love this show.
Old 2010-08-26, 00:32   Link #220
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
'Gentlemen, shall we take this outside?'
You wanna fight lol

True though Tenma is the balance of the whole group, though Harima is the main guy with everyones attention.

Anyways kidding aside, that's probably one of the best and flaws of SR. Being an all out comedy, which hurts the romance sub plot. Harima's expression on Yakumo's feelings or Eri's through out the manga is undoubted respect, where he tries to be gentleman even though there is anger inside him and love in front of him which he indirectly always rejects because of the love for Tenma. Misunderstood and hated by some, truly he's a 2ndary character worthy to be the main one.

Bet everyone that haven't seen SR will enjoy watching it, just don't show the final OVA's.

Jin Kobayashi needs a new SR or a new manga with plot that is similar to SR. There are too memorable moments and characters here to keep the rage, troll and hate going. One reason I want KJ to redeem himself on another manga.

Another reason why I want a whole new cast of SR characters and old ones can just make an omake, or probably it happened at the time of SR, but all have a different storyline.