AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 32.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 26.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 12.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.20%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.36%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.84%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.84%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-10, 06:27   Link #101
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
If Toradora didn't have a conclusive ending, I'd be disappointed. Unlike Kannagi, Toradora is story-driven. If it doesn't have an ending, it's an incomplete story. This can kinda get away with not having an ending, because it's story isn't the primary hook.

Edit: I always get disappointed when a series based on an ongoing manga/novel doesn't have a conclusive ending. It makes it a poor narrative, because you get the feeling that the whole thing was just an advertisement for the source material rather than its own complete story. I know this usually doesn't happen, especially these days as sequels have become so lucrative, but I'd rather an anime based on an ongoing manga/novel to have a crappy, original ending than to have no ending at all.
The problem with a crappy original ending for Tora is that it kills off the chance of a sequel and J.C Staff are one of the most sequel friendly studios around, 3 seasons of Znt, 2 of shana, 3rd announced for Nodame and I fully expect to see 2nd seasons of Index and Toradora sometime in 2010 or maybe even Fall 09.

I'll rather avoid a Claymore type ending, hopefully that gets the Hellsing Ultimate/FMA treatment in a few years time....

Anyway back to Kannagi, this should have a rather solid ending though expect a few loose ends of course..
Old 2008-12-10, 09:05   Link #102
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I have to agree with all those opinions that Kannagi is not story driven. It is character driven. Though I respect mangaka for she was able to create such enjoyable characters, but lets be true - she fails at making good plot. Her attempts gets too distracted and eventually nor tension nor interest is present. Sure the last chapter was big boom but I think she freaked out a little by herself with that. Usually the actual plot leaves far far to be desired. She herself admitted that she has troubles with consistency - sometimes it goes too serious (plot driven) or too light (no plot, yay).

Same goes into anime. Though I personally think that anime does almost every thing better than the mangaka did, it still has those core problems with the consistency.
Old 2008-12-10, 10:58   Link #103
arkxkra
全力全開

lol at this episode. Lucky Star character in diffrent room .
Old 2008-12-10, 13:55   Link #104
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, it's the comedy that counts. And the subtleties in the animation. But I'm still rooting like heck for Tsugumi to get some love from Jin. And for Nagi to recover some of her godly power. I expect a whole new season of this show sometime soon, or at least some OVAs.

As for Yamakan's attitude, I'm enjoying it. He is intentionally turning his bitterness into a joke. At least I hope it's intentional.

By the way, it seems to me that Toradora and Kannagi are about equally popular on 2channel right now. Toradora started ahead, then Kannagi raced up until it was around 20,000 posts ahead. But that gap is now remaining constant, so the differential has levelled out. The concern over Nagi being "experienced" was probably a factor in the show's flame of popularity there.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-12-10, 16:35   Link #105
Avacado Burger
Senpai, we musn't!!!

Pretty bad episode with only 3 shining points: The Lucky Star crossover, Takako's 'disgusting' performance, and the Shino moment at the end. Personally, I thought they showed too much singing, when the song could have been cut down to put more stuff in.

Maybe my standards are just too high from the epically awesome episode 9?
Old 2008-12-10, 19:52   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Still damn at how good Daitetsu was. Think I had to wait a couple minutes before the shock wore off. The man is gifted that's for sure. He's got good build, great artistic ability, can sing really well, and has a very fun imagination . Seriously I think the girls better step it up since this could easily end DaitetsuxJin .

Was a bit surprised with Zange. The girl can't cook unless it's Hakua and apparently can't sing either. Lot less talented than I would have thought. Though she does have a great ability to upset Tsugumi which isn't a great thing either.

Really Tsugumi is hurting badly with all the times she gets shut down. Jin doesn't notice the effort singing and sits away from her on a couple instances. Rough episode for her.
Old 2008-12-10, 20:38   Link #107
bloodyknight

Really pity Tsugumi... She is so much wanted Jin to pay attention to her... Must have hurt her when Jin wants to sing with Daitetsu... I mean... What the hell is Jin thinking?!

Daitetsu certainly regret comforting him at the restroom as his expression shows.
Old 2008-12-10, 21:48   Link #108
kissthestick

7/10, for a karaoke ep, not as good as it couldve been
Old 2008-12-10, 22:29   Link #109
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Nagi with the soybean theme... Oh my.

Lots of big laughs for me here, though it seems not a lot got accomplished plot or character wise. A delicious throwaway. I also thought the animation looked a bit odd at times, especially Nagi - she just appeared a bit off, somehow. And I almost (only half-seriously) begin to wonder if Jin might actually have feelings for Daitetsu (and vice-versa) - there's a bit of a Potemayo vibe developing there...
Old 2008-12-10, 23:24   Link #110
FateAnomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

Was a bit surprised with Zange. The girl can't cook unless it's Hakua and apparently can't sing either. Lot less talented than I would have thought. Though she does have a great ability to upset Tsugumi which isn't a great thing either.
Hmm i was under the impression that it is Hakua who can't cook while Zange can. Can someone confirm this?
Old 2008-12-10, 23:46   Link #111
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Reversed.. Zange can't cook her way out of burned matsutake.... In the cooking episode it was Zange trying to convince Hakua to help her win the contest, but Hakua balked.
Old 2008-12-11, 01:20   Link #112
Kikaifan
Blazing General

The seniors just keep getting funnier. Mysterious and powerful side characters, grant us your blessings!
Old 2008-12-11, 01:43   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyknight View Post
Really pity Tsugumi... She is so much wanted Jin to pay attention to her... Must have hurt her when Jin wants to sing with Daitetsu... I mean... What the hell is Jin thinking?!
Yeah. I think at some point she's going to have to shove her breasts in his face or something.
Old 2008-12-11, 05:13   Link #114
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for Yamakan's attitude, I'm enjoying it. He is intentionally turning his bitterness into a joke. At least I hope it's intentional.
I thought it was clear from the episode with the proper director frame that this is all having fun at Kyoani's expense and he really isn't being bitter. This episode seemed more like a case of "Now... you really think I'm going let this obvious chance go? Hah". There was opportunities for so much more in there if he really wanted to.
Old 2008-12-11, 14:47   Link #115
youtoome

At 8.03 minute what song is playing?
Very familiar. But i forgot....
Old 2008-12-11, 14:50   Link #116
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youtoome View Post
At 8.03 minute what song is playing?
Very familiar. But i forgot....
When Jin is in the toilet? The OP, as simple as that
Old 2008-12-11, 15:44   Link #117
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

I've just been comparing this episode to the Lucky Star ED and although the two karaoke establishments have a similar ambience, they're not the same except for the basic outlines, for instance Lucky Star has pale yellow doors whilst Kannagi has dark green ones. From my recollections of Lucky Star I was expecting to find them much more similar, but really the only similarity to the corridor views that both start with is they both have a dado and inset panels on the doors.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-12-11, 16:03   Link #118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have a feeling MOST karaoke places look a lot alike, simply because it makes construction cheaper.
Old 2008-12-11, 16:37   Link #119
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea they all have very similar arrangements, they're practically the same here in Singapore, down to the phone service.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-11, 17:22   Link #120
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Yea they all have very similar arrangements, they're practically the same here in Singapore, down to the phone service.
No doubt there are used "karaoke supply" companies, that recycle the same old phones and furniture, etc., from one failed karaoke bar to the next one to get built, just as there are "restaurant supply" companies that do the same for generations of restaurants.

And there must be karaoke trade magazines that are crammed full of advertising for systems and screens and song-supply companies, and have articles about the latest trends in the business: "An inexpensive way to soundproof your boxes." "Get the latest songs the day they are released." "Inter-box applause systems that don't drive your clients crazy." "How to charge for maximum returns and maximum client satisfaction." "Anime songs -- Do your clients want them?" "Food that helps your clients sing."And so on.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread