Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 10:53   Link #261
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Yes but I find it weird that they are giving out codes that let people join on headstart. Headstart was supposed to be Pre-order exclusive but even now we may see '' free loaders '' in there, as in people who were never going to even buy the game. Most people who are interested in TERA would have preordered it by now anyway so what's the point of these codes?
The way I see it, its for people who have a bunch of friends who haven't heard of the game, or aren't all that interested. Its an opportunity to get players to try out the game with the added incentive that unlike betas, you keep the character(s) if you end up paying for the game.

For example, you show your three friends who are on the fence, or weren't interested/ haven't heard of the game yet. Let's say they all decide to try and you party up with them, By the end of the head start period, perhaps you are all level 20. (Maybe they are slow levelers like me ) Now they might enjoy the game, but also with an incentive to keep playing with you as you will be continuing after launch. Unlike the betas, where you can simply toss away the character since it will be wiped, there is more connection when it is a character that won't be wiped if the purchase/subscription is made.

Hopefully I explained my point clearly ._<
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 11:41   Link #262
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Yes but I still don't understand their choice to allow them into head start that was supposed to be pre order exclusive. Don't advertise it as pre-order only if that's not what it is :/... They could've given out codes to give to people to let them try TERA as a sort of trial, for example, after head start ..
Old 2012-04-26, 16:14   Link #263
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
That was hardly hostile, sorry if it seemed that way. However, I can still not comprehend your deduction of hackers from an email that gives out codes for other users.

If the email required you to log in to somewhere to redeem the codes, that would be a different story but these were distributed in the email.

Also TERA hasn't even launched yet .. The possibility of phishing emails for TERA at this point is nonexistent.
Don't be too sure about that. I already have a dozen or so GW2 phising mails resting in my spam folder.

Like Kyero said, it never hurts to be careful. Most of these kinds of mails have an enticing message, and then a link to click. Since yours only gave game codes and no links, it's probably safe.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 16:32   Link #264
Mow Yun

Quote:
Yes but I still don't understand their choice to allow them into head start that was supposed to be pre order exclusive. Don't advertise it as pre-order only if that's not what it is :/... They could've given out codes to give to people to let them try TERA as a sort of trial, for example, after head start ..
Its a chance to start together, maybe. Any later and perhaps other games (Diablo III, Guild Wars 2) will hook those kinds of people who aren't really playing anything at the moment.

Just conjecture here :P
Old 2012-04-26, 16:48   Link #265
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I don't really see the big deal since everyone who buys the game basically got the OBT period to get their characters leveled ahead of the people who buy at launch. So preorders and any friends they refer get to start Saturday instead of Tuesday... friend referrals are a pretty common way of word-of-mouth advertisement.

Hell, Gmail used to operate that way for ages, and Google+ did the same thing when it was in beta. Get invite codes, send to friends, bring people into the fold. It's an effective method of advertisement.
Old 2012-04-27, 03:43   Link #266
Westlo
Lets be reality

Those codes are Buddy codes... so you can invite upto 3 friends to play for free during the headstart phase.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 13:56   Link #267
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... crud. I'd like to play this but it doesn't look like the budget or time will permit it til June. I guess if everyone is still romping about at that time, that's a good sign for the game.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:24   Link #268
Sobonok

I figure around the time the game finally releases. Or when enough codes have been shared among Animesuki users. Is when you'll see this thread be hitting skyrockets.
Sobonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 16:22   Link #269
Dist

^I doubt. MMO's aren't -that- popular when compared to the single player games in the Games section. If you look at the amount of replies TERA has gotten in such short time however, it's clear that TERA is more popular than GW2 or Aion in Animesuki.
Old 2012-04-27, 16:34   Link #270
Sobonok

I don't know about GW2, I feel that since the game is in such a close BETA field right now. Not much can be said, except spoiling by videos from commentators. While Aion has had a long run.
Old 2012-04-27, 17:04   Link #271
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
If you look at the amount of replies TERA has gotten in such short time however, it's clear that TERA is more popular than GW2 or Aion in Animesuki.
Or that TERA has had an open beta and is closer to launch (In Aion's case... well, Aion's always been a bit of a misfire even in the general MMO community).

It helps to have been actually able to play the game if you want to talk about it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 17:11   Link #272
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So when does the game open up? midnight tonight or tomorrow sometime.
Old 2012-04-27, 17:18   Link #273
Sobonok

Quote:
Set up your subscription before May 31, 2012 at 11:59 PM PST to receive discounted inaugural pricing below:

Monthly Subscription: $14.99
3-month Subscription: $35.85 ($11.95/month = 20% discount)
6-month Subscription: $59.70 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)
Yearly Subscription: $107.40 ($8.95/month = 40% discount)

Beginning June 1, 2012, at 12:00 AM PST, the pricing will change to the normal rate:

Monthly Subscription: $14.99
3-month Subscription: $38.85 ($12.95/month = 14% discount)
6-month Subscription: $65.70 ($10.95/month = 27% discount)
Yearly Subscription: $119.40 ($9.95/month = 34% discount)
Still good prices when comparing to WoW subscription fees. I'll give this game a shot when I get more free time and money.
Old 2012-04-27, 17:24   Link #274
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobonok View Post
Somewhere in Spring 2012. The subscription fees and their discount dates can also give a hint. There's still no definite date though.
.. What on earth are you talking about? Are we talking about the same game? Did you just hop in the discussion and have no idea what you are talking about? TERA head-start starts tomorrow exactly at noon. The exact time is 20 hours and 37 minutes from writing this post.

And the game launches on May 1st ...

What do you mean there's no definite date? The definite date has been out for weeks, if not for months.. The CBT's have been out for last 2-3 months with one beta every two weeks. The OBT was last weekend, and finally this weekend, the game has head-start for preorder players and after that the game goes into retail launch.
Old 2012-04-27, 18:04   Link #275
Mow Yun

Quote:
.. What on earth are you talking about? Are we talking about the same game? Did you just hop in the discussion and have no idea what you are talking about? TERA head-start starts tomorrow exactly at noon. The exact time is 20 hours and 37 minutes from writing this post.

And the game launches on May 1st ...

What do you mean there's no definite date? The definite date has been out for weeks, if not for months.. The CBT's have been out for last 2-3 months with one beta every two weeks. The OBT was last weekend, and finally this weekend, the game has head-start for preorder players and after that the game goes into retail launch.
Head Start's been moved up four hours. 8 AM PDT now
Old 2012-04-27, 19:12   Link #276
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Head Start's been moved up four hours. 8 AM PDT now
Ooh neato.
Old 2012-04-27, 22:51   Link #277
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

New headstart time is pretty brutal for me but I guess ill stay up to play.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:20   Link #278
Mow Yun

I'm supposed to be going to my friend's house in the morning to play his Guild Wars 2 beta, and then come home to play TERA head start. Oh boy. ^^;;;
Old 2012-04-27, 23:46   Link #279
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Tera has pretty much ruined me now. I tried playing Aion a bit during the week, but after the OBT I just cannot go back to clicky-tile MMOs.
Old 2012-04-27, 23:59   Link #280
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Tera has pretty much ruined me now. I tried playing Aion a bit during the week, but after the OBT I just cannot go back to clicky-tile MMOs.
I have a feeling that's how I'm going to be feeling trying out Guild Wars 2

WHAT IS THIS MYSTICAL AUTO AIM ATTACK WITH TAB OMG

I will likely be switching to Lancer when Head Start comes, probably in the afternoon (Pacific time :P )