AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-28, 16:10   Link #921
U<3Anime
Boo!

I really liked the confession scene in the manga, so I had high hopes for it in the anime. But they messed up man, they messed up. They skipped out on the most important part and that was the.....KISS! WHERE WAS THE KISS!? ohmygod unbelievable
Old 2012-05-28, 16:16   Link #922
GrimJack

Things I didn't like about the episode

Spoiler for manga spoilers:

as I said before I have high hopes for next episode
Old 2012-05-28, 16:23   Link #923
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i actually liked all about this episode, certainly different from the manga, but not bad, i usually dont like when an anime change the story, but i consider it well done and entretaining, actually these last episodes hade made me pick this as one of my favorites this season so far.
Old 2012-05-28, 16:27   Link #924
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

He definitely could've handled Momoe better but I thought it was a great episode...at least up until the breast grab. I dunno but it feels a liitle underwhelming for Yuuko to return to normal so without solving her bigger problem. The ending even makes it feel as if it's not that big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
He's 12...give him a break...
He's twelve?!?!? That little shit is getting way more breast action than he has any right to at his age.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:40   Link #925
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
This show's OP & Ed are fantastic, but that insert song took the cake by far. The build up to the confession was done perfectly (only downside being the pre-requisite for it was stepping on Momoe's feelings), but I could barely enjoy it the first time since I was so entranced by the music!
Ah yes, shame on me for forgetting to bring up the insert song earlier

If there's anything that could up the impact of that scene, it's the perfect song they've chosen
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:41   Link #926
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
I really liked the confession scene in the manga, so I had high hopes for it in the anime. But they messed up man, they messed up. They skipped out on the most important part and that was the.....KISS! WHERE WAS THE KISS!? ohmygod unbelievable
There was a kiss?! Oh, wow. Normally, something like that would piss me off; however, I thought the confession scene was simply excellent as it was. Mayhap they're saving the kiss for a later episode in the anime?

I decided to re-watch the confessions a few more times because of how lovely it was. This anime is definitely my favourite this season. Thus far, anyway.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 16:58   Link #927
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
He's twelve?!?!? That little shit is getting way more breast action than he has any right to at his age.
Not only that but his "girlfriend" is a super hot and sultry 15 year old chick (technically), with two other 14 year olds who clearly have a thing for him.
Downside is...let's see him try introducing the woman he loves to his parents...

And oh no! They are changing the story from the manga too much, time for the manga rage to build up.
Mind you, I kid but I still think the manga handled this whole affair much better.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 17:25   Link #928
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
There was a kiss?! Oh, wow. Normally, something like that would piss me off; however, I thought the confession scene was simply excellent as it was. Mayhap they're saving the kiss for a later episode in the anime?
My thoughts exactly, they obviously have more and probably worse problems in store for the chapters that are left.... About the scenes, more than the kiss and the shadow, in the manga there is this frame where Yuuko apparently apologizes in a voice so low that no one can hear and wasn't included. I loved that part of the scene, I felt that it conveyed a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Downside is...let's see him try introducing the woman he loves to his parents...
I have always wanted this arc where Teiichi's Mom and Dad go to school and they are actually able to see Yuuko. Cue to "gaining approval" hijinks
Old 2012-05-28, 17:26   Link #929
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

I have always wanted this arc where Teiichi's Mom and Dad go to school and they are actually able to see Yuuko. Cue to "gaining approval" hijinks
lol I can picture his Dad eying Yuuko for a few seconds and then feeling unusually proud of his boy.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 22:25   Link #930
GundamZZ
残念美人

Great episode!
I like the irony that he received confession from two older girls right after an older girl breaks up with her. One girl is aware Yuko's presence, and another girl is not aware Yuko(or is she?). One girl makes the confession at the beginning, and another girl makes the confession near the ending. They both step back when the guy gives no response. Both confessions are suggestive. One is "I can take Yuko's place". Another one is "Do you have someone that you like?" The guy is just sits back and does nothing.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 01:34   Link #931
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

Well this scene he was clearly taking it. I'm sooooo jealous

Btw if Yuuko's death was something like a case of a virgin sacrifice, HOTTEST VIRGIN EVER! >_<
Old 2012-05-29, 07:27   Link #932
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

The rooftop confession scene is finally animated. This was a good episode, though I admit that I liked this part better in the manga (the cherry is missing from the cake! ). Even so, I can't deny that this episode was a visual treat, especially with that nice artistic touch applied to many of the scenes.

Points to Teiichi for deciding to take action, to Kirie for giving him a push (though "push" turned out a bit differently here ), and to Momoe for taking what amounted to rejection without breaking down.
Old 2012-05-29, 12:30   Link #933
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Man this ep....the scene on the roof, somehow it brings back memories of that church scene with the other Yuuko in Ef....

Loved it....made me smile like mad in the manga and the same is true here. The BGM helped a great deal too...

Okonogi's sharp perception is lolz

Oh and the end card....anyone has it? I wonder who's the illustrator...It somehow depicts very well that the real victim in all this may be the Shadow Yuuko...
Old 2012-05-29, 13:14   Link #934
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
Things I didn't like about the episode

Spoiler for manga spoilers:

as I said before I have high hopes for next episode
That looks a lot more awesome than boobie grabbing. It makes me a lot more sense for her to recover her memories this way too, not to mention, it makes us see Shadow Yuuko in a new light (literally ). I wish they had kept it this way.

I'll really have to read the manga once the anime ends.
Old 2012-05-29, 14:26   Link #935
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That looks a lot more awesome than boobie grabbing. It makes me a lot more sense for her to recover her memories this way too, not to mention, it makes us see Shadow Yuuko in a new light (literally ). I wish they had kept it this way.

I'll really have to read the manga once the anime ends.
Oh no, he did grab her breast, and that was the trigger for her memories to return, in both manga and anime. There just happened to be additional stuff that happened as well, in the manga.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 19:22   Link #936
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

End card illustrator is Hiro Kiyohara.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 20:20   Link #937
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ah thanks....so Jigoku Shoujo -esque
Old 2012-05-29, 23:41   Link #938
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

By the way, I'm the only one that is freaking out when Yuuko's and her sister family picture showed 3 people rather than 2? All of the "live" Yuuko scenes have only 2 people in the manga.
Old 2012-05-29, 23:53   Link #939
Random Wanderer

I have no idea who the child was in that picture. It's strange.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 23:53   Link #940
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm a little confused. I didn't understand it when I read the manga, and I still don't understand it now... When reading the manga, I was under the impression that Yuuko had only pretended to have forgotten about Teiichi. So she actually forgot (with love declaration + boobie grab = memory retrieval)?

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural