AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-09-05, 12:18   Link #21
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

There wasn't any anime aired in Japan, but there was a very short one played at an anime convention a couple of years ago. I even reviewed it. It wasn't really all that great, though.

I would have linked to the other thread if Superchop hadn't done it already...
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 12:44   Link #22
Guding

Do you know how many cutscenes?

Because I have been looking for a time now and I have found a sign of it.
It's one of thoose musicvideos when some guy have cut together scenes from a show into a musicvideo. (it's "Rob zombie with scum of the earth if you wan't to know ").
Well anyway there are alot of scenes that suggest a anime and i have also found an "anime opening" at Direct connect. However i haven't been able to download it yet.
Also i have read in a manga-magazine in my country that there should have been a anime (don't know if they mean nuumamonja) but that it should be very hard to get.
Hovever maybe i should download the playstation version and see those cutscenes.
and if someone is intrested they could download that musicvideo on kazaa or something (think it's named Chrono Trigger - Rob Zombie - Scum Of The Earth.mpg or something).
Guding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 12:26   Link #23
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Lightbulb Diggin'diggin'diggin'

Anyways, this thread is about that Chrono Trigger clip thing, isn't it?

Did anyone watch it since?

The fact is yes, unfortunately, as Rod puts it, it's quite useless. I mean if it was meant for fans, then why not showing them what they want? I didn't play the Playstation version, and I don't know how close those added scenes are related to the "scenario" of the game, but that would have been so much better to show the heroes in a little side story, instead of those two side characters. Bonus or not.

Don't you think?
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-22, 12:56   Link #24
hooliganj
Team Player

The Chrono OVA is just a gag reel, no real advancment of the plot or serious story to it at all. The PSX version of the game didn't have any extra scenes, except for the ending. Instead they picked about a dozen of the cutscenes in the game and animated them. Oddly enough, when you get to them in the game, you still have to watch them play out with the sprites, too, so you see everything twice.

If you own a copy of the game (Final Fantasy Chronicles, comes packaged with a PSX version of FF4), I recommend making an image of the CD and then playing that on an emulator. It's perfectly legal to emulate a game you own, and it resolves a lot of the loading issues.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 00:38   Link #25
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Ok if you read that thread now and find it a bit... illogical, it's just it's been moderated to put all Chrono Trigger OVA related post in one and only thread. Which is indeed a very good thing. Thanks to whoever did that.

(This time, it's not my fault, I just digged up the one which was linked to the big list created by xris in the general anime forum. ^^)

Then, thanks to Hooliganj ( I like your screenname. ) for those precisions.
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote