AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-25, 13:06   Link #1601
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
I'm a resourceful guy. I'll get episode 1 one way or another. Episode 2 is downloading but it shows no seeders/peers on Anime Suki (even though it shows there are some on scarywater).

I'm not particularly desperate to get it. I just wish to have some light watching.
Old 2007-01-25, 13:09   Link #1602
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

You know, you shouldn't even look at reported stats in AS before you open the torrent. Damn, you should give a torrent a try ANYWAY, even if a tracker reports otherwise.

And how come you have YET to download Kaede's episode?
Old 2007-01-25, 13:10   Link #1603
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
You know, you shouldn't even look at reported stats in AS before you open the torrent. Damn, you should give a torrent a try ANYWAY, even if a tracker reports otherwise.

And how come you have YET to download Kaede's episode?
Because I have things to do outside of my anime interests.
Old 2007-01-25, 13:17   Link #1604
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Now, unless you're a router or a torrent client, you shouldn't have problems with leaving a torrent on while being occupied whatever non-anime interests you may have.

So, unless you don't have internet access, it's unforgivable
No Kaede cookies for you.
Old 2007-01-25, 13:26   Link #1605
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Now, unless you're a router or a torrent client, you shouldn't have problems with leaving a torrent on while being occupied whatever non-anime interests you may have.
If I'm not using the computer, I always switch it off. Besides, it's not even mine, so my time on the internet is limited.
Old 2007-01-25, 13:27   Link #1606
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As Tsukikage Ran says, "Inexcusable!!! Unforgivable!!!"
You should throw together an old box of left over parts that does nothing but torrents/downloads and just let it percolate in the corner (that way it won't interfere with <insert hardware-hoggish game of the month here>).

edit: ah... that would be more of a problem. Like I tell my son's friend's parents... "ya know they call them PERSONAL computers for a reason"
Old 2007-01-25, 13:29   Link #1607
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Doesn't that slightly depend on what your other interests are though? I've noticed leaving my torrent app running affects my performance in WoW and other games, and also the performance of my VPN into work. I mean, I have fiber so I try to leave my torrents up til I've shared at least triple or quadruple the file size, but I generally turn them off whenever I'm doing something else on my computer.
Old 2007-01-25, 13:39   Link #1608
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, I'll often pause torrents if I'm doing something network intensive and I have the client throttled anyway to keep it managed so the upstream doesn't think I'm DDOS-vile. I'd ask how Burning Crusade is going... but that would be a derail (I turned my account off at Christmas since I was given NWN2, figure on reactivating this summer).
Old 2007-01-25, 13:47   Link #1609
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I actually just turned off too (I just bought my first ever new car this weekend). I was actually thinking more about work. I'm actually playing NWN2 now as well.

Back to the topic, if no one has seeded it by the time I get home (in about four hours) Maxon send me a PM and I'll go back to seeding whichever episodes aren't missing (I think I have all the episodes, though the only one I'm sure about is #2). I've never tried seeding directly to a person before, but if we can figure out how it shouldn't take very long to d/l. I actually throttle my client too, but I throttle it at 250k/sec on the upload and I could just turn it off until you've finished.

I FiOS!
Old 2007-01-25, 14:02   Link #1610
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I... hate... you.... (plots further ways to set fire to Verizon's local CO so that they HAVE to upgrade the last mile to at least 1990 tech)
Old 2007-01-25, 14:06   Link #1611
rooboy
Umeboshi!

That's okay, I'll probably need you or npal to teach me how to seed it in such a way that I'm sure he's getting it.
Old 2007-01-25, 15:43   Link #1612
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

@npal
I still want to be upgraded from a standar member. *Squeals like a girl* Pleeeeeeeeeease, pretty pleaaaase!
(I´m warning, next message will include a gizillion smileys of different kinds... ^^)

I wonder how they´re going to make Asa´s arc this time considering just how it was intertvined with Kaede´s arc. It´ll be no serious troubles to just force Asa out of the way in Kaede´s arc but for Asa´s arc... I wonder if we´ll get two Kaede arc´s rather than a Kaede and an Asa arc. One Good Kaede arc and one bad Kaede arc.

@rooboy
Congratulations on your new car.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2007-01-25, 16:06   Link #1613
Noppapana
&gt; Haruhiist &lt;

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-78O7Jnsgwg
ooww the new DVD (perhaps the limited edition) with Kaede on the cover is so pretty
Old 2007-01-25, 16:07   Link #1614
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I believe I already told you to talk to KiNa about it
Old 2007-01-25, 16:16   Link #1615
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

**reads torrent moaning threads**
:P Direct Downloads For The World!!!! :P
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not so I'll post it and leave it to get deleted or not if the case may be. Visit www.fansub.tv and click "Unlicensed anime. Shuffle memories is on the side. I downloaded mine from there. Download speeds are a little slow but I just leave it on while I'm at work.
Old 2007-01-25, 16:22   Link #1616
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yes, the main problem is that he says he can't leave his pc open. Secondly, when you say low? For ep 3 I think it climbed up to 60-70kb/s.
Old 2007-01-25, 16:41   Link #1617
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Until I move out I won't be able to leave a PC on all the time. At college, it was on almost 24/7, so I must have watched 40 series of anime in 6/7 months. Now my PC doesn't have internet so I have to use my little brother's.

I'll give episode 1 another try and a little while.
Old 2007-01-25, 16:57   Link #1618
bobmarleypeople
Inactive Member

Quote:
Yes, the main problem is that he says he can't leave his pc open. Secondly, when you say low? For ep 3 I think it climbed up to 60-70kb/s.
Hmmm. My normal download speed is around 60kb/s (on a good day). When I downloaded episode 1/2 it was around 20-30 sometimes dropping to less than 1kb/s for a few minutes. Since you got a good speed, I'm betting it's just cos my internet connection is crap. **falls into deep depression**
Old 2007-01-25, 17:23   Link #1619
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Actually, my connection supports close to 200kb/s and I HAVE reached about 130kb/s on a lot of torrents

Last edited by npal; 2007-01-25 at 17:41.
Old 2007-01-25, 17:32   Link #1620
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I've actually reached over 200 k/s on individual torrents. I'll have to take off the throttling tonight and post a picture of my uTorrent screen. My d/l isn't really anything special (usually tops out at 300 k or so), but I've seen it uploading at over 400 k/s whenever i take the cap off (one of the reasons why I have to cap it is it literally makes the internet crawl when I'm uploading at anything higher than what it's capped at).