AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-21, 11:36   Link #2921
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Isn't that only if you have the Demons method of transportation? Like how Mara got sealed in the CD she used to get to Earth?
There's a more general type of seal. You can see it in the manga chapter 61 or the anime season 2 episode 15 (animated version of the same story). The only hitch is you have to get right up to the target to seal them.

Quote:
Keroko's heart is far darker, tainted by brutal battles long since past.
And she's just a Second-class goddess? Oh well... they all have their reasons for not upgrading.

Quote:
and though she will never be as pure and kind as the other goddesses, she will realize that ending a life should not be taken so lightly.
That looks like it'll be an interesting story, like your other Kerokos. Hope to see more of this one someday.

Quote:
Guh... there is that, isn't there? Hrmm...
How about this? The plan was for the demons to pin the rouge down for Keroko to seal him. When Keroko gets close to him, something makes her decide she can't seal him and she kills him instead. The other demons can't stop her because they have to keep the rouge pinned or he will stomp Keroko and then attack them. Even they weren't expecting her to kill him, that may be their only defense against Hild's wrath.
You see, both sides should heavily indoctrinate their people against killing. Because if this very situation happens, one dies and someone from the other side doesn't die, a deep flaw in the Doublet System will be exposed.
Spoiler for the flaw:
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 11:44   Link #2922
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...btw Eva thx for pointing out the Macross crossovers. And OMGWTF Ozma is Kamima?! No wonder he's better than the NUNS pilots. I can see it now... a VF-25S Armored... with GIGA DRILL BREAKER...

MACROSS OVERWHELMING. FOR GREAT MISSILE BUKAKKE.

You also forgot about him charging into a swarm of Vajra and yelling, "WHO TH HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
@Eva X: Fuck YES Macross F crack. What bout my staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar~
The scene was just too good to pass up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yes with Lowe's research, we knew all this by now. However, after episode 14, there's even more Khrack for a young bridge bunny to go for ol' Genya.
Lol . And hopefully more to come in future episodes

Quote:
...maybe its just me not agreeing with it... ...or because I haven't seen the duet video...

Singing Hayate is intriguing though. I recommend using MY GRAVITATION from Seto no Hanayome instead, it would've been more appropiate and funny!
I still find it amusing to have Nanoha acting like Alto did during that whole scene

Quote:
Now if only I can stop playing WoW long enough to do Erio some justice. The recent leveling rush is killing meh.
Ah, I know that feeling all to well. Good luck on that lvling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
See the situation now. And try to determine the eventual outcome if this is left unchecked based on previously recorded data.

In my perspective, I don't like how the direction this development is moving.

Allow me to quote from a certain relevant source.

I don't need to point out the specifics since it's in plain sight.

And to add my own personal touch.

1) Thread misconduct will not be tolerated.

2) Rationale (especially if erroneous) when not to be taken into consideration if used as a reason to propagate the aforementioned misconduct.

3) Genuine, overblown or imaginary friction and negative issues between OC members will be taken to either PM or IRC.

4) IRL problems are to be left where they should be. IN. REAL. LIFE. Not here.

5) This list is to be updated upon necessity.

6) No buts. ;p
Urg....can we NOT have to go through with all this flaming emo crap again? The last time was bad enough -_-

Quote:
Yee gods, how do you manage to turn out the Bluecheesium bombs time and time again?

I loved it. TeslaXGriffith, YuunoXNanoha with a great touch of drama, definetely among my favourite chapters.
Needs more TeslaxGriffith

Quote:
I saw the youtube of that (still have to watch Macross itself), but the scene is awesome. HayaNanoFate is so rare in fandom, strangely enough.
Deshou?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Yes it does... but atm I try to concentrate on Memories of Blood and Sorrow.
But I still collect some nice Ideas for Nightfall. (I'm even working on the 'bossfights' already )
*cues the Final Fantasy VII battle music*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
If you actually made a deck-based style work, I'd take my hat off to you. (Assuming I wore hats. :3)
Quote:
I already have:
Spoiler for The Sakura Cards system used by Saber, Sankt Kaiser of Belka:
Oh and Kouya can only use cards in Humanoid or Worgen form. Beast form grants him great feral striking power, but at the cost of the cards.
I could probably adapt my idea for the Fustle System to work with cards now that I think about it...

Quote:
Comparing Keroko's pactio to the other pactio's, I found one or two minor errors, here's the new, fixed version:

Spoiler for Keroko's pactio:

For people who are going to make pactio cards, note that the title needs to be all-caps.

WIN!!!

Quote:
No wonder it was so goddamned familiar!!!
Slow Kha is slow

Quote:
Looks like Kouya the DeckkaMaster is a go!
Lol.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 12:09   Link #2923
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
And a minor error: since it's latin-ish, all K's should be C's

other than that, there are no more qualms
Huh, so that's why Asuna's name turned into a C, never paid too much atention to that before.

Oh well, one more time:

Spoiler for Pactio, this time with proper latin:

... It looks weird with C's instead of K's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
There's a more general type of seal. You can see it in the manga chapter 61 or the anime season 2 episode 15 (animated version of the same story). The only hitch is you have to get right up to the target to seal them.
Right, noted.

Quote:
And she's just a Second-class goddess? Oh well... they all have their reasons for not upgrading.
Goddess rank has little to do with the brutality of the battles. Apocalyptic scale, yes, but not brutality. Keroko mainly fought of enemies that could be killed, and by all rights should be killed before they become a threat, this means that almost all of her enemies weren't Demons, but inhabitants of various worlds that tried to destroy Heaven. Natural enemies of Heaven, like creatures a similar nature as the Angel Eater were also on her list. Basically, she has become so accustomed to killing her targets, that the difference between taking a life and doing your job has become blurred. By the time the incident happened, she was like a hunter that can no longer see the difference between a human being and prey. It was a threat to heaven, and therefore had to be eliminated.

I didn't make her a First Class goddess because I view the First Class rank to be similar to the SS rank of Nanoha: Not something you toss around lightly. In Keroko's case it is her brutality that prevents her from upgrading, even back then she simply couldn't be trusted with that kind of power, for fear of causing more damage then her oponents.

Quote:
That looks like it'll be an interesting story, like your other Kerokos. Hope to see more of this one someday.
Thank you.

Quote:
How about this? The plan was for the demons to pin the rouge down for Keroko to seal him. When Keroko gets close to him, something makes her decide she can't seal him and she kills him instead. The other demons can't stop her because they have to keep the rouge pinned or he will stomp Keroko and then attack them. Even they weren't expecting her to kill him, that may be their only defense against Hild's wrath.
*Notes down* Thanks a lot, this works just fine.

Quote:
You see, both sides should heavily indoctrinate their people against killing. Because if this very situation happens, one dies and someone from the other side doesn't die, a deep flaw in the Doublet System will be exposed.
Spoiler for the flaw:
Well, I don't see how that should matter concidering both sides are already well aware of that flaw, as Peorth said during the Velsper debacle, it works because they don't know who the doublets are. It's the randomness that makes the system work.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 12:50   Link #2924
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Ace attempt 1.0. Rip into it, please.

Spoiler for Lumina Celeste, the Unyielding Ace:

EDIT: Added powers.

Last edited by dkellis; 2008-07-22 at 04:36.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 13:08   Link #2925
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
No problem with her character as far as I have read it. And seeing a dumb blonde stereotype popping up in this thread is about as rare as rolling 18/00 in strenght in AD&D2, as far as I can remember from this thread.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 14:09   Link #2926
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
No problem with her character as far as I have read it. And seeing a dumb blonde stereotype popping up in this thread is about as rare as rolling 18/00 in strenght in AD&D2, as far as I can remember from this thread.
...huh?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 14:09   Link #2927
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Guys:

Here's one of the many idea's i've been passing in my brain for some time now, taking it to OCC at least twice with satisfactory results, i'm posting it here so that i can get the opinions of others who are not on IRC that much:

Spoiler for Saint X idea: Special Academy Group A:
Old 2008-07-21, 14:12   Link #2928
Jimmy C

Quote:
this means that almost all of her enemies weren't Demons, but inhabitants of various worlds that tried to destroy Heaven.
Slight problem, AMG's Heaven seems to be pretty much impenetrable to Unauthorized Personnel, including demons. So "destroying Heaven" is not possible in that way. Any enemy that could pose a threat to goddesses doing fieldwork ought to be dealt with, however. Trouble is, fieldwork is usually done by First-class goddesses. If they couldn't deal with it, it's certainly out of Keroko's league.

Quote:
Natural enemies of Heaven, like creatures a similar nature as the Angel Eater were also on her list.
I think that little beast was a "gift" from Hild, her own creation. Belldandy did send it back to the Demon Realm after all.

Quote:
I view the First Class rank to be similar to the SS rank of Nanoha: Not something you toss around lightly.
You're only half-right about that. If you've read Urd's 1st-class exam arc, you'll see that all goddesses aspire to get that First-class license. A lot of them may actually succeed. But, with the license divided into Limited and Unlimited categories and Limiters being more prevasive than in StrikerS, you can define available powers at your discretion. Your choice.

Spoiler for Doublet matters:
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 14:19   Link #2929
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
...huh?
He means it's incredibly rare. To roll an 18/00 is like a 0.5% to 1.6% chance, depending on what system you're playing on.

Also, ITT: Ah My Goddess

Maybe I should recreate my AMG OCs...
Old 2008-07-21, 15:05   Link #2930
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:

Spoiler for DM Response:
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 15:11   Link #2931
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Updated with powers descriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Technically she's not a Dumb Blonde, but just a bit slow on the uptake.

The entire reason for this OC is because I wanted to see how much a character which was explicitly described as an Ace should be hax-busted. Which is why I say: rip into it. Go wild.
Old 2008-07-21, 15:40   Link #2932
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Dimensional Transfer
Transfer magic used to teleport to another dimension. Not a typical Belkan spell, it appears to have been specially implemented by the Guardian Knight System.

Anyway, about the fusion of Negima and Nanoha, the biggest problem seems to be that earth is noted to have no magic civilization in Nanoha. Now the question is: What constitutes as no magic civilization? We know that 'no magic' doesn't mean zero magic (Nanoha, Hayate and Graham prove this) so what would make a world be labelled as having no magic population?

According to Chao, the Negima mage population is 67.000.000 mages, only roughly 1% of the total world population (currently estimated at just over 6.68 billion), and she is unclear whether this is referring to mages living on earth, or total mage population both here and Mundus Magicus, in which case the 'detectable' percentage of mages would become even lower. Now, I am one of those who chooses to believe that worlds like Mid have a very high mage population, around 50%, if not more. Compared to this, a world with only 1% of mages (all of whom avoid detection at all cost as well), this would seem like a world with no magic civilization.

My personal fusion has the TSAB and Earth mages aware of eachothers existence, but due to Earth being an unadministered world, the TSAB has a no-interference policy, which is broken only in the case of discovered Lost Logia. The extremely low mage population, and the fact that mages hide their existence from the normal people, has caused the TSAB to label Earth as a world without magic civilization.
Sounds good to me, and quite possible

Quote:
As long as he doesn't look like Inuyasha, I'm cool (I never did like his character design).

As for Keroko, while the profile is still in the works, I can leave you with this:

Spoiler for she still likes black:
Quote:
Comparing Keroko's pactio to the other pactio's, I found one or two minor errors, here's the new, fixed version:

Spoiler for Keroko's pactio:

For people who are going to make pactio cards, note that the title needs to be all-caps.

Quote:
Huh, so that's why Asuna's name turned into a C, never paid too much atention to that before.

Oh well, one more time:

Spoiler for Pactio, this time with proper latin:

... It looks weird with C's instead of K's.
Yeah, it does

*warps away*
Old 2008-07-21, 20:00   Link #2933
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Ironically, Keroko is a tank herself as well (hence her title SAEVIO DEFENSOR, or 'furious protector')

As for 'ministrum' or 'ministra' I was thinking ministrum myself, but then I checked Al's card, which also says 'ministralis' so I just went with that.
Hmm... So its not covering each others' weaknesses, more like boosting each others' strengths? Like Kouya would benefit from the extra mana from Keroko and the Relic and use rarer and more powerful cards and combos, and Belka enhancement would supplement his Worgen Regeneration, while Keroko'd would have access to his card buffs, since they'd then be shared between the two of them? And unlike other mage+minister teams, they fight back to back rather than 1 shielding the other? (like Lina and Gourry? )

Keroko must have Dragon Slave! XD

And when its Zeit! adeatime!, I wonder Kouya gets as his powerup weapon... I had a Hand of Ragnaros at first, then the Dragon's Call and the Stormherald fought for the spot. Something related to dragons and fits well with the shaman outlook...

Quote:
No, no, what she remembers is her life in the TSAB. When she realizes she has Royal Blood in her veins (just how she does that is still up in the air, though it most likely will be a Mundus Magicus thing), and accepts that she is a decendant of Belka, that's when she sparks the Relic's, and thereby her own, true powers.

Just how far those true powers go, I'm still working on. It also depends on the amount of powerups the series will keep throwing in from hereon (Negi's recent buff made me think 'hmm, maybe the Barrier of the Saint King won't be that overpowered after all'). I'm probably going to combine the Belkan weapon materialization with the recent energy weapon materialization (seriously, Negi chucking Lightning Spears in 219 was awesome.)
Oh.

And I REALLY need to catch up.

Though with abilities resembling BoSK and BWM (probably nothing like Tracing I guess), not to mention access to a Relic, I wonder what kind of Knight Keroko was... It's almost like she was built like a successful Vivio clone.

Quote:
Ah, I know that feeling all to well. Good luck on that lvling

Difference is, I've always been playing. No regrets.

Quote:
I could probably adapt my idea for the Fustle System to work with cards now that I think about it...
Then IXA's Fake Fuestles will FINALLY have some effect apart from Lyrical magic instruments.
Old 2008-07-21, 23:40   Link #2934
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post

She feels like 90% Amelia, 5% Lina, 2% Gourry and 3% Luna. That said, as a S ranker, her abilities are somewhat lacking in my opinion except for Power Blast. Keeping up indefinitely, a B ranked attack, is somewhat unbalanced imo.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 09:15   Link #2935
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

DK, I saw your post, but I'm in a bit of a rush; I'll review it later. Sorry...

And with the choice of Zafira's various forms for Kouya, comes a little bit of Khrack that took quite a while to hit...

And so, from Toushoukan Sentai Bakarengers, comes...

...the BakaMaster.

*FLEEEEZ*
Old 2008-07-22, 11:14   Link #2936
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Apparently when I try to make Mary Sues, I'm the only one who thinks so.

Overpowered Character Attempt 2.0. I'm feeling a bit left out of the Everyone Yelling At Me that so characterizes this thread.

Spoiler for Mei Landau:
Old 2008-07-22, 11:42   Link #2937
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Sage Wiseman say: Try too hard you do.

You're coming up with characters that are more entertaining than overpowered.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 06:27   Link #2938
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Apparently when I try to make Mary Sues, I'm the only one who thinks so.

Overpowered Character Attempt 2.0. I'm feeling a bit left out of the Everyone Yelling At Me that so characterizes this thread.

Spoiler for Mei Landau:
If this is your consious attempt at making a Mary Sue, then I can safely say on thing: You suck at making Mary sues.

An insult that's actually a compliment, there's a first time for everything...

Lumina is a character with an original personallity, an original device, and an amusing, yet interesting background. Her powers are balanced, even the SS-rank barrier. You expect a shield device to be able to tank heavy blows. Now if she was AA ranked or you had said it could tank SSS ranked blasts, then we'd hammer into it.

Mei too, is a character with an original personality and quirks, she has exploitable weaknesses and original, balanced powers (the names themselves are hilarious XD) she has contact with one of the main characters, which is a possible Sue allert, but the way its played out its a good part of her background instead of Sueifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Hayate also became an instructor for Wave 3 as part of her command school training- as these were the first of the Neo-Velkans in the Bureau.
One bit of trouble here. Mid already had Neo Belka long before the Aces, as shown by Quint Nakajima.

Quote:
Slight problem, AMG's Heaven seems to be pretty much impenetrable to Unauthorized Personnel, including demons. So "destroying Heaven" is not possible in that way.
Heaven is hardly impenetrable concidering we have various intrusions in the anime and manga. Heck, one episode of the anime even had Mara be personally present in one of Heavens main offices (the episode where Beldandy's license is switched for a Demon one).

Quote:
Any enemy that could pose a threat to goddesses doing fieldwork ought to be dealt with, however. Trouble is, fieldwork is usually done by First-class goddesses. If they couldn't deal with it, it's certainly out of Keroko's league.
Hmm, true, but the Combat Division is there for a reason. How about she is to deal with the threats before they become a problem for the field workers? Not so much in the 'can destroy a first class goddess' way, but in the 'will distract a goddess from her assigned work' I imagine goddesses have schedules to keep, and the Combat Division is there to make sure the workers can stick to those schedules. They handle combat, Beldandy's class handles wishes.

Quote:
I think that little beast was a "gift" from Hild, her own creation. Belldandy did send it back to the Demon Realm after all.
Really? But heaven had knowledge about its existence. I was thinking it was a natural inhabitant of the Demon World.

Quote:
You're only half-right about that. If you've read Urd's 1st-class exam arc, you'll see that all goddesses aspire to get that First-class license. A lot of them may actually succeed. But, with the license divided into Limited and Unlimited categories and Limiters being more prevasive than in StrikerS, you can define available powers at your discretion. Your choice.
Hmm, in that case I think I will make her a First Class, Limited. It would give me more reign on her powers, while not immediately making her one of the strongest in the AMG universe.

Quote:

Spoiler for Doublet Matters:

Quote:
Hmm... So its not covering each others' weaknesses, more like boosting each others' strengths? Like Kouya would benefit from the extra mana from Keroko and the Relic and use rarer and more powerful cards and combos, and Belka enhancement would supplement his Worgen Regeneration, while Keroko'd would have access to his card buffs, since they'd then be shared between the two of them? And unlike other mage+minister teams, they fight back to back rather than 1 shielding the other?
That could work.

Quote:
Keroko must have Dragon Slave! XD
Yeah. No.

Quote:
And when its Zeit! adeatime!, I wonder Kouya gets as his powerup weapon... I had a Hand of Ragnaros at first, then the Dragon's Call and the Stormherald fought for the spot. Something related to dragons and fits well with the shaman outlook...
Oh, before I forget, the Negima Keroko has no relation to dragons whatsoever. Neltharion's corruption never happened in that universe. I figured the whole relation to Belka was enough major background, no need to add Neltharion to the mix.

Quote:
Oh.

And I REALLY need to catch up.
Yes you do. Start downloading. Now. Nodoka in cute white mage-ish suit awaits.

Quote:
Though with abilities resembling BoSK and BWM (probably nothing like Tracing I guess), not to mention access to a Relic, I wonder what kind of Knight Keroko was... It's almost like she was built like a successful Vivio clone.
Descendant, not a clone. She was a talented Knight trying to keep up dying traditions, unaware of her lineage.
Old 2008-07-23, 06:47   Link #2939
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
That could work.
Now just need to put the last touches. Rereading the chapters I've stopped at has been giving me a massive flood of inspiration.

Quote:
Yeah. No.
Nooooo~~~ ()

Quote:
Oh, before I forget, the Negima Keroko has no relation to dragons whatsoever. Neltharion's corruption never happened in that universe. I figured the whole relation to Belka was enough major background, no need to add Neltharion to the mix.
Ah kk... I've decided to settle for a belt anyway:

...goes with his newfound sentai outlook.

Quote:
Yes you do. Start downloading. Now. Nodoka in cute white mage-ish suit awaits.
At chapter 74. To date the Book Shop.

Nevertheless... YES, MEIN KAISERIN!!!

Quote:
Descendant, not a clone. She was a talented Knight trying to keep up dying traditions, unaware of her lineage.
Ah...

Erm... That sounded very... Da Vinci Code.

Not that I mind.
Old 2008-07-23, 06:56   Link #2940
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Now just need to put the last touches. Rereading the chapters I've stopped at has been giving me a massive flood of inspiration.
Deshou? 221 should be apearing soon as well.

Quote:
Ah kk... I've decided to settle for a belt anyway:

Spoiler:

...goes with his newfound sentai outlook.
More sentai?

Well, the manga already has the Mahorangers.

Quote:
At chapter 74. To date the Book Shop.
Ah, but in the recent chapters she actually wears the outfit.

Quote:
Ah...

Erm... That sounded very... Da Vinci Code.

Not that I mind.
I seem to be good at making references to stuff I've never read before.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content