AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-25, 16:25   Link #221
GDB

It definitely won't be 300 pounds. The popular price at the moment seems to be around 150 pounds ($250 dollars). However, there's no official price yet. There's supposed to be a lot of information coming out on the 29th, so we'll probably know around then.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 18:15   Link #222
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Think with the specs out most of the stuff has already been in the market for a while apart from the 3d screen so think it will launch at previous prices like Nintendo normally do.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 05:01   Link #223
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I don't think the price will be that significant of a barrier, for people, I never imagined I would pay so much for the original DS (what was it $150) and here we are 6 years and 130 million units later. Anyway my point is if it's below $250 people will eat it up, but higher than that and people will just wait out the first revision or price drop, in six years time it'll have sold 130 million units too.

btw I advise all of you to throw monies into Nintendo stock right NAO!!!!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-27, 10:49   Link #224
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rumor about release date & price :

Quote:
A German tabloid has seemingly jumped the gun on Nintendo's forthcoming announcement of the 3DS release date, reporting that it's to hit Japan on November 11 and hit Europe next Spring with a price tag of around 200 EUR (170 GBP/270 USD).

Bild is making the claim (spotted by NeoGAF), and while its sources are unclear it does chime in with other murmurings about the 3DS's release date. The report also outed Ocarina of Time 3DS, a new Professor Layton and Mario Kart 3DS as launch titles.

Nintendo is making an official announcement on September 29 at a Tokyo press event, though we're not expecting much in the way of firm news for territories outside of Japan.
If it's gonna be 200€ i think it's okay price for me . Less than PSP GO or like PSP 3000 though .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 11:53   Link #225
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok guys Nintendo got his conference . Here all the news :

Quote:
When the 3DS launches next year, the device will come packed will all sorts of accessories and functionality. Nintendo today detailed what are believed to the final 3DS specifications in a press release.

The system will come with a charging stand (pictured below), AC adapter, contactable touch pen, 2GB SD memory card, a starter guide, and other manuals.

The 3DS' dimensions when closed are 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall and weighs in at 8 ounces. The upper screen's dimensions are 3.53 inches, wide screen with naked eye 3D support, 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing), while the lower screen is 3.02 inches and 320x240 pixels

The 3DS includes three cameras, one on the inside and two on the outside. Each camera is 0.3 megapixels (640x480). Along with its traditional button inputs, the 3DS has a "Circle Pad" (360 degree analoge input), Touch Screen, Internal Mic, Motion Sensor, and Gyro Sensor. Other inputs include 3D Volume (can smoothly adjust degree of 3D output), Home Button (for opening the Home menu), Wireless Switch (can turn off wireless even while in mid-game).

The Nintendo 3DS game cartridges are the same size as the regular DS ones. The maximum memory will be 2 gigabytes as the system's launch. Battery life has not been detailed.

Nintendo also detailed many of the system's functionality features. Below is the list:

Enjoy 3D images with the naked eye on the top screen.

You can adjust the 3D volume to change the 3D feel, and can also make it 2D.

A stereo camera that can take 3D pictures
Includes 2 external cameras. When you take 3D pictures, they can be viewed on the spot.

New input interfaces
Slide Pad, Motion Sensor, Gyro Sensor

SpotPass
When the 3DS is in sleep mode, the system will automatically seek out Nintendo Zone and wireless LAN access points and will grab information, game data, free games, videos and other things from the internet.

StreetPass
When the 3DS is in sleep mode, it will automatically exchange data with other 3DS systems. The system can transfer data from multiple games simultaneously.

Functionality For Use Without Leaving Games

Home Menu, Internet Browser, Notice List

A Variety of Software Built In
Nintendo 3DS Camera, Nintendo 3DS Sound, Mii Studio*, StreetPass Mii Plaza*, AR Games*, Activity Log, etc. (* temp; direct translation from the Japanese)

Download Sales of Games
In addition to buying games, you can view introductory videos and rankings

Transfer Over Software and Data
You'll be able to transfer your already purchased download software to 3DS. This includes DSi Ware games from DSi and DSi LL. Nintendo notes there is a limited number of transfers allowed and that some software cannot be transferred.

Backwards Compatible
In addition to playing games made for 3DS, the system can also play DSi and DS games.

Parental Controls
You can set play restrictions based off game ratings. You can also limit browser use and other areas. Parental Controls have been improved over the DSi.

The 3DS is scheduled to launch in February in Japan for 25,000 yen (Around 295,9$ or 220,2€) Launch and pricing details for North America and Europe have not been announced. Edit : We can now confirm that Nintendo has announced the 3DS will be released in the United States and Europe in March.
I'm interested on the 3D , on those cameras which can take 3D pictures , on those news interfaces , the software can be good , fortunately this is compatible for DSI and DS Games ... lulz parental controls .

For the Spotpass and streetpass i think that they show it in this video :

Spoiler for Details:

So the price is 25000 yen . Which means that it can be 299,99$ for US and 229,99€ for EU , maybe .. Nintendo still can raise the price for US & EU . Who will buy it for more 299,99$ ? (For this price you can also buy a PS3 )

Here video for current line-up :

Spoiler for Game line-up:

Ow Biohazard Revelations & Mercenaries 3D look great .
Did i saw Final Fantasy Chronicle 3D ?
Also Dead or Alive , Starfox , Samurai Warrior , Paper Mario ....

For Metal Gear Solid 3D trailer :

Spoiler for o::

That looks awesome .

About Mercenaries 3D :

Quote:
Capcom is also slated to bring a new game called Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D which features the Mercenaries time-based missions from RE4 and RE5 fully realized for the 3DS.

The game includes new modes and characters, and WiFi connectivity for co-op online gameplay.
Games featured :

Quote:
# Samurai Warriors Chronicle (Tecmo Koei)
# Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom)
# Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (Capcom)
# Dynasty Warriors (Tecmo Koei)
# Ninja Gaiden (Tecmo Koei)
# Dead or Alive Dimensions (Tecmo Koei)
# Kingdom Hearts 3DS (Square Enix)
# Chocobo Racing 3D (Square Enix)
# Super Black Bass 3D (Star Fish SD)
# Super Monkey Ball (Sega)
# Sonic the Hedgehog 3DS (Sega)
# Rika-chan 3DS (Sega)
# Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
# Kid Icarus 3DS (Nintendo)
# Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo)
# Steel Diver (Nintendo)
# Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo)
# Mario Kart (Nintendo)
# PilotWings Resort (Nintendo)
# Paper Mario (Nintendo)
# The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS (Nintendo)
# Kororinpa Series (Hudson)
# Deca Sports 3DS Series (Hudson)
# Bomberman Series (Hudson)
# Mobile Suit Gundam Series (Namco Bandai)
# Super Robot Taisen 3DS Series (Namco Bandai)
# Dragon Ball Series (Namco Bandai)
# PacMan & Galaga (Namco Bandai)
# Ridge Racer (Namco Bandai)
# Harvest Moon 3D (Marvelous)
# Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level-5)
# Crash-City GP (Rocket Company)
# VS-Robo (Rocket Company)

# Class of Heroes 3Dx3D (Acquire)
# Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D (Ubisoft)
# Ghost Recon Tactics (Ubisoft)
# Splinter Cell Chaos Theory 3D (Ubisoft)
# Driver 3D (Ubisoft)
# Megaman Legend 3 (Capcom)
# Tales of the Abyss 3DS (Namco Bandai)
# Project LovePlus - Ow lol (Konami)
Super Robot Taisen 3DS series ? ow looking forward . Hope they'll improve it .

Edit : More info .

Quote:
Nintendo has revealed that its upcoming 3DS will allow users to digitally purchase legacy Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance games for the first time.

The news came from a press conference held in Japan tonight.

No specific titles were announced, though screenshots from Super Mario Land (Game Boy) and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (Game Boy Color) were shown in a demonstration.

Super Street Fighter 4 3DS :

I lol for the part "A new warrior has entering the ring" The guy : Eh? Who's it ?

Last edited by -Sho-; 2010-09-29 at 12:30.
Old 2010-09-29, 12:21   Link #226
Sides

Wuho, WPA/WPA2 support, first mainstream handheld console to support this, i think. Transferable, DSi shop, software is also and big plus, besides virtual console.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 13:59   Link #227
Qikz

I just reserved mine from PlayAsia. I'm learning Japanese so I want to be able to get Japanese games and it's region locked I think, so I'd rather not miss out on games that'll never get localised and play them. So hopefully that means I've got one secured.

Can't wait for the consoles release, such a good lineup! <3
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 16:36   Link #228
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i just can't justified $300 on a handheld. going to have to wait for a price drop to $200.
Old 2010-09-29, 17:45   Link #229
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i just can't justified $300 on a handheld. going to have to wait for a price drop to $200.
Yen-price wise, it's only a slight increase from DSi XL. Blame your currency conversion. Whatever happens, Nintendo will resist selling 3DS at a loss. They would rather take the lower sales to begin with, with eventual hardware updates leading to lower manufacturing costs that allow them to lower the price.

I was never planning to buy the 1st edition of 3DS to begin with. I will wait for the 2nd batch/release.
(Just got a 2nd hand DSi yesterday. Nice update of my old DS.)
Old 2010-09-29, 17:47   Link #230
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Oh wallet, why do you scorn me so?
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 18:00   Link #231
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Its definitely not gonna be $300, Japanese price doesn't directly translate to EU/NA prices. If it is around $300 for Japan then its gonna be something like $250 for NA.
Old 2010-09-29, 18:36   Link #232
wingman32x

Yeah, this pretty much confirms that it won't be under $250. Oh well, doesn't matter to me because I was preparing for a $250-300 price anyway.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 19:42   Link #233
GDB

My only fear is that it's going to be region locked. About 40% of my DS games are Japanese, and I have no reason to believe it'd be much different for a 3DS (maybe 20-30% instead of 40%, but still). Not buying two different region 3DS's, but I really don't want my library selection to drop.
Old 2010-09-29, 19:43   Link #234
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Considering that the DSi was region locked, I see no reason why they would change their stance on this.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 19:49   Link #235
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Considering that the DSi was region locked, I see no reason why they would change their stance on this.
You never know. The PS2 was region locked, but the PS3 isn't.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 19:58   Link #236
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
My only fear is that it's going to be region locked. About 40% of my DS games are Japanese, and I have no reason to believe it'd be much different for a 3DS (maybe 20-30% instead of 40%, but still). Not buying two different region 3DS's, but I really don't want my library selection to drop.
You're so lucky that you're able to speak/read Japanese. There are so many japanese games I want to try such as Love Plus, Okamiden, etc.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 20:20   Link #237
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Higher quality version of the video reel from the conference: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/confer...upMovHigh.html

Good grief, RR looks terrible. What the heck, Namco, did you just have the interns do the work?
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 20:43   Link #238
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
You're so lucky that you're able to speak/read Japanese. There are so many japanese games I want to try such as Love Plus, Okamiden, etc.
Well, I can only do the basic levels. If I could do advanced levels, I'd probably have twice as many Japanese games, including the aforementioned Love Plus.

One of the Japanese games is actually a kanji dictionary, with a built-in Game&Watch set of games.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:02   Link #239
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Wow, the gameplay and screenshots from OoT really blew me away. The graphics on this thing are so smooth, and probably even better with the 3D effects. And Paper Mario for the 3DS as well? This thing is really exciting me. Does anyone know if it is a new Paper Mario or a remake? The footage showed some frog type of technique that wasn't in the original.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 10:25   Link #240
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
Okamiden will be released in US and EU as well ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, I can only do the basic levels. If I could do advanced levels, I'd probably have twice as many Japanese games, including the aforementioned Love Plus.

One of the Japanese games is actually a kanji dictionary, with a built-in Game&Watch set of games.
I agree , if i could read/talk very well japanese i would have more japanese games which aren't released outside of Japan .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Wow, the gameplay and screenshots from OoT really blew me away. The graphics on this thing are so smooth, and probably even better with the 3D effects. And Paper Mario for the 3DS as well? This thing is really exciting me. Does anyone know if it is a new Paper Mario or a remake? The footage showed some frog type of technique that wasn't in the original.
I think it's not a remake . I didn't see a mention about remake so .

Anyway Square Enix might make a remake for Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII on 3DS :

Quote:
For years everyone has wanted a PlayStation 3 remake of Final Fantasy VII, but would you settle for a 3DS remake of the Japan-only cell phone RPG prequel Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII instead? Well you may not necessarily get that, either, but Square Enix producer Hajime Tabata is at least considering the prospect.

In a post on his Twitter account, Tabata revealed his interest in an updated Before Crisis port. "If I were to make something for 3DS, I suppose it would be a remake of Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII," his tweet reads (via Andriasang). "I'd redo the scenario structure and game design for the 3DS. I think I'd like to make an action RPG BCFF7 where a large number of Turks players play simultaneously."

Tabata made clear, though, that this does not constitute an announcement, although he did also add that both Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase are interested in doing a 3DS remake as well. But with Tabata currently working on both The 3rd Birthday for PSP and Final Fantasy Agito XIII for the PSP, he's too busy to seriously consider remaking Before Crisis for now.

For those unfamiliar, Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII was part of the "Compellation of Final Fantasy VII" project that also included games like Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus, as well as the CG movie Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Before Crisis was set (as the name implies) before the events of Final Fantasy VII, following the mysterious group known as The Turks. It was only released for Japanese cell phones, so most in America never got a chance to play it.
Well , i think that we have to wait until Agito and 3rd birthday will be released .

Explanation for 3DS price :

Quote:
So we know that the 3DS won't launch until early next year because of supply shortages. Now the next question: Why was it priced at $300 bucks? Evidently, we can partly blame our own inability to keep a strong poker face -- or at least that's what Nintendo president Satoru Iwata seems to be suggesting.

As you no doubt know by now, the 3DS was recently set for release in Japan on February 26 for 25000 yen, or roughly $300. There have been complaints that that's a higher price than expected, and Bloomberg Japan reports that during a meeting with analysts, someone suggested to Iwata that the price might be too high. Iwata's response (according to Andriasang's translation): Nintendo simply priced the 3DS according to a "number of factors," one of which being "reactions to the system's E3 reveal."

Certainly, when Nintendo revealed the 3DS at E3 and gave those in attendance their first chance to get their hands on the handheld, many came away impressed. The lesson, apparently, is for everyone to keep their damn mouths shut about it next time if they know what's good for them.
Eh? ..

Anyway , now i want to know the software prices ..

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds