AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-23, 06:53   Link #441
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I love when gg translator capitalize Zen's name I still believe that he's the original Fudo Gen, but hey, if he's that fabulous then I don't mind at all

Quote:
Awesome cross-dimensional team up time! And possibly a combination attack!
Hissatsu : Double Mugen Punch.

Quote:
Though I don't think they are reincarnations. As Gen Fudo now going by the name Zen Fudo (How very imaginative) implied to be a immortal human who was the third pilot of Aquarion.
I thought the 3rd pilot was Scorpius?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 07:05   Link #442
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
noticed how she told mikono straight out that she is always thinking negatively. hello reika are you in her? lol
Well Reika is important but not elaborated upon in the TV series but the OVA.

In the OVA the reason why Aquarion is made up of three Vectors is that it needs a third person to temper the passion between Apollonius and Celiane. As that passion can destroy the world. Reika who is the reincarnation of Scorpius is that person. Yes the Principal's concern was valid with Aquarion but he doesn't have knowledge of the events 24,000 years ago.

OVA Reika felt such a regret for her past life and current actions that she was willing to pay for it even if she was cursed with misfortune. Asking Apollo and Silvia to trust her again.

As a effect TV series Reika is always unlucky and depressed.

Gen Fudo did say "One soul can become two and three souls can become one" referencing Apollo, Sirius and Silvia being reincarnations of Apollonius and Celiane.

Here while it is implied that Mikono is Silvia reincarnated it seems she also by extension inherited Reika's soul along with her brother Cayene. Cayene having Reika's power of visions. While Mikono too Reika's sense of misfortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
In the TV series it is implied to be Gen Fudo. But remember much like Deava and Neo Deava the civilization of Sangrila had Elements as support for Aquarion.

While Apollonius and Celiane are the main pilots they need a third one.

Also we are talking about two canonically different universes. Some events are similar some are different. Though there is an implication that OVA Apollo, Silvia and Reika created a parallel universe. Their actions causing a dimensional disturbance just before Pierre and Silvia found Apollo with his gang. The snowstorm being an effect of it. As well as Apollo's name slipping to Silvia's mind and Reika's vision that sent them to that place to find Apollo.

I also notice in episode 2 that Altea or Altair has the same type of gun emplacements as Neo Hong Kong. Kagura calls the world they are invading Vega. Given that Neo Deava believes that they are being invaded by beings from another dimension one can't discount that these two worlds are parallel universes. Probably the OVA and TV series univeses.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-01-23 at 07:20.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 07:10   Link #443
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
It's been a while since I last saw Aquarion, but if I'm not mistaken, the TV Series never did reveal how Scorpius looked like, and despite Reika being initially hinted to be Scorpius's reincarnation...

Well, we all know how the whole 'assumed reincarnation' thing in Aquarion turned out.

At least as far the TV series went, there were definitely implications that Scorpius is Gen/Zen. ( who's been alive for 24,000 years and counting )

The OVA, of course, involved Scorpius heavily in the plot as Reika. But Sirius is also dead in said timeline, so things are different.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 07:36   Link #444
ReddyRedWolf

As said Gen Fudo isn't Scorpius. Reika is Scorpius. Much like the events in the OVA universe and TV series universe being different. The war between Atlandia and Sangrila was the same but different. In the OVA universe it is Scorpius that is the third pilot for the final battle of that war but in the TV universe it is Gen Fudo.

In the OVA the Aquarion wasn't found but the Assault Aquarions were still developed, Apollo didn't meet Baron instead raised by his grandfather in a forest, all Shadow Angels but Toma and Otoha were still frozen.
Old 2012-01-23, 07:56   Link #445
mayumi

I think jin said something interesting about how he wonders if aqaurion evol is just as strong as the original one. So does that mean that the alternate dimension guys also had a aquarion at some point.

I also thought amata was a little taken in by sharde

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-01-23 at 08:08.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 08:08   Link #446
ReddyRedWolf

Well they do have a Shadow Angel as a source. In the OVA Touma died with a Mugen Punch. In the TV series Touma sacrificed himself with Apollo and Sirius in Aquarion to save Earth from being destroyed.

Whether Mykage is Touma we don't now yet.
Old 2012-01-23, 08:44   Link #447
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Do keep in mind that in the original series, DEVA's operations are world-wide. Given that the official site also shows off a city similar to San Francisco, it's likely that Neo-DEVA is also an international operation, and thus not limited to just one city or country.
heh, yes. But there was also the fact that Kawamori took the trouble to annouce the show (iirc, no source cited) at C3 in Hong Kong a year back. The early interviews suggested some significance to the setting, and some of it remains in the OP, but I doubt it's a big deal. Karamori already made a SF-based anime

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-01-23 at 09:06.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 09:03   Link #448
thirdlc

Quote:
Q&A Session with Shoji Kawamori about the series, translated on a certain imageboard:

So essentially, EVOL is to Aquarion what Frontier is to Macross: a sequel that combines aspects of its alternate retelling predecessors.
Ah, no.
Quote:
Q: Is EVOL a sequel to the TV series or the OVA?
A: It's set in an alternate continuity that combines common details between the two works.
That's a mistranslation. It should be:
Q: Is the OVA of the previous series a sequel of the previous TV series?
A: It's a parallel universe. However, the event 12,000 years ago is common because it happened before time and space diverged.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 10:26   Link #449
Ypocaramel

Spoiler for Aquarion Disaster:
Old 2012-01-23, 10:39   Link #450
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Spoiler for Aquarion Disaster:
Unfortunately for that theory, the moon itself is still intact as can be seen in the Mugen Punch sequence. So the asteroid belt around the current Earth must've come from somewhere else.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 10:51   Link #451
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
A: It's a parallel universe. However, the event 12,000 years ago is common because it happened before time and space diverged.
Hmm..since the tv series is set in parallel universe (if we take what the text had stated during the OVA final moment) then EVOL might occurred in TV series universe? I still don't think we can ignore the possibility that those two worlds in EVOL represents both ova and tv universe...

If we take account on what happened to the world during the OVA (where almost every population is either frozen or become prana) then it makes sense that Kagura's world is that desolated.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 11:08   Link #452
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm confused about Amata... why does he sometimes use "Ore" and other times "Boku", it's like the VA can't make up his mind
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 11:28   Link #453
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Unfortunately for that theory, the moon itself is still intact as can be seen in the Mugen Punch sequence. So the asteroid belt around the current Earth must've come from somewhere else.
Should really watch the whole episode before posting then, heh.
Old 2012-01-23, 11:43   Link #454
KBTKaiser

JUST A REMINDER.

EVOL might not take place on Earth. Izumo of the Abductors labeled their planets Altair(Abductor) and Vega(Neo Deava).
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 11:56   Link #455
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
JUST A REMINDER.

EVOL might not take place on Earth. Izumo of the Abductors labeled their planets Altair(Abductor) and Vega(Neo Deava).
Its symbolic. What else does Altair and Vega stand for besides stars? Hikoboshi and Orihime of course.

Kagura crossed the dimensions just to get his own wench.
Old 2012-01-23, 12:46   Link #456
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm confused about Amata... why does he sometimes use "Ore" and other times "Boku", it's like the VA can't make up his mind
In Japanese the pronoun you use can change according to the situation. You can use "ore" with guys but "boku" with girls for example.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 12:52   Link #457
Akarin

I believe that green will win. ;_;
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 13:35   Link #458
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Love Forbidden.... wow what a setback!
Old 2012-01-23, 13:36   Link #459
cyberdemon

a little thought concerning scorpius. I'd say likely Fudo and Reika are both him. Fudo isn't a reincaration but scorpius himself. after the events of 12000 years before the first series, scorpius was killed or maybe overcome with guilt and commited suicide. Maybe his element though kept his consciousness on the earth which is Gen/ Zen who is helping the reincarnations to Apollonius and Celiane to attone for his betrayal. While Reika is more appropriately a proper reincarnation of Scorpius. Kinda like the split that happened to Celiane.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 14:15   Link #460
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Oh man, Mugen Punching fools into oblivion and ridiculous reasoning that's what Aquarion is all about.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction