AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-22, 19:52   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
One thing you have to like about Miu is that she can be quite bold in her behavior. It's like she doesn't care sometimes.
There's no one like Miu.. at all.

Maybe that's why She's so special, or the fact that she's just.. well Miu. ^^
Old 2005-12-22, 19:58   Link #22
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Maybe that's why She's so special, or the fact that she's just.. well Miu. ^^
I'd wager it's both when it comes to Miu. It's the fact she stands out, but she stands out because she's Miu. Either way she's definitely evil, but I still like her.
Old 2005-12-22, 20:17   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev
I'd wager it's both when it comes to Miu. It's the fact she stands out, but she stands out because she's Miu. Either way she's definitely evil, but I still like her.
At the end of the day.. i'm Nobue all the way.

Its not just a fanboy obsession when it comes towards me loving Nobue.. its much much more then that. And i think i'll stop there before i make myself sound even more lame. ^^;
Old 2005-12-22, 21:00   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's no doubt that Orikasa Fumiko/Miu steals the show. The scene where she is beating recorders on a desk and singing all through a test, then complains to the teacher that Chise won't show her her answers is just beyond belief.

But I can't help loving Nobue-oneesan. The role really made me notice her seiyuu, Nabatame Hitomi. Her warm tone of voice and her caring for her little sisters (in both proper and improper ways) just shines through.

As for Kawasumi Ayako, I actually think she is the least effective in this show, despite the fact I also think she is the top pro of all right now (with Orikasa Fumiko a close second). When you look at her roles, they are just all over the map, and she does them all well: Lafiel, Aoi in Ai Yori Aoshi, Kurau in Kurau Phantom Memory, Tazusa in Ginban Kaleidoscope (the show's just okay, but Kawasumi-san is great), Asami in Okusama wa Joshi Kousei, Fuu in Samurai Champloo, etc. She can be very tough and very tender.

Maybe I shouldn't, but I also like seiyuus that don't have great range, or even are amateurs. Sometimes they can make a certain role really work. Like Honda Youko as Ichika in Uta~Kata; or the amateur Hara Fumina, with her flat unexpressive voice as Kokoro in Aishiteruze Baby; or Kudou Haruka's barely expressive voice as Hagu in Honey and Clover (she is now becoming more professional as Haruka in Noein).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2005-12-22, 21:33   Link #25
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
At the end of the day.. i'm Nobue all the way.
Where as I will remain in the Anna Coppola camp myself. She's just plain cute and etc. Plus there is just something about the idea of a girl who has trouble remembering her own language. I also love her voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
There's no doubt that Orikasa Fumiko/Miu steals the show. The scene where she is beating recorders on a desk and singing all through a test, then complains to the teacher that Chise won't show her her answers is just beyond belief.
That right there is a perfect example of why Miu is such an interesting character. I mean it takes someone like her to pull something like that. Right out in the open too.
Old 2005-12-22, 21:38   Link #26
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
I loved miu's bit in the last episode where she complained to the teacher about chi being kechi for not treating her.
Old 2005-12-23, 08:38   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The scene where she is beating recorders on a desk and singing all through a test, then complains to the teacher that Chise won't show her her answers is just beyond belief.
That there has to be in my top 5 Miu moments. ^^

Quote:
But I can't help loving Nobue-oneesan. The role really made me notice her seiyuu, Nabatame Hitomi. Her warm tone of voice and her caring for her little sisters (in both proper and improper ways) just shines through.
I first ever heard Hitomi's amazing seiyuu work in UG Ultimate Girls. I never thought much of her then.. but i knew it was a voice i really coud get used too. From then i heard Her in many different roles.. upto untill i heard her in Ichigo Mashimaro as my all time favourite - Nobue. From then on i feel in love, not only with the Seiyuu but also the character, i just see them as being made together.

Now i'm listening to Hitomi in another great show i'm enjoying. She's working in Shakugan no SHANA as Margery Daw. A very differnt job for her compared to Nobue. She's doing a brilliant job.. and i can see Nobue inside her. ^^
Old 2005-12-23, 11:31   Link #28
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:

As for Kawasumi Ayako, I actually think she is the least effective in this show, despite the fact I also think she is the top pro of all right now (with Orikasa Fumiko a close second). When you look at her roles, they are just all over the map, and she does them all well: Lafiel, Aoi in Ai Yori Aoshi, Kurau in Kurau Phantom Memory, Tazusa in Ginban Kaleidoscope (the show's just okay, but Kawasumi-san is great), Asami in Okusama wa Joshi Kousei, Fuu in Samurai Champloo, etc. She can be very tough and very tender.

Maybe I shouldn't, but I also like seiyuus that don't have great range, or even are amateurs. Sometimes they can make a certain role really work. Like Honda Youko as Ichika in Uta~Kata; or the amateur Hara Fumina, with her flat unexpressive voice as Kokoro in Aishiteruze Baby; or Kudou Haruka's barely expressive voice as Hagu in Honey and Clover (she is now becoming more professional as Haruka in Noein).
Always held that Ori-Fumi has owned near every single show she is credited in, to the point of stealing the spotlight from the leads :P. Not only because of an amazing range of voices and the uncanny ability to emote right to the core of the character she plays, but the very rare talent of switching very quickly both voice and personality to a polar opposite in character [like Kuchiki Rukia-Drama Queen No1. ]. Great for those Tsundere types that is so popular today, one minute the psychotic/PMS monster and the next an ocean of moe .

There is maybe a handful of other seiyuu with this ability, Aya Hisakawa is a total master in this [see Karin], so is Kuwashima Houko and Tanaka Rie. Ami Koshimizu looks to have the gift as well if Eureka7 and Mai-otome is anything to go by. But I digress, looking at the set of personality quirks Miu has requires someone able to go deep into the annoyingly cute and too smart for their own good part of their childhood: and project it with the force of a nuclear bomb. If that cast talk video is any indication, Ori-fumi might be the only person on the planet able to pull it off

Have to agree that Ayako Kawasumi was rather weak in this show, but that had more to do with the writing for the character than any reflection of her actual ability. It's no mistake that 4 out of 5 times her roles tend to sink into the background, especially when there is a stronger one around [read- Miu]. But Matsuri is cute overload and that kitten outfit she has should be outlawed as a dangerous brainmushing weapon.

Mamiko Noto as Anna was the major suprise. The lost child of the group, her foreignness yet completely Japanese assimilated nature has turned her into an alien creature to be cuddled over. The Mamiko has somehow managed to infuse anger, frustration and desperation into a package resembling a live time bomb. Fortunately, Nobue and Matsuri are around to put back the pieces of a spirited yet emotionally fragile young girl.

Saeko Chiba was sort of a spare here, bullied by her elders, tortured by Miu and having to serve as a stand in guardian for Anna and Matsuri when Nobue isn't around to save them from Miu. She is impressive by being unimpressive, because like in the army it is a thankless job for someone to hold the rear- but someone still has to do it >_<

Hitomi Nabatame I already noticed in her debut role in Tsukihime. It appears she has become a class of big sister on her own, the laid-back and easily irritated sort. But that's a good thing because the girl is the anchor of this show as both narrator and caretaker of a diverse crew of sugar loaded kids. Fun looking at the kids push all her buttons and wait for the inevitable explosion Still, getting it right the first time is a rare feat, but those who do have solid careers because of that first impression.

I mentioned earlier that this is an amazing group of seiyuu to be in one show [PPD is another with a total powerhouse crew], not only because they are great as individuals but more for their ability to be in character and solidly cover for one another. Now, let us all pray they are reunited to do a special because they make such a great team .
Old 2005-12-23, 12:36   Link #29
Srin Tuar
無謀

wow, im surprised at how the seiyuu's are objects of worship.
Honestly, Idont remember any of their names, and only
recognize the most obvious of them.

(the guy who does jiraiya from naruto and the girl who did haduki in tukuyomi moon phase)
both have very distinctive voices and they show up everywhere.

The girl who did the main characters in petopeto and gakuen alice is also one of my favorites.
I dont know her name, but I know shes the reason i think kansaiben is cute.

if only there was a short page on the most popular contemporary seiyuu, with a short
intro and list of projects for each...
Old 2005-12-23, 21:11   Link #30
NeoSam

苺ましまろ
Ichigo Mashimaro

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh
For now there are 4 volumes released of this seinen manga, here are the covers:

Genre: Seinen, Comedy.

Ichigo Mashimaro is a seinen manga/anime.

There is also a visual book which will be released on january 2006, here is the cover:

Old 2005-12-25, 14:57   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
wow, im surprised at how the seiyuu's are objects of worship. Honestly, I don't remember any of their names, and only recognize the most obvious of them....if only there was a short page on the most popular contemporary seiyuu, with a short intro and list of projects for each...
Sounded like a good idea, so I began one:
http://hashihime.atspace.com/Hashi_seiyuus.html

Just a beginning. I'll add to and change it as time goes by. Suggestions welcome. I think the "objects of worship" aspect (I plead guilty) is amplified when you see their pictures, read about them, read interviews, see videos, etc. I'm really only beginning to recognize more than the most obvious voices (Saitou Chiwa and Inoue Kikuko, for example) myself. But I'm convinced that the voice acting is almost as important to a good anime as the animation itself.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2005-12-25, 16:26   Link #32
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:

Just a beginning. I'll add to and change it as time goes by. Suggestions welcome. I think the "objects of worship" aspect (I plead guilty) is amplified when you see their pictures, read about them, read interviews, see videos, etc. I'm really only beginning to recognize more than the most obvious voices (Saitou Chiwa and Inoue Kikuko, for example) myself. But I'm convinced that the voice acting is almost as important to a good anime as the animation itself.

Wow, excellent site.
Old 2005-12-25, 18:35   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm happy to see that your passion about Seiyuu's has gone into that site.. i love it. *Bookmarks*

You just need to add Haruko Momoi & Nabatame Hitomi! <3
Old 2005-12-26, 03:16   Link #34
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:

Couldn't you find a better picture for Ueda Kana and Chiwa?

I take it that you are an avid person that goes to http://www.geek-p.com/ for seiyuu internet radios.
Old 2005-12-26, 07:50   Link #35
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Couldn't you find a better picture for Ueda Kana and Chiwa? I take it that you are an avid person that goes to http://www.geek-p.com/ for seiyuu internet radios.
Thanks for the tip about the internet radios, kj1980. As for pictures, those were just what I had (although I like the awkward close-ups; it's some of the others that I'd most like to change, such as your lady Mamimami). This is just a first draft. I'll try to keep improving on it as I get time. Are there similar Japanese pages I can borrow/steal pics and info from? I'll be looking at home pages and agency pages to see if sound clips are possible for some of the artists.
Old 2006-01-20, 08:00   Link #36
plato

Send a message via ICQ to plato Send a message via MSN to plato Send a message via Yahoo to plato
Ichigo Mashimaro

It seems old thread is missing? What do you think about this anime?

Some people think this is loli & yuri.. But I think it's only cute..

Especially in ep.2 LMAO..
Old 2006-01-20, 08:05   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25888

Taken me one minute to find.
Old 2006-01-25, 03:11   Link #38
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by plato
It seems old thread is missing? What do you think about this anime?

Some people think this is loli & yuri.. But I think it's only cute..

Especially in ep.2 LMAO..
That's mostly because the anime was heavily censored.
They even changed some parts of the stories (and/or skipped) just to avoid any kind of fanservice.
Old 2006-01-25, 08:34   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Having Nobue at the age of 20 in the anime was wrong i say.. i know it had to be done and all - but there's no way Nobue's a 20 year old. ^^;
Old 2006-01-26, 00:54   Link #40
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Having Nobue at the age of 20 in the anime was wrong i say.. i know it had to be done and all - but there's no way Nobue's a 20 year old. ^^;
I actually disagree with that. I think it's more funny when she has behave like the adult when she and the girls are around other people. F'rinstance, at the festival and the family restaurant.

I really like this anime, I agree that the voice acting is superb. My favorite examples of that are when Miu imitates the voices of Ana and Mitsuri. Out of the hundreds of animes I've seen, I think I've only heard that in only two other animes... in Ranma 1/2 (where Kunou was talking like Nabiki) and Azumanga Daioh (where Tomo imitated Chiyo on the phone in order to trick Yomi).
Have y'all got to listen to the drama CDs? Even though I can understand only 15-20% of what they are saying, they are still very funny. And oh, mamma, the OST is excellent, too. I especially like the variations on the two-note "main theme". (If you get the OST, you'll know what I'm talking about.)

This anime is probably going to be in my top 20 favorites list, out of the over 800 different animes I've seen. It probably would have been higher if not for the shortness of the series, and just too much skin of too young of girls . I applaud the effort not to show panties or nudity, but there are too many bath scenes and tank tops for my tastes. I prefer the more conservative pretty-girl animes like AzuDai.

-k

curious
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, loli, seinen, slice of life