AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 18.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 9.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 54.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-08, 08:34   Link #421
rinichan

thank you so much for the videos... I cant wait for it to be subbed...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:47   Link #422
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
I also saw a pic from a booklet from the Akito premiere that confirms both Akito and OZ happen at the same time before R2 and after R1. I hope we get a crossover.
Well, it's already been confirmed that the Glinda Knights were supposed to be heading to St. Petersburg to join the invasion forces there in the current manga chapters (suggesting that the events of the first Akito episode, which take place after the conquering of St. Petersburg, still haven't happened yet), so assuming they don't get side-tracked, the chances of them running into the people from Akito the Exiled is pretty high, at least in a one-chapter cameo format. (The crossover would only be in the manga, though.)
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 15:18   Link #423
gordol
Banned

reposting this for discussion:

Quote:
i was thinking about something, when R2 was to be released there was a mention of a legendary EU commander that was holding the Britannian invasion, however they scrapped this in the anime.

Could Leyla be this commander and her ultimate loss allowed Britannia to finally win over the EU. So Leyla and her W-0 unit hold back even Knights of Round for the whole year between R1 and R2

I also saw a pic from a booklet from the Akito premiere that confirms both Akito and OZ happen at the same time before R2 and after R1. I hope we get a crossover.
Now mecha relateded: the ill fated Gloucester uses swords that should be MVS but they only emit a blue light from the hilt, new effect or different technology?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 23:21   Link #424
Xander

ANN claims the first OVA will be released on DVD/BD on August 26, but they do not provide any Japanese source for that piece of information.

Only Crunchyroll says so...but they don't give us a source either. If it's taken from the monthly magazine leaks, which is possible, you'd think they would specify this.

It's also odd that there's no pre-order listing yet, so...can anyone verify if that date has shown up anywhere else?

Link: here

This will probably be a non-issue, if true, but I'd rather ask first.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 22:32   Link #425
Lost Cause

Good call Xander! I'd like to know who licensed it already?
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 00:14   Link #426
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Images
magazine scans
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-10, 07:15   Link #427
Xander

New website update. For those interested, there's an interview with the director here:
http://www.geass.jp/akito/interview.html

And they've also uploaded a few preview pictures for the 2nd chapter of the OVA (including Suzaku and C.C. for those wondering if that's true):
http://www.geass.jp/akito/story.html

Closer view of Alexander's "Insect Mode" here:
http://www.geass.jp/akito/kmf_alexander.html

Character relationship chart (kind of pointless, but mostly notable for not connecting Akito to anyone right now):
http://www.geass.jp/akito/correlative.html
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 07:25   Link #428
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Looks like I'm a bit late in talking about this, but here are the new updates mentioned by Xander.

This is a image of the Alexander's Insect Mode.

This is chart that clarify's the relationships and hierarchy of all the characters that have appeared so far.

There is also the first part of an interview with the ova's director, Akane Kazuki, which I will upload later today after translating it.

And finally, the spoiler images for the next episode. They also give the episode 2's title, which I roughly translate as "The Torn-Up Wyvern" (引き裂かれし翼竜). (Any corrections to this would be appreciated.) The site says it is coming out in spring 2013.

Spoiler for Akito Episode 2 Spoiler Images:
Old 2012-08-10, 08:51   Link #429
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
So, Suzaku could be really the character kill them all at the end.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 13:15   Link #430
gordol
Banned

-Ayane's Alexander custom weapon seems to be a KMF version of her blade
-Leyla will pilot, and her Alexander seems to have a halo
-Prepare your hearts for Akito X Suzaku in glorious CGI
Old 2012-08-10, 15:44   Link #431
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Lancelot in CGI. (If they do it well, it will be truly magnificent.) And just imagining a fight between Suzaku and Akito gives me goosebumps. Since they're both Geassed (though Akito's is still uncertain), watching a full-out battle between them will likely be awesomeness incarnate. Damn, I wish we didn't have to wait until next spring for this.
Old 2012-08-10, 16:45   Link #432
gordol
Banned

10 bucks OVA 2 ends with Lancelot arriving in the battlefield, the short but awesome fight will be in OVA 3 and will end in a draw by outside interference.

Anyone excited to see what custom Britannian KMF they'll give us, I bet Akito's evil brother will get an entirely new MKF design.
Old 2012-08-10, 17:18   Link #433
wredsa

Someone should open a "Akito the Exiled OVA episode 1" thread. That way this thread would not be overloaded.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 18:41   Link #434
Lost Cause

LANCELOT vs ALEXANDER! That is so going to ROCK!
@gordol, you mentioned an outside force intervening in the initial melee. Any thoughts as to who or what that may be?
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-10, 21:21   Link #435
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Alright, here's the interview from the Akito website. Honestly, I'm a little less confident in this translation than usual, but the uncertainties I have are largely on the discussion of the 3D CG, so please forgive the roughness of that that.

Quote:
Interview with Director Akane Kazuki (First Part)

To the point that I can believe and say "this is good" about "Akito"

-"Code Geass: Akito the Exiled” has finally been completed. First, please tell me about your impressions about it.

To be honest, I was really worried when we were making it. But, now that I’ve finally seen the finished product, I was able to be relieved thinking that “this is good”. Afterwards, I was happy when I saw how everyone enjoyed it at the theater.

-Where did you have troubled when you were producing “Akito”?

We had to make the characters and stories from zero, but we also had to bring it close to the atmosphere of the original work in some way. That was difficult. The perfect original was still flexible (Laugh). Even with the character balance, I would wonder if it was okay like this. Producer Kawaguchi and the others were saying we “could do as we like” as well, but in this world with so many fans of “Code Geass”, I would say that we really didn’t have any freedom at all to do as we liked. Our biggest worry was how much feeling of distance to put between “Lelouch of the Rebellion” and “Akito the Exiled”. Because of this problem which nothing could be done even after we had already considered this in terms of just the characters, it was only after we had finally made the drawings, produced the music and inserted the words that what we had thought that this wasn’t wrong. During that, it took time for the continuity of the images and I also got angry (Laugh), but as expected it couldn’t be done so simply and easily.

-What in the worldview of “Code Geass” did you originally feel attracted by?

What I liked in the original “Lelouch of the Rebellion” is that Japan has been occupied by Britannia and has been “erased” from the world. At first, there was also a suggestion from Producer Kawaguchi to make the protagonist someone from the EU, but I really wanted to use someone Japanese (Eleven) here. Like that, the protagonist of Akito was completed.

-When talking about the challenges of “Akito”, you used 3D CG to animate the Knightmares.

We were told by Producer Kawaguchi “Why don’t you try using 3D CG for Knightmare scenes?”…So I commissioned the 3D CG animation director Inomoto Eiji-kun to do this work. I’ve gotten along with him for 10 years and I have absolute trust in him.

-What is the point of the 3D CG this time?

It isn’t the CG method used in live-action films, nor the substitution of simple cell images. We brought hand-drawn anime-expressions and used new 3D CG expressions. Thinking that this could be utilized to the full, we challenged ourselves by making the action scenes long due to complicated camera work and incorporating 5 actions in one cut. When the stage setting entered the waterside as well, we made a high-quality setting of great difficulty by making a sheet of spray rise every time the Alexander moved. I said “if it’s difficult, fighting on ground is also fine” to Inomoto-kun, but he did the water’s surface precisely (Laugh). One of the amazing things about him was that he also drew the effect of the spray of water and explosions in precise 3D CG as well. This time the 2D animator didn’t draw a rough original, but Inomoto-kun was to directly make the action from the picture continuity. I think that, by using 3D CG, the new image/picture that we aimed for this time was achieved with a large degree of completion.

-Then, please tell me about the characters in the sequel.
The rest of the interview will come out at an unknown date, where we will hopefully learn a few details about the second episode.
Old 2012-08-11, 11:39   Link #436
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
And finally, the spoiler images for the next episode. They also give the episode 2's title, which I roughly translate as "The Torn-Up Wyvern" (引き裂かれし翼竜). (Any corrections to this would be appreciated.) The site says it is coming out in spring 2013.

Spoiler for Akito Episode 2 Spoiler Images:
Whoah!

Spoiler for question:

Even if this sidestory starts in between S1 and R2, it still makes me curious as to how far into R2 this story will go?
Old 2012-08-11, 12:44   Link #437
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Whoah!

Spoiler for question:

Even if this sidestory starts in between S1 and R2, it still makes me curious as to how far into R2 this story will go?
It's supposed to take place between seasons, so it's long enough for Suzaku to get his posting. Probably going to last up till where R2 starts, since we know for a matter of fact the EU war goes downhill by then.
Old 2012-08-11, 12:53   Link #438
gordol
Banned

Well Suzaku is already a Rounds by the OVA's timeline and will earn his nickname White Death for massacring the E.U army, by R2 time the EU has lost Iberia, France, Half of Africa and the entirety of Russia. Suzaku, Scheneizel and other rounds played a big part in this and will likely have cameos.

The only 2 know Code bearers are CC and VV, the only confirmed Geass user is Akito's brother, Leyla is hinted to also have it. Akito has been geassed, could be by Zero or his brother.
Old 2012-08-12, 02:19   Link #439
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Whoah!

Spoiler for question:

Spoiler for Suzaku\Akito:
Old 2012-08-12, 05:18   Link #440
azul120

I'm guessing failure is the only option here, in other words.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote