AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-23, 21:39   Link #2941
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
the question is how will this reveal a connection between Yotsuba and the 101st? Tatsuya isn't going to use his true abilities in front of everyone in the school. I doubt the 101st will get involved if they are a secretive organization.
Yes and I doubt Koichi is simply going to have the tabloids read "Student at First High Part of Secret Military!" But was the order of the steps of his plan clarified? Is he really going to reveal Tatsuya's identity and then let the terrorists attack? Or let the terrorists attack and then expose Tatsuya? I think the latter makes more sense.
Old 2013-02-23, 21:42   Link #2942
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Maybe it has something to do with why her name is Fujibayshi and not Kudou, despite being his granddaughter, she is not part of the Kudou clan (unless Fujibayashi is a branch family).
He has to act in the best interest for the Kudou clan, if it means not interferring with Saegusa's plan, he won't lift a finger even if his granddaughter is involved, that's my impression of him.
I think you're misunderstanding it. Kudou Retsu wouldn't do anything that will hurt his clan. However if things were push to shove. He will definitely act.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

Old 2013-02-23, 21:43   Link #2943
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Yes and I doubt Koichi is simply going to have the tabloids read "Student at First High Part of Secret Military!" But was the order of the steps of his plan clarified? Is he really going to reveal Tatsuya's identity and then let the terrorists attack? Or let the terrorists attack and then expose Tatsuya? I think the latter makes more sense.
The Yotsuba would likely make any evidence stated disappear quickly if that way is used. There wouldn't likely be any way to verify it. All he'd have is pointing fingers at someone with no proof.
Old 2013-02-23, 21:49   Link #2944
henzaeroz

Quote:
the question is how will this reveal a connection between Yotsuba and the 101st? Tatsuya isn't going to use his true abilities in front of everyone in the school. I doubt the 101st will get involved if they are a secretive organization.
Quote:
yeah i wonder how koichi connect secret military with tatsuya and especially with Yotsuba.

i doubt koichi will reveal that Tatsuya is Yotsuba Maya's Nephew and i wonder if he knew about it
Old 2013-02-23, 21:51   Link #2945
bludvein

Its also a really roundabout way to go weakening the Yotsuba. Just revealing him to be part of the 101 isn't all that significant as far as public opinion. I know the media can be irrational but I don't see how they can see it as Tatsuya's fault when all is said and done without some serious wtf logic.

The worst that can theoretically happen is that Tatsuya is forced to withdraw from school, but I don't see how that benefits the Saegusa. The Yotsuba would still be as strong as ever and he is taking a huge risk even being involved.

Of course even that isn't likely. The whole point of the series is Tatsuya's screwy high school life.

EDIT: Not to mention 2 of his own daughters are sure to be there when the anti-magic terrorists attack. Granted its a slim chance, but he is still putting them at risk. Seriously, what a douche.
Old 2013-02-23, 21:53   Link #2946
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post
yeah i wonder how koichi connect secret military with tatsuya and especially with Yotsuba.

i doubt koichi will reveal that Tatsuya is Yotsuba Maya's Nephew and i wonder if he knew about it
Perhaps Koichi has another reason behind all of this and is just using the attack as cover. Like he actually plans to recruit Tatsuya and is using the attack as a way to keep it a secret. If he sent someone to meet Tatsuya, it would eem suspicious to the Yotsuba. Sending someone under cover of an attack would likely be less suspicious.
Old 2013-02-23, 21:55   Link #2947
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
The Yotsuba would likely make any evidence stated disappear quickly if that way is used. There wouldn't likely be any way to verify it. All he'd have is pointing fingers at someone with no proof.
Koichi's not dumb enough to make a claim like that and not have any proof, but the claim itself would attract attention. Also, the Yotsuba may be a little tied up on this one. Remember they're not supposed to be affiliated with Tatsuya so if they got involved it in this little scandal since, officially, the people involved are not in the least related to them. If try to pull something then Tatsuya and Miyuki's cover will be blown. It's a sticky situation. Tatsuya has to pick his poison. Reveal himself as 101 or as Yotsuba.

Man. Tatsuya wasn't kidding at the end of the Vampire Arc when he thought that this year would be even more eventful than the last. In the first incident of his freshman year, all he had to do was wipe out some terrorists. Now, he's got terrorists, Saegusas, Erika's family problems, and a male Honoka to deal with.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:00   Link #2948
henzaeroz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Its also a really roundabout way to go weakening the Yotsuba. Just revealing him to be part of the 101 isn't all that significant as far as public opinion. I know the media can be irrational but I don't see how they can see it as Tatsuya's fault when all is said and done without some serious wtf logic.

The worst that can theoretically happen is that Tatsuya is forced to withdraw from school, but I don't see how that benefits the Saegusa. The Yotsuba would still be as strong as ever and he is taking a huge risk even being involved.

Of course even that isn't likely. The whole point of the series is Tatsuya's screwy high school life.

Human Rights.

Tatsuya >>> Student >>> Child Soldier / Military >>> Unethical >>> Yotsuba Unethical

Tatsuya will be seen as victim

the question is how to connect Military >>> Tatsuya >>> Yotsuba
Old 2013-02-23, 22:03   Link #2949
bludvein

Its not like child soldiers are unheard of in this 'verse. The heir the the 1 family was like 13 when he first made an appearance on a battlefield. The families really have no leg to stand on.

To get the kind of reaction he wants he would have to know a whole lot of things about Tatsuya that he couldn't possibly know. Like the experiments performed on him by the Yotsuba or his "training" as a child. Revealing he is a member of a military unit seems kind of half assed, even one as special as the 101.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:06   Link #2950
henzaeroz

Quote:
Its not like child soldiers are unheard of in this 'verse. The heir the the 1 family was like 13 when he first made an appearance on a battlefield. The families really have no leg to stand on.

To get the kind of reaction he wants he would have to know a whole lot of things about Tatsuya that he couldn't possibly know. Like the experiments performed on him by the Yotsuba or his "training" as a child. Revealing he is a member of a military unit seems kind of half assed, even one as special as the 101.
yeah i don't really understand this line.

Quote:
Koichi plans to reveal the existence of the student who’s in 1st High and is part of the 101st Battalion, the media and the human rights focused politicians will eat this reveal right up.
the connection with human rights ?
Old 2013-02-23, 22:14   Link #2951
cyberdemon

What if Koichi knows something about Tatsuya from before the procedure the Yotsuba put him under?
Old 2013-02-23, 22:19   Link #2952
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

EDIT: Not to mention 2 of his own daughters are sure to be there when the anti-magic terrorists attack. Granted its a slim chance, but he is still putting them at risk. Seriously, what a douche.
Oh Bludvein. You and your world of unicorns, and rainbows, and sunshines. Unfortunately, we adults have to face the hard truth that is reality. It's the friggin' media!!! The same media in reality that is characterized by blowing things out of proportions!

This will inevitably instigate public outcry. Think about it. A 17 year-old high school student is revealed to be part of a secret military unit. A secret military unit that no doubt sees a lot of action. The first of many uncomfortable questions people are gonna ask is, how long has he been in the military? It doesn't matter if it's not Tatsuya's fault. What matters is that the military actually accepted a minor and kept him for God knows how long. There is also a problem in the fact that the military tried to keep Tatsuya's identity a secret.

The Saegusa benefits by cutting the Yotsuba's power, which is sustained by their ties to the military and the main occupations of magicians being military related. By turning public opinion against the military, the military will lose much power resulting in the weakening of the Yotsuba's power. Furthermore, I recall that someone posted that Maki and Koichi plan to allow magicians into the entertainment industry, further weakening the military's power and the Yotsuba's along with it.

Quote:

Ichijou was the heir to a master clan of combat magicians. It was only natural that he stepped onto the battlefield.

Quote:
What if Koichi knows something about Tatsuya from before the procedure the Yotsuba put him under?
That is doubtful. His information only allowed him to figure out that Tatsuya is Yotsuba and 101.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:38   Link #2953
henzaeroz

Quote:
Ichijou was the heir to a master clan of combat magicians. It was only natural that he stepped onto the battlefield.
so, if Tatsuya was known as Yotsuba, will he be allowed to stepped onto the battlefield ?

Quote:
That is doubtful. His information only allowed him to figure out that Tatsuya is Yotsuba and 101.
i wonder how far does he know about it ? Maya's Nephew ?
Old 2013-02-23, 22:45   Link #2954
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
so, if Tatsuya was known as Yotsuba, will he be allowed to stepped onto the battlefield ?

i wonder how far does he know about it ? Maya's Nephew ?
Sure. To the public, the heir to a powerful magical family taking part in a battle with no attempt at covering up his activities would be acceptable. Afterall, magicians are invaluable to national security.

As for Tatsuya's relationship with Maya. Well, I doubt Koichi would even care if he knew and there's nothing to lead him to believe that he is Maya's nephew..
Old 2013-02-23, 22:51   Link #2955
bludvein

Quote:
Oh Bludvein. You and your world of unicorns, and rainbows, and sunshines. Unfortunately, we adults have to face the hard truth that is reality. It's the friggin' media!!! The same media in reality that is characterized by blowing things out of proportions!

This will inevitably instigate public outcry. Think about it. A 17 year-old high school student is revealed to be part of a secret military unit. A secret military unit that no doubt sees a lot of action. The first of many uncomfortable questions people are gonna ask is, how long has he been in the military? It doesn't matter if it's not Tatsuya's fault. What matters is that the military actually accepted a minor and kept him for God knows how long. There is also a problem in the fact that the military tried to keep Tatsuya's identity a secret.
Wow, that was kinda rude and completely ignored the point of the post. Even if everything goes to plan I don't see how this negatively impacts the Yotsuba as a whole. He is taking a large risk for little gain.

What can they possibly say? Terrorists target school because of child soldier, must be those Yotsuba's fault? It would affect Tatsuya personally but its hardly the sort of blow that Koichi should be risking crossing the line into treason for. He is intending to compromise one of his country's military assets after all.

It just seems kind of contrived.
Old 2013-02-23, 22:55   Link #2956
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I based not only on Toshikazu / Kyoko interaction, cuz will limit the view and its not even enough space for the author to give every character the point of everything, I take on mind:
And my point from the start is that prior to the war. I don't have any qualms about finding her background during the war or after the war since people could basically assume anything; there's always a possibility that things could get handled off-screen.

I already made that point back in my previous post in case you don't remember.

Quote:
About how you guessing Person comes and doings, its not only weapons, I used only that but you see manners, patterns, culture, knowledge (general and specific, like when Mayumi test Tats with the bodyguard), clothes, shoes, way they walk, stand, salute and talk.
Yeah people could identify whether he/she is from military or not based on manners. You're grasping too much if you said you can see what specific unit they worked in by seeing it from appearance alone. Not everyone is a Sherlock.

Old 2013-02-23, 22:58   Link #2957
blackwhite67
Banned

Your right. My post was unnecesarily harsh and I apologize, but seriously you call a high school student part of a secret military not significant. That is a pretty big deal.

Koichi does not plan on exposing Tatsuya as Yotsuba, only 101. And to be exact, they'll say, "Terrorists Target School Because of Child Soldier (who is not a member of any prestigious, powerful magical family and whose grades are pretty much dismal)." It's obviously the military's fault. For your other statements, please refer back to my post you quoted. You must not have seen my edits.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-02-23 at 23:09.
Old 2013-02-23, 23:52   Link #2958
henzaeroz

Quote:
The Saegusa benefits by cutting the Yotsuba's power, which is sustained by their ties to the military and the main occupations of magicians being military related. By turning public opinion against the military, the military will lose much power resulting in the weakening of the Yotsuba's power. Furthermore, I recall that someone posted that Maki and Koichi plan to allow magicians into the entertainment industry, further weakening the military's power and the Yotsuba's along with it.
Quote:
Koichi does not plan on exposing Tatsuya as Yotsuba, only 101. And to be exact, they'll say, "Terrorists Target School Because of Child Soldier (who is not a member of any prestigious, powerful magical family and whose grades are pretty much dismal)." It's obviously the military's fault. For your other statements, please refer back to my post you quoted. You must not have seen my edits.

ahhh, i get it now and i agree with you after re-read Mayumi SS

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=865

Spoiler:

wow Tatsuya in a bad situation now. Shippou will get a chance to take down Tatsuya using public opinion and blame everything on tatsuya.
Old 2013-02-23, 23:55   Link #2959
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
ahhh, i get it now and i agree with you after re-read Mayumi SS

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=865

Spoiler:

wow Tatsuya in a bad situation now. Shippou will get a chance to take down Tatsuya using public opinion and blame everything on tatsuya.
Now that you mention it, I wonder how Shippou fits into all this. Currently, the major plot is centered around Koichi's plans to reveal Tatsuya, but let's not forget the title of this arc Double 7 so Shippou must have a more major role in all this.
Old 2013-02-24, 00:10   Link #2960
maxblaze

Just curious guyz i am new to this thread so just wondering how far the discussion here have gone what particular volume and chapter are you discussing right now, btw im still reading the vol 7.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings