Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-31, 17:24   Link #21
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Somehow we got to get this anime more exposure...
Umm... why exactly?

I am absolutely content to watch it on my own, share my experience with those few of us who'd also watch it and that's it.

I don't need "Ergo Proxy" to be wildly popular. I am not its creator, I don't know any of its creators, I have no financial or other interest in the project. All I require is for the show to be GOOD and INTERESTING. That's all. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 17:31   Link #22
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Well I'm a bit different than you...when I see something that I think is really good or will change or set trends in the anime community, I want to share it with others...That way more people see it, can enjoy what I enjoy, and spark indepth discussion (making the veiwing experience even that much more entertaining)...If you have passion for anime like I do it's great to get others into things you enjoy...Sorry you don't possess this preset...Ergo Proxy has me as hype as I've been in a while over a new series...What's wrong with wanting to get other people in to it?
Old 2006-02-01, 20:20   Link #23
Zappster

I've been interested in this anime for a while mainly through the connection with mangalobe(when I finished watching champloo I had to find out what their next project was and thus have had it on my list of anime to look out for, for a few months) and recently checked out the trailer that was subbed. Looks very good, some of the scenes shown in the smattering of footage looked gorgeous.

I'm with MrProphet though. I think I already mentioned something similar in the Noein thread but I'm not too bothered about the popularity of the show as long as it doesn't get cut short because of it. You can have some great dicussion without loads of people watching again see the Noein thread for an example. There will no doubt be others(even if it is only a few) that will watch the show which should suffice for some decent discussion on the show.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 20:27   Link #24
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

BTW...I made this Ergo Proxy avatar from the "sneak peak" that was out a bit ago. It's up for grabs if anyone wants it:

Admittedly, it's not the most exciting, but her 1980's "Blade Runner" blue eye shadow exceeds awesomeness.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 21:16   Link #25
gargleblaster
spluh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Admittedly, it's not the most exciting, but her 1980's "Blade Runner" blue eye shadow exceeds awesomeness.
Don't I know it - I was working on something like this, myself...

gargleblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 19:29   Link #26
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Episode 1 has been broadcast!

Wow, what's up with that? Was it some kind of a Pay-Per-View/Satellite Channel sneak peak of the first episode, or what?

Wasn't this supposed to premier on Feb. 25?
Old 2006-02-05, 21:24   Link #27
kron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Episode 1 has been broadcast!

Wow, what's up with that? Was it some kind of a Pay-Per-View/Satellite Channel sneak peak of the first episode, or what?

Wasn't this supposed to premier on Feb. 25?
no it wasn't pay-per-view. it was the full ep 1 early preview (not a sneak peak either, it's a full ep). they do that sometimes to get the series hyped. i watched it and all i can say is WOW. it certainly got me quite hyped up. this is serious stuff. now i have to wait for 3 weeks till the series really start...
kron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 21:41   Link #28
Luapman

I definately have to agree. Saw the raw, and to quote a random internet saying.. "This is made of awesome and god." First ep was very intriuging with top notch animation. Going to recommend this one to those who like dark and serious anime.

And yes, the eye-shadow is a great touch.
Luapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 21:41   Link #29
v1cious

i'm up in the air on this one. on one hand, this is the best looking anime series to be made-ever!.... on the other hand, nothing really happened at all in this episode.

i'm definitely interested in where this is going though.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 22:02   Link #30
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Good God!

*sitting with his mouth hanging open*

OK, as I am trying to compose myself from the sheer awesomeness of Ergo Proxy, let me respond to the poster before me.

Actually, a lot has happened, if you paid attention to what Ril is investigating and you are familiar with the terms Autoreiv, Cogito and Proxy. I suggest that watching the previews would help a lot, since these things are explained beforehand.
Old 2006-02-05, 23:50   Link #31
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

By the way, for those who are interested: the words in Italian in the beginning of the episode are a rather interesting poem by Michaelangelo, the famous sculptor.

I urge everyone interested in "Ergo Proxy" to look them up (in Google, or whatever), since they are quite telling and their meaning is very much symbolically connected to the plot of this anime. 8)

Here is the verse, for your reading pleasure:

Caro mi è il sonno, e più l’esser di sasso
mentre che il danno, e la vergogna dura;
non veder, non sentir, m’è gran ventura;
però non mi destar; deh, parla basso.
Old 2006-02-06, 01:18   Link #32
7Th
Mixtape

Holy Shit! According to both the official site and the women at the end of the premier, Radiohead's song Paranoid Android will be the main theme of the show. The members of the bend let the Murase and Sato after watching the show.

Expectancy +10000000.

PD: Yeah, the raw was awesome.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 13:17   Link #33
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I don't really see why this is in a forum for licensed shows when the show isn't licensed. Just because it has an American counterpart for sponsor doesn't automagically mean shit.

Anyways, this is a really weird show. The italian in the opening of the show means something like this (from what I dug up)::

// =================
// Opening Quote
// =================

Caro mi è il sonno, e più l’esser di sasso
mentre che il danno, e la vergogna dura;
non veder, non sentir, m’è gran ventura;
però non mi destar; deh, parla basso.

// =================
// Translation
// =================

Sweet is sleep to me and even more to be
of stone, while the wrong and shame endure.
To be without sight or sense is a most happy
change for me, therefore do not rouse me.
Hush! Speak low.

I like the hinting of irony that the text eludes to. This should be a rather interesting series =D
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 13:31   Link #34
Srin Tuar
無謀

episode 1
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 13:40   Link #35
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I thought it was the information board personnel (情報局職員) or something like that. I'll have to check again.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 13:48   Link #36
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm gonna be a good sport about this...I'm gonna wait for the first episode i can understand...I won't spoil myself with a raw...Being mentally entertained is almost as fun as being visually smitten...So I'm going to have some serious composure and wait for the first ep that's totally done...It's gonna be hard though, but this show is too awesome to be watched half-a$$ed...
Old 2006-02-06, 15:17   Link #37
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
episode 1
Spoiler:
Citizen Information Board, and she is investigating the Autoreiv that have been infected by the Cogito virus and thus gained Proxy (or at least, feared to have done so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
I don't really see why this is in a forum for licensed shows when the show isn't licensed. Just because it has an American counterpart for sponsor doesn't automagically mean shit.
Koi Kaze, Paranoia Agent, Tenjou Tenge... All credited to Geneon Entertainment (USA), all licenced by the same company.
Old 2006-02-06, 15:34   Link #38
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

This is the first time I heard about this Im gonna look it up. I geuss no use in watching the first ep now though. If its really gonna start later this month. BTW can some1 make a summary about you know(also add pics I geuss) whats it about and put it in the first post it helps for people to get interested. o.O

Anyways here's a summary from AnimeNewsNetwork.

In a world where humans and robots live together, there exists a domed city named "Romudo". Under full management control, it is a paradise which does not need feelings. But this utopian landscape is soon broken by a series of mystifying murders. Ril Meyer, a female inspector from the Citizen Information Board, is tasked to solve the murder cases. As she digs deeper, she is soon entangled into the mystery of the "Awakening", which will change her life, and the lives living in Romudo...forever.

This prolly gonna be GITS all over again I hope I understand this more than GITS. I always have you guys to helping me understand it I geuss. <3
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 15:35   Link #39
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Alot of effort is being put in promoting this title. Is it really that expensive?
Or is there another reason why so much effort is being put into this title?
Old 2006-02-06, 15:39   Link #40
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Alot of effort is being put in promoting this title. Is it really that expensive?
Or is there another reason why so much effort is being put into this title?
If you haven't noticed already only this and Fate / Stay Night have decent budgets. The rest looked pretty low budget (Lemon Angel Project looks ok; haven't checked out REC). It's also the newest title in the licensed list.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manglobe, science fiction