AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-15, 12:03   Link #221
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Dragon's Crown doesn't have a story? Last time I checked. it has it.
Old 2013-08-15, 17:49   Link #222
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Seems I'm more accustomed to the fighter, since I've been always using a knight type character in most games. I just love the shield upgrades and sword ground attacks, most basic character, but his one hell of a badass tank.
Old 2013-08-15, 18:36   Link #223
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Damn, Labyrinth of Chaos made me respec my Wiz. While Fire Ward is great in conjunction with Blaze to kill bosses in a jiffy, it's pretty much only used as a boss killer. Many times I wished I had an AoE crowd clearer instead, and God forbid you face Red Dragon in LoC. Because damn, Red Dragon is THE raid boss when faced in the main room (you have no hallway to fight it), and trying to beat him with just an Ice Rod makes you nigh useless in a team and damn near impossible as solo.

So far? I'm loving Thunderbolt as my secondary damage spell. Sure it doesn't quite stunlock as well as storm (nor does it cover as much area), but it tends to make mincemeat of trash mobs and helps burst down bosses (as you can only have one blaze inferno at a time). Since I carry a fire rod with ice rod backup, having a lightning spell also helps in the off chance I face the Kraken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Dragon's Crown doesn't have a story? Last time I checked. it has it.
I actually felt really bad for one noble character.
Spoiler:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 14:41   Link #224
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's due to practical reasons. When you shrink the human body down to sprite size, details get lost. To exaggerate features like thighs and boobs when you shrink them down is actually a valid excuse.
I hadn't really noticed this back in the sprite-graphics days (perhaps you just accepted that ingame rendering couldn't match the artwork, and let your imagination fill in the blanks or something); thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Quote:
And to add a third indirect example, WoW have giant shoulder armour for player characters, Because it is the part of the body most visible to the player from the gaming POV and as such was essential to differentiate different armour types.
Odd... I just checked out a few screenshots; seems to me the camera shows enough of the player from behind that it's easy to make out armour types without having to exaggerate parts of it. But that's probably just my perception of things.

And speaking of exaggerations, I figured I'd share this opinion piece...

Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 07:15   Link #225
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Seems I'm more accustomed to the fighter, since I've been always using a knight type character in most games. I just love the shield upgrades and sword ground attacks, most basic character, but his one hell of a badass tank.
I met the legendary monster and wow, I AM stupid when I met it in one of the route, my initial reaction to it was:

"...... are we supposed to talk to that thing or something?" because usually boss fight has some sort of mechanics but not this one......

Edit: Doesn't help that it show no sign of aggression when it first appear.

Didn't realize it until it start killing my Party Members. Then it is the usual "HOLY CRAP!!!"

Halfway through the battle.... suddenly spines start breaking and people start dying, leaving my Elf (the only range character in the NPC-filled party)

The aftermath of the battle with my Elf: I really think twice about using a melee character.
Old 2013-08-20, 09:03   Link #226
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Did you meet this baby?

So far I've played the Elf, Sorc, Amazon and Fighter, I must say the one that give me the easiest time is the Elf. She's just so strong with the Fire coating arrow, and fast even with all those charging time.
Old 2013-08-20, 10:12   Link #227
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Did you meet this baby?

So far I've played the Elf, Sorc, Amazon and Fighter, I must say the one that give me the easiest time is the Elf. She's just so strong with the Fire coating arrow, and fast even with all those charging time.
Yeah.... I thought that Killer Rabbit is a bonus boss or something. Totally did not expect it to turn up in one of the Path B.

So when a bunny suddenly dropped from the sky, it caught me by surprise and I thought it is a NPC and go near it... then my party start dying and I was like "Holy Crap!"

I find Fighter simple to use but by the time I attempt a Fighter, I had gotten used to the Elf (somewhat).

Here is a tip for those who did not know:

>Magma glow red before releasing Magma wave.

>Rabbit show blue demonic aura: STOP STABBY AND GET THE HELL AWAY. (Spine Breaker is a one-hit kill).

If fight go too long:
Against Demonic Rabbit: Northern Knight (like that film) appear to help you. Result is just portrayed as the film too (many knight died that day....T_T). Good news is: they give you lots of hand grenade/bomb, sadly none is holy.

Against the gate: Reinforcement has arrive and fire a salvo of fireball at the gate (breaking it)

Medusa get away if you fail to defeat it the first time.

Elf-related stuff:

Elf can slow her fall by charging her arrows (not event, normal battle).

Shooting at enemies while in mid-air instead of shooting downwards:
1. Jump
2. hold Direction < or >
3. Shoot.

How to create a pillar of Fire/poison (DOT damage in an area): I just found out that this is the more efficient way of using of your coating (save the coating) rather than just firing it like normal arrow. But it take practice to use the pillars effectively.

1. Coat the arrow with fire or Poison.
2. charge
3. point upward
4. Release

Alternative:
1. Coat the arrow with fire or Poison.
2. Jump
3. Charge while in mid-air
4. Release

Need checking:
Elemental Lore:
> Whirlwind (default)
> Spinning Ice thing (near an Ice pillar or near a mage using ice magic)
> Fireball (near fire source or on fire)
> Whirlpool (in water, can Hit underwater fish I think)
> Water spear (when you are near the shore rather than in water or near a geyser.
Old 2013-08-20, 11:32   Link #228
Rias

There is a holy hand grenade in the game. You gave it to Vivian.

Also, you can time out on every Route B boss fight, which results in you not getting the talisman.
Old 2013-08-20, 16:05   Link #229
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Halfway through the battle.... suddenly spines start breaking and people start dying, leaving my Elf (the only range character in the NPC-filled party)

The aftermath of the battle with my Elf: I really think twice about using a melee character.
Hahahaha, I know that feeling. Then again I feel that the Sexy Stupid Elf is pretty ill suited against the rabbit, while she is pretty strong against stationary bosses when she can aim and release her arrows the best, small targets like the Rabbit are a pain in the neck to handle. I usually can't land any shots on that rabbit unless there is someone else there with me to slow it down or keep him in a single place.

When I'm on my own, I can only use stuff like daggers or elemental lores.
Old 2013-08-20, 17:23   Link #230
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Here is a tip for those who did not know:

>Magma glow red before releasing Magma wave.

>Rabbit show blue demonic aura: STOP STABBY AND GET THE HELL AWAY. (Spine Breaker is a one-hit kill).
Lol as Wizard main, I didn't even know the above two despite getting through Infernal and multiple iterations of it in LoC. TBH the only thing I knew about Killer Rabbit is that it has two forms... his invincinble typhoon form (which I just teleport dodge if he decides to come near), and his small rabbit form that just gets DESTROYED by slow + blaze and up + circle wand shots. XD

Old 2013-08-21, 03:53   Link #231
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
I met the legendary monster and wow, I AM stupid when I met it in one of the route, my initial reaction to it was:

"...... are we supposed to talk to that thing or something?" because usually boss fight has some sort of mechanics but not this one......
I always use the Sonic Boom!!! and shield alot to power up.
I go on a melee freenzy with large monsters
Old 2013-08-21, 20:06   Link #232
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

...since European release get canned with an obvious delayed release as usual (god forbid any stupid crap like what happened to P4A), I decided to get the game 4 days ago.
Got my fighter at lvl55, et I must say it is quite a solid game, although the sense of novelty runs dry really quick with DC.

My biggest gripe with the game is that dungeons are generally short, to the point it is somewhat ridiculous at times (Old Capital Route B for instance). I guess it could be a bit tiresome to have longer stages, but if so, I think additional stages/environment could do the trick instead of rehashing the 9 same stages for each difficulty.
In any case, it still feels good to have a old school game with a very good presentation (save perhaps some exaggerated "features" but not to the point that warrant sexism debate...) and appealing atmosphere.

Thank goodness Amnesia potion does exist, because I nearly felt the need to reroll my fighter because of craptastic skills (I'm looking at you, shockwave).
Old 2013-08-22, 00:58   Link #233
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally like the shorter dungeons, because then it is actually feasible chaining them together. Plus they can make some of the bosses harder (mostly B route bosses) so that the boss fight itself can be as long as dungeon trekking + a regular boss fight.

Because honestly, I totally miss just fighting Old Capital Route B's boss without having to wade through the 'trash'. This is because LoC is totally random and fighting him after being weakened by 'trash' (faking Assassins makes me so mad!) makes the fight so much harder since you have no hallway to fight him.

But yeah, stuff like 10 million score (meaning 20 mil XP or about 10 levels give or take in infernal XD) and multiple S rank/white glow items makes dungeon chaining so much fun in terms of risk/reward.

Old 2013-08-22, 06:12   Link #234
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Odd... I just checked out a few screenshots; seems to me the camera shows enough of the player from behind that it's easy to make out armour types without having to exaggerate parts of it. But that's probably just my perception of things.
It's a multiplayer game, you just don't look at your character, for instance there's probably 50-70 people in this one auction house I'm in right now. Shoulders stand out period, that's why in the great Honor change gear patch in vanilla everyone went stupid and bought the epic pvp shoulders for their characters lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 20:40   Link #235
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Just in case I am not clear about the Magma Glow red:

There are only two position in the carpet: Up and down.

When the magma about to molest you with its lava hand, the area which it is about to shoot out molesty-lava-hand-of-certain-doom glow red. It is a little hard to see though, so be careful.

In this stage, it is better if one player control the carpet (focus on the glowing lava) while others attack the random shooty lava hands. I manage to help out in one multiplayer stage piloting the carpet after discovering that nobody bother to control it.

Additional tip for Elf: Like you want more AOT, get the clone arrow thingy. (shoot extra arrow while crouching)

Why?

Apply Coating and you get 2(or more) pillar of poison/fire!

Yes. The Extra arrows are also coated (downside is it will use up your arrows and coating faster).
Old 2013-08-23, 02:44   Link #236
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If you're a Wizard/Sorc, Up + Circle does wonders in blocking arcing magma (preferably ice rod since it lasts the longest and has the highest reach). Which means you just got to watch out for the forward magma, of which you just watch the glowing lava.

Same thing in the boat ride (or killing fish in general), because even if you by chance get hit by the fish, as long as you get up + circle off you have a good chance of preventing the fish from damaging your boat (which is always good, since fish does more damage than vortex for some odd reason). Finishing these mini-games successfully means that you get a treasure chest with a good chance to spawn high rank items, so doing them right is always a good thing.

Oh yeah, if you do Kraken mini-game right don't miss the chest hidden to the left of your screen. Biggest missable chest in the game right there. XD

Old 2013-12-03, 09:45   Link #237
defki

http://indexweb.jp/news/2013/10707.html

Index announced that the game shipped 800k copies worldwide (including DL). It also received the Gold Prize at the PS Awards.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 20:41   Link #238
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Spoiler for The sexiest:

... So, I'm the only one going crazy with the new update and the increase on the level cap, the new dungeon and items? This is officially the Disgaea of beat'em up games.

Rather than jumping into the new dungeon right away; I did like 10 floors to get items and now I'm trying to finish LoC with the characters that I like the best (currently floor 84 or so with an Elf).
Old 2013-12-30, 07:42   Link #239
defki

Nope. VW support for this game is really incredible. A great final patch for this game.

Now I just need free time.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-30, 09:41   Link #240
Nerroth
NePoi!

Dragon's Crown managed a 1-2 on the top of SCEJ's list of PSN downloads for 2013.

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy