AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-04-21, 12:47   Link #21
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

For me I think atleast 45% knows anime but mostly mainstream like Naruto or Bleach but majority not really
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 13:46   Link #22
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichuki View Post
For me I think atleast 45% knows anime but mostly mainstream like Naruto or Bleach but majority not really
qft!
I hate when people say they "know" anime and then list Naruto, bleach, Inuyasha, and *shudder* Spongebob
there is a fairly active manga/anime club at my local public library (though I don't usually go), and there is a card/comic shop that sells some manga and anime, so it's not totally unheard of in my area

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 22:30   Link #23
wigglypuff
Banned

they sell mangas here, like negima, love hina or vampire knight. but they don't have the first volume!!!
there are also shows but they're for little kids...
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 11:22   Link #24
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genten View Post
Detroit's been so misrepresented by the media these days. Yes, there are some bad areas, but it's not like you're going to be shot as soon as you walk out the door by some Baccano!-esque gang. Especially in the area where the Ren Cen is located, which is by far the safest area in Detroit. And yes, Youmacon gets a ton of people: nothing in comparison to Otakon, of course, but we did recieve over 9000 people last year.
Plus, it's not paid any attention to(its like, in the lowest, deepest corner of the building), but there is a mini-police hub INSIDE the Ren Cen, and like Genten said, it's one of the central locations in downtown Detroit, so it is patrolled through regularly.

And was it really 9000 people (O.o)? I thought they said it was close to 3000. Maybe that was the previous year =0\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 12:58   Link #25
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

My country of origin, Marocco, sell some manga in few libraries, but I didn't buy any of them. Anime are also shown, dubbed in Arabic, aired on Spacetoon and MBC3 but there have a lot of children shows although I enjoy some of them, mostly japanese or korean (including Yu-Gi-Oh!, a chinese anime named Go For Speed, Spider Riders). However, Spacepower air anime attended for older audience (teens and adults) but some anime features unpleasant scenes (scantily-clad women, partial nudity) that are censored for religious reasons according to the Quran.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 18:29   Link #26
InfiniteDistance

It's not all too big here in the general media, but I actually know quite a few people into all sorts of anime (beyond mainstream as well). I'm usually pretty surprised that people I get to know actually have these 'alternative' hobbies. But the same goes for a lot of alternative things (a lot of fantasy related things, like magic the gathering, warhammer and so on). A lot of average/regular people I know don't have any of these hobbies, but once people seem to have an open mind towards alternative hobbies, there's usually a good change they like anime/manga (all in my experience )
Old 2011-04-24, 00:31   Link #27
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
My country of origin, Marocco, sell some manga in few libraries, but I didn't buy any of them. Anime are also shown, dubbed in Arabic, aired on Spacetoon and MBC3 but there have a lot of children shows although I enjoy some of them, mostly japanese or korean (including Yu-Gi-Oh!, a chinese anime named Go For Speed, Spider Riders). However, Spacepower air anime attended for older audience (teens and adults) but some anime features unpleasant scenes (scantily-clad women, partial nudity) that are censored for religious reasons according to the Quran.
Lets be technically accurate here ... they were censored by people who *interpreted* Quran writings. I'd say the same thing about people who claim the Bible or any other text "commands such-and-such". Cherry-picking religious text is an art form with some.
Old 2011-04-24, 01:53   Link #28
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

It has taken a hit lately thanks to the K-Fever as well as several Mom and Pop Japanese Book/Hobby Stores closing for unspecified reasons. Just in the last two months, an anime hobby store and Iwase Books closed down where I live so it is really hard to buy anime magazines
Old 2011-04-24, 04:05   Link #29
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
It has taken a hit lately thanks to the K-Fever as well as several Mom and Pop Japanese Book/Hobby Stores closing for unspecified reasons. Just in the last two months, an anime hobby store and Iwase Books closed down where I live so it is really hard to buy anime magazines
Just because of religious (muslim) reasons ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 11:27   Link #30
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Just because of religious (muslim) reasons ?
Wow...just wow.

Honestly who knows, maybe because the economy taken a hit and it wasn't feasible to support this exporting business. Either way if you were used to buying from stores then you are Straight Outta Luck
Old 2011-04-24, 14:12   Link #31
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Where do you live?
Old 2011-04-24, 14:39   Link #32
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Vancouver, we had a convention cancelled as well as two known anime hobby stores closing down.
Old 2011-04-25, 11:42   Link #33
sebo3e

Send a message via MSN to sebo3e
Sadly in my country Croatia they know only about pokemon yugi oh lol so it sad i am 22 and if i try to say i like anime there they will say i am a kid witch acutaly its not true because anime is for everyone n_n
I must hate thouse idiots ugh that s why internet anime community rocks 4 ever
sebo3e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 12:28   Link #34
Gault
inc_mplete

Sydney housing a very very very large Asian communtiy , you're bound to run into something Anime all over the place..

even Kinokuniya here is flooded with people hogging the Manga stands :P
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 13:17   Link #35
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Vancouver, we had a convention cancelled as well as two known anime hobby stores closing down.
Probably the economy...

In California, it's getting popular somehow (I think)... I've been asked to show high school students some anime.
Old 2011-04-25, 13:34   Link #36
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
In Greece most know of Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and Digimon. It was ok to leave it as that but then some went to explain on tv what cosply is and one of them even sang in a reality show dressed as a samurai. All that created a very bad image for anime around here.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 13:37   Link #37
Zakoo

A lot of people know anime here, there are conventions every two months ( and one freaking big each July ) and you can run in people like me more or less everywhere.

Buying manga is quite easy too, even general stores sell them.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 14:02   Link #38
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Currently doesn't exist... nor will make an appearance any time soon. Morning cartoons for kids are replaced by by soap-operas.

There was DBZ on one channel few years back, and in their order it went from first thirty episodes of DBZ and then it continued from thirtieth episode of original DB and so on.
Someone please kill my country
Old 2011-04-25, 17:06   Link #39
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
A lot of people know anime here, there are conventions every two months ( and one freaking big each July ) and you can run in people like me more or less everywhere.

Buying manga is quite easy too, even general stores sell them.
Just to give people an idea here's how many people attended the Paris japan expo last year: 182 546.

The other number is this: 14 million mangas sold last year (got this number from a recent TV news report),that's a huge number when you consider that the french population is 65 million.

And yeah buying manga in Paris is quite easy,all the mainstream stuff can be found in general shops and sometimes news manga releases will be advertised (if you took the metro recently you might have noticed the Ikigami adverts )

That being said,I'm not sure the same can be said for anime,I have the impression north america gets more licences quicker,and I have quite a few friends who read mangas but don't watch anime (unless it's an anime original).
Old 2011-04-27, 04:55   Link #40
Ending

Anime is marginal here. The current trend of cheery and all too cutesy flicks just doesn't fit to finnish taste for seriousness and melancholy. Can't say I have found any such recent animes either, online or offline, so suggestions would be welcome. Mostly what's available is either old or that same-old-same-old stuff.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote