AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-07-04, 09:11   Link #121
oompa loompa

Yeah I use crunchyroll as well, and am subscribed for a year. However, my problems are the same as the poster above. When I'm in the U.S ( which I'm in for little more than half the year) I like crunchyroll a lot ( despite the amount people complain about it) and try and watch a lot on it, i thought it was very convenient. Away from the U.S however, I cant say the same, I cant watch much, and what I can watch is very slow to stream. Whatever though, I dont really mind at all - next year I'll probably subscribe again - its not a lot of money. I mean half a year's worth at crunchyroll is about the same as a boxset for an anime if I'm not mistaken(?), even though I could subscribe for it for a shorter time, but whatever, even then its just not that much money - like what, eating out one time less in a month?.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 12:46   Link #122
npcomplete

I think if it were up to CR, they would not use any region blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
Whatever though, I dont really mind at all - next year I'll probably subscribe again - its not a lot of money. I mean half a year's worth at crunchyroll is about the same as a boxset for an anime if I'm not mistaken(?), even though I could subscribe for it for a shorter time, but whatever, even then its just not that much money - like what, eating out one time less in a month?.
it's discounted to $60 a year if you prepay for the year btw
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 14:18   Link #123
alamarco
Why hello there!

I'm a subscriber to CR. As long as they continue to develop and get better, I'll continue to support them. Looking at them now, compared to the beginning, they are a lot better. More content and better video quality.

The only thing bugging me right now is not knowing what they are going to be supporting for the summer season. So far only Aoi Hana, which was brought up without notice.
alamarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 19:50   Link #124
einhorn303

Yeah, ever since Strike Witches aired on CR and BOST, I've stopped watching fansubs. The really surprisingly pleasant thing about CR is how many moe and yuri titles they're having, the sort of thing that gets licensed much less for R1 DVD.

I just do monthly subscription right now...it's only a savings difference of like 1-2 dollars, and I like to keep things flexible. After Saki/Aoi Hana/Kanamemo ends there might not be anything I want to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
The only thing bugging me right now is not knowing what they are going to be supporting for the summer season. So far only Aoi Hana, which was brought up without notice.
Agreed, their announcements can be kind of vague sometime. Even now, Aoi Hana isn't on the frontpage Simulcast list (though it is mentioned in a frontpage news post)...I have no idea why. That, and we need greater assurance of DVD releases. At least we already know Strike Witches is coming to DVD in early 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The problem with CR is that when they started pay to watch streaming they started region blocking through the IP, and people like me who would actually pay to watch can no longer access their licensed programs.
The solution to that is simple...move to Amerikkka, the greatest country in the world.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 21:12   Link #125
Theowne
耳をすませば

I think CR has great potential. I guess If I were not Canadian I might not be equally pleased about it, but it seems like it's on the right path to becoming a very viable alternative that I would have no problem paying for. In the end, I think people would prefer a guilt-free alternative that still provides timely releases.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 03:50   Link #126
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Agreed, their announcements can be kind of vague sometime. Even now, Aoi Hana isn't on the frontpage Simulcast list (though it is mentioned in a frontpage news post)...I have no idea why. That, and we need greater assurance of DVD releases. At least we already know Strike Witches is coming to DVD in early 2010.
Funny thing is, CR had put School Days up for a while and it wasn't until Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo was put up that they made an announcement. I have been wanting to see School Days for a while now and I would of been pissed if I missed my chance to watch it (I have no idea if CR removes content, anyone have any insight?).

- School Days has been up since April 25th
- Happiness has been up since May 30th
- Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo was put up 14 days ago (too lazy to figure out the date)
- The announcement about all 3 was 10 days ago

So 2 months and they make an announcement about School Days? Ouch ...
Old 2009-07-05, 07:32   Link #127
miscs
Flying Dumb-ass

I think I will continue to wait a little longer before I subscribe. As posted earlier crunchyroll still needs to undergo more development.
miscs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 10:58   Link #128
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamarco View Post
Funny thing is, CR had put School Days up for a while and it wasn't until Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo was put up that they made an announcement. I have been wanting to see School Days for a while now and I would of been pissed if I missed my chance to watch it (I have no idea if CR removes content, anyone have any insight?).
CR pretty much never removes content unless it is demanded by the licensor, and even then it's quite rare.

The only things CR has removed have been the simulcast Gonzo shows like strike witches, but they actually put them back up (for members only) and they were always available for download to own for $2 an ep.

There was also "shinkai" day when a bunch of shinkai movies were available to stream for exactly 1 day, but that was quite obviously a special deal.

The content they've been simulcasting since Jan or so is all there still, even after shows have ended. For example, all of skip beat...
Since CR has a subscription based service, it's important that they have as much content as possible (even if it's older shows).
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 11:30   Link #129
alamarco
Why hello there!

Quarkboy: Thanks for the information. That was the one thing I wasn't sure of, is after a certain time they would remove older simulcasts, but since they ended up putting back Strike Witches, that's good news indeed.

Just noticed on their simulcast timers on the right-hand side that Kanamemo is going to air in 28 minutes. Guess that's another new anime they've got, but no news.

Last edited by alamarco; 2009-07-05 at 11:32. Reason: Forgot new series
Old 2009-09-30, 03:53   Link #130
bigsocce

Look like CR is getting more anime.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

Quote:
Crunchyroll is the ONLY place for you to enjoy the latest Anime titles within one hour of Japan TV broadcast (simulcast). This Fall Season, Crunchyroll will feature over 50% of Anime titles currently airing in Japan!1 While most titles will be free for all viewers, for less than $5 a month with the CR Anime Membership you can support the Anime Industry, and enjoy High Definition (up to 720p) and earlier access to all titles.
They are adding 13 simulcasts this fall season.

Any one know or read or heard about how many subscribers Crunchyroll have now? it was 15,000 back in April 2009.

Did it go up? go down?
bigsocce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 05:21   Link #131
Divaa

The only thing I find a pain, is when i'm broke and I actually do those ad's to get free CR points.
And I actually fill them out, and no CR points come.
Did a 54 dollar one once, waited 2 weeks, and it says I should of gotten the CR points but I failed to.
I mean, if they are gonna have something like that it should be actually done right.
Divaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 22:43   Link #132
npcomplete

you should contact them. I did once to resolve an issue about getting points in order to post on the forums after signing up
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 12:23   Link #133
einhorn303

Via the AnimeOnDVD post at http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost....&postcount=355, it seems CrunchyRoll has accidentally listed a few Fall simulcasts before they were meant to announce them. Including:

Quote:
1. Fairy Tail
2. Miracle Train
3. Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu 2 - Purezza -
4. Sora No Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property)
5. The Book of Bantorra (Armed Librarians)
Well, I imagine some people will be happy about those titles.

I guess this is basically the "general CrunchyRoll discussion thread" now, right?
Old 2010-01-01, 22:36   Link #134
suguru
京都 ikitai~

It's interesting that unless I'm completely missing it on their website, Crunchyroll hasn't announced any new anime at all for winter 2010, even with most new series airing this coming week. Seems like a big contrast from fall where they tried building hype by announcing new titles a day at a time for a couple weeks - wonder if they're running into trouble? Or just not bothering to announce it in advance anymore?
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 23:56   Link #135
Ash Falls Town

Well they've announced Cobra now and other sources seem to indicate they have more than just that but:
I think it's two different things:
Firstly on another site Quarkboy said something about how it's hard this time of year because Japanese companies half-shut down for New Years.
Secondly I think they have significantly fewer titles to announce. (There are less titles they could possibly announce at least.)
Old 2010-01-02, 00:10   Link #136
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Maybe you missed this announcement for Durarara! and Chu-Bra. Now there's a pretty contrasting pair of offerings! Maybe they figure there's a built-in audience for anything related to Baccano!, and we know there's a built-in audience for anything related to lingerie.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...mong-its-anime
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 01:13   Link #137
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Maybe you missed this announcement for Durarara! and Chu-Bra.
They haven't actually announced these series though. We're guessing they'll have these series because someone at Crunchyroll presumably screwed up.
Old 2010-01-02, 02:39   Link #138
einhorn303

Speaking of CR possibly screwing up listing things earlier, there's a vague chance they might have Omamori Himari, Hanamaru Kindergarten, and Sora no Woto for the upcoming season:

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthrea...15#post1702415

(see third post on page by Draneor, and then continued)

Personally, I enjoy their extreme laxity with security for license announcements.
Old 2010-01-02, 11:59   Link #139
Midonin
Last Engage

Actually, I was expecting Hanamaru and Sora no Woto. (Especially the first one. Both Kanamemo and both Natsu no Arashi series have held that timeslot. All simulcasted.) They have a pretty good standing when it comes to TV Tokyo series, which is why I'm also highly expecting Baka Test to be announced sometime soon.

And given that I'm watching the great majority of the shows listed, more power to simulcasting. It makes things easier for me.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 21:46   Link #140
gonzo562

im tempted to sign up.

I still have not done the 2 week free trial yet.

Does anyone know if the simulcasts are english subbed or are we watching the raws of the simulcasts no subs
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote