AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: The acquire of Disney will afect MARVEL comics?
MARVEL comis will become even better. 6 8.45%
Probably not much changes at all. 33 46.48%
MARVEL comics is screwed. 32 45.07%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-01, 03:29   Link #21
jonli
JONLIの憂'

You know they might just leave them be.

Just like how WB doesn't try to put Bugs Bunny into Gotham City.

It should be fine guys, no worries.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 03:36   Link #22
Oppius
Banned

Sora and Kairi(Kingdom Hearts) will travel to various Marvel worlds in order to save them from Heartless.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 03:43   Link #23
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
OMG $4B. Will it ever be worth it? Since I have no idea how Disney makes money..
Disney owns Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers, so they own all the money that 13 year old girls have.
Old 2009-09-01, 03:48   Link #24
BanishingBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Disney owns Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers, so they own all the money that 13 year old girls have.
I guess it's worth noting that Disney is going to turn Marvel into some BFF for kids.
BanishingBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 04:58   Link #25
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
Oh s***, right!. Yep, I guess they are screwed.

ADD: I can almost imagine Spiderman dancing We're all in this together... ><
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppius View Post

Sora and Kairi(Kingdom Hearts) will travel to various Marvel worlds in order to save them from Heartless.
oh please!!, teenaged Peter Parker & Mary Jane are NOT part of the High School Musical cast!!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 05:11   Link #26
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

After seeing the chibbi toys Marvel is letting out...Iam very afraid for Marvel now...
Old 2009-09-01, 08:23   Link #27
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Marvel is screwed since we all know that Disney don't like any type of violence what-so-ever and they will probably dumb it down so children can watch it...

Next, we going to have Spiderman picking flowers with Mickey Mouse... but who knows... :P
Old 2009-09-01, 08:40   Link #28
Rurik
Golden

Only time will tell, but I doubt Disney exec sooner or later aren’t going to influence what is published and what is not.
Old 2009-09-01, 09:07   Link #29
Dark Wing

A Marvel spokesman said that Disney wouldnt be really changing anything. It be like the Disney Pixar deal or something. Aka, Marvel can do whatever they want only with a lot more resources at their disposal.

Also, I think that Disney knows fully well that if they are gonna screw over any Marvel stuff they will get a very negative response from about every marvel fan in the world. That could cost them a load of money and they don't wanna risk that.
Old 2009-09-01, 09:11   Link #30
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
A Marvel spokesman said that Disney wouldnt be really changing anything. It be like the Disney Pixar deal or something. Aka, Marvel can do whatever they want only with a lot more resources at their disposal.

Also, I think that Disney knows fully well that if they are gonna screw over any Marvel stuff they will get a very negative response from about every marvel fan in the world. That could cost them a load of money and they don't wanna risk that.
Good to hear... Some people say that it would because Disney is known not to make violent tv/movies (with the only exception of a few franchises) and most are children friendly.

Time will tell if they actually keep their words.
Old 2009-09-01, 09:17   Link #31
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Good to hear... Some people say that it would because Disney is known not to make violent tv/movies (with the only exception of a few franchises) and most are children friendly.

Time will tell if they actually keep their words.
and it might not be so bad picture the possibility of video game cross overs like...

Kingdom Hearts vs. Marvel Ultimate Alliance or better yet

Square-Enix owns Eidos, and Disney owns Marvel.

Think about it.

Lara Croft and JC Denton team up to defeat Dr. Doom and the Green Goblin.
Old 2009-09-01, 09:35   Link #32
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I wonder how many anime studios you can buy for 4 G$
Old 2009-09-01, 09:47   Link #33
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
And that's why their buying Marvel. They have that demographic locked down. Now, they trying to get in good with another demographic.

Again, Disney isn't planning to change anything in Marvel, they are trying to get in good with Marvel's demographic with consists of teenaged boys and young men.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 09:50   Link #34
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
The Disney and Pixar deal is really not a good example, Pixar never made Movies with Gore or adult topic.

And Based on the news, once the current deals that are in place for the upcoming movies are done, the Disney plan is to be the movie company behind these characters. So, More or less, they are going to be movies with a Pirates of the Caribbean feel in terms on how they are made. Or to be more accurate, Disney is behind a upcoming Prince of Persia movie, this movie is going to be a preview of what you can expect from a Disney made comic book movie.

Been that Said, Will the kid friendly Disney leave as it is the very adult orientated MAX universe? Where topic like drug addiction, torture, heroes using prostitution services, A Hero slicing open some Woman salver stomach so he can torture him bits by bits with his guts, are this things going to stay like that, or are they going to tone it down?

Just like the Editor control the writers of what they can write (for example Icons can’t kill villains), the owners can do the same to the editors.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:00   Link #35
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Any changes Disney makes is a risk to the cash cow that is Marvel. At the end of the day, where the dough flows is what's important. For now, I see "business as usual". With this purchase, Disney can simply shift edgy stuff over to Marvel, and let the kids' stuff stay within Disney proper.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:03   Link #36
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
and it might not be so bad picture the possibility of video game cross overs like...

Kingdom Hearts vs. Marvel Ultimate Alliance or better yet
I would play Disney vs Marvel just so I could make Captain America punch a Jonas Brother in the face.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:29   Link #37
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
I would play Disney vs Marvel just so I could make Captain America punch a Jonas Brother in the face.
You have gave me something after hearing that it makes me feel better hearing this news.

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2009-09-01 at 11:33.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 10:30   Link #38
kakakka

LOL, Isn't that impossible? I mean, most possible Vs. Game would be between fictional characters
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 10:36   Link #39
Shadow Kira01

Honestly, I don't think this will change anything at all.

The idea is kind of like Square-Enix. Although they are popular with the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy series which most people know of. However, Square-Enix has also worked on other projects of all sorts which can hit people as "no way" sort of thing.

Thus, I think just because Disney is buying MARVEL, it doesn't mean that we will be seeing drastic changes to the series as that is most unlikely. In fact, the possibility of the high executives of Disney being fans of MARVEL is quite possible. Just because Disney is made for kids doesn't mean that the high executives also like Disney products.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 10:38   Link #40
Nosauz

Quote:
can i haz your babiez?

buying Marvel was a really smart movie, disney has been losing market share on America's youth, but with this, you can bet disneyland will start having marvel based rides to get those kids back into the happiest place on earth.

PS. Shadowkira01
Don't kid yourself, any exec will change anything as long it helps the bottom line, and I'm thinking they bought marvel so they could do reboots of classic series in disney fashion a la lilo and stitch and that emperors new groove show. Still I think if they get a director and script writer who really enjoy marvel properties they won't be too far off.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote