Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-16, 02:01   Link #561
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ahh the good old "bitter sweet" ending theme...what you wont think will happen might actually happen...but until then i can only brace myself...
It's not an unwise decision to expect the worst - massacres happen quite occasionally (hello Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito).

Quote:
that woman in ep one could very well be mari - whos to say that she didnt have a breakdown beforehand and is now just getting back on her feet? im sure she would understand how hagino would have wished for her to have a happy life...*cries*
But to me, Hagino's 'protection' of Mari needs to be 'on-going'. The dangers will only increase if the Arume succeed in their invasion. If Hagino dies at the end, then I don't think Mari can actually 'move on'. In fact with a ''Hagino Dying Scenario'', I just can't see how that snippet in episode 1 makes sense, whoever it is.

Quote:
now we have another killable character ^^
Tsubael seems like the most doomed character to me >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulusx5
She looks harmless. BUT she's hot too. Ok I'm confused lol
Who, the Master Commander?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu_Hikaru
NO FREAKIN' WAY! sorry for the caps.
If that happens I will go to Japan to have a friendly word with the writer.
They put their two faces filled with joyous and blissful happiness in the OP and one such thing happens? It would be criminal!
If that woman in ep 1 is Micchi, she just doesn't look like one of her best friends died leaving another widowed. Besides, I doubt that Micchi is writing a sad fanfic. It wouldn't be appropriated for such a reputable girl's school.
I agree. A lot of people are expecting a sad tragic ending because of the messy situation Hagino has put herself in, but I'm still quietly positive on this one.

The only other anime I know of which Ohkura Masahiko wrote and directed was Sentou Yousei Yukikaze which is also about an alien invasion - albeit it wasn't based on a manga, but then neither is 'this' particular Blue Drop story.

Without spoiling too much, Yukikaze ended reasonably positive and that show overall was much more sombre than Blue Drop: Tenshitachi no Gikyoku. So I'm clinging to that unrelated piece of trivia, and also (like you say) that Micchi's play will likely have positive 'meaning'. It's also possible they could fly off together in Blue, tying to those OP lyrics (which Ohkura also wrote....)
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 02:25   Link #562
Zippicus

I've already prepared myself for a bad ending. If it doesn't happen, great, but I'm not really seeing much of a chance at this point. We have Mari wanted as a lab rat and Hagino wanted as a traitor, since we already know that the Arume win the war I'm not really seeing an easy way out of this mess for our heroines.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 02:53   Link #563
Mentar
Banned

There's always the "they manage to run and flee in Blue" opt-out. So, it's not without hope. But somehow a slightly more tragic resolution seems more likely to me.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 04:08   Link #564
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I don't care if the ending is tragic, dramatic, comedic, Yiddish, whatever, as long as it's a *good* ending. Though I do expect at least some drama because of the current scenario Ekaril and Mari have been placed in. The slice of life style is nice at the moment but they need something more than just a small skirmish plot each ep to push the overall plot toward some kind of resolution.

Finally saw ep 6 last night.
Spoiler for quick thoughts.:
Old 2007-11-16, 09:46   Link #565
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I don't care if the ending is tragic, dramatic, comedic, Yiddish, whatever, as long as it's a *good* ending. Though I do expect at least some drama because of the current scenario Ekaril and Mari have been placed in. The slice of life style is nice at the moment but they need something more than just a small skirmish plot each ep to push the overall plot toward some kind of resolution.

Finally saw ep 6 last night.
Spoiler for quick thoughts.:
Yeah, I didn't like the ending of FMA, but it was fair enough. Can't say it wasn't a good ending.
What I am thinking is, is because it's a Lesbian love story that is has to have a tragic ending? I've at least one movie in the subject that ended well.
And yeah, it was frustrating not to see Mari like that. A festival episode and that doesn't happen? And I still hope to see Hagino in that sort of traditional attire... I mean, she would look good dressing classic, I think. As if it were possible for her to look better. But one thing, we sure were spared to see something scarring on ep. 7!
Hakuryu_Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 13:44   Link #566
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Considering that we know
Spoiler for basic manga premise:

I can see Ekaril eventually being let off with an execution for her traitorous ways.
Tsubael's feelings are certainly doomed, though whether her very existence is... well, maybe if the Arume don't abide by the 'I was only following orders' excuse.

In any case, I have this nagging feeling that this can only end in tears.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 14:00   Link #567
Lesca

I think what happens to Ekaril is going to depend on what happens to the master commander, and Tsubael...maybe similar, but I wonder what would happen if Ekaril and Mari where to get very close and Tsubael saw it, she's very loyal to Ekaril but at the same time she has strong feelings for her and jealously can be a dangerous thing.
Old 2007-11-17, 19:35   Link #568
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, i can see that Mari will make one wonderful Mother in the future. Each episode she does something new to win me over --- i love seeing her in action, with a few blushes here and there. But damn it Hagino. Just from her facial expressions along makes her one hell of a interesting character --- not to mention outstanding and beautiful. From the bath scene, to her looking over a sleeping Mari. It's to much to handle sometimes. >_<

Last edited by Shiroth; 2007-11-17 at 19:50.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 20:11   Link #569
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow, i can see that Mari will make one wonderful Mother in the future. Each episode she does something new to win me over --- i love seeing her in action, with a few blushes here and there. But damn it Hagino. Just from her facial expressions along makes her one hell of a interesting character --- not to mention outstanding and beautiful. From the bath scene, to her looking over a sleeping Mari. It's to much to handle sometimes. >_<
Mari's seyuu is really awesome. What an outstanding job she is doing here. The character is so fresh, spontaneous and full of vitality. She really grows and blossoms with each episode.
Hagino is so absolutely wonderful and classy. Honestly, she totally could have taken advantage of Mari and abused her emotionally at this point, she is so admirably decent that I want to cry.
And I love the way they're doing this. The only person who needed to see Hagino naked was Mari. And that's it, folks. We all loser fanboys and girls can only wish!
It was simply genius!
Old 2007-11-17, 21:10   Link #570
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Has anyone managed to see any of these Blue Drop AMVS? They're absolutely hilarious. But for the non raw watcher who does mind spoilers, I'd advise against clicking on the second one..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDq8U...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wxHtYmXjPQ
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 21:13   Link #571
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu_Hikaru View Post
Mari's seyuu is really awesome. What an outstanding job she is doing here. The character is so fresh, spontaneous and full of vitality. She really grows and blossoms with each episode.
I second that. She's the new Shizuru without the Natsuki....or I could just be losing my mind
Quote:
Hagino is so absolutely wonderful and classy. Honestly, she totally could have taken advantage of Mari and abused her emotionally at this point, she is so admirably decent that I want to cry. And I love the way they're doing this. The only person who needed to see Hagino naked was Mari. And that's it, folks. We all loser fanboys and girls can only wish!
It was simply genius!
The fact that it never even occurs to Hagino to take advantage of Mari is awesome. She's got age, maturity and experience over Mari and doesn't club her over the head with it. You know, it never even crossed my mind that Hagino didn't freak with Mari just barged in, with child in hand to plop her into the tub. That's our Mari....no sense of decorum at all LOL!
Old 2007-11-17, 21:36   Link #572
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
You know, it never even crossed my mind that Hagino didn't freak with Mari just barged in, with child in hand to plop her into the tub. That's our Mari....no sense of decorum at all LOL!
Awwww... Mari is completely innocent and pure (hopefully she will eventually grow out of it, too )
Hagino got a bit shaky, actually, opening her lovely eyes widely... But afterwards, she didn't seem to mind Mari's bargening in... Then again, she is too classy to freak out. Remember when Mari was having a fit at the breakfast table? Hagino's answer?
You got a piece of rice in your cheek. Just gotta love her.
Old 2007-11-18, 00:02   Link #573
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

The creators of this series really like to skip scenes and show them as flashbacks later, thus far this device has worked like a charm.
Tsubael was so cute in the end.
Hagino is so calm, it's very easy to believe she is an alien.

Quote:
but I wonder what would happen if Ekaril and Mari where to get very close and Tsubael saw it, she's very loyal to Ekaril but at the same time she has strong feelings for her and jealously can be a dangerous thing.
I suspect this exact development will lead to the climax of the series.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:48   Link #574
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura View Post
Has anyone managed to see any of these Blue Drop AMVS? They're absolutely hilarious. But for the non raw watcher who does mind spoilers, I'd advise against clicking on the second one..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDq8U...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wxHtYmXjPQ
Yeah the second one is brilliant - with the hair bits! There is also this one, and the Chikane/Hagino/Mari moment at 00:56 is classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I suspect this exact development will lead to the climax of the series.
Well we've got to insert a psycho-lesbian somewhere into the show. I thought it might be Azanael, but who knows what path she'll go on. That said I could understand why Tsubael would feel betrayed - she's putting her life on the line for Hagino's 'cause'. And Hagino's cause is now secretly 'Mari'? Youch.

Okay my latest theory about 'the woman in episode 1'

Spoiler for episode 7:

I don't know if that idea seems a bit out of left field, but I think it could work.

EDIT: Hang, is the baby a boy or a girl??? I could have sworn it was a girl...

Actually the woman is probably going to be Mari - having rewatched episode 1, it certainly 'sounds' enough like her - and how long does the war last? The age seems to match up reasonably well too.

Last edited by Diodati; 2007-11-18 at 02:37. Reason: something ruined my theory
Diodati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 01:11   Link #575
Tenshii

Send a message via AIM to Tenshii Send a message via MSN to Tenshii
The future was shown in episode 1, so it's like a flashback?
Tenshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 01:16   Link #576
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
She's the new Shizuru without the Natsuki
Is she the Shizuru, or is she the Natsuki?
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 01:32   Link #577
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Campanula

A Small Eye

Once again Blue Drop amazes on how the story manages to handle two plots intertwined by a common denominator.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 01:55   Link #578
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati View Post
Okay my latest theory about 'the woman in episode 1'

Spoiler for episode 7:

I don't know if that idea seems a bit out of left field, but I think it could work.

Actually the woman is probably going to be Mari - having rewatched episode 1, it certainly 'sounds' enough like her - and how long does the war last? The age seems to match up reasonably well too.
In Japan the war lasts 9 years, but in the rest of the world it goes on for 20 more years. The conference takes place right after the war, 29 years after the anime series. Mari (or Micchi) would be 46 at that time.
Old 2007-11-18, 02:02   Link #579
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diodati View Post

Well we've got to insert a psycho-lesbian somewhere into the show. I thought it might be Azanael, but who knows what path she'll go on. That said I could understand why Tsubael would feel betrayed - she's putting her life on the line for Hagino's 'cause'. And Hagino's cause is now secretly 'Mari'? Youch.

Ok, it does make sense Tsubael as the psycho-lesbian. But, they were alone in that ship for five years and it doesn't look like a lot happened between the two of them. Why would it start happening, now?
Some people were trying to pair Yuko/Mari but apparently, it wasn't the case.
I think Tsubael and Hagino have a different kind of relationship other than romantic. I don't exclude the possibility of a crush or jealousy, but I wonder how intense they would be as to influence the outcome of events.
Tsubael deeply admires Hagino, but what I percieve is that Hagino has lots of deep admirers and maybe what's different about Mari is that she is not an yes woman. In any case, it's too early in the game to know exactly what is going on between Tsubael and Hagino. This show has a lot of different relationships, Akane and her father or Micchi and Mari and so on. Each of them as a particular nuance, not all of them are romantic.
Old 2007-11-18, 02:13   Link #580
Tenshii

Send a message via AIM to Tenshii Send a message via MSN to Tenshii
Quote:
In Japan the war lasts 9 years, but in the rest of the world it goes on for 20 more years. The conference takes place right after the war, 29 years after the anime series. Mari (or Micchi) would be 46 at that time.
That would make sense. ; If I recall I also saw a man next to the woman. Somehow I'm thinking Hagino isn't there anymore by that time.
Tenshii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri