AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-06, 07:30   Link #81
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
btw in IN whats the point of the "last card"? just to test your leet dodge skills?
Moar points, what else?
Old 2010-02-06, 07:34   Link #82
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering 'testing your leet dodging skills' is the entire point of Touhou to begin with, the first point may not be as far off either.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 12:47   Link #83
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN's Marisa
Okay, okay, I give up.
You're right.
The endless night, stealing the full moon,
Hiding the human village,
and putting hats on stone statues,
It's all Alice's fault. Now, bitch, get out of the way!
Magic team > all.

IN is so refreshing. I got into a habit playing it if I'm stuck or screwing up really bad in EoSD (Current goal), pretty effective getting the rage ouy of my head. /sips tea

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 11:00   Link #84
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Came back to the Touhou games after a long while, Mountain of Faith had just been released when I stopped playing them, and I was surprised to see two more games now.

My skills have declined so much I can't 1cc Imperishable Night in Normal anymore like I used to. I almost got PCB but I died in the final spellcard of stage 5 with homing Reimu (used to die all the time either at the stage 4 boss or somewhere in stage 5 before the final boss). I started using Marisa since I never used her in PCB and it's a hell lot of fun, even if I die quite consistently at the stage 4 boss.

Gave Subterranean Animism a try last night, holy shit that game is hard. The scoring system didn't impress me at all, might be my least favorite Touhou game yet, depending on how deep it gets once I get more practice and stop dying at stage 1 in Normal. UFO on the other hand was really impressive, possibly the best scoring system since IN, especially since you can pick your strategy and choose between more lives, more bombs or moar points.

Currenly I'm practicing Mountain of Faith since I used to suck horribly at it, I'm finding out that scoring and playing in general gets much easier with Marisa B, so gonna give it a spin for a few days and see what comes out of it.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 11:22   Link #85
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Touhou game? Let's see.... my experience of Touhou game can be sum up as below:

I suddenly had an urge to play shooting game, so went to youtube , type in "Yukari Touhou" , then watched the 12 minutes of actual game play, then i turned off youtube and give up my hope playing Touhou....

Short dream, isn't it?

Well i knows Yukari is supported to be hard boss, but she's my favourite Youkai, (*sigh*....if only i can see her pairing with my favourite human -Marisa, but no such dj could be found -_-').... Maybe i should go ask the image thread
Old 2010-02-25, 11:31   Link #86
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Practice makes perfect. Just believe that if you try, one day you can play like that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Currenly I'm practicing Mountain of Faith since I used to suck horribly at it, I'm finding out that scoring and playing in general gets much easier with Marisa B, so gonna give it a spin for a few days and see what comes out of it.
There is a glitch with Marisa B in MoF, though. Non-focus firing is stronger than focus one .

Marisa has always been my character since PCB, cuz she's fun to play, and in some case, harder to play compare to other chars.
Old 2010-02-25, 12:16   Link #87
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

I suddenly had an urge to play shooting game, so went to youtube , type in "Yukari Touhou" , then watched the 12 minutes of actual game play, then i turned off youtube and give up my hope playing Touhou....

Short dream, isn't it?

Well i knows Yukari is supported to be hard boss, but she's my favourite Youkai, (*sigh*....if only i can see her pairing with my favourite human -Marisa, but no such dj could be found -_-').... Maybe i should go ask the image thread
Touhou was the first danmaku game I played with any sort of dedication to it (IN to be more precise). Yes, it's awfully hard at first if you're not used to it but if you put an effort you can pick up the pace quite quickly. Within two days I was already achieving stage 5 with minimal hassle.

Also, if you focus on scoring it can be a hell of a fun ride since Touhou's scoring systems are some of the most creative I've seen in shmups in general.

Also, NEVER CONTINUE, always go for 1cc, don't be afraid to restart the game if you die on the first stage stupidly.

Old 2010-02-25, 13:15   Link #88
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Also, NEVER CONTINUE, always go for 1cc, don't be afraid to restart the game if you die on the first stage stupidly.
Why?

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 13:21   Link #89
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Dunno, it's something I always set for myself because I don't like continuing. Kinda ruins the idea of clearing the game in my mind. If you don't aim for a 1cc I get it but... there's no other way of playing these games IMO.

I now realize this is purely a personal choice and it shouldn't really count for everyone, but meh.

Old 2010-02-25, 17:28   Link #90
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Speaking of Touhou danmaku games, how many here have played Concealed the Conclusion? It's a fan-made game that tries to mimic an actual Touhou game, drawing most of its influence from IN. I think it has some of the most creative spellcard concepts, and I love the final boss fight. However, I do think some of the mechanics are a bit clunky as well.

The game also boasts the return of the popular spellcard practice option last seen in Imperishable Night, complete with cool new Last Words for everyone. Here are a few of my favorites:
Eirin's Maze-o-Doom:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49PYrKiGB1s
Yuka shows us how Master Spark is really done:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRYGeWJPRz0
Suika wants to play "Simon Says":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLhZP63XJDE
The Yakumo family together:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CZU3PBjbUw
Youmu tries her hand at DDR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7WnMc9rvwc
Reimu is just plain HAX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7tFLuliFc
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 18:36   Link #91
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I manage to run a no bomb Lunatic UFO for the ... 12/13th time. Byakuren appear to be quite easy now. I play Marisa, it is quicker that way. I also been practicing a non-focus, pacifist, Flandre runs but it appears to be quite hard... Bragging... I don't play ESOD Extra enough....
Old 2010-02-25, 20:56   Link #92
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Holy shit, I always thought there was something a little off with PCB's controls but today I discovered the vsync patch and fuck damn did that change the whole thing. Grazes that seemed impossible are now a piece of cake, in my first run I did Stage 1-3 perfect with Marisa A, and after practicing I can almost perfect Stage 4 (which I did poorly on my only true run and set me up for a crappy Stage 5--practicing I managed to perfect all the spellcards but some parts of the stage still get me walled easily if I'm not careful).

EDIT: Finally reached Stage 6, now I can practice 5.

Last edited by WanderingKnight; 2010-02-25 at 22:12.
Old 2010-02-28, 15:14   Link #93
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

So, recently got back to the games, too. I was somewhat turned off after MoF because I never really liked the new system all that much, although the game was still definitely okay. At least I could dig some of the characters, such as Sanae. SA and UFO though really tell me nothing, and the only remarkable thing from these two games are Satori's theme and the fact that ZUN made Sanae playable. For me, of course! So, here's hoping Touhou 13 will change stuff around a bit.

Grabbed my Shoot the Bullet copy and went ahead and after a bit of training I was stunned to see how well I'm doing. Haven't skipped any scene so far and I'm up to 9-6. That makes exactly 66 scenes cleared, which allows me to challenge Level Ex. Funny thing, though, I hit 66 with 9-5 and 9-6 is probably the worst spellcard in this game and I just find myself completely unable to beat it. The waves are too dense and they come too fast for the last shot and I probably won't capture it until I run into a lucky dodge.

Plus, since I got a little tired of losing against Kaguya over and over decided to install Mountain of Faith again, too. 1CC'ing Normal was fairly easy, since I managed to get to Kanako with 6 lifes. She was sort of a tough cookie though, and ended up beating it with only 3 lifes left, hoho.

Then proceeded to the Extra Stage. It was my first time on it and my first impression is that the actual stage itself is probably the easiest one from the series so far. Which sort of balances it, since Suwako seems to be somewhat annoying from her first ~5 spellcards, which were all I managed to see before losing, haha.

Anyway, that's that and hi from a fellow Touhou fan? :V

EDIT: Actually this reminds me, since this strikes me as a nice place to ask, anyone has trouble running MoF/SA/UFO in Window Mode? Somehow I just can't keep framerate stable in these three games. My specs aren't exactly awesome, but I really don't think I should have trouble with Touhou games. Besides, they work perfectly when Fullscreen, it's really only in Window mode that I seem to have framerate issues.

FYI I'm running the games on a Pentium Dual Core E5300 2,6GHz with 4GB RAM and a nVidia GeForce 9300.
Old 2010-02-28, 15:36   Link #94
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Considering the specs, sounds like a conflict between the game and another program. Has it always been this way, or is it a recent problem?
Old 2010-02-28, 16:07   Link #95
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

As far as I can remember it's always been this way. Not sure what might be causing it, all I have open most of the time is my MSN Messenger, mIRC and the game. Oh, and the antivirus (avast!).

I just think it's weird because it only happens from MoF and forth. PCB, IN, StB, PoFV and all the older games run perfectly fine windowed.
Old 2010-02-28, 16:49   Link #96
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm, if it's always been this way it might be a driver related problem. Have you tried updating your drivers?
Old 2010-02-28, 17:16   Link #97
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Yeah, I updated my graphics cards drivers not so long ago and nothing changed.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2010-02-28 at 17:40.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 19:24   Link #98
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

So it's not a driver related problem. Try disconnecting from the internet, de-activate your antivirus and run the game.
Old 2010-03-02, 05:48   Link #99
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

Short dream, isn't it?

You could always try the fighting game versions...
Old 2010-03-02, 16:07   Link #100
velvet
"with you, happiness"

ZUN's art consistency status = confirmed.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game, ps vita, touhou