Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-12, 07:54   Link #21
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
There are plenty of shoujo/josei novels too, so I don't see your point here, if they want to make a shoujo manga then base it on those novels :P

And no I'm not against shoujo. I just don't like when they take seinen novels and make shoujo manga based on them (and this is not the first time). If they did the opposite: take shoujo/josei novels and make shounen manga from them you'll see many angry fangirls.
When I had said there was plenty of seinen, I was sort of referring to upcoming anime, but you're right about there being lots of seinen and josei novels alike.

Actually, I'm not sure about that last comment. (About fangirls getting angry.) Since I can't read the novels anyway, I don't think it would bother me. lol. My point is, sure you can dislike them, but if it happens a lot, just ignore it and stick to the novels. If they actually took the novels and started making them shoujo, then that would be annoying. But the manga is a different medium, so people have the choice to follow the story for a male-targeted audience or a female-targeted audience. I think they're just trying to cash in more $$ by appealing to both males and females. (Although it doesn't work all the time.) I didn't mean it in an offense way, sorry if I seemed that like that.

~ Noodlehead

Last edited by Noodlehead; 2006-02-12 at 08:17.
Old 2006-02-12, 07:59   Link #22
Ialdaboth

Just a little disgression from this very interesting debate : A true (hopefully) Shinigami no Ballad art book is coming in april. Not yet listed on Amazon.jp, but I can't wait.

http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/users_s/...index.php#0202

And yes, I was pissed too when I saw what they have done with the toribla novels.

Last edited by Ialdaboth; 2006-02-12 at 09:04.
Old 2006-02-12, 09:00   Link #23
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead
Actually, I'm not sure about that last comment. (About fangirls getting angry.) Since I can't read the novels anyway, I don't think it would bother me. lol. My point is, sure you can dislike them, but if it happens a lot, just ignore it and stick to the novels. If they actually took the novels and started making them shoujo, then that would be annoying. But the manga is a different medium, so people have the choice to follow the story for a male-targeted audience or a female-targeted audience. I think they're just trying to cash in more $$ by appealing to both males and females. (Although it doesn't work all the time.) I didn't mean it in an offense way, sorry if I seemed that like that.

~ Noodlehead
I meant fangirls (in general) so that includes japanese fangirls, and I'm pretty sure that many of them will get angry if that happens.

Yes, the manga is a different medium, but still if I'm reading a seinen novel and I like it, and it turns out that its getting a manga (Yay Yay Yay ), but its a shoujo manga, I would be pretty annoyed about this

If they want to make manga appealing for females, there are "gazillion" of shoujo/josei novels that they can use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead
I think they're just trying to cash in more $$ by appealing to both males and females. (Although it doesn't work all the time.) I didn't mean it in an offense way, sorry if I seemed that like that.
I agree about them trying to make it appeal to both males and females to make more money, but the fact they always use shounen/seinen novels for that purpose pisses me off.

And don't worry, no need to apologize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth
Just a little disgression from this very interesting debate : A true (hopefully) Shinigami no Ballad is coming in april. Not yet listed on Amazon.jp, but I can't wait.

http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/users_s/...index.php#0202

And yes, I was pissed too when I saw what they have done with the toribla novels.
Wow thanks for the info Ialdaboth

A Shinigami no Ballad artbook

Ok I'm saying this from now (don't say its for children ) it says its published under the seinen(young men's) label Dengeki Bunko (a label for young men)

An artbook for young men.

Published under the seinen(young men's) label Dengeki Bunko
A book of paintings (artbook)
Release: 6/4/2006 (April 6th, 2006)
Price: 2,940 yen
All color
A4 Hardcover
96 pages
Old 2006-02-16, 10:11   Link #24
Ialdaboth

Some very small screenshots from the first episode :

http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/100100/epi1.html
Old 2006-02-27, 14:09   Link #25
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Shinigami No Ballad

しにがみのバラッド
Start: March 2nd in Japan
If you have watched Hanbun No Tsuki Ga Noboru Sora, you must be aware of WoWow's new concept, namely 6 ep long series, based on novels.
Shinigami no Ballad has already 7 volumes (yea 7 not 6)

Now the storyline is pretty blurry...not a lot is known bout the series but we know 3 things for sure
1. Its a 6 ep series
2. Each episiode is a one-shot and has its own ending
3. Main characters are Momo (the shinigami girl) and Daniel (her winged cat)

Quote:
白に包まれた少女、モモ…。The girl who is wrapped in white, Momo.
彼女の手には鈍く光る鎌。The sickle which shines dull in her hand.
傍らには羽根を持つ黒猫のダニエル…。Daniel the winged black cat by her side….
そう、少女は人の魂を運ぶ存在“死神”だった。The girl is a shinigami (god of death) who carries the soul of a person.
人間の心に白い死神がそっと触れる瞬間、A moment, the world where the white shinigami touches human heart,
世界はやさしさと哀しさに満たされてゆく…。are filled by gentleness and sadness…
各話完結で送る、ハートウォーミングストーリー。At the end of each episode is a touching story.
Translation by Yuko
I am gonna post more info later but if you can understand japanese go to the official website or check either Animedb, Animenfo or KuroNeko Blog

And yea Kuroneko is gonna subs it *evil laugh* and probably other groups ...No matter what lets hope it will be as good as Hantsuki

Last edited by Kawool; 2006-02-27 at 20:31. Reason: Threads merged. Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. It will keep you from annoying the moderators or making yourself look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-02-27, 14:33   Link #26
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

ive been getting info of this from kuroNeko, looks great similar style of animation to Hantsuki, the way the episodes are set reminds me of Rennt Lola Rennt, with multiple endings,

i will definatly be watching this one!
Old 2006-02-27, 15:09   Link #27
NeoSam

I already have a thread for this, its here:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26412

Covers of novel were posted a long time ago.
Old 2006-02-27, 16:45   Link #28
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanthraX^
ive been getting info of this from kuroNeko, looks great similar style of animation to Hantsuki, the way the episodes are set reminds me of Rennt Lola Rennt, with multiple endings,

i will definatly be watching this one!
Yeah same here, I saw it on KuroNeko's news update.
I am looking forward to this series ^^

Wai~ Rec just downloaded, im off
Old 2006-02-27, 17:31   Link #29
setsuka

i am looking forward to this one. hopefully it'll be a good one.
Old 2006-02-27, 20:28   Link #30
Kawool
地獄女

my bad ..but i dont get how hantsuki was in fansubs and unmoved and shinigami no ballad in general anime ...anyway sorry for that.
Old 2006-02-27, 21:30   Link #31
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawool
my bad ..but i dont get how hantsuki was in fansubs and unmoved and shinigami no ballad in general anime ...anyway sorry for that.
Simple, are there any fansubs of Shinigami no ballad yet?

Anyway, this is another series I'm looking foward to. Hopefully it'll be a worthy successor to Hantsuki's time slot.
Old 2006-03-01, 22:07   Link #32
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

Trailer's out from Triad, ep 1 coming soon(tm).
Old 2006-03-02, 07:02   Link #33
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna
Trailer's out from Triad, ep 1 coming soon(tm).
Tommorrow 12:30AM (Japan time) , so exciting coz tml is my birthday as well .
Old 2006-03-02, 07:38   Link #34
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Woooo loli death goddess, this I gotta watch.
Old 2006-03-02, 09:18   Link #35
DaFool
Resident devil

The fact that this seinen novel became shoujo manga means that the original story has crossover appeal.

Haven't you noticed there are actually less shoujo shoujo shows nowadays? The last true shoujo show I can remember is Gakuen Alice and Precure. I might be wrong even there. Anything recent, such as Pani Pani Dash, Animal Yokocho (?), are too hardcore to be shoujo and many are indeed seinen. And the few female-targeted anime nowadays are josei. I think the anime producers have finally realized go cater to those who actually have cash in their pockets, namely working young men and women ^_^. That's why we have so many fanservice and pretty boy anime.

And yes, there is a difference with regards to medium, like what people have argued. 60% of manga buyers in North America are female. If that's so, why the heck is shoujo anime selling poorly in the U.S.? (with the exception of titles such as CCS and Fruits Basket). Hence most of the new license acquisitions are shounen / seinen. So if one were to think about it, it does make sense to:

1.) Start with a hardcore seinen novel
2.) Make a shoujo manga adaptation
3.) Make a seinen anime that appeals to the original market (1.) and a few from the manga (2.) market

6 episodes is a decent amount. I hear each episode is sort of standalone, but even it weren't, this is a drama anime we're talking about and heaven forbid guys like soap-operas. Short and sweet is the way to go.
Old 2006-03-02, 10:52   Link #36
Kawool
地獄女

Well for those who care, Kuroneko has released the trailers too (yea there 2 but we merged them together)

also for ppl who cant BT , there is a direct download link available at Kuroneko Blog but do not copy/paste this link or else i remove it...

Enjoy and lets hope ep 1 will be great !
Old 2006-03-02, 10:58   Link #37
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looking very forward to episode 01.. this looks just like the type of anime i'd watch.

Though, six episodes - i hope i come out with the same feeling i got after Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu finished.
Old 2006-03-02, 11:50   Link #38
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw episode 1 which just aired, and here are my initial thoughts:

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Although I found episode 1 to be intriguing, there may be mixed feelings among viewers. If the moral of the story is to acknowledge the importance of life, character development is certainly in need.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-03-02, 12:18   Link #39
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Animal Yokocho (?), are too hardcore to be shoujo and many are indeed seinen.
Uh, AniYoko is obviously shoujo. It runs in Ribon, for crying out loud.
Old 2006-03-02, 13:05   Link #40
Rion
Ramune~

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
All in all, the artwork was in line with Hantsuki, also done by Group TAC, which is decent, whereas the music was slightly depressing, although the opening song featured English lyrics.
Oh, the artwork is one of the reasons I disliked Hantsuki. The covers of the novels are so incredibly beautiful, whereas the character design in the anime were really crappy in my eyes. Shinigami no Ballad looks a little bit better though, from what I can say from the trailer.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, fantasy, shounen