AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-19, 20:46   Link #201
Miraluka
Banned

*Pulls out a shield*

Mamoru-san?

LOl, Sunrise trolled some people here .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 21:23   Link #202
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
What? There is a male in this show? I can't wait to see this episode soon.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 23:56   Link #203
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 00:06   Link #204
Dr. Casey

You know the anime community is screwed up when heroines having a love interest, something that opens up the floodgates for a plethora of character development along with heartwarming scenes and great drama, is considered a bad thing. (Not directed to AnimeSuki since nothing of the sort has gone on here, but seriously, in my younger and more innocent pre-otaku years I'd never have imagined that main characters falling in love would ever be conceived as a dealbreaker. That's about as asinine as people rebelling against clever dialogue, likable characters, or exciting/touching climaxes.)

Still waiting for subs; if subs were out yet, I'd be off watching the next episode of this super awesome show rather than posting on AnimeSuki.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 00:20   Link #205
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
You know the anime community is screwed up when heroines having a love interest, something that opens up the floodgates for a plethora of character development along with heartwarming scenes and great drama, is considered a bad thing. (Not directed to AnimeSuki since nothing of the sort has gone on here, but seriously, in my younger and more innocent pre-otaku years I'd never have imagined that main characters falling in love would ever be conceived as a dealbreaker. That's about as asinine as people rebelling against clever dialogue, likable characters, or exciting/touching climaxes.)
Don't be silly. Having a love interest is fine. It's just supposed to be one of the other girls!
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 03:30   Link #206
EroKing

Episode 3

So Yuka has a crush on someone and sadly for mangatron it's not him. Can't wait to see his reaction

Rinko's reaction on the other hand, clearly she is jelly

Saki looked super erotic/delicious quite mature for her age in those scenes
Old 2012-04-20, 03:33   Link #207
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Too bad some of them are complaining male love interests in a anime featuring a all-girls cast...
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 04:24   Link #208
dr_marronflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey

Still waiting for subs; if subs were out yet, I'd be off watching the next episode of this super awesome show rather than posting on AnimeSuki.
As Random Wandered says, the problem is the male love interest. I mean, if I wanted to see hetero romance I would be watching something else.
*sigh*
See, this is why we cant have nice things.
Old 2012-04-20, 05:55   Link #209
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

*walks into thread*

*sees people worrying about Miyano Mamoru being in an anime*

Error error error

01000100011011110110010101110011001000000110111001 10111100100000011000110110111101101101011100000111 01010111010001100101001000000101011101010100010001 10001000000110100101110011001000000111010001101000 01101001011100110010000001001001001000000110010001 10111101101110011101000010000001100101011101100110 010101101110

Is this really it? Had we reached the point where even Mamoru-san can be criticized for cock-blocking yuri fantasies? Have we reached the end now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Ok Arabesque ... that was a total tease post!

Now I am looking forward to it even more!
Yeah, well I actually wanted to post some more once I got around to watching the subs, but I'll wait for episode 3 and watch it back-to-back with 2.

I will say that personally, I liked episode 1 well enough, though probably not as great as I might have painted it sorry for the disappointment ^^;;

I will say that I think the ideas presented in the show itself are pretty unique and interesting, and I don't think the cast is that annoying (they have their moments ...) rather, I think the main issue with the show so far is that when it comes to presenting these unique ideas, it comes short due to how the transitioning between events and scenes isn't really done that well. The rock scene at the end of the first episode probably was the most glaring example I can see, since the way they get into the flying part from the fighting and then come out with Saki just leaving like that wasn't a really believable way of handling the scene.

From what I'm reading in the thread, episode 2 seems to suffer from a different sort of problem, though of course I'll have to see it to judge for myself.

In any case, I have faith in Mizushima-san. I'm sure he wont let me down
Old 2012-04-20, 08:07   Link #210
Sol Falling

Ep. 3 subs have actually been out for a little while now. Was actually pretty nice.

If you didn't get enough of the "girls sticking to each other" shenanigans in ep. 2 then you're in for a bit of a treat. lol.

I thought the resolution with Natsumi's kid brother was also pretty nice. This episode was the first one in which I thought the emotional aspect was rather well done. It makes the impending aspect of Saki moving away a bit more real. I've got a bit more confidence now in the execution of this series.

Yuka and the intruding male will show up in the next episode. Rin's reaction to her and Yuka's brief encounter with him in this episode makes things a bit interesting. I think the producers of this series certainly must be consciously sending forth these yuri overtones. If that's the case, then I wonder how they'll play this "male sempai" scenario.

Certainly, though, I think the fact that "sempai" is voiced by Miyano Mamoru is completely irrelevant. Who cares who the voice actor is? Whether he ends up as Yuka's romantic interest or not, it's not like he'll have any major role in this series (it's about the four Sphere girls, duh). The obvious yuri pandering adds a layer of interest to the central premise (if we're gonna see these four girls all the time, why not have them be into each other? lol) rather than diluting it (oh wow, friendship, that's great) :P.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:29   Link #211
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Yuka and Rin got stuck together this time. Even though Yuusuke and Daiki were fighting, glad they were able to make up. Saki was pretty clever in scaring him. So Yuka has a crush.
Old 2012-04-20, 09:30   Link #212
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Certainly, though, I think the fact that "sempai" is voiced by Miyano Mamoru is completely irrelevant. Who cares who the voice actor is?
In any other anime, I might agree ... but not in an anime where one of the main draws is that Sphere, an idol group, is voicing the 4 main leads. So caring about who is voicing who is sort of relevant here, since how much attention would this show get otherwise?

Beside, they could have gone for a relative unknown, not someone extreme popular. That doesn't say he's going to stay for the rest of the show, but I doubt that just makes his character an ''intruder'' () in a show where idols are the ones voicing the main cast.

Quote:
Whether he ends up as Yuka's romantic interest or not, it's not like he'll have any major role in this series (it's about the four Sphere girls, duh)
Probably, but it's still nice to hear him when he's around ...

Quote:
(if we're gonna see these four girls all the time, why not have them be into each other? lol) rather than diluting it (oh wow, friendship, that's great) :P.

Seriously though, I think you guys might be strapping on those yuri goggles a bit too tight. The show might have a ''yuri undertone'' but that doesn't mean the girls are all lesbians. Some of them maybe, but all ...?
Old 2012-04-20, 09:40   Link #213
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
*walks into thread*

*sees people worrying about Miyano Mamoru being in an anime*

Error error error

01000100011011110110010101110011001000000110111001 10111100100000011000110110111101101101011100000111 01010111010001100101001000000101011101010100010001 10001000000110100101110011001000000111010001101000 01101001011100110010000001001001001000000110010001 10111101101110011101000010000001100101011101100110 010101101110

Is this really it? Had we reached the point where even Mamoru-san can be criticized for cock-blocking yuri fantasies? Have we reached the end now?
Sunrise show as I keep saying. They get different rules from the rest of the anime industry.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:54   Link #214
Midonin
Last Engage

Girls' Life 04 - The Weight of a Duck

That scene with Miyano's character (he never even got a name) was much shorter than I expected for the deal people are making out of it. My take on it is that it's fine as a subplot, but I don't want it consume the show - this show is about the girls and the rock. In fact, I'd argue the rock is the main character. The show's already established a nice, fantastical premise that doesn't necessarily need a generic romantic subplot tacked in there. The actual episodes was about kids who are much younger, anyway.

Saki's made some great strides forward in the show, already turning her departure into a plus (the witch costume was nice, too) and seeing the girls figure out just how the magic works is always fun. The logistics of magic in a universe say a lot about how it works. And YukaRin make just as nice a pair as SakiNatsu.

...and now I see what the deal is. It's next week. One episode is fine, but then we can get back to the rock. That's what I'm here for.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 09:55   Link #215
Marina2

So,....

The miracle stone rules *updated*

1. You don't need four people to make it work. Two people is enough.
2. You can't undo a wish with another wish.
3. You can't wish a same thing more than once.
4. Rinko doesn't have to take a part.

Unconfirmed
- Will the stone work for different pair? (Natsumi/Yuka and Saki/Rinko)
- Will the stone work for other group of people?
- How flexiable is the wish ? If you can't wish to fly anymore,how about go for the word play like "We want to float in the air"
- The power and limitation of the stone to grant a wish (what kind of wish is possible/impossible?)
- Will the wish work if the target of a wish is not 4 of MCs?
Old 2012-04-20, 10:31   Link #216
Random Wanderer

The reminders that Saki is moving away make me sad.

Quote:
4. Rinko doesn't have to take a part.
Yeah, that killed one of my theories.

Quote:
3. You can't wish a same thing more than once.
That one seems to be just a guess, though. The kids don't really know why it didn't work.

Quote:
2. You can't undo a wish with another wish.
See above, although I'm more inclined to believe this one.

Anyway, I liked Natsumi and Saki getting a bit of revenge for sticking them together. Although I was a bit surprised that it took that long for the two of them to get their hearts in sync to cancel out the wish. But hey, they got to experience the inconvenience that they forced on their friends the day before, so they had it coming.

Quote:
The show's already established a nice, fantastical premise that doesn't necessarily need a generic romantic subplot tacked in there.
I tend to agree. My comment earlier about requiring yuri was mostly in jest. While I don't object to the mild subtext, this show is about four girls, their friendship, and the magic of the big rock. I think an actual romance plot is a sidetrack the series doesn't need. Not to mention that the girls are still in middle school, and out of all of them Yuka is the one I would consider to be the least ready for a romantic relationship.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 11:06   Link #217
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

We seem to have finally gotten a good look at Saki's "normal" personality in the episode after the drama of the previous one. Her cool and refined behavior makes her quite attractive.

This episode proved that not all four of the girls have to desire something for it to happen, and just two (or possibly one) are enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
two of them to get their hearts in sync to cancel out the wish.
That's a great explanation, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Agreed. I'm okay with all-female casts with yuri undertones and no romance like with A-Channel, K-On and Madoka Magica, but not every four-girl ensemble anime should be restricted to this formula. I'm greatly looking forward to Yuka's romance/crush next episode, and I'm sure that it'll give some insight into her character.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 11:41   Link #218
ookamigirl

So girls got spotted by kids when they were flying.
Natsuki & Saki revenge on Yuka & Rin was just ROFL
That Yuusuke kid was really stubborn and persistent about what he saw.
Still don't get why Saki would want to show Yuusuke them flying.
It was sad she couldn't make her promise to him come true.
Guess that stone is tricky.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 12:20   Link #219
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This was another nice episode but I guess it confirms my suspicions that Natsuiro Kiseki doesn't plan on being particularly ambitious with it's slice of life. Seems like it's going to focus mostly on simply problems and not bring in any particularly unique or complex feelings and situations. Well at least it's not as bad as Tamayura...

A bit of romance has been hinted but imo the guy probably won't be breaking the overall Girl-friendship centred storyline. In fact it will probably be more about how Yuka's romance will affect her friendship with the others, than it will be about the actual romance.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 16:52   Link #220
Kitsu Breaker

I worried this become a School Days, maybe I am too paranoid

This two girls have the best sax life
FIGHT FOR THE YURI
Kitsu Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural