AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-06, 11:11   Link #14321
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

R+V's doing so well because Moka and/or Tsukune trumps Edward (Twilight) any day of the week.
Old 2010-06-06, 12:35   Link #14322
X207
Gamyūsa

thank you tyranuus, you reminded me about the 2nd S&W. i gotta go order it and wait for june 15 to come around. according to chapters.ca the 3rd movel comes out december 7 2010 which is ironically the same day RV se2 vol 3 manga is released. im planning to order RV se2 Vol 2 later on as august 3 is around a month away. i really hope december 7th comes around quickly, i want to get the snow village arc volume asap.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 12:44   Link #14323
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Okay, I re-looked at that page (or more specifically, that panel), in both the official release and the original scanlation... for one, he doesn't look like anyone from Youkai Academy. However, I also noticed that there actually doesn't seem to be any wind, and that the monk/priest (depending on which version you go by) just dropped it... by accident? That one is up in the air. I'll even admit, it could be a youkai in disguise. After all, when looking at how Hokuto got involved, the same type of lyer litterally flew to his window... which makes my theory of 'Youkai Academy continually searches for humans' quite plausible. Not only that, but based on who their donors were, I have a feeling that the Headmaster hopes that whatever human he snags will end up also running into a vampire. Sure, we don't know what Kiria is. But, I have a feeling he's part vampire.

But still, the fact remains that until we're given further absolute evidence, the arrival of Tsukune himself to Youkai Academy is pure coincidence/luck

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 13:30   Link #14324
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Spoiler for snip:
I agree that until we get some more evidence we can't be certain that Tsukune's entrance into Youkai Gauken is coincidental or not.

On the other thing that you mentioned Magin ... I'm not too sure if the headmaster has some control over, who the human in question meets with ... though anything is possible .... and the Headmaster's motives will be probably revealed later in the story.

I kind of think that rather then specifically orchestrating a meeting between the freshman human who has just been applied to the Youkai Academy and a vampire (since vampires are pretty rare after all and aren't quite sociable to others ), he's trying to pair up the human in question with a pretty strong youkai spices, so that the resulting human - monster hybrid which the human eventually turns too ( after being injected with youkai blood ) would become a pretty powerful ayashi as well .. so that they would be quite able to bring some sort of change between the human and youkai worlds.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 15:46   Link #14325
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Okay, I re-looked at that page (or more specifically, that panel), in both the official release and the original scanlation... for one, he doesn't look like anyone from Youkai Academy. However, I also noticed that there actually doesn't seem to be any wind, and that the monk/priest (depending on which version you go by) just dropped it... by accident? That one is up in the air. I'll even admit, it could be a youkai in disguise. After all, when looking at how Hokuto got involved, the same type of lyer litterally flew to his window... which makes my theory of 'Youkai Academy continually searches for humans' quite plausible. Not only that, but based on who their donors were, I have a feeling that the Headmaster hopes that whatever human he snags will end up also running into a vampire. Sure, we don't know what Kiria is. But, I have a feeling he's part vampire.

But still, the fact remains that until we're given further absolute evidence, the arrival of Tsukune himself to Youkai Academy is pure coincidence/luck
I have mentioned it before that I believe Kiria is part-Vampire due to his fangs and that left eye of his, which looks similar to a Vampires. He also seems strong enough to rank among the upper echelons of Vampire society. But I don't really know why the headmaster, or the academy in general, would be actively looking for humans to come to Youkai academy, not when both of the known cases of humans enrolling in said academy appeared to have enrolled by pure chance. And I doubt it could be anyone outside the academy because the only people who would want humans to come to Youkai Academy and thus attempt to make humans see there is a world beyond their own is Fairy Tail. I could see that as part of their campaign to instill a loathing for Ayashi into humans and entice them into war against them, forcing the academy to close down due to the ensuing war. But if that were true, they would know what Tsukune really is so that makes it a moot point.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 16:25   Link #14326
KoSa333

I don't really remember how the bus driver and the headmaster knew Tsukune was a human originally (or at least non-ayashi) even though they shouldn't have. (even the most powerful youkais can't make difference between humans and youkais in human form)
Maybe it has something to to with that dropped flyer
KoSa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 16:30   Link #14327
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Well, lets see, why not count all the things that have happened in the first chapter alone that could be attributed to Dumb Luck.

Lets start with Tsukune's failure in getting in all other schools even though by all rights, he should have been able to barely squeak by to land at least one of them.

Second, the flier, if that was dropped by accident, okay, but why right at that time that Tsukune's father just happen to be at the right place at the right time to pick it up, from a creepy priest.

Third, Moka's timing. Yes, she arrived at just the right time and just happened to be on a bike, plus going at what looked like full speed while her bike's brakes fail, and she and Tsukune crash. She looked like she was desperately trying to stop, so that's why I think her brakes failed, so she was just coasting at that moment. And again, by luck, on that wide path they were on near the bus stop she didn't bother swerving or anything to avoid him.

Then the last thing I saw as luck was that Tsukune managed to remove Moka's rosary, and thus set things strait for the rest of the series. Dumb Luck? I think not. Too many things happening that were thrown to chance, but might have been subtly manipulated from the sidelines to make this possible.

I didn't really count that Tsukune was bleeding at Moka and his first meeting, so I don't count that her taking a liking to him there as luck, because I'm sure she would have bitten him anyway, even if he wasn't bleeding. Though I'm sure that if he was a genuinely bad person she wouldn't have bothered with him. I seems to remember somewhere Moka mentioning that those who are bad of heart don't smell very tasty to her, and thus why she likes Tsukune's blood so much.

Though, there could be something else to consider, Since Akasha is also a dark lord, perhaps she and Mikogami (the headmaster) met before the series start to plan all this out knowing Moka would be attending the academy.

Being that she too may have that softer side decided that Moka needed something to make her solidify her resolve in something, and her and Tsukune's meeting set the whole thing in motion. Being that Tsukune is the kind person he is, was just icing on the cake for the dark trio.

A bit far fetched, but could be a possibility.
Old 2010-06-06, 17:28   Link #14328
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

wait are we talkin about what now?
Old 2010-06-06, 17:32   Link #14329
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
We're talkin about youkai Dark Lord Conspiracies to hook up Moka with Tsukune, plotted by her own mother. That's what we're talkin about.... well, at least "I" am.
Old 2010-06-06, 17:58   Link #14330
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
We're talkin about youkai Dark Lord Conspiracies to hook up Moka with Tsukune, plotted by her own mother. That's what we're talkin about.... well, at least "I" am.
I don't want to sadden you, but if you'll read again first few chapters of R+V, it should be obvious mangaka idea of this manga was something like: "lets try a romance shounen manga, but with wampires and witches". First half of first season was made of independent chapters, without any main plot. R+V turned to be a success and a plot appeared. Of course your opinion may vary
Ikeda is a good author, so he easily "recycled" characters or plot elements introduced at first chapters, so now they "fit" to plot about TF.
IMO Margin is right - Tsukune enrolling to Youkai Academy, meeting with Moka etc. were just typical shounen manga protagonist dumb luck. Ikeda, of course, could in future chapters, "reveal" that Tsukune enrollment was not an accident. It's not so hard for a good author.
Here you could find a nice explanation how a good author could change a plot, recycle characters and join loose ends, when he is forced to rewrite a part of a story due to unexpected circumstances. It's about Babylon 5 show (it's an old show, but worth watching!).

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 00:17   Link #14331
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post

When you put it like that.. you make it seem like every MILF we've come across in the series wants to make Tsukune their son-in-law!

also, the author always leaves room for little re-writes down the road. I'm sure that they have a basic outline but leave plenty of holes for changes if needed

Old 2010-06-07, 00:28   Link #14332
Chris38

Quote:
When you put it like that.. you make it seem like every MILF we've come across in the series wants to make Tsukune their son-in-law!

also, the author always leaves room for little re-writes down the road. I'm sure that they have a basic outline but leave plenty of holes for changes if needed
Well, so far it has been the most predictable outcome after Tsukune has met the parents of the girls in his harem, the only exception was Yukari's parents, but since they hadn't got much screen time in the series (I mean they haven't even said one word when they appeared) ... so judging from that I wouldn't be too surprised that Akasha will fallow the same pattern after she finally gets to meet up with Tsukune.

@GrrDraxin

I will admit that there are a lot of hints that point out that Tsukune entering Youkai Academy and meeting up with Moka wasn't coincidental ... but we still don't know who might be pulling the strings and what could be their motive for setting up the meeting between Moka and Tsukune ... since I doubt that they (if someone orchestrated their meting, of course), already knew that Tsukune would be injected with Moka's vampire blood.

Given that similar "coincidental" events happened when Hokuto has entered the Youkai Academy, I will admit that it might be possible that someone orchestrated the whole appliance procedure of Tsukune and Hokuto into Youkai Gauken, and the most likely suspect is the Headmaster, but until we are given more hints on that, it still remains a speculation on our part.

Regarding what you mentioned about Akasha GrrDraxin, I wouldn't be too surprised if it's going to be revealed later in the story that Mikogami was made by Akasha into Moka's legal guardian ... so what you mentioned is something that I definitely see as a possibility.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-06-07 at 00:48.
Old 2010-06-07, 01:39   Link #14333
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I think this is what Jack Frost meant in the Snow Village arc.

Those 2 have a certain destiny. Mizore is also involved getting inside Moka's memories. Hmm....
Old 2010-06-07, 01:44   Link #14334
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

That second part is just your Mizore fanboyness speaking...

and remember, this is still shounen. As was mentioned, there's a lot of factors that were all a case of luck, and Tsukune being in the right place at the right time. I doubt that the Headmaster really had anything to do with Tsukune and Moka really meeting, just that he was able to get both a vampire and human in the Academy, and when he found out there was an actual relationship between them, that's when the plotting started...

Old 2010-06-07, 06:03   Link #14335
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
Well that's true ... it's certainly possible that Tsukune entering and meeting up with Moka was just a coincidence, which is kind of typical in shounen mangas to start the plot going. Honestly I doubt that we have anything more to discuss on this matter, since it's not like we have any more evidence that might change the opinions of the interested parties ... and I don't think that continuing the discussion on this topic has much sense.

So how about I bring up something that was mentioned earlier, and seems to be more related to the recent chapter's ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Spoiler for snip:
)
Well zibi88 I think that the protagonist being able to quickly master and learn new abilities is something typical for shuonen manga, though you may be right by saying that Tsukune wasn't a typical human at the beginning of the story, since apart from being able to quickly master vampire techniques, Tsukune was also able to withstand injuries that would normally kill a normal human without any problems, ... of course usually he would be recovered by Moka injecting her blood into Tsukune, but still for him to be able to cling to life for a few seconds, so that Moka would be able to heal him is still something unusual for a human to do.

I mean for example if a normal human have received such major injuries as Tsukune during his confrontation with Kuyou, he would probably die instantly, but Tsukune was still able to cling to life for a few seconds, which gave Inner Moka some time to inject her blood into Tsukune.

But until we learn a bit more about Tsukune and his family we won't be sure if Tsukune was still a normal human being or some rare kind of a human with some supernatural abilities. (such as Psychicer's that Yoko Takeo has mentioned in one of his recent posts. )

Regarding Moka's memories , in which Tsukune, Mizore and Tohou Fuhai are currently located ... I doubt it has any other effect then changing Moka's perspective about the events that transparied inside the sealed memory, meaning that if Tsukune, Mizore and Tohou Fuhai interfere to many times inside Moka's memories ... Moka will start thinking that things went quite differently then before (for example Moka, if she remembers the memories contained in the Rosario, will probably think that she met Tsukune during her childhood, which is quire different from how really things went by, where Moka couldn't have met up with Tsukune at all. .)

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-06-07 at 08:34.
Old 2010-06-07, 14:48   Link #14336
usspaul

well i just got me a chance to look at ch31 and moka during her birthday party looked really cute
Spoiler for cute moka:
and well akuha is good looking too
Spoiler for ahuka:
but when i was looking at the scans i was like wtf when i saw this
Spoiler for wtf moment:
usspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 14:51   Link #14337
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for Chapter 31:
Old 2010-06-07, 15:01   Link #14338
usspaul

Spoiler for ch31:
Old 2010-06-07, 15:03   Link #14339
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
Spoiler for ch31:
Spoiler for Chapter 31:
Old 2010-06-07, 15:06   Link #14340
usspaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 31:
Spoiler for ch31:

Last edited by usspaul; 2010-06-07 at 15:23.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire