Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-30, 02:50   Link #621
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
What is the difference between Amalgams? Is X(Forgot name) able to control the ones created from already dead people? Is that why they kill people first? The ones created from living have free will?
It appears that reanimated corpses might not retain all of their mental faculties, but it's an arguable point. So far it seems that the infection can change certain people into 'generic' demoniacs (the gray-blue type with goat-like legs - AKA Demoniacs). Nevertheless, it seems possible to breed specific 'praetorian' classes, like with those flying, red-skirted Demoniacs (although I believe they were created by Beatrice as they share physical likenesses with her Blassreiter mode).

However, certain victims appear to have the potential to evolve beyond the mere 'puppet' model and retain all of their sanity. My guess is that it has to do with the nanobot model they've been administered, courtesy of a certain woman. So far, it seems those that have been directly approached by Beatrice or infected by 'superior' Blassreiters can have outstanding bodies that are more based on their abilities or personality, while what you'd consider cannon fodder are left with the generic body model.

Furthermore, the Blassreiters, depending on their level of strength, can act like a pack's alpha, mentally subduing the Demoniacs. I imagine that for those poor devils (pardon the pun), their personalities are suppressed by their leader or they're left with an animalistic consciousness, although it's more than obvious that they still retain memories about their environment (ability to use cars, camouflage themselves using nearby machinery), etc.

The differences are a bit blurry but for me, the bottom is that 1°) unless you're someone with a strong persona, 2°) unless you've been personally approached by Beatrice with her ever-present pill or 3°) you've been infected by a Blassreiter...
You'll change into a Demoniac.
Old 2008-08-30, 03:05   Link #622
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

It's all about evolution. They probably become more powerful depending on the threat and try to evolve accordingly to defend against it or whatever. (Possible examples: Gerd's ex had good shield ability since she was afraid of Gerd or Wolf with thick armor because he didn't want to die).

If the person is dead, then they have no will so they just become basic amalgams.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 09:54   Link #623
TigerII
Pilot in Training

So far as I have seen, the dead come back in one of three forms, those infected while alive are all different. I have not seen any other case.

As for controlling cars, the fodder ones are under control. Remember when Wolf lost control? I am guessing that the ability to control the vehicles is sort of implanted in their minds. They act too mindless when not being directly controlled. I know some of the live ones went mindless, but they yelled and screamed when they did. The dead ones are silent or grunt.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 14:19   Link #624
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Episode 20 YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8qVrq47Xnw

Won't comment tonight - too busy for that.
Old 2008-08-30, 14:46   Link #625
angershallreign

So far, my predictions have been completely wrong. I guess Blassreiter will continue to surprise me to the very end lol.
angershallreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 14:51   Link #626
TrueKnight

Nice ep and all with Joseph kicking Beatrice's ass, and an overpowered Xargin. But the way they leave a cliffhanger regarding Snow's fate angers me. >:[
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 14:58   Link #627
angershallreign

Yeah, it seems like a whole chunk of the story is missing, from between episode 19 and 20. We don't see what happened to Snow, or Joseph's return to Zwolf. I'd rather have seen that than have a recap of the previous episode. Oh well.
Old 2008-08-30, 15:11   Link #628
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 20
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 16:12   Link #629
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Now I'm wondering if Xargin will tentacle rape Sasha.
Old 2008-08-30, 16:16   Link #630
Spitze

I guess Beatrice is Xargin's analogy for Snow.
Spitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 16:39   Link #631
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I have to admit, I like this GONZO production better than most of their shows from past.
cough*Dragonaut*cough
Old 2008-08-30, 22:22   Link #632
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The hell, powered up Joseph owned Beatrice, and then Xargin proceeded to totally own him without transforming. How strong is this guy? And will we ever see an episode with decent Joseph dialogue instead of going ARRRRGGGGHHHH or XARGINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!?

I kinda like Xargin and Beatrice's love(?) story though
Old 2008-08-30, 22:32   Link #633
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Apparently Xargin is all powerful.
Old 2008-08-30, 23:24   Link #634
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

Hell? Seems there is a BIG gap between 19 and 20.

No single word on Snow and how Joseph was back to the headquarter.

BTW, in 21, it seems Zwölf is finished, badly.
Old 2008-08-31, 06:10   Link #635
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Good. I hate them all except Shido
Old 2008-08-31, 06:16   Link #636
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
megumi is cool too
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 07:47   Link #637
angershallreign

Joseph is a hypocrite. He criticised Gerd for choosing to hurt others, rather than let himself be hurt. But Joseph is doing the same now. Just like Gerd went crazy against Jil, Joseph went crazy against Beatrice. It's good that Joseph has changed (even Malek described Joseph's way of thinking as cowardly), but Joseph made Gerd out to be wrong when he wasn't.

And if I have to see another Joseph versus Xargin fight, I'm going to go crazy lol.
Old 2008-08-31, 12:08   Link #638
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

They'll probably never make a real Joseph vs Xargin fight. Xargin is just going to get killed off by Zwolf's anti-blassreiter thing. The rest will just be the world invading Germany or whatever.

But who knows, maybe Joseph sees Xargin kill Sasha and goes berserk without the neck thing.
Old 2008-08-31, 13:49   Link #639
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
The rest will just be the world invading Germany or whatever.
....again...lol.
Old 2008-09-01, 00:02   Link #640
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
They'll probably never make a real Joseph vs Xargin fight. Xargin is just going to get killed off by Zwolf's anti-blassreiter thing. The rest will just be the world invading Germany or whatever.

But who knows, maybe Joseph sees Xargin kill Sasha and goes berserk without the neck thing.
The way Xargin commented on him, I think its unavoidable he gonna get another power up soon.

That or Herman and Malek still have a say in the current conflict. And where the hell is Elea after all this time? Just a few cameo appearance here and then >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi