AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-12, 07:31   Link #261
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow talk about a massive release 3 Birdy episodes back to back. Well i had already seen the RAWS but thanks to the subbers for getting the episodes out its really appreciated.

Ok i have a question for those who watched and still remember the original series. In the original did Birdy and Senkawa go to Birdy's home planet cause i dont remember that.

I was somewhat taken back by how good Birdy was at playing a hooker but then again anyone can scratch a dog up the chin and get them to wag their tail. But she still looked HAWT and Najula wasnt to bad her self. Even though those combat uniforms show a lot of skin its easy for them to move around in. I cant see Birdy doing all those flips and sick ass moves in a Jeans.

Anyone else notice that Zero looked like the Egyptian God Anubus? Big Jackal head and all black body. Man i dont remember learning constructing your own mech 101 in my University damn i need to go back.

Still loving the series fun sleek and with a nice flavor on a old skool taste. Cant wait for more looks like we might move into some romance on Senkawa's side.
Old 2008-08-12, 08:13   Link #262
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

darn if only veoj was working ihad watched this already ehehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 09:04   Link #263
meia gisborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ok i have a question for those who watched and still remember the original series. In the original did Birdy and Senkawa go to Birdy's home planet cause i dont remember that.
Nope. Birdy and Senkawa never made the trip to her home planet in the 4-episode OVA series.
meia gisborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 16:40   Link #264
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Skeletsu seems to be voiced by Norio Wakamoto I guess. Not sure.
Doesn't he also voice King Zero? I swear, that character is Wakamoto in dog form
Old 2008-08-12, 18:25   Link #265
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I much prefer him as Skeletsu.... Wonder if he can hold out against Charles..

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 18:41   Link #266
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I much prefer him as Skeletsu.... Wonder if he can hold out against Charles..
I can think of many more Wakamoto roles from the past to enter this little battle, though that's a topic for another day. :3

Charles is just lol.
Old 2008-08-12, 20:36   Link #267
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

While I can't comment on the supposed quality drop in ep 6 just yet, I can say after five subbed ep this is probably one of my two or three favorite shows of the season thus far. I love both leads, the voice work is uniformly excellent IMO, and the visuals have a comic-book vitality to them that reminds me of some of the better eps of Gurren-Laggan.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 23:02   Link #268
David L

Quote:
Seems that AOShen's version has some problem when I view it my media players. I'll wait for a better translation.

Skeletsu seems to be voiced by Norio Wakamoto I guess. Not sure.
I couldn't run their episode 05 without audio desynchronizing from video - don't know if it's just my slow system (which also croakes on H264 files) or what - not sure what a HQ.avi file is... Oddly, could watch their episode 04 without problems, which was just fine!
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 00:02   Link #269
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He sure is. There shouldn't be a "not sure" about it, the man has a legendary voice like none other.
Sorry...

Ootsuka Houchu > Wakamoto Norio

mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 00:07   Link #270
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well i know one thing the subbere are godlike right now for releasing back to back ep hhahahahahah

ty subbers ty!!!!!!!!!!!! our life is like 0.00001%complete that day ahahhaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 02:29   Link #271
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to give big thanks to AoShen for getting all these episodes out.

But they sure took a lot of time to just point out how Sayaka was extremely different from usual. Was my guess when she turned up healthy so fast that something happened with her and the Riunka. Looks like it fused into her body or something and thus restored the damage. But at the same time causing massive changes in her personality. Can understand her grandfather wanting to overlook the negatives. But with all the maid has said its clear something abnormal is going on.

Suppose Sayaka feels some kinship with Senkawa as both have been brought back from the grave so to speak. Though I'd call Senkawa's a better situation since it doesn't mean the end of mankind.

Looks like the blackouts are the Riunka taking over and causing her to commit violent acts. Though since its a weapon of planetary destruction that shouldn't be too crazy. But not good news when they think something is going to happen soon. By something I'm assuming the end of the world. Just wonder who the heck these guys are and what they have against Earth.
Old 2008-08-13, 03:27   Link #272
jlee

Happy that the fansubs were released. No longer have to watch the raws. Thanks to the fansubbers.

Definitely helpful when the show throws out words I don't know.
jlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 15:49   Link #273
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sure episode 06 had no action at all, though it was still quite the interesting episode. It was pretty obvious what had happened to Sayaka, though i like how this episode went about it all --- telling the truth to the viewers about the difference between what she used to be like, and now.

& of course, Maaya Sakamoto yet again doing another wonderful job. Her soft voice does wonders for the role of Sayaka.
Old 2008-08-13, 16:04   Link #274
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to give big thanks to AoShen for getting all these episodes out.

But they sure took a lot of time to just point out how Sayaka was extremely different from usual. Was my guess when she turned up healthy so fast that something happened with her and the Riunka. Looks like it fused into her body or something and thus restored the damage. But at the same time causing massive changes in her personality. Can understand her grandfather wanting to overlook the negatives. But with all the maid has said its clear something abnormal is going on.

Suppose Sayaka feels some kinship with Senkawa as both have been brought back from the grave so to speak. Though I'd call Senkawa's a better situation since it doesn't mean the end of mankind.

Looks like the blackouts are the Riunka taking over and causing her to commit violent acts. Though since its a weapon of planetary destruction that shouldn't be too crazy. But not good news when they think something is going to happen soon. By something I'm assuming the end of the world. Just wonder who the heck these guys are and what they have against Earth.
Naw, it's pretty obvious from ep 6 that she simply had the same experience as Senkawa, died, but was brought back to life in the body of the other "inspector" that has been shadowing birdy. She probably saw it and used it as an opportunity for her to have a disguise to hide in. I wonder if they are working on getting her body back in order though, or if she'll have to remain in that inspector's body forever or something.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 16:26   Link #275
aardvark

Apparently, according to Moon Phase, Birdy is going to have a 2nd season starting in January
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 16:33   Link #276
rimaa

^That's great news.

I just caught up to episode 6 and although the pacing is ALOT different then what I was anticipating, it's still an enjoyable series to watch. The plot isn't too deep and is relatively light-hearted, making the series a good series to compliment one of the other action series' out right now (ie. Geass/Macross - which are very plot heavy)
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 16:34   Link #277
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
Apparently, according to Moon Phase, Birdy is going to have a 2nd season starting in January
That is pretty good news, i mean there's plenty of manga material for another season, so i'm guessing they'll just go from there.

Very unexpected, though i'm happy for another season.
Old 2008-08-14, 07:24   Link #278
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
That is very unexpected especially since the popularity of this new season is not really confirmed or not but i guess they have faith in it. I for one am not complaining i cant get enough of Birdy.

Sayaka finally shows some signs of what happened. I honestly feel bad for the girl when she grabbed that bird i was like oh shit here we go, but its pretty obvious just exactly what happened i dont think anyone watching was not able to figure this out.. Birdy and Senkawa's relationship is growing as well they are trusting each other more and i like how Birdy played the "buddy card" thats hitting below the belt. Sayaka looked great in that dress but to the nanny who raised her it was a obvious red flag along with her going in the water.

I always laugh when i see animes about rich people in Tokyo and they always have these huge looking western style mansions. I dunno for some reason they sit well with me well that neither here nor there. But great episode keep them rolling out.
Old 2008-08-14, 16:56   Link #279
zalem

Another season? Awesome. I really did think this one was too short.
Old 2008-08-14, 17:18   Link #280
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Getting another season sounds good to me. Have been enjoying the series after all.

Tags
action, sci-fi