AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-04-09, 18:33   Link #841
Primary Consult

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
You mean "welcome to an incredibly loose adaption of a series called A Certain Scientific Railgun. Because from what I can see, just like the first season, they are filling half of the series with nothing but filler meant to pander to Moeblob loving Otaku's.
Below, your telling me to read the manga as some sort of reference. I've read the Railgun manga, The Index Manga, The Index Novels, The NT Novels, watched the Index anime, and watched the Majority of the Railgun anime, with the exception of the useless filler arcs.
The trailer shown did show several... very fast clips that were from Sisters arc. But it really doesn't matter - everyone already knows it will be about Sisters, the point is to 'tease' on what new material is coming.

On that note, Railgun is a series that does not have "useless filler". It is all blessed by Kamachi and therefore canon material. There were a few inconsequential oneshot character development episodes in Railgun 1 (ie: newbie antiskill agent, dorm mother) but none of the "arcs" can be called filler because they became canon (characters introduced in them are mentioned in later Index LNs). That is why I try to encourage calling it "anime original content", and why it isn't boring: you really don't know whether what you are watching is a sidestory that dead ends or something that can come up later in the main story.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:42   Link #842
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
That's an exaggeration, there were some episodes on the first Railgun anime with worse quality.

To me this is fine, and if they can keep it like this throughout the season then it's more than OK.

@C2F - You're right, we really freak out a lot.
Railgun anime is at least stable than Index anime. When its not climax arc for Index anime it turns............. bad. But for Railgun all episode are so far maintained in animation that I don't even notice how BAD it is

I will just watched railgun s for entertainment while waiting for NT 7. Though I will probably need pain killers for my headache

RailDex fans are pretty much diverse or categorized if you ask me.

hate railgun anime but like index anime
like railgun anime but hate index anime
like railgun and index
or just didn't care at all.

I'm in the category that didn't care at all because I already gave up on railgun anime
Old 2013-04-09, 18:48   Link #843
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yup, its impressive keeping the animation of slice of life episodes stable.

Thats pretty hardcore
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:52   Link #844
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
But it seems that the anime wants to pander to those who have only watched the anime, and not the manga fans who were hoping for a strict adaption of the manga.
It seems to me to be rather amazingly foolish to expect that the same staff of the first Railgun anime, which outsold the Index anime quite handily on Blu-Ray/DVD, would create a second season that disregards key elements of the first season that contributed it to its success. Why on earth would you or anyone else actually expect "a strict adaption [sic] of the manga" when you know full well what they did last time and, therefore, what would logically make sense for a continuation?

I'm not saying you have to like the direction they took, but it's completely senseless to act like it was realistic to expect something that would disregard their previous direction now. It's the very epitome of a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are limits to the value of outrage over things that are all-but-assured of not changing.

If anyone would like to volunteer for a six month ban/eviction so you'll be away from this forum for the entire duration of the Railgun anime, I'll take applications, but I'm not going to tolerate this sort of unreasonable anti-anime trolling from hardcore source loyalists when the show starts airing. Adjust your expectations now and be reasonable in your complaints.
Old 2013-04-09, 19:22   Link #845
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
If anyone would like to volunteer for a six month ban/eviction so you'll be away from this forum for the entire duration of the Railgun anime, I'll take applications, but I'm not going to tolerate this sort of unreasonable anti-anime trolling from hardcore source loyalists when the show starts airing. Adjust your expectations now and be reasonable in your complaints.
Thank you, in behalf of the idort community of Index and Railgun, relentlessflame. Thank you.

We all have those supremacists talking trash on the other sides from /a/ and MAL, so it's best to have a more mature community that avoids nonsense like this.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:44   Link #846
Miraluka
Banned

Well, I also gave up on the anime thus giving below average expectations for it, maybe it will surprise me... as if.

Sigh... at this point I think is useless complaining about the direction of the anime, but hey I can kill the time while waiting for the next manga and novel release.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:45   Link #847
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Greed, Don't try to brush aside that you made an incredibly noob mistake of thinking the trailer was the OP.
The Trailer was 1 minute and 30 seconds long ( standard anime opening length), and the Railgun 2 opening song was playing in the backround. Hence why I wasn't sure if it was the opening or not.

[QUOTE=Primary Consult;4628857]The trailer shown did show several... very fast clips that were from Sisters arc. But it really doesn't matter - everyone already knows it will be about Sisters, the point is to 'tease' on what new material is coming.

Quote:
On that note, Railgun is a series that does not have "useless filler". It is all blessed by Kamachi and therefore canon material. There were a few inconsequential oneshot character development episodes in Railgun 1 (ie: newbie antiskill agent, dorm mother) but none of the "arcs" can be called filler because they became canon (characters introduced in them are mentioned in later Index LNs). That is why I try to encourage calling it "anime original content", and why it isn't boring: you really don't know whether what you are watching is a sidestory that dead ends or something that can come up later in the main story.

Kongo's introduction kind of says otherwise.

I also don't have a problem with anime original content, not at all. But when it's episodes like that virtual reality beach episode in the first season, that's when I get a bit ticked.

That, and if you add those kinds of episodes to the sisters arc, it'll just be kind of jarring. I mean If ther was something like where in scene you'll have accelerator killing stuff, and mikoto going ballistic, and then a minute later you have Mikoto and pals going shopping? That's what I'm worried about. I mean that's weird more than anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It seems to me to be rather amazingly foolish to expect that the same staff of the first Railgun anime, which outsold the Index anime quite handily on Blu-Ray/DVD, would create a second season that disregards key elements of the first season that contributed it to its success. Why on earth would you or anyone else actually expect "a strict adaption [sic] of the manga" when you know full well what they did last time and, therefore, what would logically make sense for a continuation?
Well, moeblobs do sell quite well. I won't deny that. That said, the thing is, I didn't actually expect that they were going to completely disregard Mikoto and pals hanging out. However, doing so in the sisters arc of all things? I mean have you read the sisters arc? Honestly, I didn't have a problem with some of the fillers in the first season, like Mikoto vs Telestina, which was pretty cool. But the Beach episode, the Maid episodes, Those are the episodes I have a problem with. If they include those types of scenes, it should be after the sisters arc, like with the first season. The level Upper Arc was fine, as was the Telestina Arc. Everything else sucked though.

Quote:
I'm not saying you have to like the direction they took, but it's completely senseless to act like it was realistic to expect something that would disregard their previous direction now. It's the very epitome of a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are limits to the value of outrage over things that are all-but-assured of not changing.
Already said that I didn't expect the season to be completely filler free. But if one arc should be left untouched, it should be after the sisters arc.

Quote:
Pretty sure that showing your genuine displeasure of the direction an anime is taking is not trolling. I'm a Global Moderator/Super Moderator on another forum, and banning for that would be seen as a bit harsh in my eyes. I can understand if someone was saying something like hurr hurr this show sucks, but I did actually think my post through and gave detailed reasons as to why I don't like the direction that this is going in.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:51   Link #848
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Greed, unless this was your first ever Anime, there's no way anyone could mistaken the way the video was presented as an OP.

Not to mention those were almost the exact same clips from earlier teasers.

Plus you making a big fuss about scenes that are most likely just the first episode, before the start of the sisters arc, hence invalidating your complaint, further enforces our reputation as the most easily freaked out fandom currently.
Old 2013-04-09, 19:52   Link #849
leukrota

@Greed - You still don't know how the arc is going to be presented.

I don't recall where it was, but someone posted the first 3-4 episodes titles, and going by those, it doesn't seem like they'll stray too much. The anime original content will be there, but I doubt the main arc will be butchered as you fear/expect.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 19:59   Link #850
mark1246

Quote:
Because probably this is for the people who DON'T READ THE MANGA, OR LIGHT NOVEL, OR SEEN THE MAIN SHOW! you got to count all possibilities you know.
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:02   Link #851
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Because probably this is for the people who DON'T READ THE MANGA, OR LIGHT NOVEL, OR SEEN THE MAIN SHOW! you got to count all possibilities you know.
Sarcasm?
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:26   Link #852
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
but hey I can kill the time while waiting for the next manga and novel release.
Please don't use this or any other thread just to "kill the time" if it means repetitive comments about your lack of expectations for the show in question. If you care so little, you don't need to post.

Quote:
That, and if you add those kinds of episodes to the sisters arc, it'll just be kind of jarring. I mean If ther was something like where in scene you'll have accelerator killing stuff, and mikoto going ballistic, and then a minute later you have Mikoto and pals going shopping? That's what I'm worried about. I mean that's weird more than anything.
...Really...? Are you serious...? Even in the first season, they managed to maintain the tension in important and dramatic scenes, while also having the other characters contributing to the story in meaningful ways. If you seriously think they're going to juxtapose violence and killing with "shopping" without any sort of transition or flow, that's just completely illogical, and not at all a reflection of anything that happened in the first season of the anime.

Quote:
... Everything else sucked though.
I thought you said earlier:
Quote:
and watched the Majority of the Railgun anime, with the exception of the useless filler arcs.
So you didn't even watch it, but you rushed to the conclusion that it sucked just because it you decided that it was "filler"? Did you think, by chance, those "useless filler arcs" were just about "shopping" too?

Quote:
Pretty sure that showing your genuine displeasure of the direction an anime is taking is not trolling. I'm a Global Moderator/Super Moderator on another forum, and banning for that would be seen as a bit harsh in my eyes. I can understand if someone was saying something like hurr hurr this show sucks, but I did actually think my post through and gave detailed reasons as to why I don't like the direction that this is going in.
This is why I didn't ban you for that post, obviously. What I'm saying is that you need to use common sense to have reasonable expectations about what the anime is actually likely to do. It's not reasonable to think that the anime's second season is going to throw out key elements of the first season, because those are elements that made it popular. Of course, they also indicated very clearly, multiple times, that they are going to be covering a certain arc from the manga. I do understand the apprehension -- really I do -- but the absurdity of the hyperbole and scaremongering about just how much the "slice of life" threatens to "ruin" everything is borderline insane and contributes absolutely nothing to constructive, meaningful conversation about the work in question. If your "genuine displeasure" is based on completely unreasonable folly, it's no better than "hurr hurr this show sucks". It just means you use bigger words. I'm not necessarily accusing you of that, but I'd like to be more clearly proven wrong. The extent of your hyperbole does your "cause" no favours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
...It can also be for people who think the novels are fine, the manga is fine, the main Index anime is fine, and so is the Railgun anime. They don't have to all be delivered in the exact same manner or cover the exact same material in the exact same way to be good in their own -- maybe different -- ways.

I know there are absolutely a group of people who love the manga and source material to pieces and just want the anime to do it justice. I've been in that same boat many times. But what you also have are overly-dogmatic purists who think the anime's deviations dilute the purity and wonder of the original source material, and so complain as loudly as possible at every conceivable opportunity ad nauseum about things that are self-evident at this point and will not change. And what I'm saying to those people is, quite clearly: get lost.
Old 2013-04-09, 20:39   Link #853
Marina2

Let's wait for OP. It will tell what is J.C. planning to do.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-04-09 at 20:54.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 20:51   Link #854
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Let's wait for Opening scene. It will tell what is J.C. planning to do.
Good idea. I'll drop it for now, at least until we get to see the opening. Preferably until the first episode though.

@relentlessflame - I'm dropping this conversation, at least until the first episode or opening has aired.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 22:01   Link #855
Sumeragi
Banned

About the PV: It's just a clear version of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 22:25   Link #856
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Please don't use this or any other thread just to "kill the time" if it means repetitive comments about your lack of expectations for the show in question. If you care so little, you don't need to post.
It seems you didn't understand so I'll redo my statement.

Quote:
but hey I can kill the time watching the anime while waiting for the next manga and novel release.
Sounds better now for you?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 23:46   Link #857
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

First episode's not out yet and so many complains already? Wow. Just because you don't like some parts of the show doesn't mean it would spoil the show for you.... Anyways, we should be grateful that railgun gets a second season and that we can watch anime at all.

Even if they are not following 100% to the source material, I'm sure it will be a blast for me.
FiveOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 23:57   Link #858
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOVER View Post
First episode's not out yet and so many complains already? Wow. Just because you don't like some parts of the show doesn't mean it would spoil the show for you.... Anyways, we should be grateful that railgun gets a second season and that we can watch anime at all.

Even if they are not following 100% to the source material, I'm sure it will be a blast for me.
Lol you kidding? This is how we roll

Even before there was an announcement people were already convinced that they would skip the sister's arc.

Overreacting is what we do best!
Old 2013-04-10, 03:21   Link #859
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol you kidding? This is how we roll

Even before there was an announcement people were already convinced that they would skip the sister's arc.

Overreacting is what we do best!
what i suprise is they will do the libary scence from the manga which happen after the sisters arc

Last edited by elior; 2013-04-10 at 03:41.
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 05:26   Link #860
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
what i suprise is they will do the libary scence from the manga which happen after the sisters arc
The anime and manga's time of Kongo's appearance does not match.
(she appeared in manga after her anime debut)
So it would not make sense to put her after sister arc, instead, they used it to reintroduce characters on the first episode.

Anyway, here are some more promotional posters for Railgun S:
Images
size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Oh damn, just two more days (and few hours), ah I can't wait..
I hope they used the buget from movie and it will be awesome.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel