AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 20:32   Link #821
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll pretend that never happened.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 20:46   Link #822
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The discussion suddenly died down just days before Episode 1. What happened? O.o
In truth, I think everyone's just busily checking out all the other Spring premieres, waiting for this one to air. The discussion will certainly pick up once the airing starts.
Old 2013-04-08, 23:36   Link #823
Shinhwa
Banned

I wonder if there is a chance Misaki will be animated :I
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 01:21   Link #824
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
The discussion suddenly died down just days before Episode 1. What happened? O.o
There we a lot of good shows this season, people are occupied praising them right now.
Old 2013-04-09, 02:50   Link #825
Vito
Asshole.

Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:11   Link #826
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post

Is that the freaking opening? No sign of Accelerator? No sisters? Only one shot of Touma at the end..... Wtf!?!?
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:14   Link #827
leukrota

Trailer, not opening (it has the opening song though)
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 13:28   Link #828
ssj44

I'm not even seeing the post (blank post). I'm probably the only one...
ssj44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 14:53   Link #829
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
I'm trying to wrap my head around how it would be possible to use electrical fields to climb what I assume to be a concrete wall.
Old 2013-04-09, 15:09   Link #830
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm trying to wrap my head around how it would be possible to use electrical fields to climb what I assume to be a concrete wall.
Concrete used in construction is usually reinforced concrete with metal bars running inside it. Presumably Misaka is just pull those.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 16:29   Link #831
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Is that the freaking opening? No sign of Accelerator? No sisters? Only one shot of Touma at the end..... Wtf!?!?
Lol I'm loving it!

We really are the Number one fandom at freaking out !

Quote:
Somebody doesn't know how walls are built
Old 2013-04-09, 17:29   Link #832
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post

Hello and welcome to the series called A Certain Scientific Railgun. This franchise focuses on the story of Mikoto Mikasa with cameos from characters in the main series baring exceptions when the story delves into arcs from the novel. The director/series composer decided to focus on the friendship between Mikoto and her three friends rather than the character in the main series in the first season, and the promotional footage for the second season seems to be similar thus far. Promotional footage/images are designed to appeal to fans without spoiling details of what happens. I believe you are mistaken as to the purpose of these videos.

I would like to remind you of events in the manga, but this is a spoiler-free thread, so I'll ask you to review the manga before you begin to loudly complain again about characters' appearance. Please do not confuse this series with the adaptation of the light novels. To believe that the spinoff, designed to focus around a different character's story, would focus again on the main character despite having 25 episodes against said hypothesis is incredulous.

I suggest you review the manga and the details in the previous season/OVA before you place your expectations in another direction from this anime's main staff and become disappointed that they do not match.

Quote:
The use of electrical current can be used to create a magnetic field. This use has been seen previously in the first season of Railgun.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:05   Link #833
Goldzero

now that i look at it i think the quality of railgun went down quite a bit (not as much as index 2 in most of the episodes).
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:16   Link #834
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
now that i look at it i think the quality of railgun went down quite a bit (not as much as index 2 in most of the episodes).
You must be joking- both in railgun quality and to think that 'most' Index episodes were down quality.

I suggest to revisit them all first.
Old 2013-04-09, 18:18   Link #835
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Hello and welcome to the series called A Certain Scientific Railgun. This franchise focuses on the story of Mikoto Mikasa with cameos from characters in the main series baring exceptions when the story delves into arcs from the novel.
You mean "welcome to an incredibly loose adaption of a series called A Certain Scientific Railgun. Because from what I can see, just like the first season, they are filling half of the series with nothing but filler meant to pander to Moeblob loving Otaku's.

Quote:
The director/series composer decided to focus on the friendship between Mikoto and her three friends rather than the character in the main series in the first season, and the promotional footage for the second season seems to be similar thus far.
Below, your telling me to read the manga as some sort of reference. I've read the Railgun manga, The Index Manga, The Index Novels, The NT Novels, watched the Index anime, and watched the Majority of the Railgun anime, with the exception of the useless filler arcs. I don't know if you know this, but A Certain Scientific Railgun focuses almost entirely on Misaka Mikoto, not her side character friends, like Saten Ruiko, Uiharu Kazari, Shirai Kuroko, and Haruee Eri, which btw, the last character I listed, does not exist in the manga, and is only mentioned by name ONCE. In fact, Touma probably has more panel time in the manga than any of Mikoto's friends, at least in the Sisters Arc. In fact, her friends don't even play any sort of role. But it seems that the anime wants to pander to those who have only watched the anime, and not the manga fans who were hoping for a strict adaption of the manga.

Quote:
Promotional footage/images are designed to appeal to fans without spoiling details of what happens. I believe you are mistaken as to the purpose of these videos.

Showing clips of characters who are going to show up later on in the anime is not a spoiler, at least not one that is going to ruin the show for anyone. I don't know if you know this, but the Majority of anime trailers, and promotional art for anime's include characters who are going to show up later on in the series, or at least in the season that is being promoted.

Quote:
I would like to remind you of events in the manga, but this is a spoiler-free thread, so I'll ask you to review the manga before you begin to loudly complain again about characters' appearance. Please do not confuse this series with the adaptation of the light novels. To believe that the spinoff, designed to focus around a different character's story, would focus again on the main character despite having 25 episodes against said hypothesis is incredulous.

Already covered that.

Quote:
Below, your telling me to read the manga as some sort of reference. I've read the Railgun manga, The Index Manga, The Index Novels, The NT Novels, watched the Index anime, and watched the Majority of the Railgun anime, with the exception of the useless filler arcs. I don't know if you know this, but A Certain Scientific Railgun focuses almost entirely on Misaka Mikoto, not her side character friends, like Saten Ruiko, Uiharu Kazari, Shirai Kuroko, and Haruee Eri, which btw, the last character I listed, does not exist in the manga, and is only mentioned by name ONCE. In fact, Touma probably has more panel time in the manga than any of Mikoto's friends, at least in the Sisters Arc. In fact, her friends don't even play any sort of role. But it seems that the anime wants to pander to those who have only watched the anime, and not the manga fans who were hoping for a strict adaption of the manga.
Quote:
I suggest you review the manga and the details in the previous season/OVA before you place your expectations in another direction from this anime's main staff and become disappointed that they do not match.
Once again, if the trailers are anything to go bye. The Railgun anime is nothing but a loose adaption of the Railgun manga, the canon material.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:19   Link #836
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Concrete used in construction is usually reinforced concrete with metal bars running inside it. Presumably Misaka is just pull those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol I'm loving it!

We really are the Number one fandom at freaking out !

Somebody doesn't know how walls are built
Doh! That explains it theen.
Old 2013-04-09, 18:20   Link #837
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
That's an exaggeration, there were some episodes on the first Railgun anime with worse quality.

To me this is fine, and if they can keep it like this throughout the season then it's more than OK.

@C2F - You're right, we really freak out a lot.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:21   Link #838
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Greed, Don't try to brush aside that you made an incredibly noob mistake of thinking the trailer was the OP.
Old 2013-04-09, 18:23   Link #839
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
That's an exaggeration, there were some episodes on the first Railgun anime with worse quality.

To me this is fine, and if they can keep it like this throughout the season then it's more than OK.
i forget did they did the exact thing with railgun one and index one like what they did with index two? i noticed the trailer had some scenes down quality in railgun s trailer too. so JC staff does this allot? because i can't seem to remember since its been a while since i rewatched these amazing series.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-09 at 18:35. Reason: fixed quote
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 18:27   Link #840
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You make it sound like animation drops doesn't happen in other animes

Tags
action, comedy, despair, drama, school life, sci-fi, sequel