Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-07-23, 12:12   Link #3601
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Wonder if something like this would ever get picked up by bbc or something. That'd be the day.
Out of curiosity, what difference would it make if "mainstream" media picks up the story?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 19:29   Link #3602
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't mind, I love rule 63. (And everything else associated with it.)
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-23, 20:22   Link #3603
Tiberium Wolf

Black parents give birth to white baby

I don't care how much the world can change but this is not possible. This gotta be a freaking hoax!!!
Old 2010-07-23, 20:40   Link #3604
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post

I don't care how much the world can change but this is not possible. This gotta be a freaking hoax!!!
Not possible! Not possible! *bangs head on table to deny reality*
Old 2010-07-23, 20:45   Link #3605
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:

Well, it's interesting to think about. Perhaps the mutation present in this baby is related to the original mutation(s) towards light skin when humans first moved into Europe.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 00:13   Link #3606
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

That kid is going to grow up becoming a really popular pop musician. MJ reincarnates and lives again!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 02:04   Link #3607
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That kid is going to grow up becoming a really popular pop musician. MJ reincarnates and lives again!
MJ! Ok that makes sense. I can accept that.
Old 2010-07-24, 13:47   Link #3608
Last Carpet

I don't have a source, because I got this story out of a book that belonged to one of my old teachers a few years ago.

It's about a bank robber. When he held up the bank he forgot to bring something to put the money in so he stuffed the stacks of bills into his shirt and pants. The police caught him a few hours later and put him in jail. The next day the robber wakes up in jail with a rash on his chest and legs. Apparently, money is marked with a chemical before it's sent out to the banks. When the money arrives the bank is supposed to rinse it off. This bank didn't rinse their money off, and he had an allergic reaction to the chemical.

The robber sued the bank, got out of jail, and to top it off he won more money in the lawsuit than the he stole from the bank
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 16:26   Link #3609
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
First councils ban smoking, now cafes move to ban mobile phones

Quote:
COUNCILS have already banned dogs and cigarettes from cafes, but some cafe owners are going a step further and putting mobile phones on the black list.

In a backlash against what they call "the height of rudeness", business owners are enforcing a no-talking-on-phones policy.

Customers in one Sydney cafe are confronted with a sign showing a mobile in a red circle with a slash through it. It reads: "Please do not order take-away coffee whilst on your mobile phone. Thank you."

Bondi cafe Katipo's owner Ben Soutter said he was fed up with customers who refused to stop their phone calls to place orders.

"The catalyst for me was when a lady got the s***** when I asked if she wanted large and if she wanted sugar in her coffee," he said.

"She sighed and said 'Hang on' to the person on the other end of the phone."I gave her a look that made it clear I was not impressed.

"Zero tolerance - I went downstairs and made a sign up and I stuck it on the fridge."

And fellow Sydney business Pentimento, in Newtown, has a similar sign posted near the till.

"We feel we deserve a bit of respect," staff member Amanda Poke said.

Although mobile phone etiquette is not strictly a health and safety issue, Waverley Council has backed the cafe owner.

A council spokesperson said it was "just common courtesy" to choose not to speak on the phone while ordering.

However, Woollahra Mayor Andrew Petrie said: "No one wants to live in a nanny state.

"Most people have the good manners to use their own judgment in terms of mobile use in public, and if they don't have good manners I've seen others give them a speedy education."

Waverley Council has previously considered the banning of cameras, including the mobile-phone variety, from places where children gather, but the move has been rejected.

Mr Soutter claims his approach is spreading across Sydney."Every bank and post office has it, but a lot of the cafes and retail shops too," he said.

However, Cafe Bondi's owner, Len Friedland, said the ban was "ridiculous" and he was happy to wait for customers to stop their phone conversations.

"It's a fact of life," he said.
Which brings us a question: Are we really that rude in everyday life?
Old 2010-07-25, 00:52   Link #3610
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Out of curiosity, what difference would it make if "mainstream" media picks up the story?
Whenever mainstream medium writes a story about otaku culture, it's always full of lulz. I'd also love to see the general response from people who don't watch anime at all, those are always good for a laugh too.

Anyways, professor comes back from vacation to find his office wrapped in aluminum foil.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6707400.shtml
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 02:14   Link #3611
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Whenever mainstream medium writes a story about otaku culture, it's always full of lulz. I'd also love to see the general response from people who don't watch anime at all, those are always good for a laugh too.

Anyways, professor comes back from vacation to find his office wrapped in aluminum foil.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6707400.shtml
Now there is something productive those students are using their time to do, why try to cure cancer or find a way to stop global warming, when covering your teachers' office in foil is so much more important....

It is funny though...

Last edited by MAQI; 2010-07-25 at 03:11.
MAQI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 03:06   Link #3612
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
First councils ban smoking, now cafes move to ban mobile phones

Which brings us a question: Are we really that rude in everyday life?
Yeah. I used to work at customer service counters during my high school holidays. People would just keep yakking on their phone while I am asking for the type of drink they want.

I simply serve the next customer. When they complain, I address the issue as that they aren't interested in buying anything. Don't they know what is it to just say "hang on" into the phone?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 10:02   Link #3613
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

US bear takes short ride in car and leaves it wrecked
Old 2010-07-25, 12:18   Link #3614
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Bear Ride the Whip
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 13:48   Link #3615
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Just more evidence that the greatest threat to America is bears. It's bad enough that they steal our honey and our women, but now they're stealing the most important thing to a man, his car. [/stephencolbert]
Old 2010-07-26, 01:29   Link #3616
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
"It happens all the time," he said. "They're very smart."
Apparently not enough to apply the damn brakes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 07:10   Link #3617
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Somebody else forgot to apply the brakes...

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...ance_train.php

As by a miracle only two persons were lightly injured, and the diesel tanktruck the train crashed into was empty. But I imagine the store owner (of the building that was hit) wasn't to pleased.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 08:30   Link #3618
speck123

Pigeons force Kings of Leon to abandon concert
Quote:
Rock band the Kings of Leon have been forced to end a concert early after pigeons defecated on them from the rafters of a US venue.

The rockers abandoned the gig in St Louis after three songs when bass player Jared Followill was hit in the mouth and face by pigeon droppings.

Drummer Nathan Followill later apologised to fans via Twitter, saying "it was too unsanitary to continue".

Their publicist added the band found it hard to carry on after the incident.

"Jared was hit several times during the first two songs. On the third song, when he was hit in the cheek and some of it landed near his mouth, they couldn't deal [with it] any longer," said Amy Mendelsohn.

"It's not only disgusting - it's a toxic hazard. They really tried to hang in there."

Opening acts The Postelles and The Stills had also come off stage after their sets were covered in excrement.

The Grammy-winning band are due to continue their tour in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday evening following the incident at at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre.

They are currently promoting their fourth album, Only By The Night, and are due to visit the UK later this summer.

Nashville brothers Caleb, Nathan and Jared make up the group, along with their cousin Matthew on lead guitar.

Fans who were at the curtailed concert will be offered refunds.
Talk about a crappy performance.
speck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 10:59   Link #3619
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Pigeons pooping the Kings of Leon?

Pigeons beware, for your about to be eaten by angry Kings of Leon fans!
Old 2010-07-26, 15:19   Link #3620
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Somebody else forgot to apply the brakes...

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...ance_train.php

As by a miracle only two persons were lightly injured, and the diesel tanktruck the train crashed into was empty. But I imagine the store owner (of the building that was hit) wasn't to pleased.
I bet the driver climbed out of the wreckage, looked back, scratched his head and went "...oops..."

EDIT: Given this morning's fiasco with Metro Melbourne, I'd say these people are doing a much better job than us.

Last edited by Haruka_Kitten; 2010-07-26 at 21:52.
Haruka_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
humor