AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 50 35.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 29.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 18.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.88%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-14, 16:16   Link #41
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Niehihi~ Finally the bunnies show up~

I loved their appearance and the battles. This was definitely one of the better eps.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:49   Link #42
Saerianne
*cackle*

Ahhh Thank you DEEN! <3
410's voice struck me as odd, but at this point of time I'm not miding.
Sad they had to cut some bits out, but I really loved this episode.
Old 2009-10-14, 17:04   Link #43
Leinne
Who... am I?

I loved this episode, my only complaint is Rudolf's duel and that Kyrie didn't mention X, but aside from that I don't have anything to say. This is the perfect example of how you can cut things but still make them look natural and good. Also there's more time for the next two episodes, which I hope they won't let me down. Still, they could've done Vrgilia's talk after the 2nd twilight, but I won't say a thing because moe Beato compensates for everything.
Also I loved Belphegor's voice, just like I imagined it and we got some time of Levi, she sounded sexy. Yandere Kyrie was the best and both Siestas were good. BUt 45 was better in her clumsyness, but they kept some of the stupid 410 remarks about what they can do, that always make me smile

Last edited by Leinne; 2009-10-14 at 17:48.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:20   Link #44
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

I totally forgot that 410 was going to be played by Eri Kitamura! When I first heard her I was like "Kokonoe O.O!" Loved her "Nihihi" and "Nyeh" ^^

Great episode : D
Old 2009-10-14, 18:29   Link #45
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I liked how this episode went. Gave it a 9/10. I wish Rudolf's duel was kept intact though, but then it was slow in terms of the pace, so I guess the modification is necessary.

Maybe it's just me, but Siesta 410's voice was how exactly I imagined it, so I don't mind. It's a different case from Asmo where I didn't expect the high-pitched tone.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:32   Link #46
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I liked how this episode went. Gave it a 9/10. I wish Rudolf's duel was kept intact though, but then it was slow in terms of the pace, so I guess the modification is necessary.

Maybe it's just me, but Siesta 410's voice was how exactly I imagined it, so I don't mind. It's a different case from Asmo where I didn't expect the high-pitched tone.
410's voice matched my expectations as well, so you're not the only one. :3

Old 2009-10-14, 18:53   Link #47
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I am on the didn't like Siesta's voice badnwagon. I think that if the voice actor had done it more like her Eve voice is closer to how I imagine 410 sounding.

I'm rather mixed about the episode. There were parts that I felt were done well and parts that I didn't.

As with most people, I'm dissappointed at the taking out Rudolph's pinning Belphegor.
Old 2009-10-14, 19:05   Link #48
immblueversion

Need I say it?

The Siesta firing sequence was kind of perfect.
Old 2009-10-14, 19:09   Link #49
chronotrig

Siestas: Done great.
Stakes: Not so much.

I have to agree that EVA popping up between the guy with the gun and the girl he's shooting is a level of stupidity way worse than the novel. Also, it's pretty obvious in that situation that Belphagor gave her life to save EVA. In the VN, EVA was at least a significant distance away and had a stake between her and the gun. Belphagor died because she didn't move (at least not far), not because she sidestepped around Eva to take the bullet.

On the other hand, the Siestas were done very well, though not exactly what I was expecting. Interesting that they left the line about reading books and meteorites

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-14, 19:21   Link #50
urusai

Belphegor and the Siestas sounded exactly like I expected them to.

The fight scenes were great. I know VN purists will dislike it for the cuts and changes, but this was one of the few times the directing showed any kind of actual talent.
Old 2009-10-14, 19:21   Link #51
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So what was originally a pin became a skewer? °°

Old 2009-10-14, 19:53   Link #52
IfritTower
Just furniture

I don't know about the dialogue, but the musical direction in this episode was amazing.
Old 2009-10-14, 19:57   Link #53
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So what was originally a pin became a skewer? °°
Actually what happened, in chess terms, is that EVA put herself in check by going in front of Rudolf like that But otherwise, yes it is a skewer. Although skewers are normally stupid moves in general, since you're literally putting a better piece in danger to protect the weaker piece (like a queen going in between a bishop and a pawn)
Old 2009-10-14, 20:29   Link #54
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm no a skewer is when the opponent threatens one of your important pieces but you can't move them to safety because by doing so you would expose an important piece (usually the king).

The analogy was perfect in the novel, too bad they changed it. Oh well...

Old 2009-10-14, 20:41   Link #55
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Uhm no a skewer is when the opponent threatens one of your important pieces but you can't move them to safety because by doing so you would expose an important piece (usually the king).

The analogy was perfect in the novel, too bad they changed it. Oh well...
Isn't that a pin :U? Skewers are reverse pins.
Old 2009-10-14, 20:56   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I see, I see, next are bunny girls, is it...

Super Hideyoshi Time... Ended a lot lamer and shorter than I had hoped... Oi, oi, just a little bokoboko...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-10-14, 21:47   Link #57
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Actually what happened, in chess terms, is that EVA put herself in check by going in front of Rudolf like that But otherwise, yes it is a skewer. Although skewers are normally stupid moves in general, since you're literally putting a better piece in danger to protect the weaker piece (like a queen going in between a bishop and a pawn)
Actually, no, for a skewer, the better piece is already in front. You move it out of the way, exposing the weaker one for capture.

If it was a skewer then Eva-Beato would have been in front in the first place, and then dodged the shot, leaving Belphe to take the hit. Which would have been kind of hilarious, but didn't happen.
Old 2009-10-14, 21:48   Link #58
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Isn't that a pin :U? Skewers are reverse pins.
Never mind I'm stupid, that's a pin indeed. And it is a pin what Rudolf did in the novel.

Skewers are when you check an important piece (usually a king or a queen) and force them to move, but by doing so they open the path for another unprotected minor piece

Old 2009-10-14, 22:10   Link #59
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Skewers and pins don't necassarily have to be with the king though.

For example, a bishop attacking two rooks, one is on the diagonal behind the other rook, is a skewer(Even if one rook moves, the bishop can catch the other one). Or a bishop attacking a knight, with a queen diagonally behind it is a pin(If the knight moves, than the bishop will take the powerful queen).

What happened to Belphegor in the anime is neither, though. A better comparision would be a sacrifice. Every possible square the king can move to is checked, so the only way to avoid it would be to put a piece infront of the opposing piece that is currently checking the king.

In the visual novel, it was a pin. Belphegor couldn't move or else the king would be in check.

Last edited by crazysjd89; 2009-10-14 at 22:27.
Old 2009-10-14, 22:11   Link #60
Marion
The Great Dine

Yeah that's right XD Man I'm getting rusty~

But like I said, EVA just put herself in check and got Belphegor killed. Literally takes away the entire metaphor of the pin, but it does still convey Belphegor's loyalty to her master.
Closed Thread