AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 11:36   Link #401
Wrath88
Kissing...

Dude, OVA maybe? With Miya thrown in
Old 2010-07-08, 12:00   Link #402
ninja_pintu

Harem > Romance anytime. I just hate the drama-_-
Old 2010-07-08, 12:01   Link #403
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Episode 2 was about the same as episode 1. Same calm, relaxing atmosphere, though there's a lot more upbeat with prep and brightness to it thanks to a stronger focus on Haruka. It wasn't anything exciting or special as usual, but I found the last 5 minutes of episode 2 to be particularly good. If they can keep that momentum going into ep.3 and 4, it'll be a good.

Spoiler for episode 2:

And the preview shows the...

Spoiler for ep3:

2 episodes in, I'd say Amagami probably won't stand out much. There's not much to rag about in the show, but there's also not much 'draw' factor that keeps the excitement and emotional adrenaline sustainable. The direction of the show doesn't really stand out either, but it has a charm that is sparsely spread out and a good subdued feeling behind the anime.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:58   Link #404
tsuki4735

Well, episode 2 was completely different from what I expected. I agree with Nightengale's comment about the last 5 minutes of the episode. The last 5 minutes was probably the most well done part of the entire episode, and made things a whole lot more interesting. There was a great atmosphere and chemistry there, which just made it great to watch

edit: Haruka does annoy annoy me a little though. Maybe it's because she seems so naive and innocent, it's hard to believe there's someone who's actually like that. Well, this is anime, so I shouldn't really get worked up over it :P

Last edited by tsuki4735; 2010-07-08 at 13:39. Reason: spelling error :P
tsuki4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 14:04   Link #405
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for for size:

and for those that want the orginal pic here ya go

Old 2010-07-08, 15:27   Link #406
ueXia

Indeed, nice episode, totally what I was expecting.

Spoiler for episode 02:

Very fresh and calm pace, something I really needed in an anime for a long time.

Quote:
edit: Haruka does annoy annoy me a little though. Maybe it's because she seems so naive and innocent, it's hard to believe there's someone who's actually like that. Well, this is anime, so I shouldn't really get worked up over it :P
That's probably because she's a senpai , she's supossed to be more mature even if she has a naive soul.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 16:37   Link #407
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyisgood View Post
Too bad they should have made this into harem series.
if they made it to a harem there probably no ending cuz u hve 6 heroine

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 16:43   Link #408
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Librarian: Oi... Hurry up and go home...

Spoiler for ep2:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Spoiler for episode 02:
How the hell am I supposed to know... (ノд`)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:08   Link #409
kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No it's been officially confirmed, and each girl will get 4 episodes each for their arc.
cool so its like watching a 4 episode anime 6 times lol, is he ultimatley gonna pick one or is he gonna end up with all 6 in the different variations, i think this kills some of the buzz that a traditonal romance anime brings.
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:12   Link #410
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
cool so its like watching a 4 episode anime 6 times lol, is he ultimatley gonna pick one or is he gonna end up with all 6 in the different variations, i think this kills some of the buzz that a traditonal romance anime brings.
It's pretty common in their manga works, I think it will be a nice anime experience.

But don't worry, routes are reeeaaaaaaally different. Did you watch Kimikiss? It could've been so much better if they focused on each of the girls route
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 22:19   Link #411
kujoe
from head to heel

Episode 2... in which Tachibana tries to escape the friend zone with enteratining results.

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 01:49   Link #412
wingman32x

Nice episode. Haruka is a fun character. She seems really full of energy. I lol'd when she asked Tachibana for a swimsuit, followed by "I thought you would have one" lol. Tachibana handled the first rejection quite well, and got rewarded for it at the end of the episode. Nanasaki gets brief screentime. Her voice fits her character enough, and her actual design is pretty accurate. Overall, a good episode.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 01:58   Link #413
ichobi

Haruka FTW. The only other girl I find interesting is Ayatsuji, but still Haruka hands down. She's such a tease. Don't like the red hair childhood friend, but the sex-hair girl could be interesting.
Spoiler:

I hope they introduce more complicating factors in the later female arcs though. I can see why they use Haruka as an openner, since she doesn't have specific character type, and tend to be very enjoyable to watch. Will definitely be sad after the first arc since I like Haruka so much.
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 03:47   Link #414
Nosauz

Wow, color me surprised, this dromance is so saccharine I think it's sweeter than high fructose corn syrup. I mean I thought Shufuku no Campanella was sweet and sappy but this is just diabetic coma inducing sweet.

My main complaint is that it seems that the romance feels so damn shallow, and other than superficial reasons, I don't understand why Junichii is so memorized. I get the whole, older senior allure but this infatuation just feels weird, mostly it's probably due to their weird relationship.

And of course the two "interesting" characters are not part of Junichi's harem. I mean seriously Hibiki and Miya are so much more interesting than Morishima.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 04:16   Link #415
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Wow, color me surprised, this dromance is so saccharine I think it's sweeter than high fructose corn syrup. I mean I thought Shufuku no Campanella was sweet and sappy but this is just diabetic coma inducing sweet.

My main complaint is that it seems that the romance feels so damn shallow, and other than superficial reasons, I don't understand why Junichii is so memorized. I get the whole, older senior allure but this infatuation just feels weird, mostly it's probably due to their weird relationship.

And of course the two "interesting" characters are not part of Junichi's harem. I mean seriously Hibiki and Miya are so much more interesting than Morishima.
yeah ithink so too .... they should hve made a sister route

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 04:37   Link #416
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Librarian: Oi... Hurry up and go home...
Yeah i was wondering about that , though the evening sky worked very nicely as a background for such a scene. Very nicely done.

Also pleased with Nanasaki her first introduction of the series. Yukana fits her rather well, i must say.

& oh god the scene with Haruka putting her socks on. >______<
Old 2010-07-09, 05:05   Link #417
kamehameha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
Haruka FTW. The only other girl I find interesting is Ayatsuji, but still Haruka hands down. She's such a tease. Don't like the red hair childhood friend, but the sex-hair girl could be interesting.
Spoiler:

I hope they introduce more complicating factors in the later female arcs though. I can see why they use Haruka as an openner, since she doesn't have specific character type, and tend to be very enjoyable to watch. Will definitely be sad after the first arc since I like Haruka so much.
i agree, i think the only enjoyable arcs will be haruka one, the ayatsuji one, and maybe the sex haired girl one lol..i dont know how the series will be able to deliver after the haruka arc, its like presenting the best at first, no buildup or anything :/
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 05:09   Link #418
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
i dont know how the series will be able to deliver after the haruka arc, its like presenting the best at first, no buildup or anything :/
How can you say it's the best when we haven't even experienced what the other girls have to offer yet in their own arcs?
Old 2010-07-09, 05:21   Link #419
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ah, that was pleasant viewing. Especially the pool part.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 05:36   Link #420
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
How can you say it's the best when we haven't even experienced what the other girls have to offer yet in their own arcs?
Well—speaking for myself—I may not know what the future holds for thearcs of the next heroines, but each plot seems to be quite molded around their personalities, which we already received a taste of somewhat. A little intuition on my part, and I can pretty much guess whose arcs will appeal to me more. That's not to say that I'm not open to a pleasant surprise now and then.

With that said, I already have a feeling that Haruka's arc is one those I would enjoy the most in the end, but after this episode I've become even more interested in Kaoru's than before.

If Haruka is already playful in her own way, one wonders what sort of fun games she'll be doing with Tachibana in her arc. Kaoru seems like a very fun person to be with. It'll be interesting to see what kind of approach Tachibana will be using in interacting with her.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen