AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 02:09   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Conception (PSP RPG)

I found out about this game on ANN and this is what it's all about. And i swear this what its says.

Quote:
Enterbrain's Weekly Famitsu magazine revealed on Thursday in Japan that game developer Spike (Dragon Ball Z: Tenkaichi series, Crimson Tears) is working on a new role-playing game titled Conception: Ore no Kodomo wo Undekure! (Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child). Yoshinori Terasawa (Dangan Ronpa: Kibō no Gakuen to Zetsuōu no Kōkōsei) is helming the title.

The story of the game revolves around Itsuki, a high school student who finds out on the day of his graduation ceremony that his cousin and childhood friend Mahiru is pregnant. Immediately afterward, Itsuki and Mahiru are taken to a magical world called Granbania, which is currently being invaded by monsters. The only people who can fight and exorcise the monsters are the "star children," and the star children can only be produced by the 12 "shrine maidens of the constellations." In order to defeat the monsters and return to his own world, Itsuki must father the star children with the maidens.

In the game, Itsuki must strengthen his bonds with the 12 shrine maidens in order to produce strong star children. Itsuki will then form a party with himself and the 12 children to fight and exorcise the monsters.
Source 1 and 2

Yeah, i still going "What?" over the game's premise. Your opinion about this?
Old 2011-10-27, 02:15   Link #2
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

We need to go deeper.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-10-27 at 03:54.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 02:37   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

In more ways than one...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 02:52   Link #4
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Sounds more like a dating sim to me lol...need more info to actually judge the game though.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 05:36   Link #5
Sides

It is Spike, a lot of the staff were from Human Entertainment. Except for Fire Pro Wrestling and dragon ball games, they are more known nowadays as a publisher for niece titles in japan, they actually published the dragon age games, Haze, Dead island and other stuff, big titles in the west, but small in japan.
But they also published japanese titles like 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors(chunsoft), Michigan(grasshopper manufacture), 428 (PS3/PSP versions only), Madworld (platinumgames), and other titles.
As Human Entertainment they were know for some cult stuff like Clock Tower, Twilight Syndrome and a lot of other classics, most of those IPs are owned now by spike.
BTW suda goichi used to be employed at Human Entertainment as well, until the company went busted. Spike, Grasshopper manufacture and Nude maker were kind of offsprings of it.

Official Homepage: http://www.spike.co.jp/conception/

Last edited by Sides; 2011-10-27 at 09:47. Reason: added homepage link
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 12:43   Link #6
AnimeFangirl

My mouth is still wide open after reading that first post. What....? Seriously, WHAT?!

I went to the official homepage and everything but still, WHAT?!
Old 2011-11-01, 19:23   Link #7
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Sounds more like a dating sim to me lol...need more info to actually judge the game though.
That's just kind of the way it's been going for JRPG's lately. Sad thing is these hybrids have a habit of being dating sims long before they are RPG's.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 19:31   Link #8
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We need to go deeper.
Alright, who's going to take point?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 22:36   Link #9
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
though i want this to be an adult VN/RPG
Old 2011-11-03, 19:32   Link #10
AnimeFangirl

Eh. It's on the PSP. I'm sure it's going to be a "metaphorical" or "spiritual" kind of merging to form the babies, nothing physical. Heavy on innuendo, light on delivery. Pshaw.
Old 2011-11-03, 19:35   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Eh. It's on the PSP. I'm sure it's going to be a "metaphorical" or "spiritual" kind of merging to form the babies, nothing physical. Heavy on innuendo, light on delivery. Pshaw.
dragon or fish?
Old 2011-11-03, 20:00   Link #12
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

I wonder if its intended for something similar like Loveplus?
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 04:47   Link #13
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spike's Conception RPG Teaser Streamed

Old 2011-11-08, 04:54   Link #14
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Deeper is always better.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 20:55   Link #15
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
PSP needs more eroge....
Old 2011-11-11, 05:41   Link #16
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Sony has a strict rule of not allowing 18+ games on their system, so an ero-game is practically impossible unless their system sales is very bad and they're desperate.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 10:52   Link #17
AnimeFangirl

Which is why it's obvious from the start that the name and the concept are just false advertising. What a waste of a wonderful eroge idea.
Old 2011-11-11, 11:49   Link #18
KBTKaiser

I dunno, kuroishinigami, I've checked around the web and a few eroge have been put onto the PSP...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:04   Link #19
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
I dunno, kuroishinigami, I've checked around the web and a few eroge have been put onto the PSP...
Under "UMD Video", aka interactive video, category which is not considered a game. Even worse, chances are those eroges don't have wide-mass advertisement, especially on popular game magazines (like Famitsu) which do not accept 18+ content inside, so they would have to risk a lot of loss for being published in the first place.

But yeah, basically the point still stand that Sony's strict policy with 18+ contents wouldn't allow 18+ games (CERO D is not considered 18+ by the way ), otherwise any other category media is a free go. Conception is definitely walking on a thin thread already with that description though

/meanwhile thinks that the kids models really seem not to resemble any of the 'mothers' <O><O>

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 12:22   Link #20
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We need to go deeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Deeper is always better.

Somehow, these two posts seem to simultaneously be the least and most appropriate ones for this thread.

Seriously though, Spike has a tendency to make quirky, niche titles. I mean, these are the guys behind the Kenka Banchou series as well as Danganronpa (the latter being a bizarre adventure title that's like a wacky cross between Phoenix Wright and Battle Royale, which I really want to see localized). So I'm sure that this new title will be amusing in its own way without being too perverted.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, ps vita, psp, rpg