AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 09:58   Link #641
EroKing

Old 2013-01-08, 14:23   Link #642
U<3Anime
Boo!

Loli reaching for the goods. :O

Thanks, I was waiting for someone to upload that in a higher res.
Old 2013-01-08, 15:50   Link #643
Folenfant
Banned

Just caught the first episode. I can't help but feel that the noted chemistry between FukuJun and Koshimizu helped carry this otherwise pretty uneventful establishing episode. I think this series success will hinge on how well the political discussions can break open and flesh out what could be an interesting universe.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 16:27   Link #644
rickadams
Yggdrasil DJ

Seems like my previous post got erased (too many images?) so I'll do this a different way and hope this stays.

Spoiler for major plot points given away in the ED animation ciphertext:
Old 2013-01-08, 18:07   Link #645
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's related to her body image joke (the flabby forearm). She thinks of herself as uselessly squishy. Maybe demons value muscular women?
What would have happened if she had worked diligently on getting useful meat.

mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 18:34   Link #646
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
its interesting that instead of Jun Fukuyama I hear in this anime, I hear more of Yuuta and his antics from Chu2.
btw loving Miyuki Sawashiro's voice as usual
Old 2013-01-08, 21:20   Link #647
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
its interesting that instead of Jun Fukuyama I hear in this anime, I hear more of Yuuta and his antics from Chu2.
btw loving Miyuki Sawashiro's voice as usual
LOL. FukuJun be using that DARK FLAME MASTER voice a lot..
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 22:46   Link #648
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folenfant View Post
I think this series success will hinge on how well the political discussions can break open and flesh out what could be an interesting universe.
I have to agree. The first episode didn't really "pop" out to me as anything special aside from putting forth some potential in the political content and the setting. And I did like the chemistry shown from the two leads thus far, but most of the other characters, how briefly we saw them, has me worried since they seemed like either characterizations I tend to hate or just plot mouthpiece characters.

Hard to judge from just one episode, but it definitely has my attention.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 00:32   Link #649
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I can only imagine it will get worse a little bit later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I have to agree. The first episode didn't really "pop" out to me as anything special aside from putting forth some potential in the political content and the setting. And I did like the chemistry shown from the two leads thus far, but most of the other characters, how briefly we saw them, has me worried since they seemed like either characterizations I tend to hate or just plot mouthpiece characters.

Hard to judge from just one episode, but it definitely has my attention.
Be warned everyone tends to be a plot mouthpiece from time to time, but they are also pretty fleshed out as well. They come off a little worse here as their back stories are being shoehorned into illustrating the points of the DL speech
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 00:44   Link #650
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I don’t think Hero will do much “talking down” speech ala DFM or Lelouch/Zero though. So, I won’t be worried about that. In fact, you will probably hear JunFuku doing more “freaked out” expression ala Yuuta (like PolarPew said above).
Old 2013-01-09, 01:41   Link #651
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I can only imagine it will get worse a little bit later on.

Be warned everyone tends to be a plot mouthpiece from time to time, but they are also pretty fleshed out as well. They come off a little worse here as their back stories are being shoehorned into illustrating the points of the DL speech
Oh I'm sure I'll be able to deal with it just fine as long as they don't just stand around looking stoic. Many of my favorite series consist of not much beyond people just talking in interesting settings along with interesting plotlines. (which is why I am initially drawn to this series I suppose) I'm just hoping many of these characters have enough personality to go along with their mountains of dailogue to keep me interested. The two leads were a good start.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 11:58   Link #652
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Interesting interesting. At first i was like "Meh a typical Humans vs Demons plot with no brains" but it turned up to be good enough + the interaction between Hero & Demon King was hilarious. The horn killed me
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 12:04   Link #653
Kreceir

Images
Problems of having Useless meat
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kreceir; 2013-01-09 at 18:31.
Kreceir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 14:00   Link #654
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Images
Funniest comic I've seen today (and cute). I have one friend who actually did use the boob trick to hold her book open while studying.

Also, back when my wife and I were juniors in high school, she went from having no boobs to having a nice little figure and spent a year learning how not to clear tables, knock things off of shelves, and so on with them. Couple that with her lightning/storm personality and the rest of us were in stitches laughing.
Old 2013-01-09, 16:58   Link #655
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Since I still haven't quite caught up with my backlog from Fall(I am way behind on a few shows, but am basically caught up with most of them), I guess I'll be late to the party.

I don't really hate or love the OP, but I have a feeling the ED could grow on me. The anime does do those old-school Dragon Quest/Dragon Warrior references well as I loved that reference to the "offer you half the world" bit from the original Dragon Quest/Warrior game. The Demon King here(I find no fault with the translation of her title as Demon King) is certainly much cuter than the Dragonlord

I really liked how they showed the Demon King's quasi-Keynesian outlook on the war between the humans and the demons, and the concern about more pestilance bringing suffering due to famine and overpopulation a valid concern for a medieval world. It will be interesting to see how they handle showing the medieval insurance company(since there were the equivalent of insurance companies in the Middle Ages) and various other economic institutions of that era.

And yeah Onna Kishi should not be translated as Paladin. Lady Knight would likely work.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 23:33   Link #656
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Images
Heh, there's a tumblr comic called "Busty Girl Problems" which is filled with stuff just like that, they can certainly get in the way. xD
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 00:30   Link #657
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I now hate Head Maid for giving the term useless meat.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:19   Link #658
Cyprene

Quote:
And yeah Onna Kishi should not be translated as Paladin. Lady Knight would likely work.
S'probably just gonna be "Knight" and "Mage". Unless they're digging deep into the Gaidens, there are no other mages in the series, and there certainly aren't any "Knights". In Japanese Onna Kishi is essentially one word, so it works as a pronoun, but it doesn't work in English.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:26   Link #659
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I now hate Head Maid for giving the term useless meat.
"Useless" is a perspective. Ask the expert about the usefulness of having those.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 03:27   Link #660
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Whoah.... major deconstruction of the fantasy RPG genre, economics as a element of the story, AND pretty much a marriage (or at least engagement) in the very first episode? It's certainly not your run of the mill anime, and I for one am not complaining about the break from the status quo.

And as a shipper, I'm happy with what romance is currently being shown. Not a lot, but enough for me. Certainly am interested how this marriage of convenience would grow, though to be honest, the whole economy/politics element of the show is currently more intriguing on how they'd go one about it.

Definitely the strongest first episode I've seen so far of the new shows this cour, and hopefully they'd keep it up.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem