AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-30, 04:16   Link #61
Shadow5YA

Again, what exactly are you using as reference? The Realta Nua ending?

What exactly makes you so sure it's exclusively for Fate? Why are you assuming the worst for Saber in UBW? She wasn't seen again after the Grail was destroyed because she wasn't the focus for the route. All that means is that we can't tell what happens to her.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 04:23   Link #62
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This is why I find type-moon so funny to talk about, people endlessly debating the same shit for nearly a decade haha.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 04:54   Link #63
Brother Coa
Banned

^True to that

And I forgot: happy anniversary guys.
10 years from original visual novel.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 05:20   Link #64
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

If Saber ends up being the love interest for Shirou I hope Nasu keeps his word that he would have written their romance differently had he written it now. Now he has his chance.

Though I still would prefer Sakura or Rin, or none at all even, rather than Saber. Since I have always felt that their relationship ultimately hurt both Saber's and Shirou's character arcs and especially Saber's.
I just like them as friends and partners so much. But a different romance might make me change my mind.
Old 2014-01-30, 07:36   Link #65
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

As someone who breezed through DEEN's Fate/stay night without feeling anything for the characters, I hope that Ufotable and the new staff would be able to guide Nasu's story of this Grail War to a better and a more impactful rendition. Based on Fate/Zero, however, I think that the adaptation will be in good hands.

At the very least, it would look good.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:40   Link #66
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Again, what exactly are you using as reference? The Realta Nua ending?

What exactly makes you so sure it's exclusively for Fate? Why are you assuming the worst for Saber in UBW? She wasn't seen again after the Grail was destroyed because she wasn't the focus for the route. All that means is that we can't tell what happens to her.
Spoiler for UBW Ending:

Quote:
You want to talk about shoehorning? How about Shirou's constant browbeating about how girls shouldn't fight in the Fate route?
As was discussed on just the last page, this was a tell towards a fundamental flaw in Shirou's character and one of the main pieces that made up his persona. It was a very relevant and pervading plot point in all three routes. It wasn't even close to being shoehorned in, it was literally one of the central themes of the entire work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This is why I find type-moon so funny to talk about, people endlessly debating the same shit for nearly a decade haha.
Got nothing else to do until the anime comes out, so might as well, right?
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 08:51   Link #67
Nayim

Fate/Stay Night - offcial website is now open.

http://www.fate-sn.com/
Old 2014-01-30, 10:22   Link #68
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
As was discussed on just the last page, this was a tell towards a fundamental flaw in Shirou's character and one of the main pieces that made up his persona. It was a very relevant and pervading plot point in all three routes. It wasn't even close to being shoehorned in, it was literally one of the central themes of the entire work.
Nasu has said that the only reason he wrote it that way was that he didn't know how to write their romance. It is not some deep information about Shirou's character just bad writing.

Quote:
So as a last resort, I had Shirou continually say things to her like “But you’re a girl,” and “Girls aren’t supposed to fight,” in order to remind the users that “she is really a girl.” It’s like the author’s actually the one trying to convince Saber that she’s a girl… I feel like I could have written it a lot better now, but that was the best I could do at the time.

Last edited by sona-nyl; 2014-01-30 at 10:25. Reason: Added quote
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 10:44   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
If you're talking about Shirou's personality then UBW and HF really go into it a lot more than Fate. Those two really go into his reasons, the consequences, and testing just what is more important to him.
I'm talking about his "women shouldn't fight" attitude. It's not a big issue in UBW and HF, certainly not to the point people would find him annoying.
Old 2014-01-30, 10:47   Link #70
Cherry_Lover

I think Shirou's true attitude is more "people who aren't me shouldn't fight" than "women shouldn't fight". It's just that pretty much everyone he knows who aren't him are female....
Old 2014-01-30, 14:06   Link #71
maximilianjenus
[E]

well, it's already been posted that natsu did not find any other way to assert saber's gender, lol.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 14:36   Link #72
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I think if he was a better writer back then, it should have been more like Kiritsugu's reaction to Saber in F/Z. How could this young girl be forced to take the burden of being king of Britain?
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 17:08   Link #73
relentlessflame

*Administrator

People will probably have already noticed this, but I created two Pre-Air threads for this new anime. This one is "Speculation/Spoilers" where people can speculate about the expectations based on their knowledge of the game, previous anime, etc. Please use spoilers tags for route spoilers. The other thread is News/Information ONLY, which is a place where people can go just to get the latest information about the anime, but without any speculation from game players/etc. This means that all route discussion goes in this thread, and none goes in the other thread. I know that's a bit messy, but such is the nature of this franchise.

To start the other thread, I copied some of the informational posts from this thread.
Old 2014-01-30, 19:23   Link #74
myopius

About the info from a few days ago. My understanding is that the original info came from this person's Twitter: https://twitter.com/humanity6 . It was reposted on Yaraon at http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-21532.html . Then it was translated from there to various English language news sites. This Siliconera article is quite accurate: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/28...like-fatezero/ . Some misleading translations have floated around, but to clarify, there's nothing to suggest a new "route/story", just new setting info from Nasu (who is regularly working with ufotable's writers) that is being incorporated into the anime. It's still unknown what route or routes from the game will be the focus of the new anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
From Beast Lair's info so far:
Quote:
Miura: The content of Fate/Stay Night should be assembled to follow the vector introduced by Fate/Zero, we are following that logic. If we succeed things should become interesting. There is one more thing, from the time I received the post of director I decided one thing. That is to draw precisely the character who is Emiya Shirou. Shirou who is incomplete as a magician and doesn't possess any worthwile talent in the first stage of the story, adding to that Saber who is tied to an incomplete summoning, who doesn't receive enough mana and who can't fight at full strength. Despite this while claiming to Saber "Women shouldn't fights", he still throw himself in the frontine. Drawing him like this could make him a very annoying character with one wrong move. But playing the original game I realized he wasn't just an idiot who wanted to become a hero, but someone who's heart is warped somewhere. Why did he become this way, by understanding and despiting this I'm sure he could become a very attractive protagonist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To me, it sounds like another Fate adaptation. The aspect of Shirou's character the director seems to be focusing so strongly on is mostly present in that route.
I don't think the director is implying that he will be going with Fate's Shirou. I think it's actually the opposite: he's indicating that he understands the complexity of Shirou's character (which is fully developed through all 3 routes). He only talks about the more "Fate-associated" aspects of Shirou's character because talking in detail about how Shirou develops in the non-Fate routes would be a spoiler.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 19:32   Link #75
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I remember Urobuchi saying he preferred Shiro X Rin over Shiro X Saber due to the dynamic between the former. I didn't even fully watch the Fate Stay Night anime so I can't comment on that but I wonder what relationship will the staff follow. What if this Shiro doesn't start a relationship?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 19:38   Link #76
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post

Fate/Stay Night - offcial website is now open.

http://www.fate-sn.com/
What is that thing on the sky?

Question: Is this related to the series?
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 21:05   Link #77
krusty_may

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
What is that thing on the sky?

Question: Is this related to the series?
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Do you mean the circle behind Saber's head?
That might be the

Spoiler:
krusty_may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 22:46   Link #78
GDB

There's no "ifs" about it. It definitely is.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-30, 23:15   Link #79
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's no "ifs" about it. It definitely is.
Spoiler for HF:
Old 2014-01-31, 01:42   Link #80
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Spoiler for HF:

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable