Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 13:53   Link #781
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Well, there is this:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=36285

Not exactly a "goth" story... but the main character is seriously freaky and quite gothic (more of a "horror girl" than "goth girl").

See trailer here:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/contents/y...ovie/movie.wvx
I believe he's referring to the manga titled GOTH - not to any generically goth anime.
Old 2006-09-23, 19:24   Link #782
andromeda0201

wow! the trailer for bakumatsu looks awesome! another series to watch out for, time for more samurai action =D
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 19:42   Link #783
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Erm I saw someone comment on teh Youtube page "first Mushishi, then this." Which has got me curious: any link to Mushishi or was that just a random statement? Also I couldn't garner much from the trailer in Japanese, could you provide/link a description?
Bartender is not related to Mushishi save for the airing time slot and that is an episode conclusive anime, therefore the comment probably alludes to the expectations for a quality anime.

Since I don't see any descriptions in English yet, I've translated the synposis from the official site.

Synposis

God's Glass...
That is the monicker given to the immacluate drinks served by the brilliant bartender, Sasakura Ryuu.
The customers who visit his bar "Edenholl" become captivated by his cocktails.
At times, it rekindles memories, heals sorrows, or relights people's fire.
A healing-type anime for the mature audience.

Main characters

Sasakura Ryuu (V.A.: Mizushima Takahiro)
A young bartender who is in charge of the bar "Edenholl" in Ginza. The cocktails he makes are called "God's Glass". Past winner of an international competition, his skills are unmatched, although his secrets remain a mystery.

Kurushima Miwa (V.A.: Fujimura Ayumi)
Granddaughter of Kurushima Taizou, chairman of the Hotel Cardinal group. She is in charge of the hotel's bar section. As a frequnter to Edenholl, she is a confidant to Ryuu.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 21:42   Link #784
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
WHAR? WHAR IS THAT YAOI DOUJIN?

Anyway, seriously - this anime is among my to-watch this upcoming season, if I can get that blasted net connection of mine fixed and that DVD writer.
I only have the one set of screenshots frmo that show talking about it, but well... you were warned

And as for Devil May Cry, I hope they put in a good job to match I.G.'s work on Chevalier (well they're both WOWOW shows). I'm just really worried because Shotarou Suga is one of the scriptwriters and I can't say I really like his stuff. They've all been very boring to me.

Irohaniheto (what aname... ) looks pretty decent. It's not aimed in the realistic style of FLAG (which shares the same overall director), but it seems like they did put in effort to make sure it has some historical accuracy because they've got someone listed among the main staff to help them research and check the cultural settings.

What I noticed immediately is that the character designs are by Kozaki Yuusuke (Speed Grapher designs). I love that stuff - he's also a GIF animator I think, here's hoping he might do some animation like other GIF animators Ryochimo and Kenichi Kusuna. I'm hopeful cos he's credited as character design, not Original Character Design (there's no "animation character design" credit either...)
Old 2006-09-23, 22:04   Link #785
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I only have the one set of screenshots frmo that show talking about it, but well... you were warned
Haha, I wonder what the real people's response is to this?
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:19   Link #786
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Bartender is not related to Mushishi save for the airing time slot and that is an episode conclusive anime, therefore the comment probably alludes to the expectations for a quality anime.

Since I don't see any descriptions in English yet, I've translated the synposis from the official site.

Synposis

God's Glass...
That is the monicker given to the immacluate drinks served by the brilliant bartender, Sasakura Ryuu.
WOW, thank you very much, I think I know why its being compared to Mushishi (^).

Another "human-story-anime" () to expect? Fitting name for a bar like that too. Will follow it.

wao, that link should be buried under dozens of spoiler tags.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 06:12   Link #787
NeoSam

Another anime that got announced :P

==========

うっかりペネロペ
Ukkari Penelope

Broadcast: 20/11/2006

Based on picture books for children.

A site designated for the picture book from the publisher (Iwasaki Shoten):
http://www.iwasakishoten.co.jp/penelope/

Covers of the picture books can be seen here:
http://www.iwasakishoten.co.jp/penelope/shikake.html
http://www.iwasakishoten.co.jp/penelope/ohanashi.html

Genre: Kodomo

==========
Old 2006-09-24, 08:50   Link #788
wao
OK.

The picture books are originally French I think.

The English title is... well I dunno, it's a series of books. For example here is Penelope at School and Penelope In The Winter. The original publisher is Gallimard Jeunesse.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:05   Link #789
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

LOL @ those pictures ... these Japanese, they REALLY don't have a limit to their imagination. (I meant that as a joke, please, don't be offended.) But we also have a War of Philippine Heroes, so it all evens out.

(GMA's ultimate is SONA [sleep]. LOL.)

Is that Tamura Yukari? The one on the top holding the magazine or whatnot? WTH am I thinking. LOL.

I don't even know Tamura Yukari ... she's the Go-Go-Igo segment in-charge, right?
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 05:53   Link #790
NeoSam

Genshiken getting an anime :)

Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay Yay >.<

Not only Kujibiki Unbalance is getting an anime, but also Genshiken is getting an anime too Yay Yay Yay

From Manganews:

Quote:
New Kujibiki Unbalance manga serializing + New Genshiken Anime!: According to the latest issue of Afternoon (on sale 9/25), a new Genshiken anime is in production! Moreover, Kujibiki Unbalance, the original anime made for the first Genshiken TV series will now get its own manga series. On top of that, there will be a full length anime series of it starting October. [ Source:Nisedaiti ]
Yay Yay Yay a new Genshiken anime
Old 2006-09-25, 06:48   Link #791
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I've read that "news" a couple of days ago and I am somewhat doubtful. Can anyone confirm it with the actual image from Afternoon?

Unless this "Project G2" is it. http://shop.kodansha.jp/bc/yoyaku/comics/genshiken9/

EDIT2: According to this blog, it's not going to be a full-fledged TV series, though, but rather an OVA.

Quote:
Today’s scoop, revealed in the pages of Afternoon, is that Genshiken will in fact continue in animated form - but as a special add on to the Kujian DVD box releases, not as a TV series in itself. The Light Otaku Diary describes the release as mirroring that of the Kujian OVA when it originally came bundled with the R2 release of Genshiken two years ago, right down to the (very steep) price tag of 14,490 yen per box (a box containing four episodes of Kujian and one of Genshiken, for a total of three new Genshiken episodes and 12 episodes of Kujian over three boxes).

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-09-25 at 07:16.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 07:35   Link #792
NeoSam

Damn it, why? why? why do they keep doing stuff like this

Only 3 episodes WTF
Old 2006-09-25, 08:11   Link #793
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

$125 for a single episode of Genshiken.

lawl

No decency at all. 8)
Old 2006-09-25, 08:34   Link #794
PILMAN

Quote:

Synposis

God's Glass...

Main characters

Sasakura Ryuu (V.A.: Mizushima Takahiro)
A young bartender who is in charge of the bar "Edenholl" in Ginza. The cocktails he makes are called "God's Glass". Past winner of an international competition, his skills are unmatched, although his secrets remain a mystery.

Kurushima Miwa (V.A.: Fujimura Ayumi)
Granddaughter of Kurushima Taizou, chairman of the Hotel Cardinal group. She is in charge of the hotel's bar section. As a frequnter to Edenholl, she is a confidant to Ryuu.
Look interesting, wonder if anyone will fansub it, looks like a different anime I would be interested in.
PILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 09:41   Link #795
Zappster

Quote:

Synposis

God's Glass...
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that put it in the same sort of bracket as Binchotan and Aria? Well I guess the mature audience bit is arguable for those two but I'm more referring to the "healing-type anime" comment. If so I'll definitely be checking out an episode or two of this(not that I wasn't before but this would pretty much cement my standing on it.)
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 10:18   Link #796
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
$125 for a single episode of Genshiken.

lawl

No decency at all. 8)
Life is hard people. Life is hard.

By the way, this piece of news sucks.

And wow, Bartender is looking good already.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 10:23   Link #797
potholes
~ hanabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
LOL @ those pictures ... these Japanese, they REALLY don't have a limit to their imagination. (I meant that as a joke, please, don't be offended.) But we also have a War of Philippine Heroes, so it all evens out.
I agree with you. But that's not a bad thing ;p especially in the creative business. They need a limitless imagination to come up with sorts of things that keep the likes of us glued to anime/manga
potholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 11:27   Link #798
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't that put it in the same sort of bracket as Binchotan and Aria? Well I guess the mature audience bit is arguable for those two but I'm more referring to the "healing-type anime" comment. If so I'll definitely be checking out an episode or two of this(not that I wasn't before but this would pretty much cement my standing on it.)
Ah, since the official site used the word 癒す, I wrote it as healing, but perhaps it should have been consoling/conforting/soothing or something on that grounds

In any case, it is definitely not in the same category as Binchou-tan or ARIA.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 11:34   Link #799
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I think Binchou-tan was officially described as "Anime for tired men". 8)
Old 2006-09-25, 11:34   Link #800
NeoSam

The site for Les Misérables Shoujo Cossette anime has opened:

レ・ミゼラブル 少女コゼット
Les Misérables Shoujo Cossette

http://www.nippon-animation.co.jp/lesmise/

52 episodes
Broadcast: 2007

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers