AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-19, 15:23   Link #5501
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Up until the second GAT-X series appeared I doubt there were any anti-Phase Shift weapons deployed. I'm fully aware that the anime never really showed concrete evidence of anti-Phase Shift physical weaponry, but IIRC the side materials did show some mobile suits equipped with such.
Old 2012-11-19, 15:28   Link #5502
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Up until the second GAT-X series appeared I doubt there were any anti-Phase Shift weapons deployed. I'm fully aware that the anime never really showed concrete evidence of anti-Phase Shift physical weaponry, but IIRC the side materials did show some mobile suits equipped with such.
True, but the EF invented Phase Shift, one would expect them to have a backup plan But oh well, as i said before, the Excalibur was suddenly able to project a beam at the tip that one time, even if it doesnt make sense and how silly it was, thats what happened.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 15:41   Link #5503
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep, there’s a lot of “craziness” in Destiny. I guess we all can agree to that.

Oh, and talking about Phase-Shift Armor (PSA), does anybody have a theory on why it can give color (different colors for a single MS to boot!) to a metal object? The first time I saw it, I was like “WTF! ”. For me, it’s more plausible if the colors came from paint rather than a shield generator like PSA .
Old 2012-11-19, 15:50   Link #5504
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
True, but the EF invented Phase Shift, one would expect them to have a backup plan But oh well, as i said before, the Excalibur was suddenly able to project a beam at the tip that one time, even if it doesnt make sense and how silly it was, thats what happened.
To be fair, they'd just developed the Gundams and their technology; presumably they would've developed countermeasures against the weapons once they were delivered to Alaska like they were supposed to. The one commander for the Eurasia Federation even said as much, that countermeasures could be developed for use against Gundams once the Gundams were fully researched by the military.

And then, two years later with ZAFT making their own set of Gundams, it makes sense they'd also develop anti-Phase Shift countermeasures.
Old 2012-11-19, 17:39   Link #5505
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

That Impulse action figure impaling Freedom is pretty awesome. I wonder if there is one of the headless Freedom impaling Providence. About the actual Freedom vs Impulse man, I had no idea people felt like that. The arguments confuse me: Does the director hate Kira or not? Did Naomi Shindo really hate the show even though she reprised her role in every adaptation, film, video game? Was the Destiny the actual mobile suit supposed to destroy Freedom as hinted by the openings? Should I have reacted badly when I saw Quattro turning into that villain from the movie or when Jack decided to stay in the island as asked by Jacob? Why am I making so many questions?!

Ah forget about that. Now to the next comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yep, there’s a lot of “craziness” in Destiny. I guess we all can agree to that.

Oh, and talking about Phase-Shift Armor (PSA), does anybody have a theory on why it can give color (different colors for a single MS to boot!) to a metal object? The first time I saw it, I was like “WTF! ”. For me, it’s more plausible if the colors came from paint rather than a shield generator like PSA .
I think it's just there to give a hint when a mobile suit is functioning or not. For example, when Kira fought Waltfield all the viewers knew Kira was running out of energy when Strike lost its colors. The Impulse getting so different colors by wielding a sword? Merchandising of course

Although I never got how is it that when Cagalli piloted the Strike it was pink and when Kira piloted it in was blue. Does it detect the gender? In the manga Kira mentions some things about him improving the Strike after the Freedom was destroyed and take Cagalli's place but I don't think they ever mention that in the films.

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2012-11-19 at 18:10.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 19:33   Link #5506
I Fail at Life

Maybe because the show lost all integrity after 32/33. Ep 34 through 38 were a complete joke. 1. Destroys became cannon fodder and a complete joke . 2. Brought back sting for no reason just to have him die again. 3. Adding Insult to Injury by replicating the defeat of Freedom with Destiny swapped in for Impulse, and this time against a Gouf with Athrun and Meyrin in it and you get the same scene. 4. Shinn victory against named pilots being handed to him until ep 42. 5. After ep 43.... Everything after that was such Quality and exciting, that it made me throw my computer out the window of how good it was.

Such Good Writing.

Anyway im past this now (not discussing any further). Umm.. One of the things I want in the Remaster is Lunamaria getting "Bright Slapped" for being a s*** and being so darn annoying. Shinn! Shinn! Shinn!.... Shinn! What a W****.

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2012-11-19 at 19:37. Reason: grammar punctuation
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 20:09   Link #5507
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
That Impulse action figure impaling Freedom is pretty awesome. I wonder if there is one of the headless Freedom impaling Providence.
It’s not an action figure. They’re two separate model kits. When you buy a kit, you have to assemble the tiny parts to form the Mobile Suit. After it’s done, you can pose it however you want. What you saw in the picture are Freedom and Impulse Master Grade kits posing together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Although I never got how is it that when Cagalli piloted the Strike it was pink and when Kira piloted it in was blue. Does it detect the gender? In the manga Kira mentions some things about him improving the Strike after the Freedom was destroyed and take Cagalli's place but I don't think they ever mention that in the films.
Yep, you just pointed one of the "WTF" thing about PSA. Not only it can give different colors within one MS (Red, Blue, & Yellow for Strike), it can also give different colors to two MS of the same type (Strike & Strike Rouge, Black Gaia & Orange Gaia, and Impulse variation). Yes, I know it’s all for merchandise, but within the show, I can only say “Wow, that PSA is really creative in generating & choosing colors for the MSs
Old 2012-11-19, 20:27   Link #5508
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

In defense of the Strike Rouge, the coloration change wasn't because of the Phase Shift armor itself, but because of an additional part to its power supply that caused the discoloration.
Old 2012-11-19, 20:47   Link #5509
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
In defense of the Strike Rouge, the coloration change wasn't because of the Phase Shift armor itself, but because of an additional part to its power supply that caused the discoloration.
And Impulse’s different colors is due to its different armaments. Yeah, you can come up with in-show reasons like that. Still, for me, the idea of a shield generator giving different colors to metals are so “out there” along with time-travels and space-warp system .
Old 2012-11-19, 21:19   Link #5510
Washu-Chan