AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 00:57   Link #22041
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And that is why the story that the mother died in delivery and the sisters were probably going to kick it as well if they weren't "saved" is now the back story for them. They're adopted and brought up by the company. The biological father, I'd probably concoct a story of how much of a useless schmuck he was, is long gone from the sisters' lives.

Scan is never a gamebreaker, because even though you know, you need to be able to do something with that information as well.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 01:02   Link #22042
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really, but of course, even I.S. has heavy weapon that put tank weapon to shame. Their light caliber weapon is akin to overpowered anti-material weapon (such as GAU-8 30mm Anti-armor Gatling Cannon) and thus still deadly to human unless adjusted down in power.

Rule of thumb: Make it so that it requires a lot of time, so it's a gamble whether his partner can hold it for long enough. The more powerful an unit is, the more complex it's system are.

NOTE: Ichika's 5.56mm Gatling for example only had destructive power of a 20mm cannon, once tested against a Main Battle Tank. The result? Tank armor is dented but pretty-much unharmed overall. It has not enough power to pierce I.S. barrier too.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:14   Link #22043
demino_hellsin
That one guy

how deadly is the lance if its injection barbs and propulsion basically make it a GN missile from gundam 00?
Old 2012-02-14, 01:18   Link #22044
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As long as it can't insta-pierce absolute Defense, I'd say top tier but not overpowered.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:19   Link #22045
Eratas123

@ Senpai - He can't scan Akatsubaki due to it being 4th Gen. Ichika's is halfway, so it's still scannable. The problem is it's useless when he's by himself since one hit disrupts the process. On the other hand, his partner is Tatenashi
Old 2012-02-14, 01:20   Link #22046
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Does having a solid stab and running it through the right shoulder count as insta-pierce?
Old 2012-02-14, 01:20   Link #22047
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
That would be a problem

@ Demi
That means the absolute defense already pierced, so yes. :|
Old 2012-02-14, 01:23   Link #22048
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would absolute defense be strong enough if the IS was already in prolonged combat? Let's say if shield was dropped down to about 50-200? My instincts tell me it would block at the start but run out in a moment so the lance can still pierce through. What's your take?
Old 2012-02-14, 01:25   Link #22049
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Prolonged pressure can be justified (this is how Gospel weapon work, by constant barrage), what I mean overpowered is one stab broke through it near instant, like knife through meat.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:29   Link #22050
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmm... reading Kanzashi's part. For some reason I feel that Ichika is a jerk and Kanzashi has more right to abuse him than the whole harem combined...

Well the stab wouldn't go in easily more like jammed in.(thrown at close range and the propulsion kicks in)
Old 2012-02-14, 01:33   Link #22051
Eratas123

@ Senpai - There are a load of fights where Tatenashi isn't with him. The airplane fight, for example.

@ Demi - What did Ichika do?
Old 2012-02-14, 01:37   Link #22052
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Really? Need to check it to be sure.

This also works the same with Ichika's anti-golem sword, who has mass, momentum, and output high enough that it start to sap SP just so it can work, despite not having barrier void. Consequently, it can PWN anything that moves slow enough to be hit, but rarely he fought unit slow enough to be hit with that
Old 2012-02-14, 01:37   Link #22053
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I really don't like how he thinks agreeing to partner with Kanzashi, out of pity and Tatenashi's request; as well as guilt for making Kanzashi fail hard for the second time in her life due to having Byakushiki's construction take priority over Kanzashi's own unit, will fix things. Even if it is Tatenashi's begging, it's like saying he can make everything better just because he's him. It really irks me.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:41   Link #22054
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thats... quite a wild explanation, but from certain point of view, that would be true

EDIT: Say, then what would be the more appropriate response?
Old 2012-02-14, 01:48   Link #22055
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If I were Ichika I'd actually just go and set things straight if I even bother to fix things. Partnering with her is like selling a date or something. I'd actually talk than just outright invite. I'd want to say I'm sorry because even though I don't understand I'm sure that being a representative candidate without their own personal unit is very hard. Almost like a person born without arms and legs. Just saying I'd partner with her is like saying, "Hey you can use another IS while you get a close-up of my personal unit that took precedence over yours.".

Talk properly, reach a proper understanding. Isn't it more awkward to ask someone for a partnership out of the blue when they have all the right to hate you rather than strike up a conversation?

EDIT: Saying sorry may not be enough so I'd actually tell her that if there's ever something I could do for her then I'd do it.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:51   Link #22056
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Does Ichika even knew she hated him? Or the fact that she had reason to do just that?
Old 2012-02-14, 01:54   Link #22057
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Tatenashi told him that Kanzashi is bitter towards Tate due to an inferiority complex and that it's very mortifying for a representative candidate to not have a personal IS. Ichika was also told that it was Ichika's fault that Kanzashi is more closed off than usual because her personal unit was left incomplete due to prioritizing Byakushiki.

The two idiots decided to fix things by getting Kanzashi to tag battle with Ichika.
Old 2012-02-14, 01:55   Link #22058
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's.....

Absurd. The hell I can fix that mess? And now there's Kurogane... GODDAMNIT! I'm so fucked up!
Old 2012-02-14, 01:58   Link #22059
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Bah, off to do my duties as a student now... see you guys tomorrow.
Old 2012-02-14, 02:52   Link #22060
Eratas123

You forget that he didn't know she had no IS till after she slapped him. Tatenashi says it afterwards

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest