AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 05:27   Link #20141
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
part of the reason i am LESS inclined to accept the "eternal widow" theory is that kallen is still 19 years old
isnt it a bit TOO early to write out any possiblity of her coming to love again
especially when you remember that unlike with suzaku and eupihe, she and lelouch were never really "together" before she lost him
Old 2009-06-18, 05:29   Link #20142
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
part of the reason i am LESS inclined to accept the "eternal widow" theory is that kallen is still 19 years old
isnt it a bit TOO early to write out any possiblity of her coming to love again
especially when you remember that unlike with suzaku and eupihe, she and lelouch were never really "together" before she lost him
Blade, dammit {lol} it is fiction. Certain characters are effing devoted and loyal, because this is who they are. Kallen experienced huge-ass love because of Lelouch and she wants and can stay loyal to him forever, till she catches up to him. This is what she said, why would i go against it? Why do you?
And do not get me wrong, fanfiction is nice and all this jazz, but it is fanfiction. They can be IC or close to IC or OCC and everything. But they are not "this is close to canon, because i see this and that and this and that." No, it does not work like this. Show ended in a certain way, everything else is out in the sphere of each's one imagination. Some theories might work better, some not. But, they are still theories.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 05:38   Link #20143
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i kinda feel that she deserves more then a life of an eternal widow
Old 2009-06-18, 05:41   Link #20144
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
i kinda feel that she deserves more then a life of an eternal widow
See? This is your wish. But the show ended differently, and Kallen's wish is different. And who said she was unhappy or mediocre happy? Her smile in the end, pretty much shows, her heart is full.

And sorry, but what are you implying? That having a relationship with Zerozaku goes to the deserve-more-concept?
Old 2009-06-18, 05:57   Link #20145
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
See? This is your wish. But the show ended differently, and Kallen's wish is different. And who said she was unhappy or mediocre happy? Her smile in the end, pretty much shows, her heart is full.

And sorry, but what are you implying? That having a relationship with Zerozaku goes to the deserve-more-concept?
i think that kallen being in a relationship with someone is better then her spending the rest of her life as a widow
she desrves to hear someone tell her "i love you" at least once in her life
and thats just MY opinion

and about the zerozaku part
i think zerozaku is a better option becouse he is possibly the ONLY person alive who would truly understand who kallen really IS
most guys would probably view her as a pretty face, and a fiery personality
how many of them would REALLY understand just how amazing this woman really is
that behind the blue eyes and nice rack there is a warrior second to none
one who would walk through fire for the one she loves
and one who would forsake even her own HEART if it clashs with her sense of justice
i'm of the opinion that suzaku is in a better position to REALLY appriciate her should they ever get together
to treat her as she DESERVES to be treated
Old 2009-06-18, 06:06   Link #20146
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
i think that kallen being in a relationship with someone is better then her spending the rest of her life as a widow
she desrves to hear someone tell her "i love you" at least once in her life
and thats just MY opinion

and about the zerozaku part
i think zerozaku is a better option becouse he is possibly the ONLY person alive who would truly understand who kallen really IS
most guys would probably view her as a pretty face, and a fiery personality
how many of them would REALLY understand just how amazing this woman really is
that behind the blue eyes and nice rack there is a warrior second to none
one who would walk through fire for the one she loves
and one who would forsake even her own HEART if it clashs with her sense of justice
i'm of the opinion that suzaku is in a better position to REALLY appriciate her should they ever get together
to treat her as she DESERVES to be treated
Might be the case, might be not. But Kallen thinks she is alright with what she got. Whatever she has and cherishes at the present, is because of Lelouch. Lelouch for Kallen is her stadium arcadium. {<--write this one down for me Vlad}
She needs loving him, and she is just happy, that she knows {or believes for the sake of it!11"} that he loved her back.
Kallen never was the character that needed a lot of things in her life. She just wanted a better world for the sake of her brother and the sake of justice. Romantic-love, she could give a flying fuck about it. The only one that managed to awaken that feelings for her, was Lelouch. And seeing that this connection was {might have been} mutual, that is enough for the rest of her life.

Now, if you want to believe, that Kallen needs someone necessarily to make her happy, then alright, feel free to, even though canon-show disagrees with you. But do not try to push your own opinion as justifying points, because no, Kallen does not really want to get rabu-rabu with anyone else, mostly with Suzaku, who was much in love with Euphemia when the show ended. It is just..off the table, considering all their development.
But sure, your opinion. Oh and your last line, god, it reminds me certain people saying "Kallen deserved better than Lelouch!11 She deserved someone that knew how to treat her good!!11" Ah, dear Lelouch Jesus.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:08   Link #20147
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i didnt say that its necesarly what she WANTS
it's just what i think she DESERVES
i think she deserves more

and its not that she deserves BETTER then lelouch
she already GOT lelouch
she deserves better then lelouch's MEMORY
Old 2009-06-18, 06:10   Link #20148
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Just a fast run there cause...

Suzaku hooking up with his deceased BF's GF ? >>> What a way to punish him.
Kallen who ends up looking as an eternal widow to be hooking up with Suzaku >>> Doesn't make sense.

If one can make a whole argument for Suzaku/Kallen in a serious way, no need to wonder why some can see KaGino as a serious possibility as well. it is the same. excpet that there, it's not only Kallen's character derailment, but Suzaku's as well.

/Whatamidoinghere

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 06:12   Link #20149
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
i didnt say that its necesarl what she WANTS
it's just what i think she DESERVES
i think she deserves more

and its not that she deserves BETTER then lelouch
she already GOT lelouch
she deserves better then lelouch's MEMORY
Except, it is not. No need to say "necessarily" when she made it clear in her chara song that she wants to look at the sky each night, and reminiscing her gumline scene, that was cut. 8D
Honestly, Kallen is perfectly fine, with repeating the scene of the epilogue. Waking up, smiling at Lulu's picture, taking her toast, waving bai to mama and going to school. Simple things, that make this girl happy.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:13   Link #20150
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Blade, my brothaaa, let it be. Nobody needs a relationship to be happy, you can be happy in a relationship, but it's not like if you don't got one, you'll be unhappy forever. Kallen is satisfied with the Lelouch in her heart. Her mother. Her friends. Her life. I think that's enough for her.

And it's not like i don't want Suzakallen to happen. I love them both much more than i love Lelouch, it's just that... It was not meant to be. In MY perfect world, Kallen would be Suzaku's love interest to begin with, nothing like Euphemia(i really like Euphemia, but... It's Kallen, sorry, Euphie) or Cecil. Just Kallen and Suzaku, but, it was not meant to be. Kallen was in love with Lelouch and in the end she still is in love with the guy and is happy being an eternal widow. I guess that's about it.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 06:14   Link #20151
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

you keep forgeting that she isnt going to stay in school forever
her mother's not going to stay SICK forever
one of these days she going to run out of toast
Old 2009-06-18, 06:16   Link #20152
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Ahh, she will. Kallen will be a teacher(the job for eternal widows in anime). And hey, you can always keep your friends from school. It's not like that after the last day everyone says "goodbye. FOREVAAAAR". Kallen got her whole life to choose her path, now everything is up to her.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:17   Link #20153
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

And you seem to forget about Kallen loving Lelouch forever, and Suzaku being in love with Euphemia pretty much forever, especially now that he has the Zero-persona to take care of.
It is what Loli said, it would be basically derailment of charas. If we want to consider SuzaKallen as possibility, then we should not scream "noes1!111" to Kagino. Simple.

p.s charas do not have to embark on a relationship, for the sake of embarking or listen to the word "i love youuuu!!1" to be happy.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:21   Link #20154
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

are you saying its impossible for someone to still love a dead loved one and yet come to love someone else as well
in either fiction or real life
its VERY common

the reason i scream "noes1!111" at kagino isnt based in lelouch and kallen's love for him
its based on him and kallen having NOTHING in common and kallen showing no interest (romantic or other) in him at all
she has more in common and has shown more INTEREST (albiet, not romantic) in suzaku
Old 2009-06-18, 06:23   Link #20155
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
are you saying its impossible for someone to still love a dead loved one and yet come to love someone else as well
its VERY common

Ah Jesus Christ, you know what blade? Sure, discard ALL of Kallen's development, all of the materials supporting her devotion and loyalty and we are fine. Sure, hooking up with Zerozaku? Sounds plausible. Hell, she might even enter an OT3 with Gino.
God, and i thought that Kallen's chara was about eternal loyalty to the people she loved much throughout her life, guess i was wrong.

p.s for the last time, it is fiction. Cliche devices.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:27   Link #20156
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
its VERY common
Yeah, it's possible, but does Kallen show some signs of this at all in the series? No. So we can't say she will get in a relationship. Some people do, some people don't and stay alone forever, so we can't say anything at all in this field without gettting into fanfiction.

And hey, just because she got something in common with Suzaku doesn't mean that much, after all, she got more thing in common with Suzaku than with Lelouch and who's the guy she wants?
Old 2009-06-18, 06:28   Link #20157
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
a

the reason i scream "noes1!111" at kagino isnt based in lelouch and kallen's love for him
its based on him and kallen having NOTHING in common and kallen showing no interest (romantic or other) in him at all
she has more in common and has shown more INTEREST (albiet, not romantic) in suzaku[
And? Your point is? They might find things in common in the future, it is not like they spent much time together you know, to learn more about each other.
Besides Kallen is a player-girl, so. I mean, she "DESERVES" to enter a relationship after Lelouch to hear the three precious words, no? Isn't that what you said?
Old 2009-06-18, 06:30   Link #20158
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

you dont need to be angry

and i dont think it IS a derailment
i dont think kallen would be pushing for a relationship with suzaku any more then he would be pushin for a relationship with HER
i think she WOULD how ever be trying to help him if she came to believe that he's in risk of caving in under the pressure (and thus putting lelouch's legacy at risk)
i think she WOULD be stubborn enough to force him to turn to her for help when he needs it (partly becouse, she knows he doesnt have all that many options)
the relationship between them could end being similer to what lelouch and C.C had for much of the show
and from there its possible for them to actually come to view each other as MORE
and from THAT point, the odds of them hooking up is NO LONGER a derailment of either character
becouse it comes at the end of a chain of events and character development that are IN LINE with kallen's character
she wants to protect lelouch's legacy, and the only REAL way she can do that is by making sure suzaku is able to handle it
Old 2009-06-18, 06:32   Link #20159
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
the relationship between them could end being similer to what lelouch and C.C had for much of the show
Just partners and nothing else? Ahh, now we agree.
Old 2009-06-18, 06:34   Link #20160
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
you dont need to be angry

and i dont think it IS a derailment
i dont think kallen would be pushing for a relationship with suzaku any more then he would be pushin for a relationship with HER
i think she WOULD how ever be trying to help him if she came to believe that he's in risk of caving in under the pressure (and thus putting lelouch's legacy at risk)
i think she WOULD be stubborn enough to force him to turn to her for help when he needs it (partly becouse, she knows he doesnt have all that many options)
and from THAT point, the odds of them hooking up is NO LONGER a derailment
becouse it comes at the end of a chain of events that are IN LINE with kallen's character
she wants to protect lelouch's legacy, and the only REAL way she can do that is by making sure suzaku is able to handle it
Well i think that Kallen needs someone like Gino in her life. Someone energetic, cheery and oh-shallow. Because Kallen has shown in the past, that she does fall easily in love, i mean, before she entered the BK, she was spending her time, fooling around with boys. Disagrees with canon? Who cares, it is the future, everything is on the table. Yep., Kagino is my new OTP. ^___^

p.s Suzaku can handle everything alone, i do not think Kallen showed in the last PD, much interest in that, the world is fine and it will be, cause that is how it was supposed to be, ZR prefect-fabulous-plan!11
Also, i suppose Kallen can protect Lelouch's legacy, with hooking up with Suzaku? Because, Suzaku is such a horny person as well. Again, canon disagrees with me? What, no, why? It is the future, anything is on the table.!!1

p.s 2 i am not angry, i am actually loling. Hard.