Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 07:21   Link #2401
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The minute i learnt the series was set in the 80s, i knew there wouldn't be any fanservice. Not to say there's no fanservice in 80s shows, though it's the kind where you have to go looking for it.
How does that have anything to do with it? It may take place in the '80s but it was made now. I'm not expecting panty shots every other frame, nor would I ask for that. But the best scene we got was that single frame in the second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Yeah took me a while to get orientated to the time-frame after they showed his calender in one scene. Still everything that incurred within the setting looked so modern, with the exception of the BMW-looking car.
They did a good job of subtly reminding you of the time period. You had the calendars, car phone, answering machine being a new product, and of course the lack of cell phones. I wonder how many people thought it was stupid they didn't have cell phones since they didn't know the time period is the mid '80s, lol.
Old 2010-05-19, 07:25   Link #2402
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
How does that have anything to do with it? It may take place in the '80s but it was made now. I'm not expecting panty shots every other frame, nor would I ask for that. But the best scene we got was that single frame in the second season.
It has a lot to do with it. Check out pretty much 90% of the serious romance titles from the 80s, and they won't have any fanservice. That's all i'm getting at.
Old 2010-05-19, 07:41   Link #2403
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It has a lot to do with it. Check out pretty much 90% of the serious romance titles from the 80s, and they won't have any fanservice. That's all i'm getting at.
But it's not like the source material didn't have anything.
Old 2010-05-19, 11:02   Link #2404
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
But it's not like the source material didn't have anything.
As i've already explained, i'm just talking about my personally experiences with mature romance anime from the 80s, or set in that time period, and how they have little to no fanservice. I'm not talking about ero games.

That's it. I don't see why this topic needs to be dragged on any longer.
Old 2010-08-16, 06:05   Link #2405
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
hey i am puzzled these two part i dont see any where

Old 2010-08-16, 11:17   Link #2406
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^They're fan edits.
Old 2010-08-16, 12:40   Link #2407
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That is a complete photoshop. I don't really get the point of it either. I would say the guy is praying to Yayoi, but it looks more like a grave than a shrine, lol.
Old 2010-08-17, 03:30   Link #2408
hollowification

Quote:
That is a complete photoshop. I don't really get the point of it either. I would say the guy is praying to Yayoi, but it looks more like a grave than a shrine, lol.

well it is they praying at the grave but i dont know i was watching this amv white album showing this part frankly i dont know get it frankly i need little help here if you dont know i give u guy link to the amv watch it and tell me please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsKqlVOm8mc
Old 2010-08-17, 07:10   Link #2409
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That's a really good AMV. I don't know why the guy killed Touya, Yayoi & Mana though. Maybe he was a Rina fan. It was funny how Yuki was totally absent. And what's the the clips from that shoujo series? Werid.

The two minute mark the great. It was so awesome when she went in tongue first. You can fault the guy all you want, but I don't think any of us could have resisted her seductions.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:29   Link #2410
hollowification

Quote:
That's a really good AMV. I don't know why the guy killed Touya, Yayoi & Mana though. Maybe he was a Rina fan. It was funny how Yuki was totally absent. And what's the the clips from that shoujo series? Werid.

The two minute mark the great. It was so awesome when she went in tongue first. You can fault the guy all you want, but I don't think any of us could have resisted her seductions.
well i dont know i saw this amv and i wanted to watch it but frankly this part never showed up
Old 2010-08-25, 04:12   Link #2411
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Haven't seen much since I was busy. Anyone care to spoil me Yayoi's fate? Thanks.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 07:19   Link #2412
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Haven't seen much since I was busy. Anyone care to spoil me Yayoi's fate? Thanks.
Ah, Yayoi...she was so awesome. Umm...
Spoiler for End of White Album:
Old 2010-09-23, 21:06   Link #2413
christinemarie
Crazy One

After watching, I definitely an anime lover of the 80's despite White Album was animated a little late.
I can't believe this anime ended just like that, I want to know what happened to the rest of the cast and even Touya.

Spoiler for I don't know if it's true:
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 21:14   Link #2414
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
After watching, I definitely an anime lover of the 80's despite White Album was animated a little late.
I can't believe this anime ended just like that, I want to know what happened to the rest of the cast and even Touya.

Spoiler for I don't know if it's true:
Spoiler for White Album, ~Episode 13+:

I wish the new PS3 game was translated and all.

I really have to learn Japanese...
Old 2012-02-12, 14:26   Link #2415
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Listening to the music from this series it is bringing back so many memories.

I'm adding this to my re-watch list when I'm done with school.
Old 2012-02-16, 22:57   Link #2416
Mazryonh

Any word on whether White Album 2 is getting an animated adaptation? I've been trying to track down who the seiyuus for White Album 2's characters are. I've heard that Hitomi Nabatame voiced Kazusa Touma (one of the main heroines) in a Drama CD for that game, but I have no idea whether she also voiced Kazusa in the game as well (not that such a thing would have been unwelcome).

I'm still a little miffed that Romi Park didn't sing in White Album anime (or even have a character song to sing herself)--she is by no means a slouch in that area. Was it because getting the rights for such superstars like Nana Mizuki and Aya Hirano (at least she was a superstar then) to sing too expensive? They got Rumi Shishido to sing, but was that only because Shishido is an independent and thus there was no need for the anime developers to pay an agency for her to sing?

I think that the undeniably successful sales of omnibus-style series like Yosuga no Sora and Amagami might inspire the developers of the White Album anime to make something that I believe would take away some of the sour taste the fans had with the anime. It's clear that Touya in the anime series has feelings for all of his "goddesses" already, so it would be too difficult to make branching stories that segue into character-specific endings--perhaps a 2 episode OVA for each could work.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 23:28   Link #2417
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Listening to the music from this series it is bringing back so many memories.
I still rock the ED to the second season on my playlist. Suara is godlike.

PA Works should do White Album 2 when they're done with Another.
Old 2012-02-18, 11:05   Link #2418
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
I still rock the ED to the second season on my playlist. Suara is godlike.

PA Works should do White Album 2 when they're done with Another.
That would be awesome. PA Works always does good stuff.
Old 2012-07-13, 23:19   Link #2419
Anime-fan10

I just finished watching this series and I was very disappointed by it. Touya was not an easy guy to like at all and everything he did to all those girls was terrible.
Spoiler for Ending:
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 19:18   Link #2420
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

So I uh, marathoned this because of WA2.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2013-11-13 at 19:42.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen