AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-28, 16:34   Link #10861
Pen3

After 15 battles in my Chi-Nu Kai i finally get Ace
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Also Aced Borsig on my first game today.
Images

3rd game with Tempester on our 183s and he stole my Top Gun in the end ; ;
Images

Last edited by Pen3; 2013-11-28 at 18:50.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 20:14   Link #10862
Gravitas Free Zone

So I was prepared to make a massive rush to the AT 7 and SU-152 by the end of the weekend, at about 24000 XP per day, so that I could take advantage of what I thought was a sale.

I decided to recheck some of the premium discounts and saw this:

I was... surprised. On scrolling up to look for the usual retraction note...

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

On the other hand, getting those vehicles unlocked by the end of the weekend will still allow me to take advantage of the retraining sale.

Meanwhile, much as low tiers make me very angry, I'm thinking of getting the H35 just to screw around with it for a bit.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-28, 20:34   Link #10863
GirlsScareMeOK
不死川 心 <3

I've got free xp stocked and I'm debating what to use it on :S wait for the jp line, go down the new german td line, or get a kt now with a few top modules..

Anyone plan on going down the jp line? I think the tanks look cooler and provide an alternative for the leopard line I was looking to avoid haha.
Old 2013-11-29, 02:26   Link #10864
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I finally rebought the AMX 13 90. Maybe it can find a good use in Team Battles now.

Images

Yes, that crew was originally on my BatChat, which is currently out of commission. My stats and performance in that tank were just awful, and before I sully it any further, I shall just work on improving my playstyle with both mediums and autoloaders, and learning with the 13 90 will certainly help. Some day, I'll be a good Bat driver. But for now, I need to get better.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 03:18   Link #10865
Pen3

Its really bad today.... i can barely get 35% win. I got about 6 tanks left to run for dailies, but need to take a breather first lol
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 03:38   Link #10866
Blaat

Speaking of the H35 that is still the only French tank I need to kill for the French expert medal. Doesn't help that the only Tier 2 tank I have is the T7 combat car and you can't really penetrate the H35 with that tank.
Old 2013-11-29, 04:08   Link #10867
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Ace Tanker for T32 on a loss. It was a pretty painful game. But at least the badge is out of the way...

Also I just had an intimate moment with my sworn enemy ISU-152. He was on my team and we were 3 vs 3. He said "Tiger II, let's stick together. We'll wait for you." Then we successfully killed the remaining tanks and won, with him saving me at one point, too. For the FIRST time in my life, I felt a bit fuzzy inside... about a hateful Soviet TD...
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 07:52   Link #10868
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Speaking of the H35 that is still the only French tank I need to kill for the French expert medal. Doesn't help that the only Tier 2 tank I have is the T7 combat car and you can't really penetrate the H35 with that tank.
I suppose, if I really wanted to practice scouting, that I could repurchase the PzIC and not load any ammo in it. The H35, MiniMaus, Matildas, and anything else at Tier 5 make using the machine gun sort of pointless anyway.

Still, people do expect you to try to shoot things when you're in a IC.

Speaking of the H35 again... the debut game was merely average, though I did get a couple of kills and not die (ended up guarding the flank on Malinovka, enemy chose to run the western lake edge instead). But it's a very interesting sensation watching all of the tier 1s and some of the tier 2s (I stayed away from the T18s) shoot at you and do absolutely nothing at all.
Old 2013-11-29, 08:46   Link #10869
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

VK4502 (P) Ausf. B ACE!

Images
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 09:19   Link #10870
Sumeragi
Banned

What's the damage?

Also, I recommend this site for uploading. You can just use your WoT login info.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 11:26   Link #10871
Gravitas Free Zone

It took three hours for my Lowe+B2 purchase to clear. Had time to read comments from the growing collection of annoyed people on the WoT forum about the veeeeeeery sloooooooow payment processing issue. I suppose they're a bit busy.

The B2... despite using the same 47mm ammo as the Pz38t and 38nA, the gun is crap and the pen is lousy. I got a Sniper award on 40 shots my first time out, but less than half of those shots actually did anything. Fortunately the other half of my team was capping out while I experimented on an enemy AMX 40, which was probably chuckling while I chipped at its paint.

But I knew this going in, because the PzS35, which I also own, has the same gun. However, that actually has a chance of hurting things because the S35 spends a reasonable amount of time fighting Tier 2s.

There is, of course, the solution of loading MORE APCR. Because who runs a PzB2 to make money????

The Lowe, which I still wish I didn't have to actually purchase, is managing to annoy me slightly less after its debut than the T34 did. The advantage it has in aim time and the slight advantage in fire rate probably helps, though they're both ponderously slow.

However, I didn't pull down the Lowe's aim time as much as I could have, since I loaded it with a rammer, vertical stabilizer, and... coated optics. The GLD would probably help, but then again it's the same aim time as the E-75, and I'm not running GLD on the E-75—but that has vents instead of optics, because I actually put the E-75 in the front of some attacks.

The PzB2 is also equipped with optics right now also, I wanted to get an idea of how much that might help it.
Old 2013-11-29, 11:58   Link #10872
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post

There is, of course, the solution of loading MORE APCR. Because who runs a PzB2 to make money????
This is what I do on the Valentine II. 100% gold ammo. Somehow I've still managed to make money on some of the better games.

I guess I should hurry up and buy the PzB2 bundle ASAP if I want to have it available by the time I get home.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 13:25   Link #10873
Gravitas Free Zone

Incidentally, I encountered someone in a Tier 6 game in a KV-2 who started off saying "I can use AP for this game" with the 152mm.

While I acknowledged that it was possible, my main thought was "Whyyyyyy??"

Also, regarding the Lowe+B2 bundle... as I'd figured a few days ago, the bundles aren't much of a discount versus the usual gold prices, but that's the cost of getting a novelty-item vehicle.

Rumors are that the KV-220 bundle won't be that much of a cost savings because all of the add-ons are pricey. As far as the rarity of the 220 itself... well, it'll be common enough after Monday, I guess.
Old 2013-11-29, 13:50   Link #10874
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Also regarding the PzB2, I figured this might be worth linking as well: You can get one by buying 4 WoT shirts at Jinx. This will actually end up costing quite a bit more than the gift shop bundle, but if you already have or don't want the Lowe (and are nerdy enough to wear these shirts), it is an option.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 15:45   Link #10875
Newhope

Another example of how crap the KT is, AMX-90 2 shots though the angled glacial plate 1 though the turret and 1 though the mantlet out of one clip.

Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 15:48   Link #10876
Blaat

Speaking of the AMX 13 90 I bought one today, still as sluggish as the predecessors. I'm liking the alpha on the clip damage but it will be a while before I get used to the reload time, going from 15s reload time to 40s is rather shocking.

I'm so used to reloading while only having fired one shot but that's something I won't be able to do any more.
Old 2013-11-29, 16:21   Link #10877
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Another example of how crap the KT is, AMX-90 2 shots though the angled glacial plate 1 though the turret and 1 though the mantlet out of one clip.
Why are you letting an AMX 13 90 get that close to you in the first place?

Seems we found the problem: You're a brawler.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 16:25   Link #10878
Gravitas Free Zone

Ended up getting a Locust (hey, it's a sale). Will be interesting to compare it with the T-15. Locust crew may end up being shoved into the T71, assuming that eventually I'll go through the aggro of the T21. The Locust's crew slots fit, unlike the T2 Light Tank's, and it doesn't use a machine gun. On the minus side, the Locust still has a horrible radio.

Speaking of things with bad reputations, I'm doing okay in the AT 8. Not spectacularly well, but it's not a horrible death coffin either. My only gripe is that apparently the hitbox for the commander's cupola is this big:

And of course everyone shoots at it, because that's what you do.

...speaking of horrible radios, it amuses me greatly that the FCM36PaK40's radio range is shorter than its view range... so it would be possible, in terms of the weird meshing of game mechanics and reality, for it to get spotting information at longer range from a tank with no radio and a guy waving his arms out the hatch, than if the FCM's radio was actually working.
Old 2013-11-29, 16:30   Link #10879
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Speaking of Tiger II... If I didn't miss a shot and got sniper on that loss yesterday, I would probably have gotten ace tanker after courageous resistance... ;_;

The Ace on the Tiger II seems rather impossible.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 16:30   Link #10880
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Why are you letting an AMX 13 90 get that close to you in the first place?

Seems we found the problem: You're a brawler.
AMX was no where near me it was in bushes a little futher along from where my teams TD is in that screenshot about 250-300m away, I think I have a screen shot of where it was.

Edit:

Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks